Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: CLIT]
    #15796929 - 02/12/12 10:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CLIT said:
I can't wait to see what Azurescens can do. I'm getting ready to prepare this to be chambered so it can fruit. I heard it's supposed to be more potent. Would a gram of Azurescens be more potent than a gram of other psilocybin shrooms?

Azurescens and other wood lovers are much more difficult to cultivate than the cubensis you've grown. It fruits in near-freezing rainy conditions. You won't succeed with the same techniques as cubensis.

Yes, much more potent. You have still taken only a *very small* dose of cubensis. I suggest you get to know what you have before seeking new types. You seem to be very sensitive. Make sure you explore higher doses with a safety system in place, such as a sitter.

The effects you describe are familiar to me from sub-half-gram doses of ps.cyanescens (similar to azurescens). Very mild, such that it takes some concentration and closed eyes and imagination to enter a visionary state. There is no comparison of this dose with proper medium and high doses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhenom
Stranger

Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: trANce]
    #15796935 - 02/12/12 10:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I can guaruntee it was a placebo that was increased by anxiety.  Anxiety can manifest very real feelings in your mind and body, but the effects you described don't seem similar to the effects of psilocin, even at low doses.  You said you felt drunk when you should really feel very clear headed with thought coming easily to you.  I think you had the wrong expectations from the get go. Test the waters carefully, you have plenty of time to adventure.

--------------------

Edited by Phenom (02/12/12 10:24 AM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: HarryL]
    #15796967 - 02/12/12 10:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I can tell you are not mentally strong enough to handle a real shroom trip if you allow the placebo effect do that much to your original state of counsciousness of what is 0.5 grams.

Stay away...sadly the goverment has been fucking you in the ass for as long as they actually convinced you to take part in thier

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: HarryL]
    #15796969 - 02/12/12 10:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I can tell you are not mentally strong enough to handle a real shroom trip if you allow the placebo effect do that much to your original state of counsciousness of what is 0.5 grams.

Stay away...sadly the goverment has been fucking you in the ass for as long as they actually convinced you to take part in thier "remedy" they call "anti-depressants".

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: Zulu The Most High]
    #15797040 - 02/12/12 11:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

CLIT, like it has been mentioned several times before, please do a lot more reading and research.  It seems like you took the initiative to learn how to cultivate mushrooms and obtain spores, but you didn't really continue your studies and learn about psilocybe mushrooms themselves.  It's apparent you did some reading on them, but you're asking some very basic questions whose answers you would have come across by reading more here on the Shroomery.

I find that the best way to obtain the information you're looking for is to:

1.  Research as much as you can.  The Shroomery has so much info about mushrooms; it's simply amazing! 

2.  When you have a question about information you find (after you read, read, read, and read some more), search posts on the message board to see if someone has asked your question before.  Chances are someone has, and the answer is there waiting for you.

3.  If you can't find a question posted that corresponds with your own, then definitely make a thread asking your question.  Plenty of posters here are delighted to share knowledge.

It seems like what you've been doing in this thread is asking others to give you all the answers to make up for the research you didn't do/do enough of.  You have to be responsible for your own knowledge.  Asking questions is great, but only if you've exhausted your ability to find the answers yourself.

Please do a lot more research, I swear learning about shrooms is enthralling.  I do commend you for starting with a microdose.  It's good to see if you're allergic to shrooms before jumping in on a dose large enough to trip from.  Having a reaction while tripping would be a less than favorable outcome to eating shrooms.  Also, a small minority of people are highly sensitive to psilocin, and some people can trip ballz off of 1 dried gram.  Most may only feel faint threshold effects at this dose.

Here are a few (just a few, comb through everything the Shroomery has to offer) helpful links:

Mushroom Dosage Calculator

What is, and how can I avoid/reduce come up anxiety?

Mushroom Notice

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: MorphinTime]
    #15797160 - 02/12/12 11:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MorphinTime said:
CLIT, like it has been mentioned several times before, please do a lot more reading and research.  It seems like you took the initiative to learn how to cultivate mushrooms and obtain spores, but you didn't really continue your studies and learn about psilocybe mushrooms themselves.  It's apparent you did some reading on them, but you're asking some very basic questions whose answers you would have come across by reading more here on the Shroomery.

I find that the best way to obtain the information you're looking for is to:

1.  Research as much as you can.  The Shroomery has so much info about mushrooms; it's simply amazing! 

2.  When you have a question about information you find (after you read, read, read, and read some more), search posts on the message board to see if someone has asked your question before.  Chances are someone has, and the answer is there waiting for you.

3.  If you can't find a question posted that corresponds with your own, then definitely make a thread asking your question.  Plenty of posters here are delighted to share knowledge.

It seems like what you've been doing in this thread is asking others to give you all the answers to make up for the research you didn't do/do enough of.  You have to be responsible for your own knowledge.  Asking questions is great, but only if you've exhausted your ability to find the answers yourself.

Please do a lot more research, I swear learning about shrooms is enthralling.  I do commend you for starting with a microdose.  It's good to see if you're allergic to shrooms before jumping in on a dose large enough to trip from.  Having a reaction while tripping would be a less than favorable outcome to eating shrooms.  Also, a small minority of people are highly sensitive to psilocin, and some people can trip ballz off of 1 dried gram.  Most may only feel faint threshold effects at this dose.

Here are a few (just a few, comb through everything the Shroomery has to offer) helpful links:

Mushroom Dosage Calculator

What is, and how can I avoid/reduce come up anxiety?

Mushroom Notice

THIS. END OF TOPIC, SHUT IT DOWN NAIL HAS BEEN HIT ON HEAD.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: trANce]
    #15799784 - 02/12/12 08:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:laugh2:ya man, he's so right please ^^

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: first try of psilocybin, low dose, no hallucinations [Re: dogstar] * 1
    #15802309 - 02/13/12 10:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dogstar said:
Sounds clearly like he tripped this time.. not a strong trip obviously, but still noticeable threshold effects. 20min onset, 2-3hour duration, CEVs, emotional ups and downs, laughing for no reason, slight wobbliness when walking. If that isn't a mild mushroom trip I don't know what is.

But CLIT, I think it's odd that you go from that to saying that your earlier experience after eating what is by any standard a sub-threshold dose of mushrooms was actually a trip.. it is clear that it wasn't, and almost certain to have been a panic reaction.

I agree with this. :thumbup:

Quote:

sof4r0ckeRs1984 said:
You should just keep in mind that you have just taken 1 gram dry, which is a rather small dose. However, many people are comfortable with small doses, you have a funny time and it's not overwhelming. When you take more, you will notice different visual effects plus stronger effects on your feelings, which can give a journey a completely different and at times overwhelming turn.

And this :thumbup:

:tigerbunny:

Quote:

CLIT said:
I always thought eyes had to be open so I can see the "effects" on the walls, but it turns out this is not TV to "see" it. I guess it does not work this way then. Eyes have to be closed. It's almost like a daydream actually but eyes closed, not sleeping either.

With a small dose, yes, the main thing you will see are "closed-eye-visuals." It does feel to me like slipping into a kind of dreamy trance.

I think of my CEV of being of 3 different types:

1) "Hypnagogic" imagery (like Zulu mentions), the kind of random images that pop up of "dogs on bicycles" or whatever - I see things like rows of toys. They tend to be almost cartoonish, brightly colored, often include objects in rows or grid patterns, and seem fairly trivial or silly.

2) Dreamlike/visionary imagery - the stuff mentioned as "like being in a dream/nightmare or movie. I saw short episodes of different scenes, both hilarious and depressing. I saw Armageddon." Scenes of more realistic imagery, sometimes almost like a slide show of images, or a short scene that takes place in my head - as though I am watching "the psilocybin show" on a private TV channel. This imagery seems to convey a kind of "message" or be linked with a particular emotional state - happy/gloomy/sinister.

3) Classic psychedelic imagery - "Grateful Dead t-shirt rainbow visuals." These are the characteristic fluorescent, shiny, extremely luminous abstract shapes that move, morph, repeat endlessly and glow behind my eyelids like neon signs. They develop out of the hypnagogic stuff, get stronger as the trip gets harder, and can become quite overwhelming. The "trip" itself seems to be embodied here, occasionally the shapes will form some kind of face, and during the peak of the trip this imagery feels like a gateway to some other realm.

The hypnagogic imagery is "located" right behind my eyelids, like staring at a TV screen. The classic psychedelic fluorescent imagery is also "located" behind my eyes, although as the trip gets stronger it just seems to be "there" whether my eyes are open or closed. The dreamlike/visionary imagery is closer to the way that sober imagination works, although much more vivid.

:feelsshroomyman:

Quote:

I think it will be more of a trip to see something with my eyes open, but like I said I lose the "show" everytime I try to open my eyes.

One thing you will probably notice with eyes open is that your peripheral vision becomes unusual, for example you sense things are drifting or moving, but whenever you look directly at them they appear normal. Sometimes it's not what you are looking at directly, it's what's at the edges of your vision. As the trip gets stronger, the open-eye-visuals get more obvious - shadows in the room seem to drift, colors look odd, surfaces seem to reflect light in an unusual way. Subtle things, but interesting.

A typical thing to see as the trip gets a bit stronger is that there is a kind of "word-soup" within certain surfaces such as carpets - indistinct shapes or letters within the surface. As the dose level increases, there are other strange visual effects, but often I don't pay full attention to them because my train of thought is speeding up and becoming more fragmented, confused and delusional.

Quote:

I think it's kinda scary to see something you're not supposed to see with eyes open.

The issue is not so much this, it's that at the dose level where you see vivid open-eye imagery, the trip is going to be quite strong. The "mindfuck" element is generally more powerful than the visual element, which is why tripping on mushrooms purely for visuals can lead to trips that are unexpectedly strong and difficult to handle. See this post - Re: Preparing oneself for extreme visual hallucination

Talking about "mindfuck" - this is where I'd advise a lot of caution if you've had previous experience of psychosis. If you are planning trips on moderate doses (you mention 1.5g and then 2g) it's maybe not such a big issue, but if you get carried away with higher doses, it's easy to end up in a trip which becomes confusing, then disorienting, then frightening, then really, really weird, then you discover the "secrets of the universe" and become obsessed with bizarre delusional ideas until the trip wears off.

For an example of what I'm talking about, see this trip report - A Hallucinogenic Nightmare of Unbelievable Intensity - delusions, mania & pans cyans

:aliceshocker:

That trip was completely insane, but that's what can happen if you take a large dose when you aren't very experienced. After that trip, I just mentally "shrugged my shoulders" and took it as a lesson on the power of psychedelics. My worry is that someone with previous mental health issues, experiencing the same kind of trip, could become quite worried about their sanity, even though those effects are fairly routine at high doses. It might destabilize someone who has worked hard to get back on an even emotional keel.

It's rare, but not unknown, for trips to lead to a short-term psychotic episode for a few days where the tripper refuses to accept that their ideas are the result of taking a drug. If you have a previous diagnosis of psychotic disorder, my worst-case-scenario fear would be that you could potentially enter a delusional state during a trip and reactivate some lingering psychosis. Obviously, the risks depend on your individual situation (which I know very little about) and it's hard to know in advance how anyone will react to a powerful psychedelic experience. I'd just be a little cautious with the dosage, simply because when I read about psychosis, many of the elements (delusions, thought disorder) are shared with high-dose psychedelic experiences.

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale