Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT?
    #15784173 - 02/09/12 02:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm getting a Vapor Genie type vaporizer, and was wondering.  Looking at threads over two years old, it seems that opinions have changed; back then, vaporizing seemed a lot more risky than now, is the impression I gathered.

Correct?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejamminshaman
I am the pope of dope
 User Gallery

Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: Noitartst]
    #15784191 - 02/09/12 02:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've never used anything other than a meth pipe (only smoked DMT out of it, nothing else) and have had great results. Sometimes with a torch lighter sometimes without, so far I like using a regular lighter unless I'm outside.

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: jamminshaman]
    #15784224 - 02/09/12 03:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, I've done mostly with a meth pipe, but my technique, it seems, is awful; I don't think I've got the aptitude for it, because I'm pretty impatient, even if I've improved at it.

ANd when you say, torch lighter," what do you mean?  A hand-held butane lighter found in smoke shops, as opposed to flint lighters?  Just making sure.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #15784332 - 02/09/12 03:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Just keep at it with the oil burner pipe.  The first few times are difficult, but you get the technique down without even thinking about it.  I used to have a lot of trouble with it, but now it's all down like clockwork.  Even the tongue numbing and throat irritation are down to a minimum. :shrug:

As far as the lighter bit goes, I use a torch lighter all the time.  A torch shoots the flame rather than just spewing it everywhere like a standard bic does.  A huge advantage of this is that it's much easier to light something from above, because the flame will shoot downward.  It looks like this:

I bought a Z-plus torch insert for my zippo lighter, and it works wonders for DMT especially, but also just for smoking weed.  It's pretty dang helpful to be able to control the flame and concentrate the heat.  It can help get all the bits of weed when they end up in tricky spots. :tongue2:  As for DMT, with an oil burner pipe, it's extremely useful because it concentrates the heat.  You'd be surprised at how much faster it'll melt and start vaporizing.

I've become quite attached to this torch.  Partly because of the design I etched on it, but this is besides the point.  I just wanted to share it :tongue2:

Offlinejamminshaman
I am the pope of dope
 User Gallery

Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #15784396 - 02/09/12 03:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You kind of have to cook it alittle, rotate it and play with the heat (how close you hold the flame to it) until you see it really start to give off smoke. Spin the pipe as it liquifies, I do that and usually manage to find a sweet spot to where it really starts smoking.
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
I've become quite attached to this torch.  Partly because of the design I etched on it, but this is besides the point.  I just wanted to share it :tongue2:

Cool fucking torch man :bow2:

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: jamminshaman]
    #15784411 - 02/09/12 03:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jamminshaman said:
Cool fucking torch man :bow2:

Thanks, man. :thumbup: :sun:
I thought it came out pretty well.  Etched it with one of those etching pens that has a tiny diamond on the tip of it.

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
    #15784640 - 02/09/12 04:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Do you have the GVG or the CVG?

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: JimLahey]
    #15784879 - 02/09/12 05:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What's the diiference twixt the two? Oh, and getting spice in a meth pipe to boil, and making it vaporized are separate things, I've found.

OfflineJordan2Dope

Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? *DELETED* [Re: Noitartst]
    #15784933 - 02/09/12 05:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Jordan2Dope

Reason for deletion: Del

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
    #15785273 - 02/09/12 07:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
What's the diiference twixt the two? Oh, and getting spice in a meth pipe to boil, and making it vaporized are separate things, I've found.

Glass Vapor Genie vs. Classic Vapor Genie... the CVG is wooden looking or colored, the GVG is glass obviously.

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: Jordan2Dope]
    #15789017 - 02/10/12 04:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jordan2Dope said:
I've vaped DMT......it's incredible. Get a few screens and stack em on top of each other and rip it, but keep the heat extremely low.....Like, nothing above 130 or so.

Or you could throw it in on some AVB(Already vaped bud)

I went on a DMT binge for like 4 days using a Silver Surfer Vaporizer....First and only time I've done it.

"Get a few screens, and stack 'em"...?  Sorry, but I don't know what a screen is.  Aluminum foil, or something?

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #15789593 - 02/10/12 06:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
Quote:

Jordan2Dope said:
I've vaped DMT......it's incredible. Get a few screens and stack em on top of each other and rip it, but keep the heat extremely low.....Like, nothing above 130 or so.

Or you could throw it in on some AVB(Already vaped bud)

I went on a DMT binge for like 4 days using a Silver Surfer Vaporizer....First and only time I've done it.

"Get a few screens, and stack 'em"...?  Sorry, but I don't know what a screen is.  Aluminum foil, or something?

Pipe screens.

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #15789963 - 02/10/12 07:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Meth pipe is super easy. Just be sure to hold the lighter at least an inch beneath the pipe and it will quickly turn to liquid and start smoking. Take a rip, hold, repeat. It's really simple and you don't need anything beyond a standard bic.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Do You Use the Sandwich Method for Vaporizing DMT? [Re: BirdsIView]
    #15790755 - 02/10/12 11:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BirdsIView said:
Meth pipe is super easy. Just be sure to hold the lighter at least an inch beneath the pipe and it will quickly turn to liquid and start smoking. Take a rip, hold, repeat. It's really simple and you don't need anything beyond a standard bic.

Well you certainly don't need anything more than a standard bic lighter, but I'm a huge advocate of the torch lighter.  It melts it much more quickly and consistently. :thumbup:

But yeah, I would recommend the oil burner (I opt not to call it a crack/meth pipe anymore).  Quick and efficient, and you'll get the hang of the technique fairly quickly.

Quote:

Noitartst said:
Oh, and getting spice in a meth pipe to boil, and making it vaporized are separate things, I've found.

Could you elaborate on this?

Edited by Psilosomniac (02/10/12 11:41 PM)

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #15792936 - 02/11/12 02:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know how much more quickly it could melt. It was nearly instantaneous in my experience, caught me by surprise really.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #15793238 - 02/11/12 03:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BirdsIView said:
I don't know how much more quickly it could melt. It was nearly instantaneous in my experience, caught me by surprise really.

Oh, it could be quicker. :smoking:
But really, the main advantage is having more control over the flame.  Torches are much easier to direct. :shrug:

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15793565 - 02/11/12 04:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BirdsIView said:

The problem with meth pipes, I've found, lies in the problem that quite often, when I've taken a hit, my throat and tongue burn so bad that, as the pschedelics take hold, I think, "You know, I do believe I'll experience things at whatever level this is.  I'm in pain, it's hard light it right any ways, and don't think I could take a hit this  harsh again right now."

Maybe I'm just describing a burnt-DMT hit, and I hope so, 'cuz for what I'm describing, it takes about an hour to recover.

Do "three good hits" each require copious amounts of pain by their very nature?  Just askin', because I want to know.  I've had a handful of strong, painless hits, but want to know just how much pain is par for the course with a meth pipe.

So, pipe screens; what are the they for, exactly,and how to use them?  Are they to be buffers for the DMT as you light the pipe, yes...?

Bet the flame's not supposeed to touch the screen mesh, either....

Oh, and VicariousGreg, about starting to toke when you first hear it sizzle?  I've done that more times than I'd care to count, and inhaled nothing, though I did seem to coat the pipe stem white with DMT that way, and considering that the DMT used was yellow, I think that's kind interesting, in an odd way in that I purified it in a useless manner, evidently.

Think I'm holding the flame too close to the glass?  May be that's my problem, because I've been just trying to hold as close as possible without touching, and maybe I should lighten up.  Thoughts?

Edited by Noitartst (02/11/12 05:01 PM)

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #15793714 - 02/11/12 05:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
Quote:

BirdsIView said:

The problem with meth pipes, I've found, lies in the problem that quite often, when I've taken a hit, my throat and tongue burn so bad that, as the pschedelics take hold, I think, "You know, I do believe I'll experience things at whatever level this is.  I'm in pain, it's hard light it right any ways, and don't think I could take a hit this  harsh again right now."

Maybe I'm just describing a burnt-DMT hit, and I hope so, 'cuz for what I'm describing, it takes about an hour to recover.

Do "three good hits" each require copious amounts of pain by their very nature?  Just askin', because I want to know.  I've had a handful of strong, painless hits, but want to know just how much pain is par for the course with a meth pipe.

So, pipe screens; what are the they for, exactly,and how to use them?  Are they to be buffers for the DMT as you light the pipe, yes...?

Bet the flame's not supposeed to touch the screen mesh, either....

Oh, and VicariousGreg, about starting to toke when you first hear it sizzle?  I've done that more times than I'd care to count, and inhaled nothing, though I did seem to coat the pipe stem white with DMT that way, and considering that the DMT used was yellow, I think that's kind interesting, in an odd way in that I purified it in a useless manner, evidently.

Think I'm holding the flame too close to the glass?  May be that's my problem, because I've been just trying to hold as close as possible without touching, and maybe I should lighten up.  Thoughts?

Pipe screens can't be used with oil burners.  They're used with regular pipes.

Do you twist the pipe a little when you heat it up to evenly distribute it?  That could be one way to make it less harsh.  I find that the more you use an oil burner, the easier it gets.  I think you just develop a technique of smoking it that doesn't irritate your mouth or throat as much.  Don't get me wrong, I still get tongue numbness and some irritation, but it's significantly more manageable than it was when I first started smoking DMT.

I would say try to evenly heat the bottom of the glass, and take the hits nice and slow once it starts to fume.  I don't usually hear anything; I just see the vapor start to come off, and if you start to take the hit when this happens, you'll find that the bulb instantly clouds with DMT vapor.

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15793781 - 02/11/12 05:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, so a pipe screen essentially equals the ceramic mesh, say, of a Vapor Genie (I'm getting one) vaporizer?  That it?

Oh, and I do twist my pipe around, but maybe because I got in bad habits smoking black tar, I've not developed proper technique.  WIth tar, you've got to heat longer, I've found, that, and focus more heat on the bottom till it starts to slide around.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #15793901 - 02/11/12 06:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
Oh, so a pipe screen essentially equals the ceramic mesh, say, of a Vapor Genie (I'm getting one) vaporizer?  That it?

Oh, and I do twist my pipe around, but maybe because I got in bad habits smoking black tar, I've not developed proper technique.  WIth tar, you've got to heat longer, I've found, that, and focus more heat on the bottom till it starts to slide around.

It's just a screen that keeps anything larger than the holes from falling through :shrug:.
It can be useful on some pipes, but like I said, you can't use one on an oil burner even if it somehow had a use. :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds