Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: 9/11 vs. car accidents vs. gangs [Re: Swami]
    #4445572 - 07/24/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yea alright I got you, I was just more amused by the fact that you told me to stop reading what I want to read in your post, when you did exactly the same thing. In terms of this topic however I think they are pretty different situations. I have been to LA many times, to a lot of very poor neighborhoods and have witnessed gang fights. The issue cannot be solved with excessive violence or any such measure. There is a book I have called Monster, which is written by an LA gang member who was in the crips during the 80's and mid 90's I believe. He notes at the end that what started out as very simple and somewhat innocent violence in the 70's has turned out into an all out war. He said that every single inch of territory is marked out by the respective gangs. They have constant survalliance on most corners, and with the incredible amounts of cash coming from drugs, they can afford large arsenals and complex technological devices. He says that kids are born into this culture automatically, whereas before it was a choice. His solution is for everyone to convert to Islam, but that wouldn't work I think. I am not sure how this could be solved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: 9/11 vs. car accidents vs. gangs [Re: TheCow]
    #4445590 - 07/24/05 01:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In the war on terror we have the military. We treat Iraqis and foreign terrorists as enemy combatants and thus kill them immediately if we can. In LA it is different, because they are just committing homicide. They arent trying to incite revolutions or take out innocent civilians. They actually try not to take out civilians, or at least theoretically. If somehow they could get jobs maybe and better educations it might help. But the culture has to somehow change.

Offlineeinfopedia
Stranger
Re: 9/11 vs. car accidents vs. gangs [Re: Swami] * 1
    #15953606 - 03/15/12 11:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

its true that its a big disastor for the america.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: 9/11 vs. car accidents vs. gangs [Re: Swami] * 1
    #15958888 - 03/17/12 09:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Around 3000 people died on 9/11 which was certainly tragic. Since then billions upon billions have been spent with unknown affect.

Since 9/11 about 150,000 Americans have died in car accidents. *yawn* No biggee and no new action taken. Am I comparing apples to oranges? Perhaps (but death is still death no matter the cause), so let's focus elsewhere.

What measures are being used to stop the thousands of gang-related deaths every year? I am way more likely to die by the hand of an American gang member than a foreign terrorist. Is that somehow more acceptable?

Is it the fear of yet more racial profiling? It would certainly not be difficult to shut down the gangs in LA or Las Vegas or other big cities, but politicians face a backlash so do not focus on this.

Does it not make sense to spend money proportional to our KNOWN greatest danger(s)?

NO!! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!! How do people with 800 tickets still drive!! The government rarely spends another $10 on the DMV. Murderers are let out of prison early so other people with MULTIPLE murder charges can be fit in! Because the government won't build more prisons in urban areas!

But we spent 600 billion in the middle east!!!!! WE SPEND ON THAT TYPE OF GARBAGE??!? We have done at least 88% of the work over there with other countries contributing very very little to the effort. And the fucked up thing is, America does the most amount of effort in over seas countries but has the highest rate of ignorance on other people being aware of what happens in other countries!

While other countries do much less over seas helping, and yet seem to be more educated on what happens in America then what happens in their own country!! Dude!!!!

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinenoblebrown
revolutionary fungi
Male User Gallery

Re: 9/11 vs. car accidents vs. gangs [Re: imachavel]
    #15976020 - 03/21/12 11:25 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

actually the us has the highest incarceration rate of any industrialized nation, furthermore, the overwhelming majority of those incarcerated are there on pretty drug charges thanks to the infamous war on drugs. the prison industrial complex in the us is the largest in the world, so its not an issue of lack of space. the issue is misappropriation of social funds, i.e. taxes.

locking up or shooting all gangmembers is problematic for a few important reasons. first this assumes all gangmembers are evil ppl and second that incarceration solves the crime problem. both are wrong and have been systematically force feed into your brain by mass media and government propaganda.

gangmembers arent some ubiquitously malicious band of marauding thugs. no doubt there is alot of bad shit going on, i grew up in southern cali in a gang, i know, but most if not all these issues, individual acts of violence and social dysfunctions, stem from very real environmental problems that rarely get addressed by politicians atleast not effectively. there has been a war on gangs for 25 or so years just as effective as the war on drugs. everyone is getting locked up and prison s arent helping, i grew up there too, so i know.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains