Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
netflix vs hulu+
    #15933850 - 03/11/12 03:46 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

So it's finally come to the point where I have milked all the free streaming sites for what they're worth. Most of the security for free tv-show/movie links have cracked down and everything seems to be turning to netflix or hulu to protect their copyrights.

I know I can probably DL any show/movie I want via torrents but I'd rather spend $8 a month for unlimited access than waste a bunch of time DLing everything(I work too much).

So the question is, which database has more to offer the consumer? Hulu+ or Netflix?

Any and all biases are welcome. Thank you.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeefcakemighty
Carpetshark
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midgar
Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #15933857 - 03/11/12 03:48 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Idk much about hulu but  netflix works out great for me. I got that shit on instant demand for PS3. If I don't see some on netflix then I just bootleg it.

--------------------
"Hospitality is my house, That a traveler shall share, Warm meal on a hearth And my last horn of mead"

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

Loc: Jamaica
Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: Beefcakemighty]
    #15933882 - 03/11/12 03:54 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

ah I figure I could pirate everything anyway I'm thinking about canceling netflix.

--------------------

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: Mafeki]
    #15933939 - 03/11/12 04:08 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

does hulu have more recent shows or something? I have a few friends with netflix and it seems like they don't really have everything, especially the more popular abc, nbc, or scifi shows..

--------------------

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

#15933970 - 03/11/12 04:15 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

There's nothing I really like about netflix. They have TV series but it might take them a year to later to get the current season up. There selection is limited and even more limited for there streaming services. I wouldn't suggest it and there interface that's supposed to select movies you'll like and such isn't that good either.

--------------------

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #15933991 - 03/11/12 04:20 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Hulu+ is a joke IMO, they have a few TV shows and movies that netflix doesnt because they are willing to pay a premium to whoever owns the material

But netflix has a much larger library and IMO, better movies. Most of the shit on Hulu are B movies that were never in theatres for a reason lol. Netflix has tons of great shit you can stream. a lot of REALLY good TV shows like Breaking Bad and Prison Break... They always have like 5 quentin tarantino movies and they always change which i love.

so yeah, netflix IMO.(although not really IMO, netflix just straight up takes it no contest)

Quote:

Mafeki said:
There's nothing I really like about netflix. They have TV series but it might take them a year to later to get the current season up. There selection is limited and even more limited for there streaming services. I wouldn't suggest it and there interface that's supposed to select movies you'll like and such isn't that good either.

Hulu has all of these problems x 10. I dunno maybe you're just extremely picky about movies but i use netflix for at least a few hours every day and i like almost all of the stuff it reccomends me.

But yeah netflix does usually lack the most up to date season of a show if it was just released/finished recently. But when that happens i just go to www.thepiratepay.org or demonoid.me and problem solved

Edited by Adolin (03/11/12 04:21 PM)

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: Adolin]
    #15934019 - 03/11/12 04:25 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I've had Netflix for two years I didn't used to feel this way and I loved it. I still like the instant streaming if they they have what I want for the time it takes to deliver which isn't that long but I can still pirate what I want in less time. So it comes down for me there instant selection which most people will agree is very limited. Why waste the money for something you don't really need?

--------------------

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #15934080 - 03/11/12 04:38 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Mafeki said:
I've had Netflix for two years I didn't used to feel this way and I loved it. I still like the instant streaming if they they have what I want for the time it takes to deliver which isn't that long but I can still pirate what I want in less time. So it comes down for me there instant selection which most people will agree is very limited. Why waste the money for something you don't really need?

You say its limited but its the largest library of streaming entertainment films that exists. I don't think most people will agree instant selection is limited at all, its only limited if you are the kind of person who only wants to watch particular movies, and then goes and gets mad when netflix doesnt have it available to stream right when you wanna watch it.(gosh then it takes a whole 20 minutes to pirate)

And i don't count the websites that have shitty quality streams that load half way and stop working 72 minutes and are really low res....

I personally have only used their instant streaming service...I thought it was awesome when they separated the instant streaming and DVD order pamyents. now its only 7.99 and i have thousands... upon THOUSANDS... of movies and documentaries to watch.
There is no point in paying twice as much just so i can order a DVD and wait 3 days to watch a movie i don't even feel like watching anymore

But yeah... not to sound so defensive or anything, netflix is just really beat up on a lot for no reason so i defend it whenever i can.

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #15934105 - 03/11/12 04:45 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

for xbox and ps3 users of netflix. . . .when searching for "watch now" or "instant play" the selection is much much larger on the website via cpu, than what is shown via xboxlive or psn. you can add from the cpu and they will be on your console when you log back in

took me a while to realize that :wow:

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

#15934171 - 03/11/12 05:02 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

You must be willing to watch whatever shitty movie comes your way. Netflix failed to caption streaming video library, and that Netflix misled deaf and hard of hearing customers In June 2011, the National Association of the Deaf filed a lawsuit against Netflix for not providing closed captioning on all of its Watch Instantly movies. It still doesn't have closed caption...

It doesn't have The Lion King, Goonies. Kids movies I know but those are the first ones I can think of not to mention the countless others. The Last Chase isn't even available for their mailing service yet I can go to TPB request it being uploaded and it does within an hour and I have it the same day. Netflix is obsolete with TPB you can get anything and everything even TV shows that came out the same day. It is a waste of money and I don't know how you could say otherwise.

EDIT~ The Salton Sea is the most recent movie I've been disappointed in them not having.

--------------------

OfflineBeefcakemighty
Carpetshark
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midgar
    #15934220 - 03/11/12 05:14 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

Mafeki said:

You say its limited but its the largest library of streaming entertainment films that exists. I don't think most people will agree instant selection is limited at all, its only limited if you are the kind of person who only wants to watch particular movies, and then goes and gets mad when netflix doesnt have it available to stream right when you wanna watch it.(gosh then it takes a whole 20 minutes to pirate)

And i don't count the websites that have shitty quality streams that load half way and stop working 72 minutes and are really low res....

I personally have only used their instant streaming service...I thought it was awesome when they separated the instant streaming and DVD order pamyents. now its only 7.99 and i have thousands... upon THOUSANDS... of movies and documentaries to watch.
There is no point in paying twice as much just so i can order a DVD and wait 3 days to watch a movie i don't even feel like watching anymore

But yeah... not to sound so defensive or anything, netflix is just really beat up on a lot for no reason so i defend it whenever i can.

Agree, and if it's not on netflix I just boot it.

--------------------
"Hospitality is my house, That a traveler shall share, Warm meal on a hearth And my last horn of mead"

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #15934275 - 03/11/12 05:28 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Mafeki said:
You must be willing to watch whatever shitty movie comes your way. Netflix failed to caption streaming video library, and that Netflix misled deaf and hard of hearing customers In June 2011, the National Association of the Deaf filed a lawsuit against Netflix for not providing closed captioning on all of its Watch Instantly movies. It still doesn't have closed caption...

It doesn't have The Lion King, Goonies. Kids movies I know but those are the first ones I can think of not to mention the countless others. The Last Chase isn't even available for their mailing service yet I can go to TPB request it being uploaded and it does within an hour and I have it the same day. Netflix is obsolete with TPB you can get anything and everything even TV shows that came out the same day. It is a waste of money and I don't know how you could say otherwise.

EDIT~ The Salton Sea is the most recent movie I've been disappointed in them not having.

First off idk where you suddenly pulled the topic of netflix not having closed captions from... i'm personnaly not deaf and neither is 99% of the rest of the world. Last time i checked librarys arent required to have versions of Brail for every single book for the odd blind guy that walks in.

Netflix does not own the Lion King or The Goonies, they are owned by some other legal entity who is not willing to sell the streaming rights to netflix. Its not Netflix's fault, It is the owner of the intellectual property who won't let netflix stream it because they won't make as much money from other sources who want rights to do things with The Lion king... and the goonies... god what a terrible movie that is lol

There are people who just buy up intellectual property and sit on it and only use it to make the most money they possibly can. This is what prevents netflix from just streaming everything...

And TPB does not make netflix obselete, they both provide very different services... apples and oranges... I like netflix because it is up 99.99% of the time(TPB is not even close, TPB actually goes down for hours at a time on a regular basis). Every movie on netflix has reviews by users(and you can add your own reviews) which is nice, many people spend a lot of their time writing fully detailed reviews of movies.
I could list differences between TPB and netflix all day as they are just completely different services and one does not make the other obselete, they simply coexist with different functions.

and Wow i hit the nail right on the head when i said this lol

Quote:

, its only limited if you are the kind of person who only wants to watch particular movies, and then goes and gets mad when netflix doesnt have it available to stream right when you wanna watch it.(gosh then it takes a whole 20 minutes to pirate)

and I am not willing to watch whatever 'shitty' movie comes my way, i have a huge list of thousands of thousands of movies and docs available to me at all times, i can pick whatever one of those thousands and thousands of movies i want to watch. You make it sound like netflix picks one random movie and makes you sit doesn and watch it lol

Netflix just has so many movies that making the statement of a limited library or having only shitty movies is just straight up ignorant, Sounds more like most people who say netflix has a limited library actually just have shitty limited tastes in movies.

Edited by Adolin (03/11/12 05:30 PM)

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
    #15934303 - 03/11/12 05:36 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Netflix has PLENTY of good movies and tv shows.

You can get a one month free trial of both. Just check them out.

https://signup.netflix.com/home?country=1&rdirfdc=true
https://hulu.com/plus/

:thumbup:

edit: Hulu is actually only a one week trial.

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Edited by shadyy (03/11/12 07:16 PM)

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: shadyy]
    #15934445 - 03/11/12 06:22 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

i like hulu, because netflix is ugly.  I used to have netflix but it was only good for documentaries.
netflix has better documentaries than hulu.

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: teamkiller]
    #15934460 - 03/11/12 06:25 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I have netflix. It's fucking awesome.... whoever said Netflix sucks is stupid there are soooooo many choices to chose from. I don't even know where to begin. The documentaries are awesome, they have epic movies, epic tv series...

It doesn't have everything but that is to be expected. It DOES have most things though and if it isn't on there, just bootleg it.

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

#15934619 - 03/11/12 07:07 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Dude you're pretty gay. There's nothing here I'm saying isn't true, Netflix does suck. You can use TPB to pirate movies free, Netflix charges you and doesn't have nearly as many movies I don't know if you use Netflix for toilet paper or anything else but when it comes to watching movies TPB is better therefore makes paying for a Netflix subscription redundant. Why pay for something you can get free? Netflix might have movie reviews but who doesn't look up a movie on IMDB before they watch it anyway?

TPB and IMDB provides the services you mentioned free and better. TPB may be down but you can always look at a Google Cache or some other torrent site. Netflix doesn't even have Half their movies available for instant watch. There library may be large and might have some good movies but it still is limited even TPB is limited I just think it doesn't provide a good enough service for me to want to just keep paying for it when I don't need to. So yes in my opinion Netflix is obsolete. Tell me what movie you can get on Netflix and can't by pirating it I can show you several movies you can't stream from Netflix and a few that isn't even available for shipping. Say what you will this does speak volumes and does make Netflix redundant.

Netflix isn't a charity and I have no need to support them, they're a business and if they want my money they have to step it up.

--------------------

OfflinelemonSqueezer
FaceTaker
Male

Loc: BFI
Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: Uzziel]
    #15934642 - 03/11/12 07:13 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

netflix doesnt update enough

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
Re: netflix vs hulu+ [Re: lemonSqueezer]
    #15934649 - 03/11/12 07:16 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Dude you're pretty gay. There's nothing here I'm saying isn't true, Netflix does suck. You can use TPB to pirate movies free, Netflix charges you and doesn't have nearly as many movies I don't know if you use Netflix for toilet paper or anything else but when it comes to watching movies TPB is better therefore makes paying for a Netflix subscription redundant. Why pay for something you can get free? Netflix might have movie reviews but who doesn't look up a movie on IMDB before they watch it anyway?

TPB and IMDB provides the services you mentioned free and better. TPB may be down but you can always look at a Google Cache or some other torrent site. Netflix doesn't even have Half their movies available for instant watch. There library may be large and might have some good movies but it still is limited even TPB is limited I just think it doesn't provide a good enough service for me to want to just keep paying for it when I don't need to. So yes in my opinion Netflix is obsolete. Tell me what movie you can get on Netflix and can't by pirating it I can show you several movies you can't stream from Netflix and a few that isn't even available for shipping. Say what you will this does speak volumes and does make Netflix redundant.

Netflix isn't a charity and I have no need to support them, they're a business and if they want my money they have to step it up.

Good point i guess they both do give you those 2 things i mentioned, or whatever, i'm kinda high right now.

your post still is a pretty redundant pointless lame reply. Netflix is worth 7.99 a month it is practically free for how confvinient it is. At the rate i view movies i would be downloading gigs of data and that would eventually lead to letters from the internet provider from those gay ass anti-p2p companies, even though i use peerblock and shit it still happens when i do it a lot. i still get away with occassionnalyy downloading large games and 60gb tv series but still its impracticall to use TPB if you are an avid movie watcher. netflix is just too convinient compaired to TPB

but yeah you didnt further your arguement against netflix with your post at all btw.. Netflix is still undeniably the best and most convinient service for anyone who wants to stream movies to their all the time.

i'll fucking back netflix up all day if anyone can make an actual  arguement. going back to watching "Meet The Feebles" now, crazy ass fucking movie btw. funny enough its not on netflix, i had to torrent it. it took like 9 minutes lol.

:tardpig:
Quote:

lemonSqueezer said:
netflix doesnt update enough

what are you talking about. they cycle movies all the time. every day i'm pretty sure. If you mean they don't update the reccomendations enough, its because your not watching enough movies.

Edited by Adolin (03/11/12 07:18 PM)

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

#15934698 - 03/11/12 07:28 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

You can say my reply was pointless but I'm just trying to tell people the way I look at it. Downloading movies has never been an issue for me and I don't even use peer block. Whatever though Ill probably cancel this month and I can't suggest anyone paying for it.

--------------------

InvisibleLySergic D
Drink all day and rock all night
Male User Gallery

#15934715 - 03/11/12 07:31 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Ive had free netflix for a few years. I guess that works for me the best.:shrug:

--------------------

Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder