Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

quit antipsychotics cold turkey
    #15850992 - 02/23/12 06:57 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

quit antipsychotics cold turkey about a week ago.

last night i had the worst sleep so far. i've been taking .5 or less of ativan to help me sleep before bed and it's been working but i didn't take it last night

i've had stomache pains, an inability to take a real shit, and a very low appetite since i stopped taking them.

my feelings and emotions have returned to a much higher degree than when on the meds.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMr. Anderson
πριν από το χρόνο κάποιου
 User Gallery

Loc: Torn between the roots of...
Re: quit antipsychotics cold turkey [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15851008 - 02/23/12 07:17 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I had trouble sleeping and wasn't even on antipsychotic meds. I was taking 2mg ativan to sleep just 4-5 hrs. Glad such a low dose works for you. I may be crazier then I had earlier believed lol jk.

--------------------

Disclaimer: All posts are completely fictional and or for educational purposes only.

OfflineBundy
It's just words.

#15851495 - 02/23/12 10:47 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I've quit my anti-psychotics Soooooo many times.

Thank God for the back up benzo's i've been prescribed or I would NOT sleep.

I was insomniac before anti-psychotics ( and benzo's )

I lost 10 lbs in like 2 weeks dropping the anti-psychotics.

Unfortunatly for me, I need them. If not, I get crazy. Like MHU crazy.

BUT. I'm looking at a new job, and probably gonna try to quit again before hand, see if I can't force myself stable, and be back to "normal"

Good luck. The stomach pains are normal, so is the constapation. You probably aren't eating as much, so you aren't dumping as much. :thumb up:

Good vibes man, and good luck.

:japsmile:

--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Anonymous #1

Re: quit antipsychotics cold turkey [Re: Bundy]
    #15851503 - 02/23/12 10:49 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

thanks a lot man

i've gained 40 pounds in half a year on antipsychotics and i already look way skinnier a week later.

i've gotten pretty delusional i've actually conversated with you about our psychosis in other threads.

i'm just going to work out a ton whenever i'm feeling abnormal

best of luck to you

OfflineBundy
It's just words.

#15851534 - 02/23/12 10:58 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
thanks a lot man

i've gained 40 pounds in half a year on antipsychotics and i already look way skinnier a week later.

i've gotten pretty delusional i've actually conversated with you about our psychosis in other threads.

i'm just going to work out a ton whenever i'm feeling abnormal

best of luck to you

:lol: I don't know who you are cause I've talked to a lot of people about my psychosis, but either way, good luck.

I remember when I first was diagnosed I was put on Zyprexa. It felt like I had the munchies ALL DAY. It was a hunger I couldn't get passed and I ate, and ate, and ate.

I went from 180 to 230. Shit pissed me off. ( thankfully I'm 6 foot 3 so 230 doesn't look bad on me, but fuck man. )

I'm gonna stay on mine until after the interview. After the interview regardless I'm going to drop them. Fuck it.

--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Anonymous #1

Re: quit antipsychotics cold turkey [Re: Bundy]
    #15851598 - 02/23/12 11:19 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

good luck

i feel like i've been getting brain shocks. like really brief headaches

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15854184 - 02/23/12 08:53 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Yo OP, what anti-psychotics were you on?  I'm trying to get off Zyprexa.  I feel completely brain-dead.  Like I'm here but I'm not really aware..if you know what I mean.  I am pretty much asexual right now and I need to fix that.

Protip:  Anti-psychotics will eventually shrink your balls.

--------------------

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15855212 - 02/23/12 11:56 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

being able to successfully get off antipsychotics requires major lifestyle changes beforehand and i mean major.  all antipsychotics do is completely sedate the brain and exacerbate one of the problems schizophrenics have which is the brains inability to properly use glucose.  there are other issues too and then there is generally one or more underlying health issues involved but insulin signalling is a very big issue and they knew this ever since they had imaging techniques that show the brain using glucose but they never put two and two together up until recently and shit like this can take decades to be fully embraced yet many MD's and researchers put two and two together decades ago!!! the fucking irony...  look at the thread i just put up on the use of high powered magnetic pulses curing untreatable depression.  they made their initial discovery back in 1996 and published a paper in 1998 and it was only up until recently that it has been finally approved by the FDA.  some researchers believe it works because the magnetic fields heal the inflammation causing insulin resistance while others just say they don't know why it works but it just works...

this may seem unrelated but it's a worthy story to tell... years ago i became very good friends with my friend Patrick... he's a professional guitarist and composer who teaches music at a major university in Pennsylvania... long before he became ill we used to jam a lot and he use to play out a lot at his wife's coffee house and other gigs and he developed this serious issue with carpel tunnels in both wrists.  at the time i had heard this interview of this guy who claimed his book could teach you how to use rare earth magnets to cure pain, so i ordered it and wee applied the magnets as specified placing north pole facing inward here and south pole facing inward there, a total of three magnets per wrist. the were neodymium magnets about the size of a quarter and about an eight of an inch thick... i taped the to his wrists using medical tape and he was not only capable of playing throughout the evening by sleeping with them on through the night he experienced very little pain the following day, so he continued to use them.  years later i became ill, he stood by me during the time he lived here before he moved to Pennsylvania to live in Philly and eventually we lost touch due to me, not his attempts to remain in contact...  the illness just tripped me over so completely i remember thinking he was against me at one point and never responded to his emails from that point on...  you know, the paranoia thingie...  it took time for me to reach out to him again after i recovered from so called mental illness... i was purging old emails and came across the only email i had saved from him and it was one that simply said 'if you ever decide you want to talk with me i'll be here for you...  here's my new email address... take care of yourself Kensho"  this is exactly what it says, i just read it...

anyway, i immediately sent him an email and he responded in less then a half an hour with a what's up dude! how are you? blah blah blah...  he told me about skype and eventually we did the skype thing for the first time once i got set up and one night we were shooting the shit and he brings up the magnets and tells me what a life saver they were to his career... he had special wrist bands made out of durable fabric and velcro and had the very same magnets i used the first night installed so that he could quickly slip them on and the magnets would align on the locations the book said to... as a matter of fact he said all of the magnets still have the happy face stickers i used to identify north pole with! :lol: why did i tell you this story? because it demonstrates that the magnetic field the magnets create seem to completely reduce inflammation of the carpel tunnel which is why i tend to buy into some of the researchers claiming the strong magnetic pulses from the device in my thread may heal insulin signalling of the part of the brain affected that controls mood... if i had to try and describe what insulin signalling problem of specific areas of the brain are it's like diabetes of specific areas of the brain and the medications make it worse because when you gain weight from them it involves issues with insulin signalling... this is exactly why people on antipsychotics become diabetics, especially zyprexa!!! if you've gained 30-50 pounds while on an anti psychotic i can guarantee you you are at the very least prediabetic and well on your way to developing type 2 diabetes... one way to tell is to have your MD do a glucose fasting test... allopathic medicine says if you're above 100 you're prediabetic already but progressive integrative/alternative ACAM/NCCAM MD's say the number is actually lower like 90, should be the threshold...  most but not all antipsychotic users are overweight and this is no accident... they are hormone disruptors among other things... 

i just had a series of heart tests done due to arrythemia issues that recently developed.  nothing deadly but i could feel it when it was happening and a nuclear test showed my heart wall thickness increased on the left side compared to results they recorded years ago in order to keep track of mitral valve prolapse i was born with and guess what i just discovered???  ssri's are being linked to this problem in over 45% of the men on ssri's...  how fucked up is this shit?  what else do these fucking poisons do to us?  i've been looking into if there has been any action taken against the manufacturers yet and made an appointment to meet with my pdoc march first to talk with him about this shit...  it takes decades to fully understand the implications of being on these meds and in the meantime we're fucking walking lab rats... i was on a number of ssri's but the vast majority of that time spent was on paxil at 60mg and paxil has tripped many people over...

yeah, if you really expect to quite medications you have to do it right or psychosis will always catch up with you in the long haul... there have been cases of complete remission without any intervention but this is very rare, this requires commitment on your part.  we're talking about the rest of your life here man and some people just don't fucking get it i found, you can talk with them till you're blue in the face and get nowhere and i've come to the simple conclusion it's simply because they are mentally ill!!!  how the fuck can i expect an individual to make major changes in their lifestyle when a "normal" person can't do it!!!  it's a vicious cycle...

K~~~ :psychsplit:

Offlinecircastes
Come, join us...
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: quit antipsychotics cold turkey [Re: cateyes]
    #15855277 - 02/24/12 12:13 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Did you have abnormal dreams? My dreams got seriously farrrked up when going on/off Abilify. And yeah they will screw with your consciousness and blunt emotions, something the doctor will never understand because they've never taken them...

--------------------
The universe is a puzzle, life is a problem to be solved, it's a conundrum, it's not what it appears to be. There are doors, there are locks and keys, there are levels, and if you get it right, somehow it will give way to something extremely unexpected.
:psychsplit:
Nobody understands what is happening. The best guesses are lies, you can be sure of it.
t.mckenna

OfflineInTiMiDaToRdInO
D1N0
Male User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
Re: quit antipsychotics cold turkey [Re: circastes]
    #15855334 - 02/24/12 12:26 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quitting cold turkey isn't the best thing imo its better to wean off them. Also try natural Melatonin pills for sleep, I have a hard time sleeping and benadryl doesn't work but I take 1.5mg of Melatonin and I'm out in a matter of time.

Much healthier than any other pill imo since its just a drug your body uses for sleep anyways

--------------------
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.:.TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15855362 - 02/24/12 12:32 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Did you have abnormal dreams? My dreams got seriously farrrked up when going on/off Abilify. And yeah they will screw with your consciousness and blunt emotions, something the doctor will never understand because they've never taken them...

I don't even have awareness.  I might as well be dead cause I already feel dead.:feelsbadman:  I feel like a robot with no free will.  All my decisions are decided in my subconscious.  I don't even know who I am anymore.

--------------------

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15855381 - 02/24/12 12:35 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

i think requiring a PDOC to use any drug they are going to prescribe for at least 6 months should be a prerequisite to prescribing antipsychotics.... if they do this only 5-105 of the prescriptions being written will be written and only those will be written because the PDOCS writing them are masochists who enjoy suffering so much they'll think everybody digs the brain dead feeling!

and this sucks refferaddict...  i feel for you and fully understand where you're coming from...

Kensho :psychsplit:

Anonymous #1

Re: quit antipsychotics cold turkey [Re: cateyes]
    #15900244 - 03/04/12 07:49 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

so i've been off them two weeks now. totally fine, was on them for a total of like 6 months.

i was on zyprexa and risperidone.

only thing is at night i've been having weird psychic experiences.

no delusions though,

my dreams are way more realistic than they were

but all in all i'm glad i quit

the side effects ARE NOT WORTH IT

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being