Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepqueue
Vowel Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: EvilMushroom666]
    #16035500 - 04/02/12 07:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #16036305 - 04/02/12 10:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EvilMushroom666 said:
Quote:

demonofchaos said:
it seems to me that the way you guys are going at it is inefficient.

personally i think it would alot easier if you temporary created a new section or something and move all the teks that have been checked there. that way you don't have multiple people repeatedly combing over the same articles to find the bad ones.

with this method the main section would slowly get smaller leaving only the bad articles behind which could than be trashed.

We do not have the permissions to do something along those lines, and Ythan
does not want to re-create, re structure, or change the main page until
after the server upgrade.

This is a shame, because I see 2 competing goals here. The first, is that there is a great legacy of cultivation on this side...good and bad. Historically, I find this stuff fascinating and would never want it to just disappear. This is our history. To me, this should always be preserved. But secondly, there is a dire need for some place where noobs can cut through these weeds and get up to date information. My girlfriend has decided to learn the craft and she can't make fucking heads or tails of this place. I hope you do get some kind of permission for this. We need an archive, surely, but we also need to spread the knowledge without requiring someone to sift through outmoded teks for months on end. Sorry if I am ranting...I am passionate...and drunk.

InvisibleIbogaine
Oh yea!

Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Asura]
    #16039336 - 04/03/12 04:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you so much Wing!

I would have guessed it would be just like you said, stop misting and let the lid off. I needed somebody with experience to say it. I am positive that if I would have assumed, I would have been wrong. Every assumption I have made so far has been way off.

I have been so humbled by this whole process. I know this sounds silly, but I thought, "I've planted a garden, how hard could this mushroom stuff be? Just keep it hot and dank." Ahhh man! Not even close. I'm having a lot of fun, but it is counter intuitive at every point.

Thanks for the grow log link. Sweet! I am having way too much fun learning about this stuff!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Ibogaine] * 1
    #16039528 - 04/03/12 05:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

This is a shame, because I see 2 competing goals here. The first, is that there is a great legacy of cultivation on this side...good and bad. Historically, I find this stuff fascinating and would never want it to just disappear. This is our history. To me, this should always be preserved.

In which case copy all the disinformation and save it to your computer.  When I see bad info, I nuke it.  You wouldn't want to study a science textbook in school from 500 years ago simply because it's 'history'.  Inaccurate information has no place in a forum where new folks are trying to learn what to do and reading bad stuff fucks up their hard work.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #16051948 - 04/06/12 09:22 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys I've been AFK in IRL for a while. Glad to see someone is making an effort.

:shroomeryhead:

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Base Icks]
    #16051953 - 04/06/12 09:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:wave:  Hey base hows life :plur:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineSquirrelly
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: so cal
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: 13shrooms]
    #16357119 - 06/09/12 04:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Heres one I found http://www.shroomery.org/5249/How-do-I-pasteurize-casing-material-in-the-microwave ; . to quote one of the trusted cultivators, prob rr, I cant fully recall, "microwaves have no place in mycology."

OfflinePajaritos
Stranger

Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Squirrelly]
    #16369097 - 06/12/12 04:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeap, I follow that method to pasturize some poo and it turns out I end up with some sprouts in my trays. the others trays where I used my PC to pasturized the manure don't have any sprouts growing.

One must be careful with all this information..

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Pajaritos]
    #16382543 - 06/14/12 07:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'd just like to say that I find this thread very disturbing!

Archive the old information, it is indeed part of a historical community document that should be available for curious seekers.

Building a new public cultivation guide with the latest knowledge sounds like a great idea! Permanently deleting old teks seems a silly and ridiculous thing to do.

--------------------

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #16679324 - 08/10/12 09:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/5124/Do-mushrooms-need-light-to-grow-and-how-much

"Colonizing substrate should be kept in dark to make sure the substrate doesn't pin prematurely."

This is outdated

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: PussyFart]
    #16679396 - 08/10/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

There's A LOT more about that post that's outdated then the information of keeping colonizing substrates in the dark.  I motion that article be nuked.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: hamloaf]
    #16681183 - 08/11/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/5124/Do-mushrooms-need-light-to-grow-and-how-much

Quote:

Mushrooms are not plants, so they do not require the type and amount of light to grow like plants do.

Colonizing substrate should be kept in dark to make sure the substrate doesn't pin prematurely.

Fully colonized substrate should be introduced to light to initiate pinning - light "tells" the substrate that the conditions are right for forming fruit bodies.(light is only one of the factors though, the others are lack of uncolonized substate, drop in temperature and lower CO2 levels.

Only a dim light is needed, anything too bright or warm will harm the cakes. A fluorescent lamp or indirect sunlight is plenty of light. But basically any kind of visible light will do.

A few hours of light per day is all that is needed, 10 hours is probably an overkill. ( the book Mushroom Cultivator states that 12-16 hours of light is recommended, but the experience shows that much less is sufficient).

A source with a wide spectrum of light, especially containing lots of bluish light (natural daylight or white fluorescent lights are very good examples of light with lots of blue) is best, but a low wattage incandescent light (25 watts is plenty) not too close to the terrarium will work well too. Also the use of x-mass lights has been reported successful.

:rofl2:  I ain't editing that piece of crap.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: hamloaf]
    #16681451 - 08/11/12 10:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure if it's here or not but the "oven door" tek should not be used by anyone.
All threads advising the use of this tek should banished to the moon.

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #16681963 - 08/11/12 12:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Both good points.  (I have heard both of these come up in the last week or two)

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Javadog]
    #16708108 - 08/16/12 06:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This page has some bad info:
http://www.shroomery.org/9145/Liquid-Culture-Basics

Quote:

In addition to the significant speed boost over MS (multi spore) inoculation, mycelium is not harmed by hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), so this can be added to your substrate to help reduce contamination.

Quote:

It is possible to sterilize honey/Karo in the microwave.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinecuriousblue
Stranger
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Dudester67]
    #16832145 - 09/11/12 10:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Big thumbs up. As I was reading this i had the same concerns--yes from what I can tell there is lots of stuff that is outdated and useless and down right misleading, but helpful stuff can be found--matter of separating the wheat from the chaff. As a for instance, today, after having problems with the video tek recipe for beginners--using the 2:1 verm/H2O ratio left an ounce plus puddle of water on the bottom of the bowl--I went back to the original PF TEK article, discovered the verm I was using (from a hydroponics store)was too coarse so chopped it down a bit in a processor and it soaked up all the water as suggested. I went ahead and added flour to both batches and will see if it makes a difference, but becoming too rigid, especially when materials or conditions may be dissimilar, is lso a disservice when it comes to diagnosing problems and stifles innovation. Many ways to skin a cat and a diversity of opinion always leads to the evolution of ideas.
Nevertheless hurray to those spearheading the effort, just be careful not to cache "obselete info" too deep.

Offlinekeeno
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: curiousblue]
    #16833205 - 09/12/12 05:03 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think the point of this thread is absolutely about separating the wheat from the chaff

I think I'm fairly web savvy, but it took me ages to find the correct info on this site, even with extensive search engine bashing, because there's fucking LOAAAAAAAADS! of it out there.
In fact, I didn't even realise that the best info was on the forum for a few months. :facepalm:

so I'm quite happy to accept that I did this site wrong, and it's my fault, but surely we want this site to be easier for new people? It can't be a case of "here's the shroomery - lurk and read thousands of pages for 6 months at least before you work out what's what, and then start your hobby"

none of us want to stifle innovation (despite the complete slagging off people get when they suggest new ideas)
but I believe that if you have a solid foundation of knowledge before you try experimenting, you save yourself 6 months of fucking up and failing and possibly never trying again

if I'd come onto this site and found RR's videos, EvilMushrooms PF tek and perhaps theDeathRyder's guide, I would have saved myself months of failure and dicking about

So I'm with RR, if there's bad info, kill it! fork it in the arse! kick it down a well! feed it to hungry badgers!
:awedance:
/rant :laugh:

--------------------
Check out my Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa (Allenii) TEK

Top fungi-knowlodgy with THE TRIBE!
THE TRIBE

InvisibleUnd3rtow623
Photophilic
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: keeno]
    #16846908 - 09/14/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

As a noob, this is much appreciated

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Und3rtow623]
    #16892490 - 09/22/12 02:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Why are these being trashed??? They should be put in a What NOT to do folder.

Why was the bulk thing trashed? that wasnt even a tek. It was an experiment.

--------------------

Offlinecuriousblue
Stranger
Re: Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page [Re: Und3rtow623]
    #16899877 - 09/23/12 10:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed. lets just assume the scientific method is pretty cool shit--we should follow it and reference earlier articles, explain why the new material is better and let the reader decide. God knows how many great ideas got flushed cuz they weren't current. BTW both batches are thriving and so dogmantism about 70 vs 78% moisture content may also not matter much in the long run. I never measured ir--with the coarse vem, standing water aplanty before adding rice flour/ The other batch fter chopping verm to size, no diff. One looks like a bacterial biolayer but thinking tht goy less or more water, and is esding off moisture shoots. Getting off topic here for sure, but still think best peractice so far as we know, and usul consequences of missing too bad--along with older references that are linked in current SOTA articles best.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract