Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRon
Choppa

Am I smoking too much?
    #16072003 - 04/10/12 07:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have been smoking weed for 3 months or so 2-3 times a week, and every time I smoke I question if I am smoking too much or what the problem is. Right now I have been smoking blue dream wich is 90/10 or 80/20 sativa dom. Sometimes when I smoke after a while I can control the high almost, and it is like I can focus on a feeling in any part of my body. So if I focus on my head it is almost like I am taking all of my energy in my body and pushing it to my head, and it feels like an adrenaline rush I guess you could call it, it almost scares me to a point. If this is happening does this mean I have smoked too much? Also, I can't stand getting tired after 1-2 hours of smoking. Like when I get off work at 10pm I like to smoke and watch some tv but it never happens because my mind is literally dead and I fall asleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Loc: Genezleganooby
Re: Am I smoking too much? [Re: Ron]
    #16072033 - 04/10/12 07:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That's not for us to decide. If it's interfering with your life in a way you'd rather it didn't, then smoke less. If you like the effects or think they're worth it, continue on.

How else would you define "too much"?

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
    #16072078 - 04/10/12 07:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

2-3 times a week is fine... Many people smoke multiple times a day and I tend to find that too much and am cutting down from falling into that habit myself.

And if you focus on any part of your body, high or not - your probably gonna get some weird sensations just because your focusing on it. The weed is just intensifying those sensations & adding a slight psychedelic twist to it... If you know the specifics of the weed you have, It's probably some decent stuff, so something feeling similar to an adrenalin rush isn't too odd.
As for getting tired from weed - that's pretty common too and especially after work at night haha. Maybe try tea or coffee to help keep you up. I've been drinking a tea called Yerba mate lately and it is quite effective at keeping me fairly alert while baked, but no tea of coffee will ever KEEP me awake if I'm baked :thumbup:

As for if your doing too much, shelkov181 is spot on :smile:

--------------------
[

Edited by chooken (04/10/12 07:36 PM)

Invisiblelilmikey24-7
The master
Male

Re: Am I smoking too much? [Re: shelkov181]
    #16072085 - 04/10/12 07:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone has there comfort level. It's hard to say what's too much, but if it were hindering you in any way I'd say that's too much.

Offlinewindowlikcer
Stranger
Male
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: lilmikey24-7]
    #16072373 - 04/10/12 08:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ya it depends on the context. if its causing issues for you while you're sober or making you extremely uncomfortable while you're high, then you should consider cutting back.

honestly, I get "kundalini rising" experiences almost every time I smoke, so for that reason I limit myself to once a week, because to go through that every day would be crippling, and I would not be able to function as well in normal life. If you seem particularly sensitive to the effects, then just space it out more. You'll appreciate it more anyway if its a once a week kind of thing. And remember, if you are used to smoking three times a week, then you are going to crave it when you break that cycle. Its only natural, but after about 2 weeks you will adjust to the new "schedule" and it will be fine!

Bottom line, do what feels right, and be aware of how its effecting you at all times, sober or not.

OfflineSoreSpore

Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: windowlikcer]
    #16075936 - 04/11/12 02:56 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This is a very subjective question.

Since I won't be able to answer the question that has to be answered by you, I will share my own experience. I work 50+ hours a week. I smoke weed every single week night after work. Occasionally I will skip, but for the most part everyday. I exercise, eat healthy and consume maily water as my choice beverage. On the weekends, I like to smoke right when I wake up in the morning, again in the afternoon and pretty much stay high all day. You bet your ass I get stoned every friday and saturday night. A lot of people would say that I am a pot head, but I tend to disagree. Weed does not control. I choose to pick it up. If I don't smoke, it isn't all I think about. I do appreciate what the substance has to offer, however, and will continue using it until I get bored with it.

Each to their own. We are creatues of habit, which often translates to addiction if your habbit is considered "bad" to society. People who get home from work and watch TV every night for 4 hours filling their minds with useless, mind numbing entertainment, in my opinion, is an addict. There habit prevents them from bettering themselves as individuals and as humans. However, most of society would tell you that this is "normal" behavior. It all comes down to yourself.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add. It sounds like you are just getting hella ripped bro. Damn, I miss those days terrbily! Enjoy for me :burnone:

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: SoreSpore]
    #16076061 - 04/11/12 03:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I used to smoke 4-7 grams a day for about 3 years straight, it varied depending on the day and what I had to get done. Now I smoke a gram a day between my girl and I and I have noticed plenty of positives from cutting back. The amount you are smoking sounds just fine, I was able to get my BA while smoking all day everyday and am still able to do fine in law school smoking a g a day, its all about moderation bro and you are doing just fine.

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Offlinefr0g7
Shampoo Fragrance Tester

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: JimLahey]
    #16076351 - 04/11/12 04:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

For every 2 months of regular smoking I do (2-3 times a week) I take a full month completely off.

Helps bring tolerance waaaaay down and clear the mind. I would recommend trying it (alter the time frames as much as you feel comfortable).

But to answer the question at hand, I dont think you smoke too much.

--------------------
When I was a kid, my father always used to wash my mouth out with soap; but that was only to get rid of any traces of his DNA.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: fr0g7] * 1
    #16076388 - 04/11/12 04:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I smoke all day and its ruining my life day by day.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineMotherNaturesSon
Neuromancer ☿
Male

#16076393 - 04/11/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I used to smoke everyday at least 3 times a day for what...like three years or something :shrug: that didn't work out too well for me eventually :lol:

don't smoke anymore. I mean I have smoked a spliff and taken puffs here and there, but honestly I just don't feel like it anymore. Especially after entire months of panic attack episodes.

But I feel like i might just take it up someday soon again during weekends :bigblunt: smoking like that did yearn the greatest, most boring [in a positive way, not very productive tho] time of my life. :nyan:

--------------------
:watchingyou: :raptorJesus: :teabird: :watchingyou:

Excerpts of inner dialogue III-V-VIII:

"Im no saint, but I do have genuine intentions."
"So you believe in intensions?"
"No. I believe in being genuine."

"The goal is to become more child-like, and less child-ish."

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: MotherNaturesSon]
    #16076543 - 04/11/12 05:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I smoke once I get home after work, and after all my homework is done. Just gotta make sure you get your shit done before you get high, no different than any other substance.

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Offlinechucknorris
Ground Chuck

#16076618 - 04/11/12 05:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

If you don't feel that its interfering with your life, burn away!

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: chucknorris]
    #16076721 - 04/11/12 05:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chucknorris said:
If you don't feel that its interfering with your life, burn away!

Good advice Chuck!

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female
    #16076727 - 04/11/12 05:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

If you're smoking too much then I'm smoking WAY too much

:stoned2:

Offlinechucknorris
Ground Chuck

Re: Am I smoking too much? [Re: drr]
    #16076766 - 04/11/12 06:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
If you're smoking too much then I'm smoking WAY too much

:stoned2:

Hahah I was thinking the same thing.

Offlineresonant111
left ∞ right

Loc: IL
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16077835 - 04/11/12 09:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
I smoke all day and its ruining my life day by day.

i smoked every day for five years straight and it was seriously making me delusional, anti-social, and generally afraid of living life.

quitting was perhaps the best decision i've ever made. my last two breakthrough trips have reinforced just how much I don't need weed to be at peace. occasional psychedelic trips are far more rewarding, and that will be my plan moving forward.

OP, if you're having any doubts AT ALL, I'd just stop smoking weed altogether. it's not for everyone.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: resonant111]
    #16077866 - 04/11/12 09:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You're not smokin very much at all.

OfflineMushyMatt
LSD-25
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under a Mushroom
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #16077890 - 04/11/12 09:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------
Reborn - 6/08/13

OfflinePobeese
Amanita Muscaria
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #16078228 - 04/11/12 11:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
You're not smokin very much at all.

--------------------
“Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."”

- Bill Hicks.

Drugs to try: Alcohol, Weed, LSD, Mushrooms, DMT, LSA, Ayahuasca, Mescaline, MDMA, DXM, Ketamine, MXE, Salvia, Kratom, Ibogaine

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Pobeese]
    #16078336 - 04/11/12 11:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

No. :noyoudidawet:

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds