Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession * 1
    #15788294 - 02/10/12 11:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Feb 09 2012

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Guadalupe County Judge Michael Wiggins was arrested Monday in Brazos County after he was caught with 20.1 grams of marijuana.

A College Station Police Department spokesperson said a bellman at the Hilton Hotel in College Station noticed an odor of marijuana coming from one of the rooms. When Wiggins opened the door to his room, officers said a strong odor of marijuana came out of the room.

When asked if he had marijuana in the room, the spokesperson said Wiggins said yes and told officers it was in his duffel bag.

In that bag, the spokesperson said officers also found a grinder and papers for smoking marijuana.

Wiggins was jailed and charged with possession of marijuana less than two ounces.

He was released on $3,000 bond.

http://www.ksat.com/news/Guadalupe-County-judge-arrested-on-drug-charges/-/478452/8622782/-/o11iou/-/index.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledigitalemu
Digital Emu

Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Ogla] * 1
    #15788637 - 02/10/12 02:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I hereby call for all those dealing in the enforcement of laws and justice to be regularly tested for drugs.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: digitalemu]
    #15788684 - 02/10/12 02:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's a publicity stunt to brainwash people into giving up their search rights and admitting to police the location of their contraband.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15788727 - 02/10/12 02:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ridiculous

at least he gets the same treatment as everyone else

InvisibleCapers
Man About Town
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: morrowasted] * 2
    #15788987 - 02/10/12 03:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm shocked that a judge would just tell the police he was in possession of an illegal substance.

OfflineBA142
Melting on my Ti

Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Capers] * 1
    #15789098 - 02/10/12 04:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder how many lives this guy ruined for marijuana possession...i know they treat it like heroin in Texas.

Hope he gets the maximum punishment

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
    #15789212 - 02/10/12 04:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

digitalemu said:
I hereby call for all those dealing in the enforcement of laws and justice to be regularly tested for drugs.

Like all those liberal hippies in Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)?

I believe more people have taken pot/lsd/etc than you would care to know.

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
    #15789460 - 02/10/12 05:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

digitalemu said:

Your opinion doesn't matter, you have no voice.  The whole point of these laws is that whether or not they're right or wrong, you can't do anything about them.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Offlinenynole
Pirate Archaeologist
Male

Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #15791577 - 02/11/12 07:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BA142 said:
I wonder how many lives this guy ruined for marijuana possession...i know they treat it like heroin in Texas.

Maximum?  If I were to get picked up for possession, I would bet my odds of a minimum penalty are better in his jurisdiction.

I wouldn't wish time on anyone for possession, even if he is a judge.  You would be surprised at the number of judges, prosecutors, and legislators that believe the war on drugs is a crime in itself, no mention a huge waste of taxpayer resources.

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

digitalemu said:

Your opinion doesn't matter, you have no voice.  The whole point of these laws is that whether or not they're right or wrong, you can't do anything about them.

Of course you can do something about them, you just choose not to speak up. How do you think we go medical marijuana laws in 16 states?

--------------------

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: nynole]
    #15792256 - 02/11/12 11:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nynole said:
Quote:

BA142 said:

Maximum?  If I were to get picked up for possession, I would bet my odds of a minimum penalty are better in his jurisdiction.

I wouldn't wish time on anyone for possession, even if he is a judge.  You would be surprised at the number of judges, prosecutors, and legislators that believe the war on drugs is a crime in itself, no mention a huge waste of taxpayer resources.

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

digitalemu said:

Of course you can do something about them, you just choose not to speak up. How do you think we go medical marijuana laws in 16 states?

That is the product of collective organizations' advocacy, as well as rigorous campaigns and millions of dollars in ad funding.  Lone individuals have no voice.

--------------------

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Ogla] * 1
    #15792279 - 02/11/12 11:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I bet TX has another proponent for decriminalizing marijuana now, ironic that he's a person that judged others.  :datass:

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Offlinenynole
Pirate Archaeologist
Male

Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Celestial Traveler] * 1
    #15792977 - 02/11/12 02:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

nynole said:
Quote:

BA142 said:

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

digitalemu said:

That is the product of collective organizations' advocacy, as well as rigorous campaigns and millions of dollars in ad funding.  Lone individuals have no voice.

Collective organizations are made up of lone individuals working together to raise millions of dollars (from other lone individuals).

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: digitalemu] * 2
    #15792987 - 02/11/12 02:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

digitalemu said:

That could easily be counterproductive - We need cool people in the government and justice system who understand drugs first hand.    Weeding them out helps who?

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#15792997 - 02/11/12 02:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

digitalemu said:

Collective organizations are made up of lone individuals working together to raise millions of dollars (from other lone individuals).

They're not lone individuals if they're working together.

Point being that you saying "I hereby call for [this/that]" is absolutely irrelevant.

There's only political power in numbers and herd domination.

--------------------

InvisibleCrossingTheStar
Unoriginal Philosopher
Male

Loc: U.S. of A. Flag
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Capers]
    #15793833 - 02/11/12 05:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappateer said:
I'm shocked that a judge would just tell the police he was in possession of an illegal substance.

:whathesaid:

--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Capers]
    #15793854 - 02/11/12 05:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappateer said:

It is probably because he knew that at that point, they had enough evidence to legally search his room and find it. 

By telling them, he would piss them off less, increasing the chance that the police would let him go on account of him being a nice guy and not hurting anyone.  Some cops bust all drug users, other cops target dealers and gang members.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Texas Judge arrested for marijuana possession [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15793881 - 02/11/12 05:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

digitalemu said:

That could easily be counterproductive - We need cool people in the government and justice system who understand drugs first hand.    Weeding them out helps who?

:thumbup:

Offlinenynole
Pirate Archaeologist
Male

#15796302 - 02/12/12 05:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

digitalemu said:

They're not lone individuals if they're working together.

Point being that you saying "I hereby call for [this/that]" is absolutely irrelevant.

There's only political power in numbers and herd domination.

Political power is not only in numbers, but also in those that control resources.  Since my resources are limited, I will add my voice to the "herd."

My initial comment was in response to your assertion that a single opinion does not matter, that one person has no voice, and that we have no power to change laws.  We do not live in a vacuum, there are others in society that share similar beliefs, philosophies, and politics. It takes only one person to bring these similar opinions together towards a common goal. 

Dare I use a mushroom analogy?  I righteous flush was once just a couple of spores.

--------------------

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#15797002 - 02/12/12 10:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nynole said:]

Political power is not only in numbers, but also in those that control resources.  Since my resources are limited, I will add my voice to the "herd."

My initial comment was in response to your assertion that a single opinion does not matter, that one person has no voice, and that we have no power to change laws.  We do not live in a vacuum, there are others in society that share similar beliefs, philosophies, and politics. It takes only one person to bring these similar opinions together towards a common goal. 

Dare I use a mushroom analogy?  I righteous flush was once just a couple of spores.

Lol you get my point.

And voicing your pro-drug opinion on a small pro-drug forum does not really constitute "joining the herd."

--------------------

Invisiblethescientist
Loc: Dade County
    #15801450 - 02/13/12 02:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

CT

your posting is obnoxious

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract