Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineWishing Well
toss me some gold
Female

Loc: spiraling
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: Vernus]
    #15863231 - 02/25/12 07:38 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Few weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a CD with 2 Barry Cooper vids on it, lots of tips for dealing with cops

Update: found his website
http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedurantz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: OGTubs] * 1
    #15863396 - 02/25/12 08:12 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

OGTubs said:
Quote:

durantz said:
KU5H I find your story quite disturbing.

I'm from Australia and our police are really chilled out. We don't even have a bill of rights in our constitution but this kind of thing doesn't really happen over here. Cops may search a car if they pull someone over for bad driving but I don't think they would go to the extreme lengths you described in your encounter for a broken tail light.

I'd like to hear from some other Americans on just how oppressive your police force is getting. I just keep hearing bad news coming from your country. Is it really that bad?

Are you kidding me? Try sending some beans to your house. Have fun with your local PD coming and searching your crib over some seeds. Australia has a much worse fascist streak going.

You may read horror stories, but our justice system works well for those who can afford a decent attorney. Assuming you don't get shot before you get booked :lol:

We like our 2nd amendment, gun rights come with a cost. :shrug:

I'm not sure what you mean by our "much worse fascist streak". If you mean that the police will search your home if they suspect you are engaging in illegal activity then I don't see a problem with that.

This is a far cry from them intimidating people into being searched when they are pulled over for speeding or broken tail lights.

You realise that your 2nd amendment is basically useless for the simple fact that you have no right to use the arms. Sure you can carry them around but if you use them you will be heavily punished. So I ask, what's the point in having the 2nd ammendment?

It may have made sense when the US government was small and you had no standing army. But honestly what can you do with your 2nd ammendent rights? Your police force is more heavily armed and well trained than most other countries military personnel. The weapons you have access to as civilians are basically as useful as a bow and arrow. You don't have anti tank weaponry, anti-aircraft weaponry, anti-naval weaponry, or missile defense weaponry. What will your pea shooters do other than make the beast angry?

OfflineWishing Well
toss me some gold
Female

Loc: spiraling
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: durantz]
    #15863519 - 02/25/12 08:37 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I got two things out of that vid AR posted:

Sell stolen stuff to Flea Markets not Pawn Shops

&

--------------------

Offlinemexicanjewlucas
sleep, save, blow stuff up
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: durantz]
    #15863642 - 02/25/12 09:00 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

durantz said:
KU5H I find your story quite disturbing.

I'm from Australia and our police are really chilled out. We don't even have a bill of rights in our constitution but this kind of thing doesn't really happen over here. Cops may search a car if they pull someone over for bad driving but I don't think they would go to the extreme lengths you described in your encounter for a broken tail light.

I'd like to hear from some other Americans on just how oppressive your police force is getting. I just keep hearing bad news coming from your country. Is it really that bad?

I'm in australia. I remember once being pulled over about 11:30pm because I was trying to pick frozen berries out of a plastic bag while driving, this caused me to swerve a little so they stopped me.

Right away they were assholes... I asked why I was pulled over and one of them said 'because your drunk and swerving' I let that go but it was said again I told them my reason for swerving and they laughed and said 'no your drunk'.

They then asked me to take a breath tester machine and I refused (its illegal to refuse a breath test) until they apologised for calling me drunk. They kept telling me that I was drunk or I wouldn't be trying to get out of taking the test. I pointed out I was refusing because they kept calling me drunk and i was sober.

I was thrown into the back of the police car in cuffs for 5 minute while I watched them search my car (without my permission). After they came back and told me we will arrest you if you don't take the breath test. I told them i would take it as soon as i got an apology for being called a drunk while i'm sober and their details so i could report them for an illegal search of my car. They said sorry (that felt really good) and i passed their test but they refused to give me their details. I was going to forget about the complaint.

They then told me my tires were bald (they were not) and gave me a yellow sticker (meaning i have to take the car to a government garage to make sure its road worthy) this took up a whole day for me.

I filed a complaint against the cop who wrote the car defect notice (his details were on that notice), nothing came of it because i assumed they thought i was pissed off about the defect notice and was trying to get back at the cop.

EDIT: Australia is just as bad as the USA, if you live in a white middle class area you won't have much toruble with the police, but if you live in a lower class area your not going to get treated the same. I'd really like to know what rights we have here for refusing to talk to police, i think we only need to provide our name to them after that we don't have to say anything but i'm not sure. I'd like to finish with an interesting fact very few australians know, australia does not have any law that grants us the right free speech.

--------------------
"We can get 2 birds stoned at once."

Edited by mexicanjewlucas (02/26/12 12:48 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #15865068 - 02/26/12 06:12 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

durantz said:
You realise that your 2nd amendment is basically useless for the simple fact that you have no right to use the arms.

Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinedurantz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15865081 - 02/26/12 06:19 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

durantz said:
You realise that your 2nd amendment is basically useless for the simple fact that you have no right to use the arms.

Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

what happened in Waco?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #15865086 - 02/26/12 06:25 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Things that shouldn't have.

Doesn't give validity to your statement.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineOGTubs
Stranger

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15865528 - 02/26/12 09:58 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Here is one mandating you insert a micro chip into your cat and spay/neuter them.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/10314948/new-cats-laws-fascistForceRecrawl/

Here is your inbred population banning booze on "australia day" (worst name for a holiday ever)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-20/changes-to-lopping-laws-in-sa/3785188
You people have to fight to cut down trees on your own property, lol

Having some ignorant cop harass you isn't as scary as it sounds. Cops are only one part of the criminal justice system, and they are by far the least important cog in the wheel. Judges and legislators are thousands of times more important when it comes to your rights. And your australian judges will write a warrant for anything. Because australians have no rights, :lol:

I think being in that country has twisted what a functioning legal system should look like in your mind. You have to prove some one is doing something criminal to fuck with them. Not just have a hunch

I don't know how it works over in nazi Australia. But no one respects cops here, not even judges. At least not where I'm from. And you have to have some evidence to go fucking with a private citizen if you don't want to get sued.

You'd think an island of convicts and misfits would be a little more liberal with their citizens rights.

Offlinemexicanjewlucas
sleep, save, blow stuff up
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: OGTubs]
    #15867824 - 02/26/12 08:49 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

OGTubs said:
Here is your inbred population banning booze on "australia day" (worst name for a holiday ever)

not exactly banning booze, every australia day there are thousands of people getting into drunk fights while watching the fire works shows in their area. all this does is make some area alcohol free zones so the families can enjoy the day/night without lots of drunk dickheads tripping over their picnic and shit like that. nothing about banning it, just zoning area where it can be drunk.

Quote:

OGTubs said:
I don't know how it works over in nazi Australia. But no one respects cops here, not even judges. At least not where I'm from. And you have to have some evidence to go fucking with a private citizen if you don't want to get sued.

the cops here are not worried about being sued because that just doesn't happen here. people don't sue others for every little thing so the cops know they can get away with almost anything.

--------------------
"We can get 2 birds stoned at once."

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: mexicanjewlucas]
    #15868020 - 02/26/12 09:28 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

We got back from a concert once abut 2 am, cops pull us over.  Little fatty pig with classes comes up, says, Im gonna search ....driver says what cause...but we were toking....cop opens door, finds bag, gives us big lecture, rolls up bag...sticks it in his pocket.  All the while his partner, a black guy, is sitting in the squad car rolling his eyes, because his knows this cop is a fool. 

He let's us go with a warning (Strange) so we go get some more pot, drive out to the desert to a place called 'New Orleans' where everyone gets stoned....we pass a blacked-out squad car...guess who.  Inside the squad car, a lighter is flickering on and off and there is an orange glow inside the squad car.... :mad2:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineOGTubs
Stranger

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15868064 - 02/26/12 09:40 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Its always the worst when they keep asking you for a hitter than you don't own.

Come on you fuckers, buy your own paraphernalia

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Agree to a Police Search (Even if You Have Nothing to Hide) [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15869430 - 02/27/12 07:42 AM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
We got back from a concert once abut 2 am, cops pull us over.  Little fatty pig with classes comes up, says, Im gonna search ....driver says what cause...but we were toking....cop opens door, finds bag, gives us big lecture, rolls up bag...sticks it in his pocket.  All the while his partner, a black guy, is sitting in the squad car rolling his eyes, because his knows this cop is a fool. 

He let's us go with a warning (Strange) so we go get some more pot, drive out to the desert to a place called 'New Orleans' where everyone gets stoned....we pass a blacked-out squad car...guess who.  Inside the squad car, a lighter is flickering on and off and there is an orange glow inside the squad car.... :mad2:

What, you would have rather been arrested? :shrug:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale