Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleEnlilM
The Johnny Appleseed of Hope™
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: cozc]
    #16085285 - 04/13/12 04:17 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cozc said:
Quote:

BeefheartisBetter said:
Are lawsuits your answer to everything?

What would you suggest? Letting getting mauled go completely? I mean hes already getting away with having me attacked, having no business insurance, and harboring a vicious animal (60$ ticket). Take it out on the family friend and my grandfather and end up with assault charges?

I figured a law suit was really the only mature, not to mention legal, way of going about trying to solve the situation.

Trust me there would have been no law suit if I had gotten an apology, or it hadn't been intentionally set up. I would much rather take having a family over $2000. Although after this whole ordeal I think I've realized I'm better off without them lol

You figured wrong...If your big brother kicks your ass, you don't sue him...if your sister wrecks your car...you don't sue her...

If your grandfather sicks his dog on you, you don't sue him...

That's simply not how you deal with family problems...That's like calling the cops on family...

If anyone ever comes into my office asking to sue a family member, my answer will be "no"...if anyone comes into my office asking how much to defend a suit from a family member, my answer will be "nothing...it's free."

--------------------
Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Ellis Dee said, "And those kids in CT deserved to die and I'm glad they're dead. I am glad that the survivors will have to "live with it" too. hahaha"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecozc
Stranger

Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: Dawks]
    #16085292 - 04/13/12 04:19 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dawks said:
Call them.

You: Hello this is stoner boy
Them: oh what do you want.
You: Can you scan all those childhood photos of mine and email them to me, I would like to be able to show them to my kids [someday].

I highly doubt they'll say NO YOU FUCKING CAN'T YOU WEED SMOKING SCUMBAG. And then if they don't, well whatever man, they're just photos :shrug: I hardly got any of me as youngin'

Believe me or not, but this was their exact reaction lmfao!

@enlil: I was just expecting them to act like adults and realize my children might want to see pictures of me, I suppose thats too much? What would you do? Completely let it go? I don't think I did anything in the wrong or went too far with anything. They wanted to cut contact with me anyway, this was just their psychotic way of going about it

--------------------
  <--- good day :mushroom2:

InvisibleEnlilM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: cozc]
    #16085301 - 04/13/12 04:20 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cozc said:
@enlil: I was just expecting them to act like adults and realize my children might want to see pictures of me, I suppose thats too much? What would you do? Completely let it go? I don't think I did anything in the wrong or went too far with anything. They wanted to cut contact with me anyway, this was just their psychotic way of going about it

I gave you a suggestion...offer to let the judgment go in exchange for the pictures...

--------------------
Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Ellis Dee said, "And those kids in CT deserved to die and I'm glad they're dead. I am glad that the survivors will have to "live with it" too. hahaha"

OfflineDivineIntensity
Techno-Optimist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: Enlil]
    #16085313 - 04/13/12 04:23 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

cozc said:
Quote:

BeefheartisBetter said:

What would you suggest? Letting getting mauled go completely? I mean hes already getting away with having me attacked, having no business insurance, and harboring a vicious animal (60$ ticket). Take it out on the family friend and my grandfather and end up with assault charges?

I figured a law suit was really the only mature, not to mention legal, way of going about trying to solve the situation.

Trust me there would have been no law suit if I had gotten an apology, or it hadn't been intentionally set up. I would much rather take having a family over $2000. Although after this whole ordeal I think I've realized I'm better off without them lol

You figured wrong...If your big brother kicks your ass, you don't sue him...if your sister wrecks your car...you don't sue her...

That's simply not how you deal with family problems...That's like calling the cops on family...

If anyone ever comes into my office asking to sue a family member, my answer will be "no"...if anyone comes into my office asking how much to defend a suit from a family member, my answer will be "nothing...it's free."

So because of some made up rule he should be forced to deal with people who are obviously not going to listen to reason? They don't care about him, they have no decency and they're conniving pricks. I think you did the right thing OP :thumbup: you're much better off w/o them anyways.

If I were you, I'd just lie to them about smoking weed - say you quit, and you found the err of your ways. Then get the pictures, and cut all ties.

--------------------

Invisiblecozc
Stranger

Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: Enlil]
    #16085322 - 04/13/12 04:25 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

cozc said:
Quote:

BeefheartisBetter said:

First off, it was a family friends trained attack dog, not my grandfather beagle.

Second off, since when does family get a free pass to fuck your shit? If my Dad stole from me, I would call the police, not say its oke cause it was my father

Third off, Turning down business because you have some crazy "family over everything" is just retarded. They're just people like everyone else. They just happened to be stuck with you for 18 years after your mom got knocked up.

If someone turned down a case because it was against a family member, I'm sure 90% of people would agree thats horrible business and a sign of a bad lawyer in the first place.

btw, did you miss the part where the law suit was against the family friend, and not my grandfather?

--------------------
  <--- good day :mushroom2:

InvisibleEnlilM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16085334 - 04/13/12 04:27 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cozc said:
btw, did you miss the part where the law suit was against the family friend, and not my grandfather?

Lol...probably.

In any case, you're screwed on a legal remedy...you need to negotiate something if you want access to those pictures.

P.S.  Time tends to soften people's positions...in five years, they might be much more willing to share the pictures.

--------------------
Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinebiff
Boom
Male

Loc: america
    #16085360 - 04/13/12 04:33 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Your uncle butt fucks you raw to the age of 15. You don't call the cops. You clean up and offer to make him a sandwich.

Mom beats you with a baseball bat? Buy her flowers.

Dad locks you in the basement and only feeds you dog food? thank him.

family is not exempt from being sued or pursuing legal action against.

OfflineDivineIntensity
Techno-Optimist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: biff]
    #16085367 - 04/13/12 04:34 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

biff said:
Quote:

Quote:

Your uncle butt fucks you raw to the age of 15. You don't call the cops. You clean up and offer to make him a sandwich.

:ilold: At least I'm not the only one who has a problem with that family logic :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: biff]
    #16085374 - 04/13/12 04:36 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

biff said:
Quote:

Quote:

I tend to agree with this to an extent.

>P.S.  Time tends to soften people's positions...in five years, they might be much more willing to share the pictures.

This. So long as you don't threaten them, or make yourself look like a complete jackass in the meantime, in time they'll come around, at least enough to make some copies of some photos.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

InvisibleEnlilM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need legal advice. Family with-holding only copies of childhood photos [Re: Dawks]
    #16085418 - 04/13/12 04:45 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I never said they were exempt...but they certainly get special consideration which at least includes a higher threshold of wrong before suing...

And maybe the OP is right...maybe it makes me a bad lawyer...I'm okay with that opinion...I won't help a client sue a family member...for any reason...

--------------------
Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: PA Flag
    #16085420 - 04/13/12 04:46 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

biff said:
Quote:

Quote:

No, you beat the living shit out of him and sodomize him with a cucumber when you are bigger than him.

Quote:

No, you throw her ass in the trash when she can no longer take care of herself and needs assistance.

Quote:

No, you burn down the house.

.... :lol:.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub