Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: newyorkcheesecake] * 1
    #16112470 - 04/19/12 04:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Using this TEK as we speak. Grains are drying in the sink and am going to load them into my jars soon. TL is good at what he does and I intend to get similar results.

Good write up. :kenthumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16114251 - 04/19/12 11:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:thanx:

& that's funny, because I'm PCing my WBS ATM. :smirk:

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineLifted1
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East USA Flag
Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #16114269 - 04/19/12 11:16 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

TL, I'm going to assume ( at my own risk ) that you made this tek because you prefer wbs over other grains, particularly rye. If so, I'd love to know why.

--------------------

Discovering yourself is only "discovery" in so much as you discovered that what you once thought was real, is only a mirage.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: Lifted1]
    #16114324 - 04/19/12 11:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Nope. I love rye just as much as WBS.
The two benefits I've had from WBS are:
1. Perfect Moisture Content every time.
2. More inoculation points when spawning to bulk.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#16114344 - 04/19/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

30 to 90 minutes to get the surface of your grains dry enough for the pc?? It takes me only 30 to 90 seconds. I wonder why you need so much more time..?

InvisibleMagicCarpetRide89
Sideways Traveler
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) *DELETED* [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #16114349 - 04/19/12 11:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by MagicCarpetRide89

Reason for deletion: posted in wrong forum

--------------------
If it's anonymous you want... IRC: irc.apexsec.ca SSL port: +6697  Room #Apexsec

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: prismism]
    #16114439 - 04/20/12 12:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:
30 to 90 minutes to get the surface of your grains dry enough for the pc?? It takes me only 30 to 90 seconds. I wonder why you need so much more time..?

It's just to be sure.
Normally, I don't even toss the WBS in the strainer.
I just leave it for 2 hours & it's ready.

--------------------

OfflineLifted1
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

#16115089 - 04/20/12 05:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Ive recently been trying something new ( for me ). Ive been cooking up some jars that have both rye, and straight millet. My thinking behind that is that with the rye, I get better moisture content and ease of prep, and with the millet, more inoculation points. Those jars are colonizing quite quickly. Perhaps even more quickly then the jars which have them by themselves. Obviously, not a groundbreaking technique there, but I'm thinking its a great balance and could possibly offer a better array of nutrients for the myc?

--------------------

Discovering yourself is only "discovery" in so much as you discovered that what you once thought was real, is only a mirage.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16115564 - 04/20/12 09:20 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, I've done the mixing, too before.
I just didn't like the hassle of having to prep the grains separately.

--------------------

OfflineLothar
Primate
Male

Loc: Herding cats Flag
    #16115874 - 04/20/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just followed this tek last week. I bought some quarts and naturally, they were about 1 cm too tall for my PC, so I ended up doing 17 1/2 jars instead.

Due to the large batch of wbs, when exactly it came to a boil was not easy to determine, so I just kept chewing the wheat seeds in the mix until I felt they were 'al dente'. 4 days later and the seeds roll around in the jars, just barely sticky. You have to tap the jar just a bit to get them moving, and then they roll around. No visible condensation or moisture in the jars.

Sound about right?

I inoculated with MS, so I expect it will take a bit longer to see myc showing up.

Thanks for the tek!

Planning on spawning to coir.

--------------------
"What?" ~ Ludwig Van Beethoven

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: Lothar]
    #16115901 - 04/20/12 11:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, sounds like you've got the grain moisture content spot on.

--------------------

Sideways Traveler
Male User Gallery

Re: TL's Simple Wild Bird Seed (WBS) Tek (Pictures) [Re: MagicCarpetRide89]
    #16116202 - 04/20/12 12:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MagicCarpetRide89 said:
Tonight I did a g2g, but I noticed when I broke up my colonized wbs, it turned blue. I know this is bruising, but will it have any affects on colonizing the uncolonized wbs?

Wasn't sure if you missed this last night. just wanted to know your thoughts on g2g

--------------------
If it's anonymous you want... IRC: irc.apexsec.ca SSL port: +6697  Room #Apexsec

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16116222 - 04/20/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

-- Grain to Grain in a Still Air Box Tek (Video) - Coming Soon
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14722698#14722698
^^that's how I feel about it :smirk:

I love G2G's. They're quick & easy.
I can inoculate 12 grain jars w/ 1 jar via G2G in less time than inoculating w/ a syringe of LC or MS.
& yes, that sounds like bruising. Next time don't let your grain jar overcolonize as much.

--------------------

InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16116242 - 04/20/12 01:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Nice tek TL :thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
The mushrooms just keep following me

OfflineLifted1
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

#16116410 - 04/20/12 01:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Yea, I've done the mixing, too before.
I just didn't like the hassle of having to prep the grains separately.

I haven't been prepping the grains separately... am I supposed to be for some reason? Like I said, so far they are colonizing better than the rest.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16116425 - 04/20/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I would never boil WBS for 5 minutes after an 18 hour soak.
You'd get a lot of burst kernels that way.

--------------------

Sideways Traveler
Male User Gallery

#16201469 - 05/08/12 07:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Well, I would never boil WBS for 5 minutes after an 18 hour soak.
You'd get a lot of burst kernels that way.

Do you find that an 18 hour soak is a sweet spot for wbs? And when you say "let it come to a boil, then remove from the burner", do you like it come to a full roaring boil? Or just starting to come to a boil?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16201697 - 05/08/12 08:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say 18 hours is the sweet spot give or take an hour or two.

I let it come to a full boil then immediately dump.

--------------------

Sideways Traveler
Male User Gallery

#16202530 - 05/08/12 10:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Still :takingnotes:. Thanks TL

--------------------

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16263806 - 05/21/12 05:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey TL, it's gonna be about 22 hours before i get home take them out of the soak and load jars, you think this is too long? Or you think i'll be ok

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder