Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
Impulsively tried my extract
    #15997008 - 03/26/12 12:20 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Just finished doing an alcohol extraction of Psilicybin. Lots of beautiful white crystals floating down. Looks like a snow globe with like a 1/2 in accumulating at the bottom. Extracted 30g dried cubes and got excited and impulsively decide to measure out what I hope to b around a 3 g dose. Just realized it is 11:15 here, guess I won't be getting sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: Owsley]
    #15997065 - 03/26/12 12:35 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

:thumbup:

Any pictures of those crystals?

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

InvisibleLSDylan
bass music enjoyer
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: Dawks]
    #15997068 - 03/26/12 12:37 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Dawks said:
:thumbup:

Any pictures of those crystals?

Yeah that sounds beautiful. It may inspire me to do an extraction...

--------------------
DanceSafe | Voluntaryism

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: LSDylan]
    #15997117 - 03/26/12 12:56 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

the crystals from an ethanol extraction seem to be mostly salts.

psilocybin is not a very stable crystal.

its oxidizes INCREDIBLY fast

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: k00laid]
    #15997418 - 03/26/12 03:41 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Wow

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#15997420 - 03/26/12 03:45 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Slowly coming back. That seemed more like 4 or 5 gm. Way fast onset, much more like DMT. Alien presence was intense. I can't upload pics cause I only have an iPad and it doesn't allow uploads.

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#15997424 - 03/26/12 03:48 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Koolaid I understand that if I leave them in an ethanol solution they are stable, lasting many years....am I wrong?

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#15997434 - 03/26/12 03:58 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Remind me not to take mushroom extract at 1115 on a Sunday night again, but wow! Other than the aliens trying to take me a wonderful experience :smile:

OfflinePersephonesquest

Loc: PNW
    #15997443 - 03/26/12 04:22 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Go to sleep if you can

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
    #15997473 - 03/26/12 04:46 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Owsley said:
Slowly coming back. That seemed more like 4 or 5 gm. Way fast onset, much more like DMT. Alien presence was intense. I can't upload pics cause I only have an iPad and it doesn't allow uploads.

what happened during contact?

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #15998485 - 03/26/12 12:07 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
Quote:

Owsley said:

what happened during contact?

Hard to say....there seemed to be several different presences and they were arguing about what to do with me, whether to show me more or not, whether I could handle it, and what my life path is this time around. It is hard to make sense of it now. This is my first time doing an extract from mushrooms. I was a bit blown away by how fast the onset was and the intensity. The whole thing seemed much shorter too, like maybe 4 hours. I was careful when measuring and am sure I measured out what should have been a 3 gm dose, but as I said before it felt more like 4/5. I spent the majority of it crumpled up on my couch under a blanket sweating like crazy.

OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #15998502 - 03/26/12 12:11 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

sounds intense.

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: psilocybeMAN]
    #15998641 - 03/26/12 12:41 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

psilocybeMAN said:
sounds intense.

Yeah, it was really intense! I don't understand how I used to take these things in public?

Invisibleswimmingfast

#15998702 - 03/26/12 12:55 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Yeah, it was really intense! I don't understand how I used to take these things in public?

Sure is a circus. The more you take increases the more you don't know wtf is going on. It's still fun for me though as long as I'm going to a live music show to groove out.

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: swimmingfast]
    #16001026 - 03/26/12 09:15 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

swimmingfast said:
Quote:

Sure is a circus. The more you take increases the more you don't know wtf is going on. It's still fun for me though as long as I'm going to a live music show to groove out.

Yeah, I have enjoyed taking it at shows. I feel like as time has gone on, and I have been doing this for 20 years now, I have become more sensitive and a smaller amount can propel me into alien territory. I only trip a couple times a year now, usually solo, and usually with intent to obliterate reality. last night was a fluke where I thought it would be be pretty manageable, but I guess it had other ideas.

InvisibleLucyLysergic
CoZzA FrEnZy

Loc: The Lion's Den
Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: swimmingfast]
    #16001705 - 03/27/12 12:07 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

swimmingfast said:
Quote:

I used to take them at raves a good bit, not as fun.  Jam bands FTW imo!!!

--------------------
All darkness disappears from those who carry the radiance of the sun In their hearts
  http://www.freeleonardpickard.org/ 

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: LucyLysergic]
    #16011214 - 03/28/12 10:12 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Ah fuck, I woke up last night in the middle of the night and knew what happened....why I felt like I had tripped off 4/5 gms and not 3. I am not always the best at remembering these things. So, I did two separate extracts of 15 gms each and then combined them, but before combining I removed what I thought would be 3 gms from the second extraction. What I forgot to account for is that I had siphoned off some of the liquid from the first extraction to start the second extraction, not wanting to create a bunch more volume. So when I measure out the 3 gms  I was only looking at the new 15 gms of material I was starting with and not that the liquid I was using already contained Psilicybin. Fuck, I'm an idiot, sometimes! Regardless it was a wonderful experience and maybe one that I needed to take. I am mostly just writing this because I had to tell someone what happened.

InvisibleJohnnyConverse
Stranger

#16011958 - 03/29/12 02:26 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

How is the extract vs taking the cubes? In your opinion.

--------------------
I wasn't an activist until I got put in jail. I sat there in jail seeing what was really going on in America and something changed. Now when people say, "Tommy what was jail like?" I say "You'll see" -- Tommy Chong

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Impulsively tried my extract [Re: JohnnyConverse]
    #16013413 - 03/29/12 11:58 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, that's a great question and I would love to hear from others. That was my first experience using an extract, but this is what I noticed: I had no stomach distress! I often get upset stomach when eating cubes and this was completely devoid of any stomach problems. The onset was much quicker. Instead of a slow build up, I felt like I was on a freight train, just totally blew me away how quick it came on. This could be partly due to the fact that I thought I had taken less than I actually took and so was surprised about the strength. Also I mixed the extract with lime juice when I took it and so this too could have sped up absorption / onset. The entire experience also seemed much shorter than eating cubes lasting about 4 hours when cubes usually last around 6 for me, but again this could have been affected by mixing it with lime, though I expect that it is just generally shorter as the absorption has got to be quicker, like or no lime. Subjectively the experience felt much more like experiences I have had on DMT / Ayahuasca. I think partly due to the speed of lift off. I would love to hear how others experience extract vs. eating.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #16013937 - 03/29/12 02:05 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Hard to say....there seemed to be several different presences and they were arguing about what to do with me, whether to show me more or not, whether I could handle it, and what my life path is this time around.

Is this the first time you've contacted them? 

Anyway, sounds like my typical experience with tea (re the comeup and of course no nausea:thumbup:). 

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom