Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria Flag
[AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival
    #15739035 - 01/30/12 04:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/everything-is-very-odd-here-daniel-dials-mum-as-music-festival-turns-to-tragedy-20120130-1qpo4.html

'Everything is very odd here': Daniel dials mum as music festival turns to tragedy
Neelima Choahan
January 31, 2012

''MUM, I have taken some very bad acid and everything is very odd here.''
These were some of the last words that 34-year-old Daniel Buccianti spoke to his mother, Adriana, from the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Beaufort.
Read more stories from the Ballarat Courier
Advertisement: Story continues below
A few hours later, in the early hours of Sunday morning, the Epping man was dead.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said Mr Buccianti's death was not believed to be suspicious.

''Drugs took my son,'' Ms Buccianti said. ''He rang here that Saturday night at 6.15pm … and said, 'Mum, I have taken some very bad acid.'
''I said, 'Daniel don't worry, you need to get yourself to St John Hospital really quickly.' ''

Mr Buccianti asked his mother to come pick him up but 40 minutes later he called again to say he was fine.

On Sunday morning police informed Ms Buccianti of her son's death.
Rural Ambulance spokeswoman Gabrielle Degenhardt said there was nothing paramedics could do for Mr Buccianti.

''Around 1.30am, the man was deceased when we arrived,'' she said.
A 25-year-old also attending the music festival was taken to the Ballarat Base Hospital in a serious condition on Saturday night, after suffering a cardiac arrest in connection with a drug overdose.
Ms Buccianti said she held the festival organisers responsible for her son's death.

“They should be shut down,” she said.
“If the police didn’t find any drugs at the festival then they were not looking hard enough.”
Meanwhile, members of the small but tight-knit Buccianti family gathered at the Epping residence yesterday.
Candles burnt in front of Mr Buccianti's photo at a makeshift altar in the kitchen.

Just 10 days ago, the family was celebrating Daniel's birthday.
Ms Buccianti said her son was hard-working, likeable but sometime cheeky.
A single mother, she said Daniel had been her strength. ''My life has changed forever,'' she said.

Rainbow Serpent Festival organisers could not be contacted last night.
This summer music festival season, police have made more than 167 drug-related arrests.

On Sunday, 20 people were arrested at the Big Day Out through the use of sniffer dogs.
Last month, there were 90 arrests, 89 for possession of a drug of dependence, at the Stereosonic festival. Police made 56 arrests at Summadayze on New Year's Day and four drivers tested positive to drugs leaving this year's Falls Festival.
BALLARAT COURIER, with ANDY PARK

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: tizjack] * 2
    #15739202 - 01/30/12 05:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

fuck you research chemicals

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: tizjack]
    #15739379 - 01/30/12 05:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tizjack said:
Ms Buccianti said she held the festival organisers responsible for her son's death.

“If the police didn’t find any drugs at the festival then they were not looking hard enough.”

:facepalm::huxleyfacepalm:

Fucking tool.  Shut the fuck up.  Sucks your son died - could have all be helped by legalizing drugs.

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #15739408 - 01/30/12 06:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i was at the festival, it was amazing. I took the best acid ive ever taken and watched the sunset on top of a giant hill overlooking the stages and the horizon. The festival shouldn't be shut down. It's a shame this man died, but it was out of the control of both the police and the organizers. When you have 15,000+ people attending a 5 day festival, drugs are going to get in no matter what.
This is EXACTLY why all drugs should be legal. People will take them regardless, they may as well know they are getting the real deal. I lost $100 after buying 4 fake md caps of some douche bag dealer at the festival. I was already really high and should of known better but i didn't take the pills. when i opened up the cap and showed it to my friend it as obvious is was full of everything BUT mdma.

--------------------

Edited by tizjack (01/30/12 06:05 PM)

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15739414 - 01/30/12 06:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

UMMMM another australian bites the dust taking droogs that are horribly overpriced and infamously impure.....

Shame shame shame..... I will grieve for his folks.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #15739434 - 01/30/12 06:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
fuck you research chemicals

That's what I was thinking, in so many words. They should have been a little more elaborate with some follow up with a blood test, determining what he took (and if he had taken other drugs), how much etc.

*EDIT* People have taken INSANE doses of LSD and NOT died. *EDIT*

The government did many tests on LSD with human subjects (sometimes unknowingly without their consent), and to my knowledge, besides marijuana LSD is the only drug that they never were able to find an LD50 with. They literally tried to kill people with super high doses and they weren't able to kill them, just really fuck them up for days or weeks, if not forever. Basically, in terms of risk of death from actual LSD it is one of the safest drugs there is.

With that being said I'm gonna go ahead and logically state there is no way he died from actual LSD. I find it careless and irresponsible when these articles written by different authors from all sorts of publications get posted here and ridiculous statements and misinformation plague the whole thing. Someones job is to be the editor and make sure before stories go out they are accurate and good. There's not enough information to blame acid, a good and thorough writer would have looked into something like that before letting it go out.

Which reminds me, anyone remember that article from a week or two ago about DMT as a "new narcotic" that was powerful and addictive, stating that it was a drug similar to crystal meth and implying there is some growing scene where people are casually smoking recreational doses of DMT all day and becoming heavily addicted. I remember one of the posters actually e-mailed the writer of the article, and he replied after being called out on the various inaccuracies he just stated that so and so state official is the source of the information and therefor unquestionable true and accurate, because the shroomerite was just a simple reader with no authority and when joe stateofffical says something is a fact because they have that job because they are experts, yet the writer and joe stateoffical were seriously wrong and this guy called him on it.

That should be a new trend here. People need to start writing responses to the writers of these articles and calling bullshit on the inaccuracies and the subsequent demonizing of drugs like acid because most people don't even know what RCs are and would believe this without even questing it.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Edited by PsilocybinMike (02/02/12 11:48 PM)

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15739474 - 01/30/12 06:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomie_glen said:
UMMMM another australian bites the dust taking droogs that are horribly overpriced and infamously impure.....

i agree that it is overpriced. I disagree that it is 'infamously impure'. Again, it all depends on connections. I get very very good lsd and mdma in Melbourne.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: tizjack] * 1
    #15739663 - 01/30/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tizjack said:
i was at the festival, it was amazing. I took the best acid ive ever taken and watched the sunset on top of a giant hill overlooking the stages and the horizon. The festival shouldn't be shut down. It's a shame this man died, but it was out of the control of both the police and the organizers. When you have 15,000+ people attending a 5 day festival, drugs are going to get in no matter what.
This is EXACTLY why all drugs should be legal. People will take them regardless, they may as well know they are getting the real deal. I lost $100 after buying 4 fake md caps of some douche bag dealer at the festival. I was already really high and should of known better but i didn't take the pills. when i opened up the cap and showed it to my friend it as obvious is was full of everything BUT mdma.

Damn dude, $100 for only 4 supposed doses of molly? A dose of the finest ecstasy is typically sold for $15 tops, in rare cases MAYBE $20 (USD)if it is seriously shit that is so potent 1 hit is plenty, even more rare is so potent 1 is TOO much (never happened to me but I've known people who have had prints that strong, experienced drug users/rollers who could be rocked off 1 half of a roll), $25 each is JACKED. It sucks that so many fake ass people scum up these festivals with bunk drugs and greedy and evil attitudes, taking advantage of the kindness and how cool everyone is to each other at these things. They stand against everything the message of these gatherings are for, with no shame or remorse at these events that stand for peace, unity, love etc. It's just discouraging.

I've been ripped off a few times. I don't think I've ever been sold any rolls or molly that didn't contain at least some psychoactive, but have definitely gotten both dirty pills and molly, typically either something + little MDMA or an outright impostor drug with vague similarities to some of the effects of MDMA most effective with buyers who have little or not experience with ecstasy and just because they feel any kind of effects have no reason not to believe it is legit.

I have been bunked with acid, only once, but it was from someone I had built up a relationship with and got a bunch of L off of, throwing the person a good amount of business whenever we'd meet up, usually getting at least a sheet and splitting it with someone or a few times I'd get 2 or 3 sheets and kept 1 or a half of one for myself, and the rest to 1 or 2 people. Also got other psychedelics which were always of the utmost quality and the person was almost always telling the truth about the quality of shit until one day after building up a relationship and trust and respect out of nowhere bunks me and 2 people for 2.5 sheets. I had a lot of respect for this person because he was knowledgeable and experienced and could get rare things of good quality and was shocked when they decided to disrespect all the values of people who handle that much L and the psychonauts in general and tried to cover it up with obvious lies which were eventually confirmed and I was very discouraged and offended someone I had a respect for and the reasons I respected them were all bullshit and or lies and they were no better than your common remorseless junkie who would rip off and rob anyone and abuse drugs blatantly.

This person respected these substances the way I do (or so I thought) and I felt like it was ok to trust this person more than someone in a sketchy drug deal for coke or some street drug or other drugs that are EXTREMELY addictive (meth, heroin crack) and you know that person doesn't give a fuck about your best interest and safety and is just there to profit off of things like human suffering. Let my guard down and they found a good opportunity to take me for a sizable amount of money and chose to do that and totally just disregarded me as a person, and sadly if they had thought about it long term they would of made much more because I would've continued throwing business their way and had 2-3 other people who would give me money to bring them shit back and instead just took the quick payoff and disappeared. I now only really am willing too trust close/long time friends or a family member, maybe a good friend of a family member. I no longer have money to pick up sheets or half sheets and whatever other psychedelics in enough quantity to bring back and share. A lot of the time if I sold some, unless it was a full sheet, I'd sell it for cost, or give it away, so friends were able to have these unique experiences so many people go their lives without having. I believe so much in the power of psychedelics and their abilities to really heal people and put them in a state where they feel free and brings out the best and them with lingering positive effects after the trip.

The risk of buying and possessing up to 2-3 sheets, sometimes with other drugs with it like K, DMT etc. was worth it to me, even when doing so only to turn around and sell it at cost, making no profit despite the risk I had to take, even giving it away, taking a LOSS, because I truly feel good just to be able to share something like that even if it costs me money or I'm not making money. Ultimately I found most people recognized and appreciated I was doing this, but some kind of took it for granted, which was discouraging. I don't come across many people who are like that and are taking risks and the top priority isn't simply profit, even it means knowingly selling potentially dangerous RCs as LSD, sketchy rolls/molly that can contain lethal mixtures of drugs and have killed people. Even though the person who fucked me over after building up trust did that was making good money whenever I'd meet him, he was also the type who can be generous and share because that in itself is rewarding, and really let me down when they disgraced themselves and negated all the respect and positivity, proving to be a ruthless liar who was basically morally bankrupt it seemed.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Edited by PsilocybinMike (01/30/12 07:13 PM)

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #15739795 - 01/30/12 07:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I totally agree with everything you wrote. Some people out there are just scum and greedy who take advantage of kind people who just want to have a good time. This is why mushrooms are still my favourite drug. Because i pick them MYSELF and know EXACTLY what i am eating. The trip also becomes more personal because i went to the hard effort of trekking into the forest to pick them.
I am just happy that i didn't take the 'md cap' that was sold to me as i may have ended up in hospital. I was already very fucked up after having multiple mushroom caps and half a lady white. on top of the extreme heat, i was sun stroke and generally sick. This lead to me having a bit of a freak out in my tent and kicking me friend because i thought he was some stranger that tried to rape me in my tent. (i was tripping balls). So it's probably for the best that i was ripped off. everything happens for a reason.

Still, this festival was beautiful, so many good people. Every morning there i would make my way to the meditation teepee tent and meditate with all the other half naked kind souls for up to 3 hours, puffing on my pipe of natural bud. It's so refreshing being able to openly smoke marijuana in a public environment with no judgement and no police to harass you.

The opening ceremony was amazing as the Aboriginals of the land did a welcoming traditional smoking ceremony and did some traditional dances such as the history of the rainbow serpent. This was an extremely beautiful thing to see as i was on mushroom so i felt like i had a spiritual connection with the land around me, i also gained new respect for my country and its natives that i never really thought about before.

This is the reason why it hurts me to see the woman of the dead son to want to see the festival completely shut down even though it wasn't the festivals fault. It was the criminalization of drugs and the way we as kids were taught to fear the substances rather than educate ourself about them.

--------------------

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: tizjack]
    #15740735 - 01/30/12 10:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tizjack said:
Quote:

shroomie_glen said:

i agree that it is overpriced. I disagree that it is 'infamously impure'. Again, it all depends on connections. I get very very good lsd and mdma in Melbourne.

Melbourne.... your in one of the three cities I can list off the top off my head (being a United Stater)... You may be in one of the most populous places of AUS. For all I know, I haven't been there...but I have heard that people in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth can reasonably accure drugs..... But I have also heard that the prices are a bit exorbitant at times, (which is standard on all islands really) .....

