Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
What Would You Do in This Case? (pertains to colonizing rye berries & wet spot bacteria)
    #16009639 - 03/28/12 06:18 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Wondering what you would do in this case.

Yesterday, a colonizing grain jar was at 99%, just a few kernels weren't colonized.

Of the few kernels that weren't colonized, I could see the beginning formations of wet spot bacteria forming (kind of an elmers glue substance forming at the edge of the kernel and the kernel looked "wet").

Now, today, the jar is fully colonized, including the kernels that had the wet spot forming on them, and I can't see the "wet spot bacteria" anymore.

Does mycelium actually destroy/eat/overtake bacteria making that jar okay to do a G2G or substrate inoculation with, or will that bacteria simply be there waiting in the wings to come back out and ruin any substrate/G2G I put it in?

--------------------

========================================================================================
Mushroom / Bulk Substrate Calculator <- Tells you exactly how much of what ingredients you need for any substrate for any container!
Here is the corresponding shroomery thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15656577

Isolate / Monoculture Performance Comparison Calculator <- Find out what isolate of yours is the REAL winner!
Here is the corresponding shroomery thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16036533
========================================================================================

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineReprisalOfShrooms
Lucid Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: What Would You Do in This Case? (pertains to colonizing rye berries & wet spot bacteria) [Re: sgfcchamber]
    #16009708 - 03/28/12 06:38 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

only way to tell is test it out on like another jar and see what happens so that you dont waste more jars just going all out. best i got for yah.

--------------------

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: What Would You Do in This Case? (pertains to colonizing rye berries & wet spot bacteria) [Re: ReprisalOfShrooms]
    #16012396 - 03/29/12 09:12 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks reprisal.

Went ahead and did a G2G anyway, haha.  Let you know what happens (fingers crossed).

--------------------

Mushroom / Bulk Substrate Calculator <- Tells you exactly how much of what ingredients you need for any substrate for any container!
Here is the corresponding shroomery thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15656577

Isolate / Monoculture Performance Comparison Calculator <- Find out what isolate of yours is the REAL winner!
Here is the corresponding shroomery thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16036533

OfflineReprisalOfShrooms
Lucid Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: What Would You Do in This Case? (pertains to colonizing rye berries & wet spot bacteria) [Re: sgfcchamber]
    #16013090 - 03/29/12 12:42 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

i had one incident with wet spot before and now it seems i've corrected it by keeping cooler temps when my jars/bags are colonizing. hope things work out.

--------------------

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: What Would You Do in This Case? (pertains to colonizing rye berries & wet spot bacteria) [Re: ReprisalOfShrooms]
    #16038416 - 04/03/12 03:45 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Went ahead and did some G2G's, and everything went swimmingly.  Not sure if it was just paranoia, the mycelium "ate" the bacteria or it's still in there waiting to piss me off later, but as of now, everything is fine.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #16039251 - 04/03/12 06:38 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

You probably just saw some spilled starch from a busted kernel.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation