Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinebernzOmatic
Stranger

rye berries bulk grow
    #15829837 - 02/18/12 10:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

how yall doing i came here a while back and got tons of info from yall with help on brf cakes and have had outstanding results but i wana step it up and need some input

iam using rye berries and iam all set to go but i need help with what to use for casing i wanted to do a bulk plastic tote tub grow so if anyone as any ideas or personal experiences please please give me a holler ive been looking around for info but its been hard to find anything with real relevance. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: rye berries bulk grow [Re: bernzOmatic]
    #15829866 - 02/18/12 10:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Casing cubes is a waste of time.  Spawn to manure/straw/coir and skip the casing

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

OfflinebernzOmatic
Stranger

Re: rye berries bulk grow [Re: truskool]
    #15829877 - 02/18/12 10:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ive heard to do it that way but i really didnt want to go with manure is there any other ways to go and get great fungus

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #15829883 - 02/18/12 10:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sure fuck manure use coir I prefer it its nice and easy
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11916595

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#15829888 - 02/18/12 10:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Go with a mono tub. Try a search and you'll find several different teks. Basically, pick your substrate. The easiest is coir, some like manure. You'll do your fully colonized spawn (wild bird seed, PF cakes, rye) and mix them with your pasteurized substrate in a single (mono) tub. with holes for air exchange. It's sort of a set it and forget it setup. Like he said, doing a monotub doesn't require casing.

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

OfflineSparkit
Sir Ravesalot
Male

Loc: The states Flag
    #15829901 - 02/18/12 10:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bernzOmatic said:
how yall doing i came here a while back and got tons of info from yall with help on brf cakes and have had outstanding results but i wana step it up and need some input

iam using rye berries and iam all set to go but i need help with what to use for casing i wanted to do a bulk plastic tote tub grow so if anyone as any ideas or personal experiences please please give me a holler ive been looking around for info but its been hard to find anything with real relevance. thanks

Are you from Texas by chance? Just curious with your abundant use of "ya'lls".

--------------------
All posts are 100% fictional in nature, and are for the express purpose of amusing the poster. Any correct knowledge pertaining to the subject is purely coincidental.

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#15829905 - 02/18/12 10:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Find Damien's 50/50 coir for monotubs.

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

OfflinebernzOmatic
Stranger

Re: rye berries bulk grow [Re: elkart]
    #15829926 - 02/18/12 10:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hell ya thanks man i been lookin for a while about it guess i should have came here first iam printin this shit out right now lol

i wish i was from texas it wouldnt be so fuckin cold out lol

Edited by bernzOmatic (02/24/12 05:07 PM)

OfflineFredrickuno
Waiting 4 something extrondinary
 User Gallery

Loc: Mexico Flag
    #15862778 - 02/25/12 05:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm on the same boat,
But I think I'll be using 2 trays in each Monotub
so I can switch them out easily/reduce Chance
Of contaminates.

OfflineMativa
OId Shadow
Male

Re: rye berries bulk grow [Re: Fredrickuno]
    #15862918 - 02/25/12 06:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not to try and cause confusion, but from my experience a casing layer on cubes is very beneficial. Further proof is stated in

"The Mushroom Cultivator;A practical guild to growing mushrooms at home by Paul Stamets and J.S Chilton" in reference to Psilocybe cubensis pg.198 "Type of Casing:After fully run,cover with the standard casing whose preparation is described in Chapter VIII. Layer to a depth of 1-2 inches. The casing should be balanced to an initial pH of 6.8-7.2"

Pg.128 second paragraph"In all species where the use of a casing has been indicated as optional, yields are clearly enhanced with the application of one."

Psilocybe cubensis are marked as optional. So as a casing is not NEEDED it is recommended to increase yield on bulk grows.

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
Re: rye berries bulk grow [Re: Mativa]
    #15862939 - 02/25/12 06:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A light casing of 60/40 verm/coir will do wonders on improving your number of flushes up to 5 or so, usually you get 2-3 uncased.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: rye berries bulk grow [Re: truskool]
    #15863095 - 02/25/12 07:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

truskool said:
Casing cubes is a waste of time.  Spawn to manure/straw/coir and skip the casing

This is incorrect.  A casing layer applied over a bed of colonized rye berries can give very nice results.  Contrary to the 25 year old advice in TMC, experience has shown it's best to keep the casing layer to 3/4" maximum and buffer to an initial pH of 8.

Quote:

Eywa_devotee said:
A light casing of 60/40 verm/coir will do wonders on improving your number of flushes up to 5 or so, usually you get 2-3 uncased.

There's no excuse for getting more than 2 flushes.  If one does, it proves he didn't follow proper pinning strategy.  If parameters are all lined up as they should be, then you'll get 90% or more of your total possible product in the first two flushes, often on the first.  After that, your fruiting area real estate is better utilized with a fresh substrate, rather than waste space trying to get that last 10%.  Spent substrates can be buried into a garden area or manure bed outdoors for additional product from time to time if the weather cooperates.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale