Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: circastes]
    #15945609 - 03/14/12 09:55 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Reality is just your consciousness. There is nothing else.

And your evidence for this is?

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: deCypher]
    #15945722 - 03/14/12 10:39 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Evidence is a human intellectual product. Consciousness precedes the thinking mind. The approach is wrong...

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleHidden Woods
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
    #15945786 - 03/14/12 10:59 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Your truth is your perspective.

Different perspectives, different truths.

Consciousness does not stay the same, it expands.  The consciousness of a child is not the same as that of a teen or an adult.  To know the universal truth, is to know the cosmic consciousness, and to do this, you need to be aware of the ego and what is beyond it.

InvisibleWhite Beard

Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: Hidden Woods]
    #15945795 - 03/14/12 11:02 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Hidden Woods said:
To know the universal truth, is to know the cosmic consciousness, and to do this, you need to be aware of the ego and what is beyond it.

Your truth is your perspective. :wink:

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: White Beard]
    #15945840 - 03/14/12 11:16 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

All this crazy talk that the truth is other than you, hidden, mysterious.

Maharshi spoke of the mystery of mysteries being that us being the reality, we seek to know it.

If consciousness changes or expands it's a different definition than what I'm working with.

See it can't be wrong, when you see it, because as obvious as you exist, that this is happening, it exists, it is happening, because what exists and what is happening is merely It. Do you understand a little better? I'm having fun trying to talk about it.

It's not the discovery of a truth but the removal of illusions that makes you see... that makes you different from the others.

Make the mind quiescent, that's all you need to do, and you're instantly smarter than any scientists, any philosopher. Really, all it is, is the quiescent mind, but the mind cannot hold itself still... something happens when you 'come off it', you change slightly, a bit like in my sig. It is subtle, but the thoughts vanish and something is held in place without your effort.

It has absolutely nothing to do with 'physical reality' or your perceptions. They remain as they are, regardless of Self or no Self or whatever.

It is the most perfectly natural state, and any practice to get there like ascetism and whatnot are for the mentally ill or plain foolish.

It's what you know, what you are doing, right now, that should be addressed and reviewed, not anything new, not any new idea. Get rid of the wrong and the right will shine on its own.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#15945855 - 03/14/12 11:22 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

How can it be a perspective? It consumes my mind's eye. My actual eyes are just simple human eyes, they see nothing new.

I didn't learn it, I didn't find it, the only thing that makes it anything is that I'm talking about it. If I said nothing, I would know nothing of it.

Many of you may be caught up in a spiritual materialism, like, you want to possess spiritual goods. Unfortunately, this cannot happen. There is no special knowledge to find, and if you found some, it would be part of appearances, nothing to do with reality.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#15946377 - 03/14/12 01:50 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Evidence is a human intellectual product. Consciousness precedes the thinking mind. The approach is wrong...

I'm asking you why you believe that reality is just my consciousness and that nothing else exists.  Why do you deny the existence of things outside of the mind?

--------------------

OfflineLSDenthusiast
Not Knowing
 User Gallery

#15946464 - 03/14/12 02:09 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I see all of existence as mind. Consciousness if there's any such thing, is the thinking mind. You cannot separate them. It carries the thought forms and you pick up on them. Without the knowledge you have inside of you about everything. From as simple as looking at a glass of water and recognizing it, to the intricate knowledge a physicist might have acquired is the only way in which you can experience this mind/existence. Without that knowledge there is no way of experiencing anything.

That's why all these eastern religions talk about at one point on the "spiritual path" you must destroy everything you learned, throw it all out, burn it up. "If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him."

That knowledge is the very basis for why everyone is searching, it is making people depressed. Thought is strangling everyone, making them think there is something out there to be realized or attained that will make them "enlightened" or just plain happy. People need to stop looking for others for answers. No one has answers. "Do this, do that, go here, go there" It will not help.

Do you really know what you're looking at when you look at an object or a person or perceive the world? Do you really understand where we are? Don't look for answers. There are none. Instead allow your entire being to be a question mark with every cell of your body. The knowledge you have will be burnt up and then the senses will function in an entirely different way. Thought will fall into its natural rhythm. Only thing left will be the fire of life.

This wasn't directed specifically at you deCypher, just participating in the thread.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#15946551 - 03/14/12 02:27 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

circastes said:

I'm asking you why you believe that reality is just my consciousness and that nothing else exists.  Why do you deny the existence of things outside of the mind?

I insist on the presence of something beyond existence/non-existence, beyond these dualist concepts, and it is not mystical or vague. Consciousness is a good name for it, but we don't realise consciousness is all-encompassing, infinite. There is no end to your consciousness, but something has convinced you otherwise, and most people otherwise, in our culture, even so far as to have some think consciousness is just some epiphenomenon. Insane!

Consciousness has the ability to create worlds like this, to create functioning realities, as you see in dreams. Well upon waking it is still within consciousness. That's all. It's not profound, it's not scary, it's not opting out of death or any kind of denial.

How do I KNOW and have the confidence to KEEP INSISTING consciousness is all there is? I realised we have it backwards in a way. We start with consciousness and we add things to it, thinking that the answer comes later after much deliberation. But the reality we seek to make contact with is already here, not as mind, but as an all-pervading consciousness which is the Totality. The very act of being conscious, is it. You can feel it, see it with your mind's eye. That consciousness, before thought, contains everything...

Do not think and see. Consciousness will answer all your questions.

Note: I know I've said some really crazy things on this forum but I was actually mentally ill during those months. I know now I am closer than I have ever been to truth or enlightenment or whatever language pointer you want to use. I'll happily keep discussing this and this time I think I really DO have something to offer.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#15948636 - 03/14/12 09:42 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Consciousness has the ability to create worlds like this, to create functioning realities, as you see in dreams. Well upon waking it is still within consciousness. That's all.

Sure, all we can ever know is consciousness in the form of mental sensations and experiences, but I think it's likely that these sensations and experiences are caused by an external, objective Universe.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#15949413 - 03/15/12 01:37 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Why do you think it's likely? Just curious.

It may seem that if this is all a mirage then you should doubt it; doubt the sensations your fingers make on the keyboard, doubt your vision, question that anybody exists and perhaps fall into solipsism. That's not what I'm asking you to do. Let the appearance be, do not acknowledge it, acknowledge only your awareness, and try to see what it is. You will find it is everything, in a slightly curious way to how you might expect it to be.

And in doing that you find something goes missing from the keystrokes, the vision and the existence of others... It's as if the appearance and the mind were the same, and the appearance was the workings of the mind. Yet, we clearly see upon scrutiny that this is not the case - your thoughts do not manifest in front of you, etc. Somehow, though, there's a link, and this 'enlightenment', this effortless awareness of awareness reveals it ever so slightly, in that it all becomes Empty.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: The Human Floyd]
    #15949823 - 03/15/12 05:52 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

watch this

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: blingbling]
    #15949931 - 03/15/12 07:17 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Some of that seemed right. :justdontknow:

He's not very happy. I wouldn't want to be like him.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#15951929 - 03/15/12 05:05 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

i wouldn't want to be like him either but he makes some interesting points and offers a strategy for developing increased awareness.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: To Tao or not to Tao [Re: blingbling]
    #15960865 - 03/17/12 07:37 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

:happyhitler:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom