Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Loc: Genezleganooby
Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles?
    #15939591 - 03/12/12 08:14 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Hey so I'm considering growing some mushrooms. I've wanted to for a very long time and it's really my only option to not get totally ripped off. I would have done this a long time ago but I'm not currently living where I could do this openly. So I'm considering tucking away some jars away and hopefully I can convince my cousin to let me fruit at his place.

I think the perfect place to hide my jars would be above the ceiling tiles in my room. Would this open up the possibility for contaminants? Is it even possible to get a contamination this way, or is this only a risk associated with the inoculation process itself?

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungusapien
Nomad
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: shelkov181]
    #15939620 - 03/12/12 08:19 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Put 'em in a box and tuck it away in your closet or something, though it'd be better if they colonized with some kind of ambient light.

I don't think putting them in the ceiling will increases your risk of contams if your jars are made properly.

For the record, I've tried stealth grows...not worth the trouble.  Better to wait until you can dedicate some space and time without the risk/concern of being discovered.

--------------------
"It achieved symbiosis with human society early by associating itself with domesticated cattle." - T. McKenna

take a vacation, leave yourself behind...

**All posts are for research purposes only, and all content of said posts is hypothetical and entirely fictional.

Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: fungusapien]
    #15939657 - 03/12/12 08:27 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

I rather not wait 3 more years. I'm a freshman in college, currently commuting. I'll be in a dorm for my junior and senior years, but growing there is probably not a good idea.

In the past ~9 months of me trying to find psychedelics, I've come across ONE mushroom dealer. That's if I'm lucky enough to get a response out of the guy. He only sells $40 an eighth of partially wet shrooms. After drying it comes out to more like $60 an eighth and still not that potent. I've asked every possible person I can find and then some and 9/10 times when someone says they can find psychedelics, they can't.

So yeah. Growing is really my only option. It's not really a stealth grow. I would only do this if I can get my cousin to host the terrarium. Hiding some jars should be quite easy.

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

Offlinecream777
student of the life
 User Gallery

#15939687 - 03/12/12 08:34 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

shelkov181 said:
I rather not wait 3 more years. I'm a freshman in college, currently commuting. I'll be in a dorm for my junior and senior years, but growing there is probably not a good idea.

In the past ~9 months of me trying to find psychedelics, I've come across ONE mushroom dealer. That's if I'm lucky enough to get a response out of the guy. He only sells $40 an eighth of partially wet shrooms. After drying it comes out to more like $60 an eighth and still not that potent. I've asked every possible person I can find and then some and 9/10 times when someone says they can find psychedelics, they can't.

So yeah. Growing is really my only option. It's not really a stealth grow. I would only do this if I can get my cousin to host the terrarium. Hiding some jars should be quite easy.

bro i think you should make a out door patch somewhere hidden and come and pluck a few every now and then

--------------------
Since life and experience is a matter of trial-and-error, there’s no need to take choosing – or life itself – too seriously.

Offlinefungusapien
Nomad
Male

#15939698 - 03/12/12 08:36 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Understood, been there for sure.  A secure place for fruiting is indeed a must. So if you have that, be careful and good luck to you. 

On a side note:  what kind of college campus doesn't have a good Psilocybe connection? JK (but if you have know anyone in the fungal biology or plant science department...good place to check).

--------------------
"It achieved symbiosis with human society early by associating itself with domesticated cattle." - T. McKenna

**All posts are for research purposes only, and all content of said posts is hypothetical and entirely fictional.

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#15939838 - 03/12/12 09:00 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

are there any wild species that grow near you?
find a nice patch keep it to yourself and stockpile, spring is almost here :excited:

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

#15939893 - 03/12/12 09:11 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

fungusapien said:
On a side note:  what kind of college campus doesn't have a good Psilocybe connection? JK (but if you have know anyone in the fungal biology or plant science department...good place to check).

Campus? Department?

I commute to a branch of UCONN. The building with all our classes + lounge area is smaller than my middle school. Only a handful of people around have ever tried them and nobody seems to have real connections.

--------------------
― Terence McKenna

Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: cream777]
    #15939920 - 03/12/12 09:16 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

cream777 said:
bro i think you should make a out door patch somewhere hidden and come and pluck a few every now and then

Hmm. That sounds interesting. Is it possible to get a decent amount of mushrooms like this? I know a good place in the woods where my friends and I have set up something of a camp grounds that nobody else uses.

--------------------
― Terence McKenna

Offlinedragonnreeferr
clusterheadache sufferer
Male

Loc: OhighO
Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: shelkov181] * 1
    #15939932 - 03/12/12 09:18 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

could always just let them grow invitro than when u birth take small amount u get and use ccakes for an outdoor cultivation

Offlinefungusapien
Nomad
Male

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: dragonnreeferr]
    #15939944 - 03/12/12 09:21 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah, sorry man, lots of assumptions in that last post of mine.  Any way, good luck to you, the divine fungi will find you.

--------------------

Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: shelkov181] * 2
    #15939950 - 03/12/12 09:23 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Do whole brown rice cakes with psilocybe mexicana sclerotia, how about that?

Offlinedragonnreeferr
clusterheadache sufferer
Male

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #15939958 - 03/12/12 09:24 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

sof4r0ckeRs1984 said:
Do whole brown rice cakes with psilocybe mexicana sclerotia, how about that?

great idea there wish i thought of it

Offlinewasabi-kun
easily bored
Male

Loc: where is ware Flag
    #15939978 - 03/12/12 09:29 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Someone on here grew some in a plastic cup. You'd only get 1-2 shrooms a cup but if you had enough cups it wouldnt be so bad. Thought the sclerotia is gonna be your best option i think. Good luck :thumbup:

--------------------
ciao-su

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #15939994 - 03/12/12 09:32 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

My advice.....if you don't have a secure grow spot you will mindfuck yourself. Last year I was on the side of a goddamn mountain 12K feet up in Colorado thinking about the feds raiding my spot. I flipped the fucked out, came home and threw everything away. Now I have to build everything back (and I had a shit ton of equipment). This is serious shit. My understanding...and please people tell me I am wrong......if you get caught this is a BAD rap. I won't grow if I don't have control over every aspect.

Offlinedragonnreeferr
clusterheadache sufferer
Male

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: Asura]
    #15940034 - 03/12/12 09:40 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Asura said:
My advice.....if you don't have a secure grow spot you will mindfuck yourself. Last year I was on the side of a goddamn mountain 12K feet up in Colorado thinking about the feds raiding my spot. I flipped the fucked out, came home and threw everything away. Now I have to build everything back (and I had a shit ton of equipment). This is serious shit. My understanding...and please people tell me I am wrong......if you get caught this is a BAD rap. I won't grow if I don't have control over every aspect.

i do agree with ya here be prepared for the fall out in case it should happen  and if u just want shrooms for a buzz look for a diff option but if u decide to cultivate just be aware of what could happen

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#15940053 - 03/12/12 09:44 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

fungusapien said:
Put 'em in a box and tuck it away in your closet or something, though it'd be better if they colonized with some kind of ambient light.

I don't think putting them in the ceiling will increases your risk of contams if your jars are made properly.

For the record, I've tried stealth grows...not worth the trouble.  Better to wait until you can dedicate some space and time without the risk/concern of being discovered.

ambient light does not help colonising, it just doesnt harm it, place then in your ceiling, lysol before and just put em there, if there are air born contaminants in your ceiling theyll be in your room aswell, just go ahead and set them there, have fun and hope for the best, oh and by the way you have filter barriers whether it be micropre tape or polyfill or even a dry verm barrier to take take of contams.

Offlinecream777
student of the life
 User Gallery

#15940235 - 03/12/12 10:33 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

shelkov181 said:
Quote:

cream777 said:

Hmm. That sounds interesting. Is it possible to get a decent amount of mushrooms like this? I know a good place in the woods where my friends and I have set up something of a camp grounds that nobody else uses.

you may get much more than you will inside,and less chance of contamination.

--------------------
Since life and experience is a matter of trial-and-error, there’s no need to take choosing – or life itself – too seriously.

Offlinefungusapien
Nomad
Male

Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: shangrila]
    #15940284 - 03/12/12 10:48 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

There's more or less consensus at this point that it benefits the entire process to establish lighting cycles early on, even during colonization.

--------------------

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: shangrila]
    #15940300 - 03/12/12 10:54 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

shangrila said:

ambient light does not help colonising, it just doesnt harm it...

Wrong wrong wrong.

Quote:

oh and by the way you have filter barriers whether it be micropre tape or polyfill or even a dry verm barrier to take take of contams.

Micro pore tape shouldn't really be placed in the same category as polyfill or a dry verm layer. The pores in micro pore tape really aren't so micro compared to polyfill, tyvek, synthetic filter discs, or a layer of dry vermiculite. Though micro pore tape is definitely better than no filter at all, it should definitely be close to your last resort.

A stealth grow above your ceiling sounds like fun to me. :cool:

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stealth Grow - Ceiling Tiles? [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #15940795 - 03/13/12 02:02 AM (12 years, 18 days ago)

How the hell can a college like UCONN not have shrooms? I'm sure it does, you just don't know the right people. Ask around.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom