Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnimusRex
Stranger
First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside
    #15944477 - 03/13/12 11:27 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Okay, well my first cultivation is about to be underway, and I'm wondering about a few things;
My instructions specify to keep the temperature of the mushrooms between 25 and 27 degrees celsius, with a huge caps-lock warning saying not to go over 27 degrees.  Is it really this rigid? 
How long will spores keep in a fridge?
Can I buy a timed lightbulb for a 12 hour light source?  Where would one go to buy a light bulb on a timer?  What if the fuse burns out while I'm away from it?
Any other tips are appreciated.  I'm also wondering where one would make an inquiry about DMT, is there somewhere on shroomery for that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinesubliciouscompostV
Friend/Musician/Composter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland Park Florida
Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: AnimusRex]
    #15944549 - 03/13/12 11:46 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

25- 27 is just optimum. You will do more harm going hotter than colder though. I would try to stay below 30 celsius though. As for a light, use a 6500 k bulb and get yourself a cheap timer. On off cycle for 12 hours each. Home depot, lowes, even super markets in florida.

I have used spores after a year and still had great results.

--------------------
Sublicious Compost - Grow your own mushrooms at home!

Now offering FREE SHIPPING with orders over $50!

Sublicious Compost is proud to offer mushroom kits, spawn jars and spawn bags! Check out SubFarms.com.

25% off all orders using Bitcoin! Use coupon code Bitcoin!

Invisiblepsychotropical

Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: subliciouscompost]
    #15944597 - 03/14/12 12:00 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

You don't have to worry about a fuse going out. It's not like growing ganja where the light timing is so critical. A day of no light isn't going to throw anything off. Just keep it averaging 12/12 you'll be fine.

OfflineAnimusRex
Stranger
Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: psychotropical]
    #15945155 - 03/14/12 05:51 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Excellent, I figured mushrooms were pretty hardy, what with their being able to have spores survive indefinitely in space and survive anywhere on the planet.  So that's all good news.  How much would a 40 litre pot run me, and a timing lightbulb setup?

And is this an okay place to ask questions about a DMT extraction, or is this entire site specifically for mushrooms?

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
    #15945286 - 03/14/12 07:34 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Check out the first forum on the site "the psychedelic experience".

Invisiblepsychotropical

Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: setb]
    #15945460 - 03/14/12 09:00 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

AnimusRex said:
And is this an okay place to ask questions about a DMT extraction, or is this entire site specifically for mushrooms?

No you want to stay on topic here, but :whathesaid: and  here's rabbit hole to explore:
DMT Nexus

Happy trails pilgrim.

Edited by psychotropical (03/14/12 09:09 AM)

OfflineAnimusRex
Stranger
Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: psychotropical]
    #15945539 - 03/14/12 09:28 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Much obliged, gents.

So how much cash am I looking at dropping for a timed 6500k light bulb set up, and a 40L stock pot?

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
    #15945557 - 03/14/12 09:38 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Essentially it is just a flourescent grow light bulb.  THe 6500k is just the temperature rage of the light, the coolness. It has nothing to do with wattage or cost. You can use the screw in type.  Screw it into any lamp and put that on a $5 timer. The bulbs can run anywhere from $5 and up.  But honestly, if you can just place them near (not in front of) a window where they can get some indirect sunlight, that is really all you need. Solar power baby!

And what do you need a 40 liter stock pot for? That is huge.  Are you working with trashbags of spawn?

OfflineAnimusRex
Stranger
Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: crimsondrac]
    #15945766 - 03/14/12 10:54 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

crimsondrac said:
And what do you need a 40 liter stock pot for? That is huge.  Are you working with trashbags of spawn?

I have a large burlap sack of it, which in the instructions I have it suggests a 40 litre or larger pot- I'm expecting to get 400 or more grams from this.

Invisiblepsychotropical

#15946136 - 03/14/12 12:55 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Large stock pots are great to have around the kitchen for just about everything. I found a nice red enamel set - two nested sizes, with glass lids & metal rims in excellent condition at a thrift shop for $12.

OfflineAnimusRex
Stranger
Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: crimsondrac]
    #15962614 - 03/18/12 08:05 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

crimsondrac said:
Essentially it is just a flourescent grow light bulb.  THe 6500k is just the temperature rage of the light, the coolness. It has nothing to do with wattage or cost.

Here is the lightbulb I was able to get; http://imgur.com/VoNE9
It doesnt mention a "k" value aywhere on it, yet it says it's for indoor growing.
Do you think this would be fine?

OfflineTaoShroom
Novice Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #15962846 - 03/18/12 10:15 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Before worrying about lighting I think you should be focusing on what TEK you plan to use. Are you going to inoculate BRF jars? Grain Jars to spawn to tubs? Are you colonizing onto agar?

Lighting is really one of the lowest concerns you should have at this stage. Even being in a well lit part of your house from outside light is generally sufficient, but not ideal. Also the reason I imagine it has not to go above 27C in huge lettering is because those are very ideal temps for contaminants to grow in as well, and there is a good chance you will lose your crop. Anywhere between 18-21C or 65-72F seems to be an agreed upon good temp for colonization.

--------------------
Strait like a jagged arrow.
Curved like a strait line.

OfflineAnimusRex
Stranger
Re: First Cultivation Ever- Questions Inside [Re: TaoShroom]
    #15963275 - 03/18/12 12:49 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I'm not using a TEK on the web, I'm in Canada and am using a booklet that came with the setup.  Everything in it is self contained, if I had to guess I'd say it's in a tub, since I'm not familiar with doing this.  I know this much: I don't have jars and they aren't required.  How would I find more info to help you know what I'm dealing with?  Should I just write out the booklet?

OfflineTaoShroom
Novice Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #15964993 - 03/18/12 08:54 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I have no idea sir, a quick step by step of what you need to do without going deep into detail would suffice. This will be a good beginning experience for you, but I recommend looking further into how and why mushrooms grow. Take spore prints of your first fruits and experiment from there.

First timers are usually recommended to try brf/vermiculite in mason jars. Really all you need to pull it off under crude conditions are a pot with a tight fitting lid (a pressure Cooker is recommended), some 1/2pint mason jars, spore syringe(you can make these yourself), brown rice flour, vermiculite, perlite, a large storage tote. If you want to know more here is a detailed example of the TEK from a shroomery member.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15223324/fpart/1/vc/1
And how to make your own Syringes will be useful info

The best thing you can do if you are interested, is use the search located here on the site to answer your questions. Before I even had an account here I used to scour its depths for information. Really anything you need to know at this stage, can be found by searches, any question you can ask, has been asked before.

--------------------
Strait like a jagged arrow.
Curved like a strait line.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom