Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecinic

I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems?
    #15837706 - 02/20/12 01:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well i have never had any problems
with my teeth. Never had a cavity,
no fillinds, my teeth have been straight,
I brush and floss all the time. My wisdom
teeth came in just fine.

On the bottom row of my teeth at the front
i just felt this little hole on the back of it
it does not hurt or anything, but it just got there.
I am only 24 and am having a breakdown because first
its one cavity and next im one of those toothless
morons... I googled the systems and I am pretty sure it is
a cavity in the early stages. Said to get it filled in
and checked out pretty soon...
I am terrified of mouth and teeth trouble..

Anyone have any experience in this?

I feel like my life is over and i'm going to
be toothless like some back wood fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrANce
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: cinic]
    #15837714 - 02/20/12 01:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

poor baby:superiority:

--------------------

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: trANce]
    #15837739 - 02/20/12 01:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Have 4 back cavities atm and and a root canal that needs a crown with one back tooth decayed and needing to get pulled. Im in pretty shitty pain often over them since I cant afford to have them worked on, but its cool I just smoke weed and eat kratom for the pain. Cheaper then the dentist, fucking charging me out the ass even with medical insurance.

Op dont be such a pussy, Ive slept with a rag clenched between my jaws so I could bite through the pain in my sweet sweet dreams.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: cinic]
    #15837777 - 02/20/12 01:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

With a white filling you won't even remember where the cavity was, they fix that up real nicely nowadays, no silvery mercury or anything.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinecinic

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #15837785 - 02/20/12 01:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i  was hopin
to save off the mouth problems until
atleast 40

how much is it to get one done?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#15838109 - 02/20/12 03:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Shop around for a dentist, it can make a huge difference where you have it done. I have more filling than tooth (though I still have all of em) so one lil cavity won't mess you up, itrs not like you have endstage lung cancer.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #15838148 - 02/20/12 03:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cinic said:
I feel like my life is over

If getting a cavity makes you feel like that how are you going to handle it when you grow up and have to deal with real problems?

--------------------

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Asante]
    #15838154 - 02/20/12 03:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm shocked this would upset someone so much.  It's just a little cavity.  You're gonna get them no matter how great your dental hygiene is.  You aren't gonna lose any teeth as long as you take care of them and have regular dental work to correct problems as they arise.

I'd hate to see you when your eyesight starts getting bad or you get a sunburn :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineOthyem
Male

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Asante]
    #15838155 - 02/20/12 03:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

As Wiccan said shop around and you should get a pretty good price. Also, as others have said one cavity isn't that big of a deal.

Invisibleextreme
Male

#15838165 - 02/20/12 03:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

my teeth were golden until a year or two ago - then i got like 3 cavities and a bunch being watched.  also need my wisdom teeth pulled

i could brush my teeth more and floss better but i'm kinda lazy sometimes

but cavity =/= LIFE OVER

it only sucks when they stick the numb needle in your gums, hurts a bit, or at least is really uncomfortable.

never broken a bone though, so it's kewl

a cavity is not the end of the world (3 at the same time is though) :wink:

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: extreme]
    #15838298 - 02/20/12 03:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

extreme said:
  also need my wisdom teeth pulled

DO NOT GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH PULLED. The dentist I went to for my root canal told me wisdom teeth extractions are both unnecessary and dangerous. You wouldn't believe how many people die a year getting wisdom teeth extracted. Do the research yourself, its a practice that was implemented in the dental industry pretty much with no other motivation then to make dentist more money. Its a sham.

--------------------

Edited by AbstraKt_I_Am (02/20/12 03:42 PM)

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #15838316 - 02/20/12 03:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

op, sometimes tarter builds up on the back of your lower front teeth, and then it chips of and leaves you feeling like there is a hole there. Have you taken a mirror and verified there is actually a cavity?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#15838328 - 02/20/12 03:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

My dentist asked if he could keep one of my wisdom teeth, I asked why and he said that not only was it well shaped but it had a perfect study example of a cavity on it, which he wanted to use to educate with.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineGuruBushHippie
MountainMan
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #15838341 - 02/20/12 03:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A little overly dramatic are we :tongue: I never had problems with my teeth until after I had been abusing amphetamine salts for a few years. It was the dry mouth that facilitated bacterial growth. You'll be okay just look for a good dentist and get it checked out. That's about all you can do now.

--------------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I cut straight through the forest, and that has made all the difference.

Offlinecinic

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: muistrue]
    #15838352 - 02/20/12 03:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

cinic said:
I feel like my life is over

If getting a cavity makes you feel like that how are you going to handle it when you grow up and have to deal with real problems?

Oh god  lets not go there..
i dont want to think about it.

OfflineSled
Dog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #15838357 - 02/20/12 03:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AbstraKt_I_Am said:
Quote:

extreme said:

DO NOT GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH PULLED. The dentist I went to for my root canal told me wisdom teeth extractions are both unnecessary and dangerous. You wouldn't believe how many people die a year getting wisdom teeth extracted. Do the research yourself, its a practice that was implemented in the dental industry pretty much with no other motivation then to make dentist more money. Its a sham.

I got all 4 of mine pulled two years ago due to lack of room in my mouth with no problems. rofl, dentist didn't put me under like some pussy either, just numbed the fuck outta my face.

--------------------
My fake plants died because I didn’t pretend to water them

OfflineOthyem
Male

#15838362 - 02/20/12 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Do I think dentist sometimes remove wisdom teeth when it is not needed? Yes. Would I say that there aren't any cases where it is warranted, no. For example, a friend of my has a few cracked teeth from failure to get his wisdom teeth removed.

It isn't as black and white as you are making it sound.

Offlinecinic

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: SomeGuy]
    #15838386 - 02/20/12 04:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SomeGuy said:
op, sometimes tarter builds up on the back of your lower front teeth, and then it chips of and leaves you feeling like there is a hole there. Have you taken a mirror and verified there is actually a cavity?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS LIKE
I have had a chipped tooth
before and got that fixed that was
7 years ago. It is like it chipped on the back
i can see it in the mirror like a little chip
or hole..

Invisibleextreme
Male

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Othyem]
    #15838392 - 02/20/12 04:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hmm interesting..

they said my wisdom teeth are getting cavities because i can't brush them and clean them right because they are so far in the back.  i don't like gagging myself so i don't try brushing that far back.

i actually have x-rays of my teeth that they gave me to give to a wisdom tooth puller.

i'm lazy when it comes to that shit anyway so i could let them rot out of my mouth for all i care, but i'd still prefer to get the proper procedure done if it's not that much of a scam, really.

Also my doc told me last time I saw him that it won't hurt.. they just give you the gas and count down from 100.. he might think I'm uninformed but I know what he's talking about :datass:

Also it would be an easy way for me to get a lil pain med Rx.  the idea would be to get more pain pills than needed.  use bottle one to make my teeth stop hurting, refill, then use bottle two recreationally :grin:

OfflineOthyem
Male

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: extreme]
    #15838398 - 02/20/12 04:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

In my experience a bottle of pain pills would not be worth getting your wisdom teeth pulled, but i'm a pussy when it comes to pain.

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

#15838413 - 02/20/12 04:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AbstraKt_I_Am said:
Quote:

extreme said:

bull shit. i had all 4 wisdom teeth growing in, the bottom 2 were growing completely sideways towards the rest of my teeth causing ridiculous pain and would've fucked up the alignment of my teeth pretty bad if i didn't have them cut out. BTW the surgery only lasted about 10 minutes once they put me on anaesthesia.

10 minutes of surgery is definitely worth not having to deal with chronic tooth pain and only more inevitable tooth problems. it's possible those cavities you have right now are due to not getting your wisdom teeth pulled. since the teeth are at the very ends of your mouth it can be really hard to get all the germs out from  between those teeth no matter how much you brush/floss/mouthwash

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Othyem]
    #15838420 - 02/20/12 04:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you probably just have tarter build-up. Drink coffee? smoke cigarettes? go in for a cleaning

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: SomeGuy]
    #15838450 - 02/20/12 04:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I hate resin fillings. I got a resin filling in january and I it ruind my tooth, so Im going to have it removed next month.

--------------------
Retiro Equipaje. Mas uno por favor Cerveza, es mas fina. Psalm 706:6

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #15838487 - 02/20/12 04:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ShiVersblood said:
I hate resin fillings. I got a resin filling in january and I it ruind my tooth, so Im going to have it removed next month.

Then you're dentist did it wrong.  Composite fillings work great if done correctly.  You should see a different dentist.  Also, don't get silver/mercury fillings.  Shit's bad for you.  Although composite fillings do contain BPA.  But I'd argue that mercury is way worse for you than BPA.  It's up to you though brah.

--------------------

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15838494 - 02/20/12 04:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
With a white filling you won't even remember where the cavity was, they fix that up real nicely nowadays, no silvery mercury or anything.

:thumbup:Composite fillings do contain BPA though.  BPA is nowwhere near as toxic as mercury though.  Am I right in thinking that Wiccan?

--------------------

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15838524 - 02/20/12 04:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I have to go in for oral surgery tomorrow at 11 I can not stand anybody messing in my mouth ...well I just really hate the dentist..hence the now cavity infested mouth I own! It's going to suck $696.00 with insurance and they know I freak out about the visits so they give me Xanax before visits but like .5 I keep telling them that's like trying to sedate a lion with Benadryl but they don't get it! Anyway long story short keep up with ur teeth one cavity is no big deal..e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: electrics]
    #15838538 - 02/20/12 04:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

When i was a kid i had every tooth filled atleast twice. So i cant even get cavities anymore lol, but my back molar on top left is startin to get a black spot on the outside right next to the gum. Good thing i have great dental now.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: blazenn]
    #15838620 - 02/20/12 05:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
Quote:

AbstraKt_I_Am said:
Quote:

extreme said:

bull shit. i had all 4 wisdom teeth growing in, the bottom 2 were growing completely sideways towards the rest of my teeth causing ridiculous pain and would've fucked up the alignment of my teeth pretty bad if i didn't have them cut out. BTW the surgery only lasted about 10 minutes once they put me on anaesthesia.

10 minutes of surgery is definitely worth not having to deal with chronic tooth pain and only more inevitable tooth problems. it's possible those cavities you have right now are due to not getting your wisdom teeth pulled. since the teeth are at the very ends of your mouth it can be really hard to get all the germs out from  between those teeth no matter how much you brush/floss/mouthwash

Okay to clarify, Obvious there will be cases like yours were the surgery is inevitable.

I went to one of the most prestigious Universities in the Midwest for my root canal and my dentist was top notch. Now a local teeth checkup place I went to; this girl who checked out my teeth and wrote my referral for the dentist I went to marked down I needed a wisdom teeth extraction. My dentist checked them out, assured me nothing was wrong with them and they didn't need to come out.

I asked why and his response was "shes just trying to get some more money".. He told me only 10% of people out of everyone in the country who gets their teeth removed annually need it. That's pretty bad when the surgery leaves over 11,000 people a year with permanent nerve damage to the neck, face and mouth, not to mention annually killing a few hundred people.

Wisdom teeth removal yields the dental industry 3 billion dollars a year. Moneys the main motivation for the surgery and thats not bullshit.

Im just saying to anyone who gets told they need a wisdom tooth extraction to go to another dentist and get a 2nd opinion. It could save you alot of cash and pain.

I mean it is really that surprising to hear all this shit? Im just lucky my doctor wasn't some morally corrupt fuck out to get my money. Alot of people don't join the health care industry because they want to help people, its because its easy to start off with high ass paying jobs.

I can't count the amount of shit head doctors and psychiatrist Ive met and my only lasting impression of them is when they were some 20 year old fuck with out a clue what they wanted to do with their life they, they decided "Well Doctors get payed alot of money, I guess Ill do that" ...

Its real easy to tell when the person treating you doesn't give a shit about you and when they do.

--------------------

Offlinecinic

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #15838778 - 02/20/12 05:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
When i was a kid i had every tooth filled atleast twice. So i cant even get cavities anymore lol, but my back molar on top left is startin to get a black spot on the outside right next to the gum. Good thing i have great dental now.

:thumbup: i dont hav e nodental or insurance for that matter

InvisibleBoutang
AKMC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15838802 - 02/20/12 05:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I NEVER EVER EVER brush my teeth and have never had a cavity.......

Just saying.

I usually brush my teeth like once a week or two maybe once a month? :shrug: I don't know. 

I had my wisdom teeth out and woke up with a drill bit in my mouth while they were breaking my jaw to get to one of them.  It hurt.  Turns out the anesthesiologist wasn't paying attention to me.

--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Boutang]
    #15838879 - 02/20/12 05:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Boutang said:
I usually brush my teeth like once a week or two maybe once a month? :shrug: I don't know.

Do you let girls kiss you on that rancid mouth?

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: muistrue]
    #15838890 - 02/20/12 05:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15839612 - 02/20/12 08:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

:thumbup:Composite fillings do contain BPA though.  BPA is nowwhere near as toxic as mercury though.  Am I right in thinking that Wiccan?

BPA, Bisphenol A, for sure is bad news, its an endocrine disrupter mimicking estrogen. CD's and DVD's are about 2/3 of their weight Bisphenol A. With composite fillings however the BPA is strongly bonded and almost all of it doesnt erode away. Plus, its excreted as if it were a drug. By contrast, mercury stays in your body for decades exerting toxic action. The mercury you got as a baby still adds to the toxicity of the mercury you get exposed to today. Mercury for sure is more toxic.

Almost all the danger of Bisphenol A lies in being exposed to it during pregnancy, understandable it was developed in the same series of compounds that yielded DES, Dietylstilbestrol.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#21715414 - 05/23/15 07:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Shop around for a dentist, it can make a huge difference where you have it done. I have more filling than tooth (though I still have all of em) so one lil cavity won't mess you up, itrs not like you have endstage lung cancer.

Same.

I have about 100 grand worth of dental work in my mouth. Was going to the dentist every week, 2 weeks the year before I turned 19 and lost my free health and dental. Haven't had to go since. :shrug:

We'll I'm missing one tooth as it grew sideways so they removed it when they took my wisdoms. But I have a bridge there so it's all gravy.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (05/23/15 07:57 PM)

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: I think i got my first tooth cavity... MY LIFES OVER.. anyone has had dental problems? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #21715425 - 05/23/15 07:59 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

never had a cavity. i have no idea why, ive always had a pretty bad diet, although i was always more of a salty person. not very sweet

noone ever even believes me when i tell em, cause me teeth have a nice tobacco-yellow hue, and i only brush once a day in the morning.

but for whatever reason, their harder than the devils balls.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale