Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: biggysmall]
    #15967822 - 03/19/12 03:27 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I've never heard of anyone actually doing this in college, ever. I really question the validity of those statistics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: nooneman]
    #15968548 - 03/19/12 06:15 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

i learned how to do this by my self ,you stand with your legs spread out a bit, knees bent, deeply inhale, while holding your arms backward ,and hold till you slam into the ground

Edited by hidenseek (03/19/12 06:15 PM)

Offlinemushiefeet
Soggy Sock's Rainy Day's
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: hidenseek]
    #15968641 - 03/19/12 06:40 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

damn this shits back lol I new a kid who actually did this and died.that was a hella bad day she went to our buss stop lol. stupidity kills itself off.

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: hidenseek]
    #15968660 - 03/19/12 06:43 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Use to do it in middle school ALOT. Would do it in class, kids houses... it was pretty popular with a decent sized group of kids. Its funny how you can see the itch of consciousness exploration at a young age. It would be like dritin off into a day dream, things would start spinning accompanied by visions.

Invisibleima kitten
meow

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: weshroom]
    #15968736 - 03/19/12 06:56 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

i propose we set up mandatory minimum sentences for this kind of immoral behaviour!

you could cut off their hands, they'll never do it again!  :hst:

--------------------
:potleaf::nyan:please... keep on the grass!:nyan::potleaf:

:ganja::happyweed::ganja:

InvisibleGotlib
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Tranzfixed]
    #15968828 - 03/19/12 07:16 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Tranzfixed said:
Hah I did this with some hot ass girls in middle school. kinda feels like nitrous and salvia for 4-10 seconds

yepp me too !!!

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: NWlight]
    #15968887 - 03/19/12 07:28 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

NWlight said:
Quote:

StatuesCryBleeding said:
I would never do this because my ass has class, but I can't see it being all that dangerous if someone around knows cpr and the choker isn't a fucking retard. I guess the airway could collapse if too much pressure is exerted, but I'm sure there are other ways to deprive your brain of oxygen (like holding your breath it long enough). I know it;s probably not the same, but it's pretty much safe. Hold  in your breath for 2:30 seconds and you really start to feel the effects.

CPR isn't actually that effective,  only works between 2-7% of the time without the use of a defibrillator, and that's if the person knows what they are doing.  AND if there isn't another contributing factor to their death besides suffocation.

When I was in middle school, we used to hyperventilate until we were lightheaded then hold our breath standing up against a wall while somebody pushed on your chest.  It usually makes you pass out.

One time I did it during class and my friend din't fucking catch me, I hit my head on the table :lol:

Yep, I've done it twice myself.  What can I say, I was fucking retarded.  But my friend who did it to me the first time thought I was just pretending to go limp, so she didn't catch me, and I bashed my head on the tile floor.  Ooh, childhood. :lol:  We did it exactly the same as you just mentioned, but we put pressure on the carotid artery, and not the chest.

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: BothHands]
    #15968956 - 03/19/12 07:42 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I knew a kid in high school who was "playing" the choking game by himself and he ended up being killed by it.  Dumbass.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

Loc: 127.0.0.1
    #15969002 - 03/19/12 07:50 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I'm guilty of this. 9th grade. We just used the sleeper hold though. :shrug:

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: SOLID BASTARD] * 2
    #15969948 - 03/19/12 11:17 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I feel like this isn't a fair representation of the population.... Most people here will have had an inclination to enjoy altered states of consciousnes.

I bet you guys were the ones who spun in circles on the playground as a kid just to feel dizzy :lol:

fckin druggies :heart:

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

OfflineLeon Ferrum
environmentalist know-it-all
Male User Gallery

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #15971266 - 03/20/12 10:44 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Lord_McLovin said:
Quote:

NWlight said:
Quote:

Tranzfixed said:
Hah I did this with some hot ass girls in middle school. kinda feels like nitrous and salvia for 4-10 seconds

yeah this is middle school garbage lol

I knew US schools were terrible, but I didn't expect them to be this bad.

Is it really the responsibility of a school to tell people not to choke one another?

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Leon Ferrum]
    #15974014 - 03/20/12 09:30 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

the stupid things you see on the news...

I sear I saw one on my local news talking about house parties and how dangerous they are and how kids are using facebook to spread the word about them. like house parties are something new, gimme a break..

InvisiblePilz
Think of the Children!
Male
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #15976029 - 03/21/12 11:28 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

i never heard of this growing up until i started getting these surveys around middle school age. it was weird, they didnt want any of us to do it yet they basically gave us a "space monkey" tek.

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #15977772 - 03/21/12 06:24 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
the stupid things you see on the news...

I sear I saw one on my local news talking about house parties and how dangerous they are and how kids are using facebook to spread the word about them. like house parties are something new, gimme a break..

:lolsy:

"At the top of the hour we'll be talking about a new trend sweeping america.  It's called "partying" and appears to lead to alcohol-induced orgies and loud music"

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: NWlight]
    #15978571 - 03/21/12 09:48 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

I tried this at a party when I was in high school.  It wasn't really choking, what we did is crouch down, press the the arteries on our neck with our fingers, then stand up.  I didn't expect it to do anything at all, so I tried it.  The next thing I remember I was laying on the floor, with lots of concerned people standing above me.

I don't consider it dangerous, unless you hit your head.  Its not really all that fun either.  It is a rush, I guess....

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15979172 - 03/22/12 12:11 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Definitely wasn't fun, but it was interesting.  Both times I did it, I relived like full weeks of my childhood, every mundane detail and all.  Then slowly faded back into reality, and had to figure out if I was still in my childhood, or if I was myself again.  But while I was in my childhood, I had no memory of my actual life.  It was more like just a movie of myself as a kid being watched by a neutral spectator who doesn't even know the main characters.  Very weird...

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
    #15980234 - 03/22/12 08:37 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

maybe your brain releases dmt when it feels like its dying ?

Offlinedokunai
Cactus, Cannabis, Cubensis

Loc: Hyphal Heights, USA
Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: biggysmall]
    #15982261 - 03/22/12 04:39 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

When I was in jr. High we played a similar version of this game.  It needed two people to be done right.  You would put your head down between your knees and take some really deep breaths.  After a few breaths you would straighten up and completely exhale.  That's when your helper would hug you around the ribs, helping you pushing out any remainining air and avoiding the urge to gasp.  The person playing the game would wait as long as possible, usually until after losing consciousness, to take in a breath.  It would be a combination of a head rush and asphyxiation, and your "hugger" would set you down typically in a soft chair or the couch.  People would be out very briefly, but the experience felt very deep (at least to a jr. high schooler).  We would experience completely altered states of consciousness that we interpreted as "dreams" or "what's really going on in your head."  The altered states produced this way can be incredibly potent.  We are talking 20 years ago and I still remember a "dream" I had of travelling down the road at extreme velocity in the back seat of some sort of super sports car my brain made up.  It felt like I had really experienced the dream.

These kids are just bored and these experiences can really seem magical to someone not properly equipped to interpret the cause and content of the experience.

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: The chocking game: 1 in 7 college students have tried [Re: Tranzfixed]
    #15984470 - 03/23/12 03:03 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Tranzfixed said:

lol i did it with some druggie nympho chick back in my early 20s. good times

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag