Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: SB-2]
    #15933034 - 03/11/12 12:21 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

You contradict yourself so much.  I wasnt even going to comment on your original post as there was so much:facepalm:

Quote:

If you want to be a rebel, start sending letters, protest, run for office or your local school board, or get involved with local legislation

:facepalm::rolleyes: All of that falls on deaf ears

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Mush 4 Brains] * 1
    #15933278 - 03/11/12 01:21 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Any time the cops kill an unarmed man, it's fucked up...It doesn't matter if it's over drugs or another crime...

The big problem is that people tend to think that an officer's safety trumps public safety in times like this...I say fuck that.  Cops become cops knowing that risk.  It's nonsense to say that a guy has a 1/4 lb of weed in his house knowing that he might get shot in the chest because of it.  That is, of course, assuming the weed was even his...

The cop, of course, should not be charged with murder...since this is clearly not a murder...But he should definitely be charged with reckless manslaughter.  If you take the badge and the gun, you should be ready to use them with the utmost of care...and if you don't, you should be made to answer for your failure.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineSB-2
Innovator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Between Here and There
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Enlil]
    #15933495 - 03/11/12 02:24 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Any time the cops kill an unarmed man, it's fucked up...It doesn't matter if it's over drugs or another crime...

The big problem is that people tend to think that an officer's safety trumps public safety in times like this...I say fuck that.  Cops become cops knowing that risk.  It's nonsense to say that a guy has a 1/4 lb of weed in his house knowing that he might get shot in the chest because of it.  That is, of course, assuming the weed was even his...

The cop, of course, should not be charged with murder...since this is clearly not a murder...But he should definitely be charged with reckless manslaughter.  If you take the badge and the gun, you should be ready to use them with the utmost of care...and if you don't, you should be made to answer for your failure.

This is a great post, especially on the point of public safety vs. officer safety. Big issue.

I think one of the biggest reasons this happens is untrained/undertrained officers doing the raids. SWAT teams in bigger cities very rarely fuck up a raid. REAL SWAT teams, not some hicks strapping on a vest and calling it SWAT like my city does. Usually everyone is on the ground before they even know what is going on, and they have much better access to LTL (Less than lethal) weaponry. Small town cops and poorer cities send the cops in with lethal weapons and no armor/vest only because it's the cheapest way to do things.

Regardless of the legal status, heavily armed raids for MJ shouldn't be happening at all. How often is a cop shot over MJ vs meth, heroine, or coke?

I guess I never said what i thought he should be sentenced for, but I think Murder 3 (Manslaughter) would be appropriate. Along the lines of what you said regarding cops knowing the risks and answering for failures, I heartily agree. I would go so far as to say if a police shooting is deemed illegal, there should be mandatory sentences. For example, one can get out of a manslaughter charge in a few years, especially a police officer. It's hard to say how long we should make someone suffer for a horrible mistake, and I'm not smart enough to come up with that answer. I think a MANDATORY sentence is important, though. Far too many police don't face any punishment at all, accident or no. A continuing career in law enforcement after an illegal shooting should not even be a thought, even for a desk job. No pension, either. If you don't like the rules, then don't fuck up and kill someone on accident.

--------------------
Let the poor not tear down the fortune of the rich, but fervently build fortune of their own.

Tired of fruiting chambers, glove boxes, and flow hoods?
Tired of getting a few shrooms after all your hard work?
Tired of war, poverty, world hunger, and the government?

...Then check out my lazy grower's guide!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15123541

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Society]
    #15933505 - 03/11/12 02:27 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Society said:
How many of you would feel the same if the drug in the incident was methamphetamine or Heroin?

does it matter?
someone was killed because they were executing their right to freedom, ie using drugs. i have no right to tell you or anyone else what they can smoke or inject into their body, i can only guide you to safer alternatives

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: numnum59]
    #15933528 - 03/11/12 02:33 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

numnum59 said:
Quote:

Society said:
How many of you would feel the same if the drug in the incident was methamphetamine or Heroin?

does it matter?
someone was killed because they were executing their right to freedom, ie using drugs. i have no right to tell you or anyone else what they can smoke or inject into their body, i can only guide you to safer alternatives

Please...he wasn't killed for executing a right to freedom...Don't pretend he is some martyr to a cause...

He was killed senselessly by a careless and/or poorly trained cop...That is a tragedy.

I don't know where you got the idea that people have a right to smoke or inject whatever they want into their bodies, but that isn't the case in the US...and it never has been.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Enlil]
    #15933860 - 03/11/12 03:50 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Officers are permitted to use deadly force, such as firing a gun, when they have a reasonable belief that they or somebody else is in imminent danger of death or bodily harm.

reasonable belief = "i might be right"

pretty sure an herb dealer with 4oz is dangerous enough to shoot as well. he prolly didnt even get up off the couch

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #15934033 - 03/11/12 04:28 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
I don't know where you got the idea that people have a right to smoke or inject whatever they want into their bodies, but that isn't the case in the US...and it never has been.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say and perhaps I misinterpreted your post, but drugs were not always illegal in the US.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: SuperD]
    #15934053 - 03/11/12 04:32 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
Quote:

Enlil said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say and perhaps I misinterpreted your post, but drugs were not always illegal in the US.

That wasn't what I was trying to say...I simply was saying that no right to put whatever you want in your body has ever existed in the US.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #15934114 - 03/11/12 04:47 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

SuperD said:
Quote:

Enlil said:

That wasn't what I was trying to say...I simply was saying that no right to put whatever you want in your body has ever existed in the US.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: SuperD]
    #15934364 - 03/11/12 05:56 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I had a friend get raided by the the local drug "goon squad." All ski masked up throwing his old frail father to the ground while he was leaving for work with a gun to his head. all cuz he threw his blunt guts out in the trash...

all for 3 grams. no guns. just 3 fucking grams of pot. this has got to stop. I'd die for it

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: grimR]
    #15934634 - 03/11/12 07:10 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Dying won't help anything or save anyone, you'll just be dead, and that isn't what we need.

Thanks for the update veggie.

This guy got shot over weed that may have not even been his.  He wasn't the target of the raid, the guy that was the target of the raid "Troy whatever" wasn't home, and of EIGHT people in the house, this guy that they shot was the only male, there were 5 children and 2 females besides him.

It's despicable that anyone would defend this to any degree.  This was murder.  Breaking in to someone's home and shooting them dead without provocation is murder.  There are reported cases of two thieves breaking into a home and the homeowner shooting one thief and the OTHER THIEF BEING CHARGED WITH MURDER.  Funny how the only time you're allowed to claim negligence or accidental homicide is if you fit the right paradigms, socially, politically and culturally greasing the right palms.

If you broke into ANYONE'S home, let alone a cop's and were trying to steal things and "accidentally" shot someone to death you would be tried for MURDER.  If you shot a cop or someone in their family it'd be CAPITAL MURDER and they would WITHOUT QUESTION fry your ass.  You tell yourself whatever stories you want.

This is unquestionable.  Why anyone would dare to state otherwise is beyond me

I, and many others know that this system is corrupt and that human life, especially YOUR life, means nothing.

Pay your taxes, serf.  Do as you're told, serf.

--------------------

OfflineSB-2
Innovator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Humility]
    #15934848 - 03/11/12 07:56 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Humility said:

Still WAITING for you to EXPLAIN all those WORDS you put in my MOUTH.

Your analogy ABOUT breaking into someone'S house TO steal sHIT is a lot worse THAN my bad analogy ABOUT accidentally killing a CIVILIAN in a video GAME. Breaking into someone's house WITH CRIMINAL or MaLiCiOuS intent and KILLING someone is MURDER, accidentally shooting someone is MANSLAUGHTER.

If you're prepared to send someone to prison for life or have them executed for accidental manslaughter, you are most definitely NOT "All about the love". Should we start sentencing anyone that accidentally kills a guy to life in prison? Or just cops? For a hippie, you sure do see the world in shades of black and white.

For someone that keeps spouting off about educating yourself, you're awful uneducated.

Quote:

Humility said:

Funny how the only time you're allowed to claim negligence or accidental homicide is if you fit the right paradigms, socially, politically and culturally greasing the right palms.

This statement is kind of funny give your absolute refusal to accept that this wasn't murder, or even that it might not have been murder. You have no information to support that claim, yet because of the "paradigm" that the cop fits into, you refuse to accept any alternative.

I typed some random words in caps in an attempt to more effectively communicate the important details with you.

--------------------
Let the poor not tear down the fortune of the rich, but fervently build fortune of their own.

Edited by SB-2 (03/11/12 08:02 PM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Humility]
    #15934874 - 03/11/12 08:01 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
Dying won't help anything or save anyone, you'll just be dead, and that isn't what we need.

Thanks for the update veggie.

This guy got shot over weed that may have not even been his.  He wasn't the target of the raid, the guy that was the target of the raid "Troy whatever" wasn't home, and of EIGHT people in the house, this guy that they shot was the only male, there were 5 children and 2 females besides him.

It's despicable that anyone would defend this to any degree.  This was murder.  Breaking in to someone's home and shooting them dead without provocation is murder.  There are reported cases of two thieves breaking into a home and the homeowner shooting one thief and the OTHER THIEF BEING CHARGED WITH MURDER.  Funny how the only time you're allowed to claim negligence or accidental homicide is if you fit the right paradigms, socially, politically and culturally greasing the right palms.

If you broke into ANYONE'S home, let alone a cop's and were trying to steal things and "accidentally" shot someone to death you would be tried for MURDER.  If you shot a cop or someone in their family it'd be CAPITAL MURDER and they would WITHOUT QUESTION fry your ass.  You tell yourself whatever stories you want.

This is unquestionable.  Why anyone would dare to state otherwise is beyond me

I, and many others know that this system is corrupt and that human life, especially YOUR life, means nothing.

Pay your taxes, serf.  Do as you're told, serf.

Felony murder requires that the killing occur in the commission of one of several designated crimes...Executing a search warrant isn't a crime...so it isn't murder...but it is manslaughter.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15935608 - 03/11/12 10:26 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

If murder is strictly defined as "extra-legal killing", it becomes impossible to label state-sanctioned crimes as murder.  This is clearly not in the spirit of the word "murder".  It's why we speak of Nazis "murdering" Jews and Pol Pot "murdering" Cambodians.

Many extrapolations are made when responsibility or obligation is viewed as not being fulfilled.  Mao is spoken of as having "murdered" many Chinese during the Great Famine and the same is said of Japanese captors during the Bataan Death March.

As recently as the mid 2000s Saddam Hussein was tried and hung by an Iraq court for murder.

You're both either confused or missing the point.

I can find thousands of lexical references linking "murder" to the concept of "unjustified killing" or "immoral killing".

Manslaughter is a legal term used to distinguish one murder from another in an effort to "group" crimes and hand out "just" punishments based on groupings of facts and criteria.  Manslaughter is not an observed concept in all regions of the world.  "Murder" is a term that is present in many languages, conceptually representing "unjustified killing".

It's the reason why Christians refer to abortion as "murder" despite the QUITE OBVIOUS fact that abortion is legal.

I am a linguist.  You are both wrong.  Admit it; if to no one else, please admit it to yourselves.

That said, you can both say and believe whatever you want.  Breaking in to someone's house and shooting them to death under the pretenses of forcibly acquiring their property and subsequently kidnapping people in that home is murder lol.

You claim that the cop didn't "intend" to kill anyone.  What you're purposefully ignoring is the fact that police are not only trained to kill, but in the current climate have become militarized, and worse of all, almost never face responsibility for the crimes they've committed and the innocent lives they've taken.

Police go into the home of someone that isn't violent with guns drawn, fingers on the trigger and attack dogs and bullet proof vests fully prepared to shoot someone.  Police are constantly trained and drilled on how "dangerous" the "others" are and how ready they need to be to deploy their tazers or guns or fists and boots in order to elicit submission to the point of other human beings not moving and breathing anymore.

Then the police shoot someone.

Then they shoot someone to death.

Then someone claims that they didn't "intend" to shoot anyone to death.  That that wasn't the reason that they were there and that as such, their killing of a 20 year old man who again, wasn't the target of the raid, who wasn't found with drugs or guns on his body,  who was found in a home that probably wasn't his, along with 5 kids and 2 women (what if one of those kids were coming down the steps?) and no other males in the house; when that happens you have people coming out and trying to be legal-weasels and claim that:

"No no, well see you must understand that this here, this isn't MURDER.  This is MANSLAUGHTER.  This is the type of crime that someone should only ever do 2-10 years or so over because you know, these people didn't INTEND to harm or kill anyone."

Anyone espousing that sort of viewpoint, being semantically insidious in that way will suffer the consequences of their own "creative" play with words.

Of that I most certainly assure you.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Enlil] * 3
    #15935613 - 03/11/12 10:27 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

What do you mean by "never has been"?  All drugs were legal from 1776 until 1914.

OfflineSB-2
Innovator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15935812 - 03/11/12 11:26 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
I am a linguist.

You're a linguist? Nice to meet you, I'm Mickey Moose.

mur·der

Noun:
The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
Verb:
Kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.

You say you're a linguist, and you're arguing with me because you don't know what the hell a word means. If I were less tired I'd find a nice double facepalm pic to stick here.

Murder is a matter of intent, not a matter of action. Homicide is the action, murder is homicide with conscious intent. Not all homicides are murder, but all murders are homicides. Unless someone can prove he had intent to kill, your suggestion of punishment for murder is irrational and archaic. It doesn't matter how he was trained, who told him to do what, or how "militant" the police are. All of that is secondary to premeditated intent to kill by the offender. If anything, being trained to kill and working in the militant environment that you claim he does is a mitigating factor at sentencing.

You still haven't explained how you knew he had malicious intent to kill, still haven't provided any backup for your made up facts that I deconstructed, and you still haven't given me those quotes to show I said the things you claimed I did.

It's no use arguing with people like you. You'll dance from one argument to the next while never addressing critical flaws that others point out. Once you realize you're wrong on a point, you'll change the subject and start making more irrelevant analogies to support your cause. Every time I call you on your BS you won't explain yourself, you just start spouting the same thing in a different way. You probably get by with made up facts and straw-man arguments with most people, but it's not going to work here.

You're legally and logically wrong, and I'm not the only one that's pointed it out. This wasn't murder in semantic or legal terms, however much you want it to be. I can't understand why you want this guy to have killed a man on purpose so badly. You don't even have any evidence to support such a theory, and neither does anyone else. Your zealotry won't even let you consider another possibility because it doesn't fit your narrative that we live in a brutal police state where cops jerk off to shooting children.

Legally this was clear cut manslaughter unless new evidence is presented, and morally it was a terrible accident. If evidence arises that the killing was premeditated, then it becomes murder and I hope the guy rots in prison.

I get it. You have an enormous ego and think you're smarter than everyone else, probably because you took some college courses. If I had to guess, I'd say you're a 27 year woman old still hanging around their college town and going to militant feminist rallies. I'd also bet you're one of those people that took acid a few times and started thinking that you're enlightened and everyone else craves your knowledge and wisdom. I call this "The Keanu Reeves Complex".

Mr. Madison, your last post is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

--------------------

Edited by SB-2 (03/12/12 12:13 AM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15936396 - 03/12/12 05:04 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
If murder is strictly defined as "extra-legal killing", it becomes impossible to label state-sanctioned crimes as murder.  This is clearly not in the spirit of the word "murder".  It's why we speak of Nazis "murdering" Jews and Pol Pot "murdering" Cambodians.

Many extrapolations are made when responsibility or obligation is viewed as not being fulfilled.  Mao is spoken of as having "murdered" many Chinese during the Great Famine and the same is said of Japanese captors during the Bataan Death March.

As recently as the mid 2000s Saddam Hussein was tried and hung by an Iraq court for murder.

You're both either confused or missing the point.

I can find thousands of lexical references linking "murder" to the concept of "unjustified killing" or "immoral killing".

Manslaughter is a legal term used to distinguish one murder from another in an effort to "group" crimes and hand out "just" punishments based on groupings of facts and criteria.  Manslaughter is not an observed concept in all regions of the world.  "Murder" is a term that is present in many languages, conceptually representing "unjustified killing".

It's the reason why Christians refer to abortion as "murder" despite the QUITE OBVIOUS fact that abortion is legal.

I am a linguist.  You are both wrong.  Admit it; if to no one else, please admit it to yourselves.

That said, you can both say and believe whatever you want.  Breaking in to someone's house and shooting them to death under the pretenses of forcibly acquiring their property and subsequently kidnapping people in that home is murder lol.

You claim that the cop didn't "intend" to kill anyone.  What you're purposefully ignoring is the fact that police are not only trained to kill, but in the current climate have become militarized, and worse of all, almost never face responsibility for the crimes they've committed and the innocent lives they've taken.

Police go into the home of someone that isn't violent with guns drawn, fingers on the trigger and attack dogs and bullet proof vests fully prepared to shoot someone.  Police are constantly trained and drilled on how "dangerous" the "others" are and how ready they need to be to deploy their tazers or guns or fists and boots in order to elicit submission to the point of other human beings not moving and breathing anymore.

Then the police shoot someone.

Then they shoot someone to death.

Then someone claims that they didn't "intend" to shoot anyone to death.  That that wasn't the reason that they were there and that as such, their killing of a 20 year old man who again, wasn't the target of the raid, who wasn't found with drugs or guns on his body,  who was found in a home that probably wasn't his, along with 5 kids and 2 women (what if one of those kids were coming down the steps?) and no other males in the house; when that happens you have people coming out and trying to be legal-weasels and claim that:

"No no, well see you must understand that this here, this isn't MURDER.  This is MANSLAUGHTER.  This is the type of crime that someone should only ever do 2-10 years or so over because you know, these people didn't INTEND to harm or kill anyone."

Anyone espousing that sort of viewpoint, being semantically insidious in that way will suffer the consequences of their own "creative" play with words.

Of that I most certainly assure you.

Murder requires malice aforethought...what part of that is hard to understand?  Hitler, Pol Pot..they had malice aforethought...That is what makes murder, murder...

Where is the malice aforethought here?  You think the cop saw the guy and said, "ima kill this guy"...that is nonsense...as you said, he probably never even met the guy before. 

It's a tragic and horrible situation...of course your emotions are going to get riled up.  That's natural...but that doesn't mean you throw all logic out the window and lynch the guy like he was manson.

By your definition, anyone who drives a car negligently and hits someone is guilty of murder...that is simply nonsense...

Bible thumpers call abortion "murder" as rhetorical hyperbole...just like you are...that doesn't make it murder.

You can make up personal meanings to any word you want, but as a linguist, I would expect you to understand that unless words have meaning, they are pointless.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15936417 - 03/12/12 05:23 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Enlil said:

What do you mean by "never has been"?  All drugs were legal from 1776 until 1914.

This isn't because there was some right to put whatever you want in your body.  This is more a product of lack of information.  Many toxic and dangerous substances were simply not known at the time.  Others were known but people weren't using them in numbers large enough to attract attention.  As more information (and misinformation) about drugs became available, drug laws started to pop up.

Opium was illegal in some states as early as 1875.  Unpasteurized milk was made illegal in the 19th century as well. 

Sodomy was illegal in every state (and punishable by death in some) from the beginning of our country.  If people had a right to control over their bodies, such laws could not stand.  Indeed, those laws were overturned by the supreme court in Lawrence V. Texas (2003), citing a "right to privacy."

We have yet to see a "right to control of one's body" be defined...It probably will come in time...

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Edited by Enlil (03/12/12 06:10 AM)

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: [LA] Unarmed 20 year old man fatally shot during marijuana raid in New Orleans [Re: Enlil] * 2
    #15936750 - 03/12/12 08:43 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Living is easy with eyes closed.

Enjoy your stay, gentlemen.

--------------------

OfflineSB-2
Innovator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15937179 - 03/12/12 11:04 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
Living is easy with eyes closed.

Learned from experience.

Quote:

Humility said:
"You are both wrong.  Admit it; if to no one else, please admit it to yourselves."

...and now we won't ever get answers to our questions about what the word murder ACTUALLY means from our trusty linguist friend, "Humility".

--------------------

Edited by SB-2 (03/12/12 11:15 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom