Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden
    #15907583 - 03/06/12 04:40 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

not sure why.... I don't think it's lactose intolerance, as I usually drink like at least a half gallon of milk a day, eat lots of cheese and it's never been an issue, ever.

I almost always take it with water...

I drink it slow...

I usually only use half a serving size...

2 days ago it didn't happen... in fact I actually slammed one back in about a 15 minute time frame, with milk, hung over, with no issues at all (2 scoops, 35 grams protein)

but earlier today, 1 scoop added to roughly 15 ozs water sipped over the course of an hour gave some of the worst stomach cramps I've ever had... just made another one after work to see if it would have the same effects, and sure enough I'm a quarter of the way through a 15 oz glass and my stomach is killing me...

wtf is up with that??... is this normal?... I've never had a problem during years of daily use :shrug:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Edited by LuSiD9 (03/06/12 04:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsychotropicwhale
Cetacean

Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15907656 - 03/06/12 05:34 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

What kind of protein powder are you drinking?  What brand?

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: psychotropicwhale]
    #15907865 - 03/06/12 07:30 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:
What kind of protein powder are you drinking?  What brand?

Thats also what I was thinking.

I would avoid that body building promo protein. It has so much crap in it including creatine.

Creatine is known to cause cramps and stomach issues.

Try pureprotein. They sell it at walmart and it doesnt have any creatine.

If you are looking for a more micronized protein without creatine then GNC is your best bet. The more micronized the powder the more effective and costly it will be.

If you are coming off creatine you should prepare for it in your workout routine. You will notice loss of strength and power so be prepared, have spotters, and maybe even back down a little. Creatine takes 4-5 weeks to leave your system totally.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: XUL]
    #15907879 - 03/06/12 07:35 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I switched protein powders a couple years ago to this cheap brand and I started getting cramps and diarrhea.

I thought I was becoming lactose intolerant, but I switched brands to "Gold Standard 100% Whey" and haven't switched brands since.

--------------------

Cetacean

Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: XUL]
    #15907897 - 03/06/12 07:40 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

A study came out a year or two ago showing that some of the more popular ones had high levels of arsenic and other nastiness in them.  I would avoid the ones with artificial sweeteners as well (that includes most of them).

This is the one that I would recommend.

--------------------

Cetacean

Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: Big Worm]
    #15907900 - 03/06/12 07:40 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Big Worm said:
I switched protein powders a couple years ago to this cheap brand and I started getting cramps and diarrhea.

I thought I was becoming lactose intolerant, but I switched brands to "Gold Standard 100% Whey" and haven't switched brands since.

Exactly.  I'm pretty sure that artificial sweeteners give people gastrointestinal distress.

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: psychotropicwhale]
    #15907936 - 03/06/12 07:52 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:
A study came out a year or two ago showing that some of the more popular ones had high levels of arsenic and other nastiness in them.  I would avoid the ones with artificial sweeteners as well (that includes most of them).

Do you happen to have a link to that study?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

#15907943 - 03/06/12 07:55 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:

Ya that's the exact brand I use, except that mine doesn't say Natural.  Same brand though and everything.  It is the best.

Arsenic though?  haha god damn.  I know they can get away with not putting individual ingredients in them by saying Proprietary Blend though.

But why would a company put shit like that in their products?  I don't get it.

--------------------

Cetacean

#15907946 - 03/06/12 07:56 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Muscle milk was the biggest offender.  Link to a synopsis from the CR article

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

#15908002 - 03/06/12 08:11 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:
Muscle milk was the biggest offender.  Link to a synopsis from the CR article

Thank you sir.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15909778 - 03/06/12 04:23 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I'm in a rush, but I'm using 'exact' brand... it has dextrose and sucralose...

I've been using this brand and flavor for about a month, no issues until yesterday

I am taking creatine, have been for around a year, it's never caused any GI issues though... and I don't take it with the whey

gotta run though, I'll check back in after work... I'm gonna try drinking this shit one more time, if it gives me cramps like that again, I'm tossing it :tongue:

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: whey protein shakes giving me WICKED stomach cramps all of a sudden [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15912595 - 03/07/12 04:41 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

hmm... all good today

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Kratom Powder For Sale