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

InvisibleBeefy1
GONE

Loc: around
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15741174 - 01/31/12 01:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

How do they know it was the drugs?

Could've been the heat.

Offlinecloset hippie
just strange
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #15741202 - 01/31/12 01:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I agree entirely with PsilocybinMike overdose with LSD my ass 100:1 it was something else maybe some shit meth. I Read a little while ago Ecstasy use in Australia had gone down Because it was crap, meth, fake or other substances. Bad acid huh no such thing maybe impure or an unpleasant trip is more than likely. I feel terrible that this has happened and I feel that the Australian government is to blame for allowing fake and impure products on the market Legalize and save lives.

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15741405 - 01/31/12 03:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tizjack said:

:glittershitz:

--------------------

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: Constantine]
    #15741851 - 01/31/12 08:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

They don't even address what drug actually killed him, or how he really died at all in this article. I bet you nothing on any blotter paper killed him, it had to be something else, if he would have died from massive vasco-constriction I would think that they would address it in some way in the article...but they leave it as a complete and utter mystery. 

I have a feeling it is just supposed to scare you :sad:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15742007 - 01/31/12 10:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LongStrangeTrip said:
They don't even address what drug actually killed him, or how he really died at all in this article. I bet you nothing on any blotter paper killed him, it had to be something else, if he would have died from massive vasco-constriction I would think that they would address it in some way in the article...but they leave it as a complete and utter mystery. 

many things can be fit on blotters that can kill people. they didn't say how many he took either. could have been something not too serious, but taken in too large of doses. now that i think of it, i don't think the article mentioned blotter. i've heard of people selling "LSD powder." you can easily kill a noob like that.

but there goes another one who sacrificed his life for this pathetic drug war. legalize lsd and let peace carry on. RIP. truly sad stuff

Offlinesk8ordude
Stranger
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #15742218 - 01/31/12 11:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Was there even an autopsy? Because LSD-25 comes with a mortgage sized LD-50.

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #15742915 - 01/31/12 02:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
Quote:

LongStrangeTrip said:

many things can be fit on blotters that can kill people. they didn't say how many he took either. could have been something not too serious, but taken in too large of doses. now that i think of it, i don't think the article mentioned blotter. i've heard of people selling "LSD powder." you can easily kill a noob like that.

but there goes another one who sacrificed his life for this pathetic drug war. legalize lsd and let peace carry on. RIP. truly sad stuff

Nor did it go into if he was on any other drugs, what actually killed him, nothing at all! Maybe one of his friends suffocated him that night, we have no clue :shrug:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Offlinecloset hippie
just strange
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15749407 - 02/01/12 09:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There was an article the other day about a UK teen, Killed by cannabis. the media reported the teen had died from brain injuries but headlined things like Richard Branson Wrong about drugs, Super-strength cannabis, Skunk saying that this may not of happened if he was not high. Bullshit another fabricated lie to swing voters into supporting the drug wars In my opinion it was that the boy was a typical teenage boy acting like a complete dick head showing off in front of friends trying to get laughs or recognition as teenagers do. So make a war on stairs or war on teenagers or a war on stupidity maybe war on bad parenting I tell my kids as my mother told me don't play on the fucking stairs you'll hurt yourself (but then being a kid I still played on the stairs) or more than likely a big factor in his behavior make it a war on girls.
Tragic that this has occurred but it's not ok to lie blame on an easy target all of my points are as justified as the justification of this stupid war.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #15749641 - 02/01/12 10:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
People have taken INSANE doses of LSD and died.

I would be surprised if you were correct.  What is your source for that information?

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Re: [AU] I've taken some bad acid - Rainbow Serpent Festival [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15749816 - 02/01/12 11:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
People have taken INSANE doses of LSD and died.

I would be surprised if you were correct.  What is your source for that information?

Yes, but not from the LSD directly.

I think it's worth noting that it is summer here in Australia and the heat was unbearable during Rainbow Serpent. I was going through 600ml of water an hour. It's in the desert, and if anyone has ever walked through the Australian desert on a hot summer day you will understand how insane it is. I think that he may have died due to many factors such as dehydration and heat stroke. Because he was under the influence of whatever, his body probably didn't realize it was overheating.

So my guess is his heart couldnt handle the immense heat, exhaustion and concoction of alcohol drugs and lack of water.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom