Home | Community | Message Board


Weed Seed Shop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Sean Peyton suspended for a year
    #15976032 - 03/21/12 01:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Super harsh punishment.  Not having your head coach for a whole year.



I guess the NFL front office thought very strongly about the Saint's bounty scandal.



They definitely won't be in any kind of title contention next year.  The player suspensions haven't even been announced yet...


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Edited by LiquidSmoke (03/21/12 06:24 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #15976048 - 03/21/12 01:30 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the full list of penalties.


- The Saints are fined $500,000. In addition, because the violation involves a competitive rule, the Saints will forfeit their selections in the second round of the 2012 and 2013 NFL drafts.Saints coach Sean Payton is suspended without pay for the 2012 NFL season, effective April 1.

- Saints general manager Mickey Loomis is suspended without pay for the first eight regular-season games of the 2012 season.

- Former Saints (and current St. Louis Rams) defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is suspended indefinitely from the NFL, effective immediately. Commissioner Goodell will review Williams’ status at the conclusion of the 2012 season and consider whether to reinstate him, and, if so, on what terms. Commissioner Goodell said he will give close attention to the extent to which Williams cooperates with the NFL in any further proceedings.

- Saints assistant coach Joe Vitt is suspended without pay for the first six regular-season games of the 2012 season.

- The Saints and the individuals disciplined today are expected to participate in efforts led by the league office to develop programs that will instruct players and coaches at all levels of the game on the need for respect for the game and those who participate in it, on principles of fair play, safety and sportsmanship, and to ensure that bounties will not be part of football at any level.

- The league also said the involvement of players in the bounty program remain under investigation and Goodell will address possible discipline at a later date.




Very crippling to the franchise.  We'll see if there any players also suspended.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Registered: 01/15/05
Posts: 15,115
Last seen: 19 days, 4 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #15976135 - 03/21/12 01:52 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

this is the biggest pile of shit ever. way, way way over the top.

we look at people like Suh and Hainsworth that commited enraged acts of violence against other players while the game was not being played and we slap them on the wrist? we only fine the coach when the patriots are proven to be cheating?

then we have the hardest thing to prove: intent. there isnt any way that you can even definitively say that this bounty caused this injury. it is ridiculous.

the only reason Goodell is coming down so hard on the saints, is because they want to look good when the hammer comes down in the players lawsuit against the NFL regarding injuries.

I hope the saints boycott their own games. or go on the field and make obscene gestures the entire game and let the other team score 100+ points.

I was expecting only 1 maybe 2 of those things listed, and not some of the more ridiculous things. but this.... really? this is serious shit.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15976197 - 03/21/12 02:13 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

The Saints are royally screwed next year.


They haven't even announced which players will be suspended either.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Edited by LiquidSmoke (03/21/12 02:31 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis] * 1
    #15976216 - 03/21/12 02:19 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:

I hope the saints boycott their own games. or go on the field and make obscene gestures the entire game and let the other team score 100+ points.








Yeah that's real smart.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinexaeviax
Wayward Son of Man
Male


Registered: 03/18/06
Posts: 924
Loc: Flag
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15976282 - 03/21/12 02:32 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
this is the biggest pile of shit ever. way, way way over the top.

we look at people like Suh and Hainsworth that commited enraged acts of violence against other players while the game was not being played and we slap them on the wrist? we only fine the coach when the patriots are proven to be cheating?

then we have the hardest thing to prove: intent. there isnt any way that you can even definitively say that this bounty caused this injury. it is ridiculous.

the only reason Goodell is coming down so hard on the saints, is because they want to look good when the hammer comes down in the players lawsuit against the NFL regarding injuries.

I hope the saints boycott their own games. or go on the field and make obscene gestures the entire game and let the other team score 100+ points.

I was expecting only 1 maybe 2 of those things listed, and not some of the more ridiculous things. but this.... really? this is serious shit.




You are wrong dude. There is no place for that shit in football. Nearly an entire organization was in on this, its disgusting. They were intentionally trying to hurt and take people out. Its a direct reflection of New Orleans and the types of people that come from that area.


--------------------
I am a faker. Pretending along.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: xaeviax]
    #15976352 - 03/21/12 02:47 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

It makes their title run disgraceful.




"I SURE HOPE I GET THAT $10,000!!!!"


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Registered: 08/08/04
Posts: 17,185
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: xaeviax]
    #15976359 - 03/21/12 02:49 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xaeviax said:
Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
this is the biggest pile of shit ever. way, way way over the top.

we look at people like Suh and Hainsworth that commited enraged acts of violence against other players while the game was not being played and we slap them on the wrist? we only fine the coach when the patriots are proven to be cheating?

then we have the hardest thing to prove: intent. there isnt any way that you can even definitively say that this bounty caused this injury. it is ridiculous.

the only reason Goodell is coming down so hard on the saints, is because they want to look good when the hammer comes down in the players lawsuit against the NFL regarding injuries.

I hope the saints boycott their own games. or go on the field and make obscene gestures the entire game and let the other team score 100+ points.

I was expecting only 1 maybe 2 of those things listed, and not some of the more ridiculous things. but this.... really? this is serious shit.




You are wrong dude. There is no place for that shit in football. Nearly an entire organization was in on this, its disgusting. They were intentionally trying to hurt and take people out. Its a direct reflection of New Orleans and the types of people that come from that area.




This.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15976406 - 03/21/12 03:05 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Also it's stupid to say the Patriot's spy gate is worse.



What the Saints did is FAR more disgraceful than the Patriot's spygate.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Registered: 01/15/05
Posts: 15,115
Last seen: 19 days, 4 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #15976697 - 03/21/12 04:22 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

ok you dumb shits. have you ever thought that the NFL fines anywhere from 10-75k for illegal hits. the highest that the bounty pool was claimed to have been was around 50k.

it would just be plain stupid to put an illegal hit on someone even if you were going to get 50k, because you would most likely end up owing money.
the problem you guys are having with this is that you think the saints encouraged "dirty tactics" to fulfill this goal, but it is nothing like that. what they did was nothing more than make a lottery for the person whose LEGAL hit knocked someone out of the game.
for example, if williams would have said "50k to the first guy to hit someone so hard he fumbles it", would you be saying the stupid shit you are now? no, because that is fucking football.

it is a game, and the only "cheating" that the saints did, was to pay players outside of their contracts for doing their jobs the best. that is all. if you think that a player hitting another player with the intent of putting them out of the game, in a legal manner, is wrong, then you obviously dont know shit about the competitive nature of the NFL.

look at this video, and tell me why no fines or punishment came from this hit.



and now this one.


the only dirty hit was the one where he hit below the knees, and maybe 1 of those was truly a late hit, and none of them were a devastating blow. in fact, the video shows many of the players not following through once contact was made.

so i challenge any of you fucks to go find some saints hits worse than hits like this:


or this:


go educate yourself on the past 3 years of saints games and see that the hit that took Warner out was when he threw an interception and then got the shit knocked out of him ONLY WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO TACKLE the guy that intercepted the ball.
did aaron rodgers ever get hurt? how many times did the saints sack him?

your case doesnt add up. Im not debating whether or not bounties existed, but rather debating the fact that the bounties did not encourage dirty play, merely higher performance. are we going to polygraph every person involved in an NFL injury to see if they intended to hurt them?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male


Registered: 03/18/01
Posts: 10,401
Last seen: 7 hours, 35 minutes
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15976825 - 03/21/12 04:50 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Spygate is worse, they haven't been able to win 1 SB without cheating, NE is a complete farse.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Registered: 01/15/05
Posts: 15,115
Last seen: 19 days, 4 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15976920 - 03/21/12 05:06 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

ha, headlines on nfl.com ask analysts if saints should get an asterisk and all of them said hell no. atleast not everyone is a complete retard about this issue.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15976992 - 03/21/12 05:22 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Spygate is worse, they haven't been able to win 1 SB without cheating, NE is a complete farse.






No.  Look at the comparable punishments dished out.




The Saints are a disgrace to the NFL.  And yeah people will look at their title run alot differently now just as they did about the Patriots after spygate.



While the Patriots copied signals (which is bad), they didn't pay players to injure opponents, which is WAY worse.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15977022 - 03/21/12 05:28 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

You're just crying because your team is now labeled as being dirty.  We all know how much bias you have towards the Saints. 



I'm also aware of your long history of saying stupid things like how "nobody talks about the 70's Steelers anymore, they always talk about the Raiders instead".


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male


Registered: 03/18/01
Posts: 10,401
Last seen: 7 hours, 35 minutes
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #15977038 - 03/21/12 05:32 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Oh well the Season rolls on..


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15977212 - 03/21/12 06:10 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yes,


it should also be noted, that when Bill Belichick was caught, he took responsibility for it fairly quickly.



Sean Peyton spent three years lying to investigators and telling his staff to also deny knowledge of the program.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole


Registered: 02/11/04
Posts: 53,452
Last seen: 18 seconds
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15977401 - 03/21/12 06:51 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
ok you dumb shits. have you ever thought that the NFL fines anywhere from 10-75k for illegal hits. the highest that the bounty pool was claimed to have been was around 50k.

it would just be plain stupid to put an illegal hit on someone even if you were going to get 50k, because you would most likely end up owing money.
the problem you guys are having with this is that you think the saints encouraged "dirty tactics" to fulfill this goal, but it is nothing like that. what they did was nothing more than make a lottery for the person whose LEGAL hit knocked someone out of the game.
for example, if williams would have said "50k to the first guy to hit someone so hard he fumbles it", would you be saying the stupid shit you are now? no, because that is fucking football.

it is a game, and the only "cheating" that the saints did, was to pay players outside of their contracts for doing their jobs the best. that is all. if you think that a player hitting another player with the intent of putting them out of the game, in a legal manner, is wrong, then you obviously dont know shit about the competitive nature of the NFL.

look at this video, and tell me why no fines or punishment came from this hit.



and now this one.


the only dirty hit was the one where he hit below the knees, and maybe 1 of those was truly a late hit, and none of them were a devastating blow. in fact, the video shows many of the players not following through once contact was made.

so i challenge any of you fucks to go find some saints hits worse than hits like this:


or this:


go educate yourself on the past 3 years of saints games and see that the hit that took Warner out was when he threw an interception and then got the shit knocked out of him ONLY WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO TACKLE the guy that intercepted the ball.
did aaron rodgers ever get hurt? how many times did the saints sack him?

your case doesnt add up. Im not debating whether or not bounties existed, but rather debating the fact that the bounties did not encourage dirty play, merely higher performance. are we going to polygraph every person involved in an NFL injury to see if they intended to hurt them?




The Saints committed the worst offense possible in the league.  Bringing bad publicity.  You are right about almost all of that, I think (I don't feel like reading all of it).  I bet there are teams all over the league wiping their brow and going, "Whew, dodged a fucking bullet there, boys." 

Earlier in this thread I asked if anybody anywhere had put together a stat showing that the Saints had caused more injuries than other teams.  I haven't seen any of it from panty wearing sports journalists, a group that mostly spent their school years in the AV club and editing the yearbook.  Fags.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegrewya
Gone Fishin'
Male User Gallery


Registered: 10/18/08
Posts: 1,726
Loc: Arlen Gun Club
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #15977418 - 03/21/12 06:55 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
What the Saints did is FAR more disgraceful than the Patriot's spygate.




I agree. However, I really don't think the punishment fits the crime. It will be interesting to see who Tom Benson chooses as head coach.


:popcorn:


--------------------


                  <º))))><

                                            <º))))><


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole


Registered: 02/11/04
Posts: 53,452
Last seen: 18 seconds
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: grewya]
    #15977446 - 03/21/12 07:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Neither one of them amounted to fuck all.  It is mostly a product of journalists trying to justify their existence


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 25,142
Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Last seen: 1 day, 11 hours
Re: Sean Peyton suspended for a year [Re: zappaisgod]
    #15977457 - 03/21/12 07:04 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

They were also high five-ing each other and celebrating when Favre went down with a twisted ankle in the NFC title game....from a dirty high-low hit for which they were later fined.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Peyton vs Brees....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Paw_Paw 4,700 135 03/27/10 07:07 PM
by cortex
* Sean Taylor in Critical Condition After Shooting d33p 875 19 12/01/07 01:56 AM
by minesstudent
* Big Ben Suspended: nismo2491 1,047 19 04/25/10 10:07 AM
by Redstorm
* God, i love Peyton Manning even more now.
( 1 2 all )
Banez 1,344 31 02/24/07 03:37 PM
by OldSpice
* What happens to Peyton Manning?
( 1 2 all )
KillerPicklez
984 36 02/03/12 07:46 PM
by Oil Field Trash
* Peyton Manning
( 1 2 3 all )
KillerPicklez
1,062 59 03/07/12 08:59 PM
by LiquidSmoke
* why peyton manning > tom brady
( 1 2 3 all )
relativexistance 1,900 49 12/22/07 01:35 PM
by relativexistance
* Peyton Manning.
( 1 2 all )
Golden.Teacher 542 25 03/26/12 12:19 PM
by jdprince12

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Stein
1,602 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:

Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2014 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 20 queries.