Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMandark
Male

Loc: Poland Flag
Spanish pot plan goes up in smoke
    #16073585 - 04/11/12 02:49 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Cannabis-growing plan for Catalan town fails to reach vote threshold
Proposal by mayor of Rasquera to become centre of marijuana production gets only 56% backing; however, he does not resign
    Giles Tremlett in Madrid
    guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 11 April 2012 00.34 BST

To many people in the small town of Rasquera in the east of Spain, it seemed like the perfect remedy to the economic crisis: a massive legal cannabis plantation that would give a new high to the local economy.

But the plan to make Rasquera into a centre of marijuana production for southern Europe appears to have gone up in smoke after the locals showed lukewarm support in a referendum.

Mayor Bernat Pellisa had pledged to resign, in effect cancelling the project, if his bold plan were to win the support of fewer than three-quarters of voters in this Catalan town of 900 souls, previously known for its olives, almonds and goats.

Last night the result came: only 56% of voters backed his plan, after a bitter campaign in which opponents accused him of artificially stuffing the census with supporters.

But Bernat has declined to resign immediately, telling TV crews gathered in the town to see the result, that he would think again, since he had got majority backing - leaving the project in confusion.

The vote is nevertheless a blow to the Barcelona Private Consumption Cannabis Association, which had agreed to lease out municipal land to grow marijuana for its 5,000 members.

Bernat had said the plan would provide up to 40 jobs when unemployment in Spain stands at 24%. It would also bring up to €1.3m to the town in two years – allowing it to pay off its council debt.

Police, the central government in Madrid and the autonomous region authorities in Catalonia had been less enthusiastic about the town plan, saying it is illegal.

But Bernat had said that he had commissioned legal opinions which had argued that growing cannabis for private consumption, even if it was between thousands of people, was legal in Spanish law.

Numerous cannabis clubs have sprung up across the country in recent years, with courts accepting that small plantations providing marijuana for a limited number of people are not illegal.

But even members of Spain's cannabis lobby had said they thought Rasquera's plan was too big to be considered legal.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/11/cannabis-growing-vote-rasquera-spain

Edited by Mandark (04/11/12 02:51 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Spanish pot plan goes up in smoke [Re: Mandark]
    #16074845 - 04/11/12 12:51 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

This reminds me of that National Geographic show "American Weed"

Youve got your colorado local boys, trying to look all professional pushing legislative monopoly rules in favor for their business.  They are corporate policy white coats of monopoly scum.  They try so hard to look like cool colorado boys, using words like "Patient" and "Medicine" But those are the words of the rockefelelrs themselves.

Meanwhile the locals  (former mayor, former police officer)  is pissed because now someone is encroaching on their monopoly on black market kickbacks, and whole/partial funding.      These guys masquared as the squares anti drug, pro life etc. etc. But in reality they are the dirty heroin Laden terrorists they pretend to dislike

Its all so clear.        Written on TampaEnsis.    No I don't grow. Why grow problems when you can buy perfection.

InvisibleEpiglottis
Scrambled Circuits
Loc: Cathode Ray Tube
Re: Spanish pot plan goes up in smoke [Re: downlowfunk]
    #16074998 - 04/11/12 01:28 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by Epiglottis (04/13/12 12:03 PM)

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Re: Spanish pot plan goes up in smoke [Re: Epiglottis]
    #16075033 - 04/11/12 01:39 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Epiglottis said:

:wow:  :wow:

I am glad to wow you.  Please put that hammer back on the shelf.

OfflineBA142
Melting on my Ti

#16075392 - 04/11/12 03:03 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk said:

Youve got your colorado local boys, trying to look all professional pushing legislative monopoly rules in favor for their business.  They are corporate policy white coats of monopoly scum.  They try so hard to look like cool colorado boys, using words like "Patient" and "Medicine" But those are the words of the rockefelelrs themselves.

Meanwhile the locals  (former mayor, former police officer)  is pissed because now someone is encroaching on their monopoly on black market kickbacks, and whole/partial funding.      These guys masquared as the squares anti drug, pro life etc. etc. But in reality they are the dirty heroin Laden terrorists they pretend to dislike

Its all so clear.        Written on TampaEnsis.    No I don't grow. Why grow problems when you can buy perfection.

You're a fucking idiot

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Re: Spanish pot plan goes up in smoke [Re: BA142]
    #16075806 - 04/11/12 04:29 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BA142 said:
Quote:

downlowfunk said:

You're a fucking idiot

Oh??? ??? ???  Growing grows problems  pests, molds, Contamination,the law, etc. They are not my headaches.    As for the rest of my analyses I am spot on correct.    Perhaps this situation is not the exact same situation, but it wreaks of familiarity.

Edited by downlowfunk (04/11/12 04:31 PM)

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

#16075934 - 04/11/12 04:55 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

CIA rendition flight

6 goat herders "Al-Qaeda"  all cameras on them from 50 feet back "national security"
meanwhile the cargo hold is unloaded from the back of the plane "supplies".
young boys,girls, heroin, marijuana.

OfflineMandark
Male

Loc: Poland Flag
    #16076346 - 04/11/12 06:13 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys, mind if I ask: what are you talking about?! And how's that connected to the news story?

--------------------
"One might ask why tobacco is legal and marijuana not. A possible answer is suggested by the nature of the crop. Marijuana can be grown almost anywhere, with little difficulty. It might not be easily marketable by major corporations. Tobacco is quite another story." - Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mandark (04/11/12 06:14 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service