Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns
    #16000671 - 03/26/12 07:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

A 58-year-old Texas judge fought his own state’s misguided law and the law won. Guadalupe County Judge Mike Wiggins was attending a law convention in College Station. After what was surely a boring day of lectures on law, Wiggins went up to his room on the fifth floor, kicked back, and lit up.

Unfortunately, the judge has apparently never heard of the modern-aged spoof: the Smoke Buddy. After he hot-boxed his room, a bellman alerted the hotel’s security to that oh so wretched stench of cannabis and police found a grinder, rolling papers, and a sack of weed on Wiggins. But the situation soon went from bad to worse for Wiggins after he was let out of jail on $3,000 bond.

For weeks people in Guadalupe County have been asking for Wiggins to step down from office. Jeremiah Arevalo and his group have been protesting in downtown Seguin for the past several weekends.

“We decided to name the rally ‘Wiggins Out,’” said Arevalo.

Arevalo told News 4 WOAI he attended Tuesday’s meeting where Wiggins announced he would step down.

“Were happy that David defeated Goliath. The people rose in small numbers and we got the victory,” Arevalo went on to say. [WOAI.com]

Mr. Arevalo and his “Wiggins Out” crew view a judge with small amounts of bud as “Goliath” when their state’s border gets infiltrated with truck loads of cannabis from Mexico on a daily basis. Sorry, but this seems more like a case of David defeating David than David defeating Goliath.

They say everything is bigger in Texas. Based on this story, the views on pot are an even bigger joke in Texas than in other non-medical marijuana states. A plant should never be worth “wigging out” for.

Do you think a judge on weed would be any less unjust than a judge with a “clean conscience”?

http://www.marijuana.com/news/2012/03/texas-judge-busted-with-marijuana-in-hotel-room-resigns

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: skatealex2]
    #16000958 - 03/26/12 08:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow why is this anyone's business but his own?

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx Flag
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: withoutawire]
    #16001039 - 03/26/12 09:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It depends. If he is hypocritically doling out harsh punishments in Guad. county for simple possession, then we should know about it.

--------------------

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #16001275 - 03/26/12 10:21 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I can kind of understand the whole "David-David" argument.  Getting rid of a judge who might be more friendly to marijuana defendants may not be the best idea, and maybe accusations of him being a hypocrite could be void since he's forced to sentence marijuana users as part of his job.

Still, it's also unjust for someone who punishes people for something, whether obligated to or not, to participate in that action themselves.

I'm kind of on the middle of the fence on this one.  I can see from both sides.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Offlineyoimjohn
Male

Loc: terra nova
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16001427 - 03/26/12 10:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

if i could be a judge and smoke, i would do both. anyone would from here too. because weed should be fuckin legal. the 1 thing thats fun to do without causing harm the government takes away. weed will be legal in my lifetime, i will go down fighting.

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: yoimjohn]
    #16001497 - 03/26/12 11:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

yoimjohn said:
if i could be a judge and smoke, i would do both. anyone would from here too. because weed should be fuckin legal. the 1 thing thats fun to do without causing harm the government takes away. weed will be legal in my lifetime, i will go down fighting.

Yeah but if I were a pot-smoking judge (and I would certainly never be a NON-pot-smoking judge) I don't know how my conscience would cope with the fact that I was dealing out sentences to people for doing the same thing I was doing.

--------------------

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: yoimjohn]
    #16001502 - 03/26/12 11:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I would smoke too if I had the counsciousness of locking up people.

Judge/police officer. Not a job for me :shrug:

Also it's his own damn business to light up, he was doing it in the safety of his own hotel room and wasn't harming anyone.

--------------------

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: trip forever]
    #16001656 - 03/26/12 11:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yes I agree, I'm saying he should pick one of the two and stick with it.  Either smoke pot or be a judge that convicts pot smokers.  Else you're a hypocrite.

--------------------

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16001716 - 03/27/12 12:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

geeze you think a judge would have more brains than to smoke openly indoors in a hotel. dummy deserves to lose his job, that's just terrible judgement. I mean get a dryer sheet FFS!

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #16001722 - 03/27/12 12:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
geeze you think a judge would have more brains than to smoke openly indoors in a hotel. dummy deserves to lose his job, that's just terrible judgement. I mean get a dryer sheet FFS!

Yea or just don't smoke in a hotel room lol although Ill bet thats probably chill as fuck

--------------------

Offlinecv2497
Time Traveler
Male

#16002054 - 03/27/12 02:38 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Damn, I feel bad for that judge. To be honest w/ everyone, judges/lawyers smoke more than most know. The law schools are usually a fairly wild/fun bunch. Most of what is taught is so abstract that most of the top of the class smokes. Not all the time, most cut back while in school, but no one completely quits. They are all opposed to these BS laws. Those at the top of the class are who the future judges are. I mean, a decent amount of professors smoke. Things will change soon though. Mostly b/c of the internet. I've got some ideas though, and I can't wait to see the effects.

And to whoever said the judge was stupid to smoke in a hotel, since when do hotels give a shit. I've never known anyone to get in trouble, but most hotels I go to don't have bell boys. Guess the lesson is don't stay at the nicest hotel? Or to pack the Volcano :wink:

OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx Flag
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: cv2497]
    #16002096 - 03/27/12 03:06 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You have to also remember he was in College Station, Tx.  When you think of conservative uber-christian Texas...CS is it. Trust me, I did three years there.

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #16002393 - 03/27/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The reason this is a problem is one word:

CORRUPTION.

Now I can't say whether or not this judge is as lenient as he can possibly be under law in all non-violent offense cases.  In which case he could be commended for being a good guy and this would be a horrible travesty.

If however he's sentenced one person to jail for one non-violent crime that he could have made a more lenient sentence, he's a crook and one of the worst sorts.

--------------------

Offline46 and 2
Zen Masta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: skatealex2]
    #16002474 - 03/27/12 07:41 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It just goes to show that the so called "system" we have is just as corrupt, full of holes, and hypocrisy as there is on the other side. You have cops, politicians, and DEA agents offering their two cents on drug enforcement which only makes things worse due to all the bureaucracy and tax dollars that get spent while you also have cops, politicians, and possibly DEA agents who are lighting up while promoting those laws?

The system is ran by men; corrupt men with weak minds that only serve their interests. Never the interests of the people.In a free society, people could protect themselves from the spooky cartels all they want.

--------------------
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom or technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams. - Tsunetomo Yamamoto

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: 46 and 2]
    #16002586 - 03/27/12 08:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Why did the people come out and make him resign? They should have had a rally to change the law to allow cannibus...:shrug:

--------------------

Invisibledigitalemu
Digital Emu

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: unknown1123]
    #16002606 - 03/27/12 08:46 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

unknown1123 said:
Why did the people come out and make him resign? They should have had a rally to change the law to allow cannibus...:shrug:

Basically because pot makes white women seek intimate relationships with african americans, or so we were told.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #16002621 - 03/27/12 08:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

unknown1123 said:

Why ask dumb questions?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 1
    #16002738 - 03/27/12 09:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

unknown1123 said:

Why ask dumb questions?

:facepalm3:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #16002757 - 03/27/12 09:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

So you follow a dumb question with a dumb graemlin?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: Texas Judge Busted with Marijuana in Hotel Room Resigns [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #16002783 - 03/27/12 09:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
So you follow a dumb question with a dumb graemlin?

:bigyesnod:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds