Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

Loc: In Transit
Re: First Grow [Re: PlasterFig]
    #15975237 - 03/21/12 07:00 AM (12 years, 22 hours ago)

I have a question for you guys:

I was browsing the forums here and somebody posted a picture of a spore syringe they were using. It was full of charcoal grey spore solution. When I received mine, it was almost 100% clear looking, with 2-3 small wispy strands of grey floating inside it. After shaking, the wisps hardly dispersed and the solution still looked by and large like water. Do you think I had enough spores in the syringe to work?

Also note, I got it from a reputable shroomery sponsor, so I'm not worried about the guy TRYING to screw me over, I'm mostly concerned with the idea of an accidental bad syringe that didn't get all the spores it normally would...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15975264 - 03/21/12 07:17 AM (12 years, 22 hours ago)

You cant see "a spore" with the naked eye, what your seing in there is thousands and thousands of spores clustered together, if you can see a couple little groupings like that i'd say you have plenty; just shake really well immediately before injecting into your jar and it will disperse them evenly, it'll b fine. Good luck

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

Re: First Grow [Re: BjJiggles]
    #15975597 - 03/21/12 09:35 AM (12 years, 19 hours ago)

Thanks, it's been hard to find a reassuring answer there, most threads about light spore syringes were bought from shady vendors, and the answer is buried under "just buy from a sponsor".

I definitely still have a good while to wait before I get worried, i'm only 94 hours post inoculation. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't waiting in vain.

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

#15975660 - 03/21/12 09:51 AM (12 years, 19 hours ago)

Did you shake really well while inoculating? My friend  usually gives it a good twitch of the wrist between each hole. But you should be alright if at least between each jar.

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

Offlinefr0g7
Shampoo Fragrance Tester

#15975762 - 03/21/12 10:17 AM (12 years, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

BjJiggles said:
My friend  usually gives it a good twitch of the wrist between each hole

My wife likes it when I do this. Giggity.

--------------------
When I was a kid, my father always used to wash my mouth out with soap; but that was only to get rid of any traces of his DNA.

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

Re: First Grow [Re: fr0g7]
    #15975790 - 03/21/12 10:24 AM (12 years, 19 hours ago)

Haha, nice..

Unfotunately no, i didn't continue shaking during inoculation. I shook it a few times at the beginning, but like I said, the wisps didn't seem to disperse. Even if i screwed up in shaking and only shot viable spores into aa few jars, I suppose I can take comfort nto that at least SOME of the jars have spores. Haha

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

#15975895 - 03/21/12 10:48 AM (12 years, 18 hours ago)

Haha, that made my day frog

--------------------

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

#15975905 - 03/21/12 10:51 AM (12 years, 18 hours ago)

True, i would just recommend shaking really well before you start, then like i said, just a lil twitch betwen holes, may work with less but it makes my friend feel better and it surely cant hurt, i'm sure you'll be alright, good luck

--------------------

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

#15976079 - 03/21/12 11:38 AM (12 years, 17 hours ago)

Thanks, I appreciate the support, and I hope you're right!
I'll certainly know what to do next time!:tongue:

I'll be sure to update if anything interesting happens.

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

#15980759 - 03/22/12 11:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

As of today at 10:30am, I noticed the first spots of mycelium. Whoop!

About 7 of 12 BRF jars have a spot ~1/4" in diameter in most or all of the injection sites.
One of the WBR jars has a single grain colonized, the other nothing. The LC is not doing anything, and the large BRF jar is silent. 5 days isn't so bad methinks!

Offlinefr0g7
Shampoo Fragrance Tester

#15980890 - 03/22/12 11:33 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:booooom:

Grats, now wait.

--------------------
When I was a kid, my father always used to wash my mouth out with soap; but that was only to get rid of any traces of his DNA.

Offlinemrosef
creep
 User Gallery

#15980900 - 03/22/12 11:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PlasterFig said:
As of today at 10:30am, I noticed the first spots of mycelium. Whoop!

About 7 of 12 BRF jars have a spot ~1/4" in diameter in most or all of the injection sites.
One of the WBR jars has a single grain colonized, the other nothing. The LC is not doing anything, and the large BRF jar is silent. 5 days isn't so bad methinks!

try not to handle your jars and forget they even exists.

patience

GL:thumbup:

--------------------
"If I Had An Orchard Id Work Till Im Sore"

Tasty Recipes

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

Re: First Grow [Re: mrosef]
    #15980979 - 03/22/12 11:56 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Haha yes, pardon my excitement, and thanks for the support.

I understand fully that less touching = better, and no touching = best, but since I can't tell what's going on in the jars due to some rather unfortunately opaque Al foil, is it okay to do a tiny, itty bitty bit of jar-molestation so that I can check progress every couple days in one or two of the jars? Especially once they get close to full colonization...

Offlinemrosef
creep
 User Gallery

#15981001 - 03/22/12 12:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

If and when i must handle my jars i usually touch the base and rotate,never putting my hand over the lids and never picking them up, you might knock loose the verm layer and disturbe the myc. and even dropping contams. like i said before leave em be and forget about them. if you must do as stated above. i would wait a week to check em out.

:kenthumbup: thumbs up to my first grow last year, i too was very nosey but learned quickly that it takes time and patience.

--------------------
"If I Had An Orchard Id Work Till Im Sore"

Tasty Recipes

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

Re: First Grow [Re: mrosef]
    #15981062 - 03/22/12 12:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, that sounds reasonable. I've got all my jars incubating in my glovebox (i.e. just tupperware with two arm holes) in the hopes that would help prevent falling dust, debris, contaminants, evil hexes, etc.

I have the two jars of WBR up front and visible, i'll probably just use those as a sort of "growth-o-meter" for my other jars without touching any of them.

Offlineromeo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15981070 - 03/22/12 12:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

lookin good!

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

#16010555 - 03/28/12 07:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Time for a big update!

In the last few days, things have been taking off marvelously. So well in fact, I decided to make some changes (for better or for worse).

Interestingly enough, the jars I only boiled and did not PC are nearing 90% colonization, but the pc'ed jars are WELL behind at perhaps 17-20. Must be a moisture balance issue..

This is one of the boiled PF tek jars that's in the lead. As far as I know the mycelium looks good, but I noticed that in the injection sites, the myc looks like it pulled away from the jar edge very slightly, and the glass is covered in little droplets..

You can see here some of the more happy jars, and the large BRF to which I refer shortly.

I had a crazy idea that I tried yesterday, in the hopes it would bring me success, and, though it may be too early to judge, I believe I succeeded!
The large quart jar of BRF had a golf-ball sized piece of mycelium in it, and I couldn't help but think it needed to share the love. I opened the jar in the glovebox, spooned out the chunk, and put it into an empty jar. Add 100cc sterile water and shake. Serves... Who knows how many. :cool:
I then took this mycelium solution, put it back into syringes, re-inoculated the BRF quart with 10cc, and for shits and giggles, did a quart of WBR and a pint of WBS. I even re -inoculated two of the PF tek jars.

Less than 24 hours later, they're showing little tiny wisps of cloud white mycelium in all the jars, and the quart BRF is taking an early lead in colonization.

I shook the crap out of one of the previous WBR jars to distribute the clump, which is now growing quite happily again..

This was the jar collection as of last night, before I saw the tiny wisps. At the rate they're colonizing though, I should have some good pics to post quite soon indeed!
:awesome:

I've seen some people caution against shaking jars, saying it would "Fuck up the myc", but.. At least from what I've seen, I can't think of any reason NOT to do it. What's the downside?

Also another question. I know i've been advised to use the foil over the PF jars loosely, but even that seems on the cautious side. When I'm using grain jars with tyvek filters, do I need to leave the foil on them?

InvisibleMagicCarpetRide89
Sideways Traveler
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #16011356 - 03/28/12 10:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You can take the foil off

--------------------
If it's anonymous you want... IRC: irc.apexsec.ca SSL port: +6697  Room #Apexsec

Offlinefr0g7
Shampoo Fragrance Tester

Re: First Grow [Re: MagicCarpetRide89]
    #16013598 - 03/29/12 12:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, get the foil off ASAP, at best it does nothing, but it could limit GE to a point where your jars stall. Let the verm layer do its job.

--------------------

OfflinePlasterFig
Voyager
Male

#16013644 - 03/29/12 12:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Will do so immediately. Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds