Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Drank some Couph syrup
    #1606851 - 06/04/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Tonight. I know it sounds juvenile. It is, but i think it is an underated drug. As soon as I stepped outside to take a walk i felt verry alive again. Theres a thunder/lightning storm alittle off and it's threataning to rain. I love it. You can just feel the electricity in the air. I'm adicted to this fucking sight so of course i come back here when i'm done to tell you all about it. As i was looking through the newest pics in the growlog pics forum i got back some of the awe i once had for these buetiful fruits. I couldn't help feeling like the mushrooms were the same as you and I. Only on a different level. I'v been coming to this site for like alittle over 2 years now. As i come nearer and nearer to becoming a creator i find myself here even more often, and have become somewhat desinsitized to it all just socking up information along with whatever other bullshit happens to be with it. But tonight the flame has relit itself and i can feel that vibe again that i got when i first got here.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: Dreamer987]
    #1606916 - 06/04/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Years ago, I was up for 5 days once then slammed a bottle of rob...highest I have ever been. Body and visual.

wow

Normal dxm doesnt really interest me. Did way too much as a kid. Before school we would eat a box of sudafed and slam some robitussin!
And still I was a 4.0 student, went on to a college with 16% acceptance even!

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: longshot]
    #1607266 - 06/04/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Tired DXM about a month ago, 300mg, didn't really experience anything except for some vivid dreams when i went to bed. I wanna try a higher dosage but ?14 for 4 bottles (600mg) i'd rather buy a bottle of jack daniels or a small smoke.....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1608632 - 06/04/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Buy the DXM powder online, some say it feel like a cleaner high than syrup and is a bit more intense.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: barfightlard]
    #1608768 - 06/04/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's not really true, but it's a HELL of a lot easier than chugging that sick shit.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1608985 - 06/04/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

DXM is an amazing insightful, underrated drug. It makes me even happier than when I'm rolling.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: ]
    #1609148 - 06/04/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'll be damned.  I wish it did that to me... :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: the free thinker]
    #1609188 - 06/04/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I used to like dxm. Last time I did it the syrup made me sick as a dog. Last time I ever touch that stuff. Just the site of it makes me gag

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: ]
    #1609300 - 06/04/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ive never tried dxm, and quite frankly, i have no idea what it is, and where u can get it. nobody ever talks about that shit here.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: Kanibus]
    #1610701 - 06/05/03 05:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

DXM (dextromethorphan) is a cough-supressant found in most OTC cough syrups. You can get it practically everywhere, over here they only sell products containing it in places like boots and pharmacies. Hence, I have to buy bottles from different places so it doesn't look dodgy, and make up excuses to see the active ingredients list. Journey and the free thinker how much do you usually take to experience effects?

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1619779 - 06/09/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

can't wait till the next time I get bronchitious :grin: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1620502 - 06/09/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sell products containing it in places like boots and pharmacies.

Hey,
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a "Boot"? I know you live in the UK so I guess you have different terms for things. Its it like a drug store/general store?

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1621283 - 06/09/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Boots is the name of a big pharmacy chain over here, they sell all baby wear and general pharmacy stuff.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: mikey_]
    #1621304 - 06/09/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

alrite, question.. if i buy a full bottle of cough syrup and drink it all, what will that do?

--------------------
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1621311 - 06/09/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You will have a disassociative trip.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1621312 - 06/09/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Read up on it. Its on erowid. Its called DXM.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1621371 - 06/09/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Definatey read up on it at www.erowid.com

I nearly thought I had Over dosed when the effects hit me and I am a veteran Hallucinogen user :blush:
If 4-HO-DMT was known to supress coughs should you respect it any less?

Have fun if you decide to try it but be careful an read up on it till your eyes hurt. 

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: shaggy101]
    #1622277 - 06/09/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I fuckin hate that shit. How could anyone like DXM? It just fucks you up, nothing plesant at all, unless you like acting like a retard.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: Murex]
    #1622312 - 06/09/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i did it once in high school and i definately DONT recomend it. It reminded me of being falling down drunk and then taking 4 or 5 huge bong hits. Spun me round and round and round.....could barely walk....puked and puked till my stomach was empty and then dry heaved till i thought my throat was going to crumble to dust.
i drank a full bottle though - maybe it was too much, dunno what a "correct" dose would be and really dont want to find out. I've got better things to do for fun.

For those of you who enjoy it and dont have bad experiences like i did - more power to you.

dizz

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: Murex]
    #1624065 - 06/10/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing pleasant for you. Doesn't hold true for everyone else.

I find the hallucinations, dissociation, alterations in sensory input, euphoria, etc. to be very pleasant. I find DXM to be way more pleasant than LSD or mushrooms.

You're attitude is very ignorant and I think you're just biased against DXM because it's in cough medicines.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1626387 - 06/11/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think disassociatives are drugs where most people who have done them either totally love or totally hate them.It depends on the type of person. I've noticed people who like DXM are often introverted and real talkative people have bad trips.

I happen to hate DXM,but that's just my opinion. I had some good trips in the beginning,but then I had some hellish nightmares.If I take DXM again,most likely it will be a bad experiene,so I probably will never repeat it again.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: monoamine]
    #1626429 - 06/11/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I never noticed any correlation between dissociative use and introvertedness / extrovertedness.

From what I've seen, if you are in the minority (around 1/2 to 1/3 I estimate) who enjoy dissociatives, your chances of having a bad trip are less than 1 in 100. People who feel comfortable on dissociatives are usually *really comfortable*.

I just didn't think it was fair of Morex to say that all DXM does is make you act like a retard. As though people on ten hits of acid or 5 grams of shrooms are behaving like upper class, victorian era Britons. Some people find dissociatives far more powerful as psychedelics than the traditional hallucinogens. It has nothing to do with how you behave. It's all in the subjective experience. I should expect a psychedelic drug user to understand this. Also, even regular users taking 3P trips tend to lie down in the dark. They're not doing anything. If you personally don't like it, that's cool, but for him to generalize his experience to everyone else is a bit much.

I've found that I have about a 50%/50% of having a good time when I smoke weed, and I never really particularly enjoyed it on its own. That's just me though. Everyone knows that there are *a lot* of people who like weed.

To each his own, is all I'm saying.

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #1626586 - 06/11/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Doing DXM made me feel like someone had taken a sledgehammer to my head. I didn't really have a good time with it. Maybe it wasn't in the right setting or whatever (it kicked in as I was taking a cab home late at night) when I got home I was so slow and fucked up, and the only visual thing I got was double vision. After that I said screw cough syrup i like ketamine wayyyy better. K is probably my favorite drug.. I'm thinking of trying DXM one more time to see if it works out again. Though when I look at cough syrup... eghh..

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #1653627 - 06/22/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I Love the stuff! It makes you so retarded, and I can't help but appreciate the innocent humor that comes with being a total dumb fuckaroo for a couple hours. I'd have a conversation with my friend about theories of life and all this, and then we would both forget the entire point of it and laugh forever! And the body effects!!! Walking around was quite a feat, and amazingly fun. We would clomp around, our legs rising high up into the air, and I'd turn around and watch my buddy Steve frozen in place, trying to complete a step but not quite there yet! LOL we were a mess and we were perfect at once. Everything was amazing- it is a trip and more! I even grew to love the taste of it, though I couldn't say the same for my buddy. If anyone is hooked on this stuff I beg you to please not use it more than twice or less a month. It's not healthy and it gave me some significant attention probs. Not shitting you.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: RedNucleus]
    #1653644 - 06/22/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yep
That's DXM
I absolutely love it
it's extremely pleasurable for me and my friends.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #1653656 - 06/22/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, and dreamer, why is it juvenile?
If mushrooms were one day made legal.. say they find out that they cure headaches  :smirk:
would you shun them, say they are a dirty native thing to do, and call them juvenile?

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Drank some Couph syrup [Re: Brugman]
    #1654903 - 06/22/03 10:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think couph syrup is a kidy psychedelic. All the kids do it. It takes a huge amount to do anything more than have a good time. It always makes me puke every time, and every once in a while it makes me feel like shit for several hours. Now i'v never done pure dxm. Mabey its better. Not that i don't like it.

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1655015 - 06/22/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

IMHO, DXM makes LSD look like a toy for children. I find DXM to be far more psychotomimetic than LSD, and so do my friends who have tried both. Most people who try DXM and don't like it say that they don't like it because it's too strong. Also, religious delusions are way more common on DXM than with LSD. At higher doses ("3P") DXM is definately more mind altering than LSD. Even LSD and mushrooms trips where I've had crazy visuals have never compared to the sensations I experienced on DXM like splitting into three people and experiencing all points of infinity at once. I was lucky with DXM though. I was limited in side effects to fast heartrate, high body temperature and thirst, as well as physical incoordination, but not to an extent where I couldn't function. DXM becomes very visual for me with eyes closed or in low light at 3mg/kg (about 200mg). At 10mg/kg (750mg/kg) and above I've had full open eye hallucinations, plus hallucinations in the dark that have far outpowered LSD. I remember experiences where I'd walk into a dark room only to be transported to another, nonexistent room, in full colour. I logically knew that I wasn't really in that room, but it was really interesting trying to navigate while feeling like I was in two rooms at once. BTW, I also started doing DXM when I was older then I started using LSD.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals