Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNoxADVANCED
Research & Information Collector
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Straya Cunt Flag
Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #16175293 - 05/03/12 03:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psycho4ctive said:
Quote:

Voicetemp said:
just wondering with all these people out there hunting, has anyone noticed if cops patrol the hunting grounds? Do cops even know about people doing this?

You are not shaking and baking meth are you? You are collecting fresh, wild mushrooms... so anyone can go and mind their own business, police included.

Cop: What you picking there?
You: Wild mushrooms. I enjoy botany. May I please get back to my hobby officer? Thank you, have a nice day.

If you admit to picking psilocybin/magic mushrooms then you are a dickhead...:facepalm:

Dunno bout Vic, but i know ins NSW they can ask to check your person and bags.

--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom

I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinet0mm0
burnout
Male

#16175303 - 05/03/12 04:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psycho4ctive said:
Quote:

Voicetemp said:
just wondering with all these people out there hunting, has anyone noticed if cops patrol the hunting grounds? Do cops even know about people doing this?

You are not shaking and baking meth are you? You are collecting fresh, wild mushrooms... so anyone can go and mind their own business, police included.

You: Wild mushrooms. I enjoy botany. May I please get back to my hobby officer? Thank you, have a nice day.

If you admit to picking psilocybin/magic mushrooms then you are a dickhead...:facepalm:

In all seriousness, back in my home state of WA the cops DO hang out at the well known patches and bust people as they come out with bags full of shrooms.  There is one town in the southwest that is well known for its bountiful patches, and the cops there genuinely don't have anything better to do.  Busts in that town make the news every year at about this time, and I always used to think WTF how can it be illegal to pick mushrooms???  But these people did get busted and did end up in court with a conviction.  It's bullshit.

But in Melbourne?  Nah man.  I'm sure the cops know we're doing it, but they're a bit busier here than in WA.  Not sure exactly what they're doing, but they're not bothering us so I don't care. 

Anyway if you really think your patch is that well known, you should probably find another one that's not getting raped by every other man and his dog.  They grow so rampantly round here, there's plenty of options.

--------------------
Pedro:  I can't believe we can't find no grass nowhere, man.
Man Stoner:  Too many people are smoking it now. It really makes it tough on the rest of us.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: NoxADVANCED]
    #16175306 - 05/03/12 04:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NoxADVANCED said:
Quote:

psycho4ctive said:
Quote:

Voicetemp said:

Dunno bout Vic, but i know ins NSW they can ask to check your person and bags.

So what? You are picking WILD mushrooms in the forest.

It's in the wild. The cops will be hard pressed pinning any charges on you for collecting plants/fungi. The only real way to get into shit is if you openly admit that you are looking for illegal, magic mushrooms.

That or if you trespass... if you want to cover your ass even more, take your dog with you:

"I'm walking my dog and collecting mushrooms, lovely day for a stroll officer!"

I saw the video where in WA, some guys got busted for picking shrooms and then got a conviction.As far as I recall, they first tried to run/hide from police and then admitted to picking magic mushies... I know they got scared but this is the best way to get into deep shit with police. But what they did after, made it even worse...

Those guys were the typical stoners, most likely they:

1. Did not get a lawyer or even legal aid to represent them in court on a serious charge

2. Wore t shirts and shorts with thongs because they were bogans and could not give a slight toss about their future and had no respect for the judge

3. Probably had past problems with police regarding drugs etc

Throw enough money at a decent lawyer, and he/she will make sure you get a slap on the wrist, not a conviction.

Seriously, picking shrooms and get a conviction??? That's a joke.

Edited by PsychoReactive (05/03/12 04:21 AM)

InvisibleNoxADVANCED

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: PsychoReactive] * 1
    #16175334 - 05/03/12 04:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dude how can you get away with a bag full of bluing mushrooms, that the general consensus is blue is magic.
Why would you just be picing "wild mushies"
there are heaps of holes in your story those are 2 main ones.

a Camera, Field guide (and maybe a mycology book) and bag full of legal edible non actives. Than maybe you could say you found the caramel wavy capped mushroom that turns blue interesting and wanted to find out more from your Prof. or lecturer and do more indepth research on the fruit body etc

--------------------
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

#16175362 - 05/03/12 04:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NoxADVANCED said:
Dude how can you get away with a bag full of bluing mushrooms, that the general consensus is blue is magic.
Why would you just be picing "wild mushies"
there are heaps of holes in your story those are 2 main ones.

a Camera, Field guide (and maybe a mycology book) and bag full of legal edible non actives. Than maybe you could say you found the caramel wavy capped mushroom that turns blue interesting and wanted to find out more from your Prof. or lecturer and do more indepth research on the fruit body etc

You guys act like police know what the subs even look like. Seriously. They send all their stuff to labs for testing. WHich means shit loads of paper work for these guys and they will only go after you if you appear really seedy.

But yes you are right, if you are too worried, pick some random shrooms also and place in a different bag so you can state that you are picking mushrooms, not just one strain.

Edited by PsychoReactive (05/03/12 04:53 AM)

InvisibleNoxADVANCED

#16175386 - 05/03/12 05:03 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wish i could have seen the pre-edit :laugh:

I dont think police are that dumb, im sure there was/is a part of thier traing on drug identification/education. Things such as what substance/plant material looks like,smells like, main keys to identify drugs (common knowledge blue bruising usualy means magic abilities) etc.

Each man to his own method of madness i say :P
enough going OT i say.
Back to the pics, bring them on people.

--------------------
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

Offlinet0mm0
burnout
Male

#16175394 - 05/03/12 05:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think very safe to say that Melbourne cops could not be fucked staking out patches just to bust you, let alone doing the paperwork.  The south western WA town I mentioned in my earlier post has a population of 800, the cops there honestly have absolutely nothing else to do.  This is the town that is featured in the video mentioned above.  If they didn't have such ideal mushroom conditions, they wouldn't get any tourists to that shithole either.

Don't ruin the fun of the hunt by stressing about the cops.  Always with the negative waves Moriarty...

--------------------
Pedro:  I can't believe we can't find no grass nowhere, man.
Man Stoner:  Too many people are smoking it now. It really makes it tough on the rest of us.

InvisibleNoxADVANCED

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: t0mm0]
    #16175400 - 05/03/12 05:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wasnt saying the stake them out, just if they see someone walking through trees picing mushrooms, they may come and have a look themselves.
Quote:

t0mm0 said:
Always with the negative waves Moriarty...

Back to positive i say.

--------------------
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

Offlinegibbo
Stranger
Loc: Melbourne, Australia Flag
    #16175424 - 05/03/12 05:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Piiiinnnnnssssss. Only one cluster so there's a fair way to go but it's a start, I'm stoked!

OfflineHighroad001
Neptune

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: ZenXi6]
    #16175528 - 05/03/12 06:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Man I really want to see this video of the Force and these guys getting busted now. :P The onyl one I can find has been taken down due to copyright.

speaking of this subject, has anyone noticed local councils destroying patches? I don't just mean with weed killer or something, actually uprooting and turning over the soil/bark.

I've seen this a few times... nearly witnessed it happen. I was out one day walking to the bus stop (one of my patches is on the way) and I saw a council worker with a ute and a bunch of equipment in the back. I didn't stop to watch as I had a bus to catch.

Anyway, next time I go to the patch, there is an assload of dirt on top of it. A mound of it. You know how it forms a cone at the top. There was that much.

Thought it was a bit overkill... but I guess he ought to have fun while doing his job.

Edited by Highroad001 (05/03/12 06:50 AM)

Invisiblecounter s
Boonga
Loc: Flag
Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: Highroad001]
    #16175578 - 05/03/12 07:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Flick of some subs about to go into the food dehydrator :laugh:

InvisibleChilled1988
Filthy Cunt

#16175580 - 05/03/12 07:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Checked out a patch of mine today and there was seriously like 300 pins there. The season has barely even started yet and by next week I will probably have more then enough shrooms to keep me and my friends happy for the next 12 months. This season is just ridiculous...

OfflineFasta
Mr
 User Gallery

Loc: Keilor, Victoria Flag
    #16175584 - 05/03/12 07:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

How's everyone going this early on in the season? I'm going to take a quick look at my local spot on Saturday. The rain and the little bit of sun should hopefully see some growth.
In regards to cops and picking, I've only been pulled up once very early on when picking in a very common spot about 40 mins north of melb. Had about 30-40 in a bag and some nice coppers asked if they could take a look. Confiscated the bag and sent me on my merry way. Yes, they obviously know what a 'magic mushroom' looks like. No, they're not willing to make a federal case out of you picking 50-100-200-500. They would just confiscate them knowing that we won't chuck a hissy fit cause it's basically a slap on the wrist. The issue would be if you clearly had an intent to sell. Like that guy in summer this year who got done for growing mushrooms and weed worth as estimated few mill street value. Don't think in any of our wildest dreams any of our et patches would ever produce that much.

I'll report back on Saturday arvo on my finds

OfflineFasta
Mr
 User Gallery

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: counter s]
    #16175592 - 05/03/12 07:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tstyles said:

Any chance you could let me know anything about your dehydrator? I'm looking at getting one this year and there are some cheap $50 on eBay I was wondering whether would get the job done?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem;PdsSession=12d244541370a479e5c2ef12ffffaebb?itemId=160784363905&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=14093411338

Any light on the subject is appreciated.

Invisiblecounter s
Boonga
Loc: Flag
Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: Fasta]
    #16175626 - 05/03/12 07:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fasta said:
Quote:

tstyles said:

Any chance you could let me know anything about your dehydrator? I'm looking at getting one this year and there are some cheap $50 on eBay I was wondering whether would get the job done?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem;PdsSession=12d244541370a479e5c2ef12ffffaebb?itemId=160784363905&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=14093411338

Any light on the subject is appreciated.

My dehydrator looks pretty much identical to that, however I use a sunbeam. It comes with 5 trays, and can fit roughly 500g of fresh mushrooms if you were to fill the entire dehydrator. My Sunbeam was $50 online, I've seen them going for $110 in Myer etc. In 6 hours running on the highest setting they are pretty much cracker dry, the smaller ones ~6, larger caps about 8 just to be sure. Some people say potency is lost due to  heat being generated by the heating coil in the machine. However, i did some digging and psilocybin breaks down at ~170F (info here), which the majority of dehydrators do not reach - well my one definitely doesn't. If you can afford one, I highly suggest you get it, definitely worth the buy. If your really particular, I remember seeing a post or maybe a video on youtube of how to remove the heating coil from your dehydrator. Oh, and lastly, don't plan to leave your dehydrator running during the night because they are really loud! This goes for trying to hide it from the parents etc as well. However, you don't need to muck around with fans for three days or ovens or any of that nonsense. Hope this helps :thumbup:

OfflineFasta
Mr
 User Gallery

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: counter s]
    #16175655 - 05/03/12 07:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Helps a lot! I'll prob be investing in one this weekend. After last years numbers and having to dry on paper. I sure as hell don't wanna go through that again...

Offlineuser1837483975
Male

#16175674 - 05/03/12 07:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NoxADVANCED said:
But seriously yes they do/can.

Actually seen a bloke in victoria picking subs in pine forest get caught by police on the TV show "The Force".

Thats why a camera, field guide and a bag of edibles is a good Guise.

Pretty sure that was perth wasn't it? Anyway I'm worried of the same thing. I'm used to hunting in the wilderness, picking shrooms with people and cops around is giving me the sketchys

Offlineardere
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: user1837483975]
    #16175774 - 05/03/12 08:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Victorian cops don't give a shit about what you're doing unless you're causing trouble, I've drunk in front of cops, smoked weed infront of cops and they didn't care. So why would they go through all of the effort of watching a place for people picking mushrooms when they have people like me they could so easily book...

Offlineuser1837483975
Male

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: ardere]
    #16175809 - 05/03/12 09:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's not that I think they're gonna be hiding in the bushes waiting for me or anything, it's more that there's the potential for getting busted that you don't have when you're out in the bush

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Re: **The Official VIC Australia Season 2012** [Re: user1837483975] * 1
    #16175840 - 05/03/12 09:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dont hunt in private areas or trespass. Don't walk around with a torch in the middle of the night in dodgy areas... go out into the bush during the day and have fun. :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder