Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerkmate
Advocate

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Skitzophr3nic]
    #16086397 - 04/13/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

What I liked about this kit was the fact that I didnt hace to worry about the outside environment as much as I would if I drilled holes all over.  I grew my mushrooms in a DIRTY workshop because it was the only place I could. I really liked the Air pump with holes drilled method the kit has, and now I meake my own I still use an air pump and have great results all the time.

Ive used the shotgun style tek also in a cleaner room, and it worked about the exact same as this kit. I'm still too nervous to grow in my dusty, dirty workshop without an air pump/hose system.

This kit was worth it for me just cuz it got me in this hobby and I learned alot..

Too many people try and suggest things and I like to just follow one way to grow, so i was in the same boat as you guys a few months ago..

Like I said before I still use all the equipment I got from them, except the lights obviously.. but thats a simple fix..

Extra perlite? Yea it wouldnt hurt.. they send it with enough to make 2-3" not the 4" that other places tell you, but I as able to get 95%+ humidity without 4" of perlite, so im not sure exactly why you need so much?

I added more perlite to my own homemade chamber I made once I became more confident and I think if you are not using a humidifier 4" is needed to keep up the proper levels..

anyways,
Happy flaming!

--------------------
_

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineapplesmasher420
CGI and Visual Effects Artist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kekistan
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Skitzophr3nic]
    #16086407 - 04/13/12 07:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

my apolagies, i saw you talking about a growlog so i wasnt sure if you knew this used to be how everyone did it. so it does definately work :thumbup:

and im all for you guys experimenting with what you have as thats all a part of science! and im the same way with a lot of things. sometimes you have to do it yourself to really understand how it works. thats why i usually learn from my own mistakes rather than others :heart:

and rk, your cakes dont even leave the jars until they are fully colonized at which point they are pretty much immune to contamination until they begin to succumb to senscenence.

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Every image and post made by this account is generated by AI :shrug:

Offlinerkmate
Advocate

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: applesmasher420]
    #16086424 - 04/13/12 07:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Applesmasher,

Yea I wasnt worried about them during incubating, it was fruting stage that had me really concerned. Alot of reading I did made a big deal about keeping everything so sterile and whatnot.. So I just figured better safe than sorry.

--------------------
_

OfflineGalidor4
Beholder
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: jellycrab]
    #16086449 - 04/13/12 07:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jellycrab said:
will do ill be sure to document and make a report... this is going to be a great hobby:crazy2:

:thumbup:

Offlinemagic14364
Stranger
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Galidor4]
    #16086554 - 04/13/12 07:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, just stumbled upon this thread and I also just got the Mega kit from Midwest, so far I'm pleased with everything I got.  I got my B+ from Ralpsters the same day.  The guy I talked to on phone at Midwest highly recommended Ralphsters spores, and i was really hesitant because i wanted to use my credit card but anyways, all I have been reading is great reviews on them here, and i will give Ralphsters A+++ on service too!

My jars were all injected about 5 days ago now and all 18 are seeing nickel to quarter size spots on all of them!!!  I'm so excited!!! 

Good luck Jellycrab and Skitzophrer, let me know if I should add some holes.  It already has a bunch in it

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

Loc: 4th Dimension
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: magic14364]
    #16086761 - 04/13/12 08:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

magic14364 said:
let me know if I should add some holes.  It already has a bunch in it

Holes in what?

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Loc: The Moon Flag
    #16088245 - 04/14/12 07:28 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Skitzophr3nic said:
Not trying to be a dick, but we get it. I've been told pretty much the same thing time and time again, and I'm sure jellycrab has to.
We don't need to be told this is outdated and that there are beter ways, we know that.
And yes, we're noob mushroom growers, but you gota start somewhere, right? To be honest with you, as long as I see ONE mushroom grow, i'll be satisfied.
We don't care about the better ways, at least not right now. We have what we have and we're going to use it. Well at least I am, and i'm sure jelly didn't just spend $140 for nothing either.

:thumbup:
well said, it seems like alot of people get a stick up there ass whenever you mention a kit. THIS IS OUR FIRST GROW.. we already know there are better ways but we spent a bunch of dough on the easy way and were going to try that, people dont seem to be able to read cause we keep gettin the same posts:confused:

--------------------
"I used to have a drug problem…..now I make enough money."David Lee Roth

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16088407 - 04/14/12 08:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

http://

--------------------

OfflineGalidor4
Beholder
Male

#16088671 - 04/14/12 10:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Dudes,
I wish I had found this before I started growing, it's a perfect starter kit. I can't wait to see how your guy's grows go. Please keep me update.

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Galidor4]
    #16089009 - 04/14/12 12:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the kit dident come with directions is there some place I can download?

--------------------

OfflineGalidor4
Beholder
Male

#16089598 - 04/14/12 03:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16091407 - 04/14/12 11:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jellycrab said:
the kit dident come with directions is there some place I can download?

There should be a paper with a link for a one time visit only to a few guides you can download. I thought it was gona be a hard copy set of instructions too. :shrug:

--------------------
"I was here"

InvisibleXxJason LivesxX

#16097631 - 04/16/12 01:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

lol I stumbled on this thread today. I currently have 9 Midwest jars noc'd up(Day 3). I'm not using an incubator though as I've been able to keep 73-76 temps consistent just in my closet. If you guy need the directions I downloaded the adobe files the link gave gave me I'll send them to you.

Any advice on temps from guys with few grows under your belts? Am I in a good range?

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: XxJason LivesxX]
    #16098122 - 04/16/12 03:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

XxJason LivesxX said:
lol I stumbled on this thread today. I currently have 9 Midwest jars noc'd up(Day 3). I'm not using an incubator though as I've been able to keep 73-76 temps consistent just in my closet. If you guy need the directions I downloaded the adobe files the link gave gave me I'll send them to you.

Any advice on temps from guys with few grows under your belts? Am I in a good range?

Your doing great! :thumbup:  I wouldn't worry about the temp too much as long as its not staying consistently below. 65 or above 80 however your current temp is rather ideal.

Also its good not to use an incubator as people stopped using these a few years ago reason being they found the consistent warm temp, increase in humidity, and lack of FAE promootes the growth of molds and bacterial contams keep up the good work! :heart:

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: applesmasher420]
    #16104628 - 04/17/12 11:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so you got the kit and spores, right? Have you inoculated yet?
My cakes should be at 100% sometime next week. After that, another week of consolidating, then I can birth my babies! :crazy2:

--------------------
"I was here"

OfflineChokingSmoker
one grow under the belt
Male

Loc: North Texas
    #16185286 - 05/05/12 09:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Does a kit give me anything I can't find a way to do myself? Because I'm not sure if I wanna spend that much, but the added security of knowing that you're doing it right must be nice.

--------------------
You'll never know how little you know, because it's all you know. You know?

Don't you think the joker laughs at you?

OfflineSynapse Trap
Eating God's Holy Cannabis Plant
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: ChokingSmoker]
    #16185362 - 05/05/12 09:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChokingSmoker said:
Does a kit give me anything I can't find a way to do myself?

no.. also, if you do it yourself you will learn quite a bit more about the process.

--------------------
Synapse Trap

:flyhigh:

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #16185662 - 05/05/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah and as discussed earlier the kit is outdated and much less effective. Roger rabbit (a god in the cultivation world commented in this thread about why exactly The kit is. Ineffective. Also its ripping you off as the items ain the kit are things like mayson jars $10 plastic tub $10 perlite $3 brown rice flour $3 and vermiculite $10

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16743499 - 08/27/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So how did this go for you man? Mine turned out very successful, so i'm curious as to how yours did.

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlineshocker420
Stranger
    #16743791 - 08/27/12 03:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys!  I started this hobby in January and got that same kit. People will talk shit about "kits", but its a good way to get started. The humidifier they sent with the kit works great... its actually powerful enough to run two kits with, i know cuz i tried it :wink: as you get more experience you will try different setups then eventually you will want to try a bulk grow, then go mono tub. The light they send is a joke, ive had good luck with led lights. Their jars do rock, im lazy too. There spawn bags colonize well, ive messed up the tray grows ive tried with them, but im a noob to this as well. Good luck and good vibes!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck