Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Balloons, Cracker, Kava Kava, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesalvia explorer
Stranger
Salvia = Pleasurable/Awesome
    #16041454 - 04/04/12 03:12 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I am writing this to describe my general experience with Salvia divinorum (not specific trips), but I will preface it with some relevant background information.

I have had little experience with mind-altering substances. I have smoked marijuana as a teenager, had Nitrous at the dentist, and felt some very strong, strange effects from legally prescribed Ambien a couple years ago. Basically I like to stay on the good side of the law at this point in my life...I have also tried Kava Kava root and Syrian Rue seeds(at a low dose to help boost my mood). I have never used alcohol.

I also want to say that I often have vivid, realistic, lucid dreams at night. A lucid dream is one where the dreamer knows that they are dreaming, and can often decide what to do in the dream. I have had these types of dreams since I was a small child. Some of my earliest memories are from dreams. I personally believe that the ability to lucid dream has helped me have positive Salvia experiences. To me, Salvia really feels like an incredible dream while awake.

I have smoked Salvia now close to a dozen times. The majority of those have been alone in a safe, peaceful environment. I worked up from un-enhanced leaves (very slight effect) to 5x (more noticeable effect with a lot of laughing) to 15x and 20x extracts (enter a dream-world).

I have heard many people say that Salvia is frightening and not at all pleasurable. I believe that the main reason for this is a lack of preparation, bad influences around them, and a general disrespect towards the substance. People need to prepare for Salvia experiences. Salvia should be treated with reverence. I also think it is useful to work up from mild extracts to gradually stronger ones. This helps one to become familiar with how the mind reacts under the influence of Salvinorin.

I will not go into detail here about the content of my journeys on Salvia. I have found that 20x is perfect for me. Although I can reach effects with weaker extracts, I have to smoke more, which I don't like.

My first strong extract experience (20x) became something like a nightmare and I began to get uneasy. However, the second I accepted the content and decided to just let it come, it became positive.

I generally smoke Salvia by placing a pinch in the bowl, and then smoking it in several small, successive hits, holding the smoke for about 10 seconds each.

The first effect I notice is a prickly, anesthesia-like feeling that gradually takes over my body. I then feel heavy. Usually I end up laying down with my mouth agape as the world becomes dream-like. I have been able to experience everything from colors and fractals, to feelings of being transported to other realms, to interacting with strange entities.

The most frustrating part of Salvia is that the experience from one dose is short lived. I generally smoke more to re-enter the dreamworld when I feel the effects wearing off and I can move my hands and fingers with some degree of coordination.

Edited by salvia explorer (04/04/12 03:18 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: Salvia = Pleasurable/Awesome [Re: salvia explorer]
    #16041482 - 04/04/12 03:38 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

>I believe that the main reason for this is a lack of preparation, bad influences around them, and a general disrespect towards the substance

Yes set and setting are very important with every psychedelic. I'd even go as far as to say that they are more important than the drug you take.

I'm glad you enjoy salvia. Because most people have negative experiences, it's usually not recommended to beginners over gentler psychedelics like mushrooms. That doesn't mean saliva doesn't have some fantastic psychedelic potential though.

I'm glad you discovered set and setting on your own. Thing is key to having good experiences and once you master it, you can REALLY start exploring psychedelics. 

I recommend you try some of the psychedelic tryptamines if you have not already. They are very different than saliva, but each one is unique and offers a different exploration. You sound like you'd enjoy DMT specifically. It offers very intense psychedelic experiences. You can either freebase it and have a short trip, like on saliva. Or you can make ayahuasca (a mixture of DMT and an MAOI) and prolong a 5 minute experience to a few hours and really give you time to explore that mental space.

:deemsters: :psychsplit:

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

OfflineZulu The Most High
Soul Adventurer
 User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Re: Salvia = Pleasurable/Awesome [Re: Dawks]
    #16041495 - 04/04/12 03:47 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried prolonging the duration of the trip by mixing the salvia with the syrian rue?

--------------------

"I fly off the deep end and drown in the sweets man."

Offlinesalvia explorer
Stranger
    #16044830 - 04/04/12 09:23 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

It's funny that you should mention the tryptamines. I believe that I would enjoy DMT, especially in an ayahuasca analog-type combination. However, I am hesistant for various reasons at this time.

There is a cattle and horse pasture about 1 minute from my house. Seriously, I just have to walk down the sidewalk to get there. Last year I stumbled on some mushrooms when I was out on a walk. I didn't collect them, but I went home and looked them up and I am sure they were Panaeolus cinctulus. I have even seen them growing in my parents yard (they have goats). This year, there is ample manure piles so they are sure to grow again...

Offlinesalvia explorer
Stranger
Re: Salvia = Pleasurable/Awesome [Re: Zulu The Most High]
    #16044879 - 04/04/12 09:34 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Syrian rue and other MAOI's have no effect on extending Salvinorin-A binding to the kappa-opioid receptors, because Salvinorin is not metabolized by mono amine oxidase. Salvinorin-A is unique among all other known hallucinogens because it does not contain an amine functional group.

While syrian rue is effective with the tryptamines like psilocybin or DMT, it is not with the diterpenoid Salvinorin-A.

Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Loc: Genezleganooby
    #16045090 - 04/04/12 10:17 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I've only smoked Salvia a few times, and it was 30x. One of them was fairly pleasurable and all of them hit like a truck. But if you can even tolerate 20x Salvia extract, I highly recommend visiting that cow pasture. Even among those who enjoy Salvia, most would agree that mushrooms provide a far more pleasurable, awe inspiring, and rewarding journey. It's like all the good things about Salvia and more, without the soul shattering chaos (in reasonable doses).

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#16045246 - 04/04/12 10:46 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

salvia explorer said:
Syrian rue and other MAOI's have no effect on extending Salvinorin-A binding to the kappa-opioid receptors, because Salvinorin is not metabolized by mono amine oxidase. Salvinorin-A is unique among all other known hallucinogens because it does not contain an amine functional group.

While syrian rue is effective with the tryptamines like psilocybin or DMT, it is not with the diterpenoid Salvinorin-A.

This is true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that an MAOI wouldn't change the effect of saliva.

As you are probably aware, drugs cause activation or inhibition of areas in the brain. Most receptor sites mediate the release of a variety of different neurotransmitters.  mu-opioid receptor agonists for instance decrease the amount of GABA released into the brain. GABA is responsible for mediating the release of dopamine, thus the amount of dopamine significantly increases, causing the euphoric effect of mu-opioid agonists. Dopamine is a monoamine.

Little is known about the kappa-opioid receptor agonists, but considering their powerful psychoactive effect, you can bet there is some significant inhibitory/stimulatory actions at work. Thus, an enzyme inhibitor such as MAOI may indeed impact, alter, enhance or in some way diminish the effect of saliva.

I'm not saying it will, but don't close yourself to that possibility just because saliva is an atypical-psychedelic. You'll never know if you don't go :crazy2:

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #16045579 - 04/05/12 12:12 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The first effect I notice is a prickly, anesthesia-like feeling that gradually takes over my body. I then feel heavy. Usually I end up laying down with my mouth agape as the world becomes dream-like. I have been able to experience everything from colors and fractals, to feelings of being transported to other realms, to interacting with strange entities.

The most frustrating part of Salvia is that the experience from one dose is short lived.

I am not convinced.

your innocence is inspiring. I might just have to give it a shot, but I think they sent you here to trick me.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere in particular. Flag
Re: Salvia = Pleasurable/Awesome [Re: the bizzle]
    #16046031 - 04/05/12 02:18 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

My first trip was on Salvia...:facepalm3: I really didn't know any better.

I had a full on loss of reality and it scared the shit out of me.

I've done it a few times since...It's never fun, but it only lasts a few minutes, so I'm never more scared than I am curious.

--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Balloons, Cracker, Kava Kava, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience