Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: foliocb]
    #15701094 - 01/22/12 09:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

foliocb said:
Yeah, I only eat around 50-70g of carbs after dietary fiber is subtracted from net carbs. If you saw the shit I consumed on a daily basis I doubt you'd be all butthurt.

Unless your like me and the first thing you eat in the morning is a salad and put lots of cayenne pepper in your fruit smoothie, then i suggest find someone else to preach too :shrug: my diet isn't perfect but its pretty beast and took lots of discipline to get into.

fucking butthurt? you crack me up... and you compare the diet i'm promoting as if it's something you're following, when you're clearly not... paleo... atkins... same shit... i'm glad it's working for you and to be honest i'm not too proud of myself for going off like that but clearly you're condemning solid complex carbs, that provide the vitamins and minerals you'll be missing, let alone the phytonutreins and enzymes but this is your thing... just don't go implying all complex carbs are bad because you were relying on simple carbs... FACT!

but how can you be absolutely sure this isn't some kind of placebo effect at play here? i mean you were pretty down on the way things were going at one point in your life that any type of change could have had just as a profound effect on you. shit man, you could've switched from eating Corn Flakes to eating Wheaties and achieved the same results if you just put your mind to it... but no, you had to walk into the middle of my thread and suck up to a mod who was debating me over intravenous vitamin c being used to treat cancer... well guess what man? i just provided him with a link to the university of Kansas where they're not only using it, they are applying the diet and meditative practice used by orthomolecular medicine...HERE'S THE LINK TO JUST ONE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL APPLYING IV C TO TREAT CANCER. ONE OUT OF CLOSE TO THREE DOZEN... now you're going to say, hey man, that's not true, i was suggesting you were being ripped off by your doctor and that you didn't have heavy metal issues... well i'm going to say it again pal... he told me what metaLs i must have been handling without me even saying shit about it, but you rationalized it by saying, "well you know he could have easily looked up any information he needed to know about you over the internet!!!" OK, you look up Kensho Falco over the internet and tell me all about me... fuck you man... he accurately identified every single metal found in the inhibitors i handled regularly... the copper has been directly linked to schizophrenia and psychosis in bipolar and the fucking arsenic was starving my cells of oxygen... but again, you said he used tricks to accomplish this... do you know that my MD is recognized through out the fucking world? that he's setting up a video data base for future MD's to review to get a brief handle on his observations after working as a chief pathologist at a huge hospital for well over 25 years and then went onto open 4 clinics located in various locations throughout the country? and that he's developed a encyclopedia on integrative health care practice? AND HE HAS DOZENS OF DVD'S FOR THE LAYMAN TO TREAT THEMSELVES WHEN THEIR OWN MD FALLS WAY SHORT OF THE FINISH LINE... am i being butt hurt that you have the fucking balls to criticize a man who has done more in his life then your MD could only dream of? i wouldn't consider this butt hurt, i consider it complete disdain for you... he has close to 50 years of experience with every disease out there... he's fucking pioneered the many uses of injectable glutathione, established solid protocols for IV C among god knows how many other fucking protocol achievements he's made... and you have the fucking balls to come in out of nowhere and lay this shit on me... i just put up two of his videos on gout in a gout thread that is still active in this forum... why don't you watch the vids and tell me just how much of a rip off quack he is. tell me where he's wrong in saying everyone is wrong regarding uric acid in the body... maybe you know something about this... :rofl:

and when you reached out to me, wanting to do Skype i was like "look at this mother fucker dropping back into my life out of nowhere" i laughed my fucking ass off... normally i always go out of my way to help people... i can show you a list of PM's i've received from others. and a list of my wall text replies... but for you i just couldn't do it man, not after what you pulled on me, trying to trip me up in front of a moderator, sucking his ass in one huge gang up with that retard cherokee... did you know that cherokee sent me a PM weeks before thanking me for putting shit out there... he said he started to do the things i was suggesting to others and it was working for him... he's a strange mother fucker, saying hey man, thank! and then pulling your shit... there's something wrong with that dude, i even pointed out the PM he sent me and sent him a copy of what he sent me and he still tried to say my MD was ripping me off... i'm not sure what he is to be honest... even my psychologist reviewed his PM and his posts and she said she'd really have to spend time with him to be certain. anyway, i digress as a sometimes Dooooo!!!! i save every PM i receive... but i deleted yours immediately man... do you know how many people i've referred to my MD? almost two dozen, and every single one of them have been helped to the degree that they are off all of their meds... has your MD been able to remove just one patient off any med? short of you stopping adderal?

i used to respond to your pleas as anonymous, but i did it in a way where i didn't go off on my long rants on what i would do if i were you... i did keep it cool as to not make it obvious... but i never made any attempt to use capital letters and i phrased things in a way to tip my hand because i wanted you to know it was me... and i have a real strong gut feeling you knew it was me too... that's the way i wanted it... i wanted to play the same fucking head games you tried to play on me....... i asked you, what makes you think you're suffering from deersonalization/derealization... i asked for you to describe some of your experiences in order to try at least ease your mind that you weren't but you failed to reply... that was going to be my one attempt to help you. but you made sure you had the last word in regarding the fucking placebo effect in my thread... my wife tried to pull a placebo on me when i was still drinking coffee by trying to use Maxwell house instead of Folgers and i knew first sip i was drinking Maxwell house... :lol: i've always been pretty difficult to trip over man, but you managed to do it... kudo's bro!!! a complete stranger fucked with my head out of desperation trying to defend an honest man to who? you? my wife and sister said fuck this dude, don't let him get to you!!! but when i received your PM. i just couldn't let it go... i even asked the great spirit for guidance... i don't know if you believe in that shit but i do... i'm kind of a blend between Pantheism, Taoism/Buddhism and just a lil sprinkle of new age Jesus... :lol: i'm being serious... i even thought about you one day when i was tripping out in the woods with my dogs, days after receiving your PM and it started to ruin my trip man, so much so, i just sat on the ground and started to think about trees... i just started thinking about every single fucking tree around me... i began to practice mindfulness right the on the spot... i began to try to live in the moment instead of the past and it worked like a fucking dream. you were no longer a worry of mine.... maybe one day i'll PM you my Skype and leave it up to you, but right now you represent too much negative energy for me at the moment. how you could fuck with somebody like that is beyond the pale... you saw how important me putting this information out there and you tried to trip me over... tell me man, is it some sort of placebo that i no longer express symptoms of bipolar and schizophrenia? is this some sort of placebo effect too? because if it is, how can you be so fucking sure your diet change isn't a placebo effect? maybe if you put your mind to it you can convince your subconscious that you can survive on eating shredded cardboard... all you'd have to do is sprinkle a little spice on it in order to involve the sense  of taste into the experience... the more senses you can involve in the experience the easier it is to trick the subconscious... i learned this little trick from my somatic psychologist the mind over body... body over mind shit... powerful shit... you should know!!! you went out of your way to explain my experience to me... well now i'm just explaining your experiences to you... let's see how many years it''l take before your body finally trips up.... i'll always be a member of the Shroomery regardless where my life will lead in the near future and i've got it set up that i receive a PM when ever anyone sends me a PM, so feel free to admit how this caused cancer or some shit, cause then i'll be able to remind you to try IV C first, before chemo or radiation...

(edit) and i forgot top mention in my last post... you made it a point to point out that i spam a stinking link as opposed to typing out a fucking wall of text... well guess what? you better get over it because i'm gonna continue spamming since you consider this some sort of spamming... what should i do? tell them to look for a thread? after doing this for a month you'll be accusing me of spamming that shit too! yeah, you batter get used to it... either that or place me on ignore, because i'm telling you now, doing this will not bother me in the least... i already have one person ignoring me, there was two but one decided to stop blocking me for some reason, so you won't be the first and i'm fucking sure as fuck you won't be my last...

Kensho :psychsplit:

Edited by cateyes (01/22/12 10:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: daz01] * 1
    #15701484 - 01/22/12 11:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
Lol at the nutrition major not realising he has been taught a lie.

Newsflash, grains are toxic. They are nutritionally empty, they are extremely inflammatory and inhibit nutrient absorption.... That's to name a few.
Agriculture first came about 10, 000 years ago in EU, 5, 000 in us. That's when we went down hill. Excess food > growing population > illnesses and diseases become the highly norm in our culture.

It is common sense, LOGICAL, that we should try and follow the diet, best we can,  our ancestors who suffered and made us who we today with the foods they are then (meat, fish, veg, fruit, seeds, nuts, plants)

this. fucking THIS

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #15701574 - 01/22/12 11:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i'm not too proud of myself for going off like that but clearly you're condemning solid complex carbs

Good, you shouldn't be proud because you're wrong. I promote vegetables and eat them on a daily basis. Did you fail to read my post and see that I eat a fucking salad for breakfast? Whens the last time you shoveled a good sized salad down your piehole the first thing when you woke up? Chances are probably never:shrug:

Grains are bad, don't care how you look at em. There are much better options available that nature offers that doesn't require refining or any other synthetic method to create them. Like uh.. vegetables?! :ass:

As far as your IV VitC goes, im glad its working for you, placebo or no placebo :wink:

--------------------
^v^

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15701695 - 01/22/12 12:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
Lol at the nutrition major not realising he has been taught a lie.

Newsflash, grains are toxic. They are nutritionally empty, they are extremely inflammatory and inhibit nutrient absorption.... That's to name a few.
Agriculture first came about 10, 000 years ago in EU, 5, 000 in us. That's when we went down hill. Excess food > growing population > illnesses and diseases become the highly norm in our culture.

It is common sense, LOGICAL, that we should try and follow the diet, best we can,  our ancestors who suffered and made us who we today with the foods they are then (meat, fish, veg, fruit, seeds, nuts, plants)

Like I said: Provide some proof. I already stated "don't give me psuedo bro science"

If you got proof of your statement, let science back it up. Until then, have fun. PS: veggies and fruits are carbs. Oh noes!

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15701713 - 01/22/12 12:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

foliocb said:
Yeah, I only eat around 50-70g of carbs after dietary fiber is subtracted from net carbs. If you saw the shit I consumed on a daily basis I doubt you'd be all butthurt.

Unless your like me and the first thing you eat in the morning is a salad and put lots of cayenne pepper in your fruit smoothie, then i suggest find someone else to preach too :shrug: my diet isn't perfect but its pretty beast and took lots of discipline to get into.

So your body is running off ketones, the survivalist. Definitely not the preferred state, but hey, you're surviving. No problem.

Whatever works for you, right?

I hope the majority of your diet is fat then. Because excessive protein isn't good for you.

Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: Uzziel] * 1
    #15701744 - 01/22/12 12:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I only consume about 100g of protein a day. Btw,

Quote:

PS: veggies and fruits are carbs. Oh noes!

Daz never said fruits and veggies are bad. He said grains were bad. Did you not read his post or something?:hmm:

--------------------
^v^

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15701792 - 01/22/12 12:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

100 grams isn't too bad. More than needed, but not too bad. What again is your diet like? 400 calories from protein, 200 calories from carbs... and the rest from fat? Yikes... not too sure how I feel about that! But yeah, have fun with ketones because you are definitely in a ketogenic diet.. So what exactly do you eat daily? I'm curious, because if you exercise at all that means you're needing over 2k cals just from fat and I'm not seeing how you do it.

And yes, I read his post, and I told him I don't like bro science. I'm a nutrition major and I've written plenty of papers and I've read a lot of scientific studies / peer review journals over nutrition and I've never come to the conclusion that whole grains are bad.

I just said the oh noes, in general, to this thread because this thread is about low carbs/no carbs... and fruits and veggies should be one of the main staples IMO

Like said... if you want to say I'm wrong, just prove me wrong. It really is that easy.

Carbs are good for you just as fat, bad carbs are bad, just like unhealthy fats are bad.

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #15701808 - 01/22/12 12:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was doing extremely low carb dieting for a few weeks, but I have introduced some more healthy carbs into my diet. I eat a big salad with multiple veggies at least 5 times a week. I also eat a good amount of mixed nuts. Eggs with cheese are breakfast almost everyday, and I usually eat a bunch of red meat for dinner. My lunch which is usually a salad is supplemented with a small chicken breast. On top of this I will normally have 2 or 3 protein shakes a day right after I lift weights. This puts my daily protein consumption around 160+ grams a day. This is pretty high, but the shakes are 25-30 grams of protein each, and I doubt my body can absorb that much from a relatively small amount of liquid.

Those of you saying that more than 70 grams is pointless are wrong imo. Recommendations like that are for the average person who doesn't do an intense weight training regimen. I am 180 lbs of lean mass, that engages in heavy lifting oriented towards bodybuilding five times a week, so I will obviously need more than the average person. Keeping in mind that about 50 grams of my daily protein is from shakes, that puts me a little over 100 grams from solid foods a day which seems reasonable. I suggest protein shakes because they are a quick way to get protein in your system right after a workout which has been shown to increase gains.

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
    #15702659 - 01/22/12 04:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Uzziel said:

Like I said: Provide some proof. I already stated "don't give me psuedo bro science"

If you got proof of your statement, let science back it up. Until then, have fun. PS: veggies and fruits are carbs. Oh noes!

note: typed on mobile and software is shit to struggling to edit mistakes.

Poor guy. There is plenty of proof now. Do your own homework. Wake up and smell the truth. You were taught a lie. We (note, everyone, including your University, which is funded by the government) get told to eat grains because they are cheap and promote illnesses. Bad human health equals a cause for the millions of different medicines and health services we get nowadays which equals MONEY for the government and pharmaceuticals.
Reading comprehension, nobody in this thread has said veg or fruit is bad. Eating low carbs is based on your lifestyle. lmao at thinking 300g of carbs is fucking normal, that's fucking crazy. Say hi to high insulin levels which.equals sidesaddle, illnesses and an early life. You were hand fed lies, like everyone else and believe what you get told without thinking about other.possibilities

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: 4896744]
    #15702777 - 01/22/12 04:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

foliocb said:
Quote:

i'm not too proud of myself for going off like that but clearly you're condemning solid complex carbs

Good, you shouldn't be proud because you're wrong. I promote vegetables and eat them on a daily basis. Did you fail to read my post and see that I eat a fucking salad for breakfast? Whens the last time you shoveled a good sized salad down your piehole the first thing when you woke up? Chances are probably never:shrug:

Grains are bad, don't care how you look at em. There are much better options available that nature offers that doesn't require refining or any other synthetic method to create them. Like uh.. vegetables?!

As far as your IV VitC goes, im glad its working for you, placebo or no placebo :wink:

i had a total of 4 treatments using IV C, because it has to be used with the chelator, but you were the knuckle head who said the metal's were all in my head and accused my doctor of ripping me off, you know, the old placebo effect... i didn't have cancer idiot, i didn't need a longer use of IV C then necessary to pull the metals...

let's see... what exactly does a VEGAN eat for breakfast?  DOHHHH!!! maybe a fucking salad? maybe a fucking huge salad... i mean, i just got done saying about 55-60% of my diet calories is vegetables. man, i knew you weren't the sharpest knife in the drawer but you're turning out to be quite a blunt butter knife... :rolleyes: i avoid grains all together really... it's not unusual for a loaf of whole grain bread to go stale. i'm not a vegetarian... what stands out in my sig? DOOHHH!!! :sunny:GO VEGAN!:sunny:

OK, so you eat 50 grams of carbs each day. how many calories do you eat each day? because according to my carb calculator you're eating 200 calories in carbs. i had to get the calculator out just to be sure... :rolleyes: how many calories are you eating? how much protein are you eating? let's just assume your splitting it right down the middle. i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. 2400 calories? is this safe to assume? after carbs, that leaves 2200 calories split down the middle between protein and fats. 92% of your diet is proteins and fats. and you're eating grain fed meat, loaded with hormones and antibiotics and probably adrenaline since the cattle have to be freaking the fuck out and since they're pretty much standing still and not running around the pastures that adrenaline is never burned in the muscle. you don't think you wouldn't be producing adrenaline while hearing the sound of the machinery that's about to take your life... have you ever seen "earthlings"? the cattle refuse to walk up the ramp and have to be cattle prodded along the entire length of the ramp... you don't think they're producing tremendous amounts of adrenaline under these conditions? they're probably releasing adrenaline the moment they're loaded onto the truck... this sounds yummy to me... :lol: so between the growth hormones, antibiotics and adrenaline you got yourself one happy meal there.

ohh, you're eating chicken... same shit, hormones and antibiotics... maybe not too much in the way of adrenaline because chickens, as much as i like a chicken, they're a little less aware of whats going on... yeah, there's a guy in the spiritual forum who was telling me about the butcher process on factory farms in Australia... he said the chickens just looked at him with this dumb look but the cattle knew they had it coming... these were his exact words... i can dig up the thread if you'd like... i'm not saying chickens aren't sentient beings but cattle are definitely more aware of whats about to happen...

ohhh... ohh ... you eat fish!!! great!! fish farming use the highest amounts on antibiotics out of all of the factory farming processes per pound of meat in order to kill off bacteria that rapidly accumulate in the over crowded growing ponds... so not only are they laden with antibiotics they are nutritionally weak compared top their bro's that grow in the wild... very little omega 3's plus they have to add chemicals to the ponds to reinvigorate the natural color. who knows what these chemicals can do to you if they're able to restore natural color to the fish... then they're parasites that survive the antibiotics. and there are parasites in fish, at least that's what the consumer agencies are reporting... you see, the last thing our government wants to do is raise awareness on what's in our food... Hmmmmm... good stuff...

do you know that the united states and china are the only two developed countries that allow the use of growth hormones? and we far out lead in the use of antibiotics, even over china according to what i've read... and if you use dairy, well you have the growth hormones and antibiotics of course but you also have a maximum amount of an established safety limit of puss in your milk and dairy, plus other biological components i'm not quite clear of what they are... but i'm not wasting my time checking it out because i don't have to worry about it you see... but if i did eat and drink the shit I'd sure as hell would want to know what half that shit is... thank god the FDA and USDA are looking out for you by establishing maximum allowable limits... thank god they're looking out for you and not the profitability of the farms themselves... after all, we need to have our cattle raised on grains when their digestive tract was designed to eat nothing but grass... hey!!! wasn't it you who said that grains cause inflammation? was it you or the guy standing behind you? that's it, turn around and look... :lol: do you think it's a good idea to eat meat that has been inflamed all it's growing life? and then there's the issue of feeding cattle cattle... that's right, they take remaining scraps of animals and combine it in the feed.. and then we have the issue of mad cows disease... it takes a specific amount of time for a cow to express outward symptoms of bovine spongiform encephalopathy... so if they're processing animals fast enough they never show signs... but here is the problem... many of them do express signs but make it into the processing plant as long as they can walk up the ramp... these are the established rules... some cattle are so wasted they have to be fork trucked into separate trucks but you won't see that personally because you eat well those cattle meet McDonalds and the rest of the fast food chains standards... don't believe me? i can very easily post the full version of earthlings for you've to watch... you like using that little popcorn eating greamlin... well you can make yourself a big bag of popcorn and watch the documentary... just let me know, i have it in my Utube files, just ready for a carnivore to watch... i didn't make any of this shit up... it's either in the documentary or on the net... you know what? don't let me know, i'm just gonna put it up... i'll just see how many hit's it gets, because i sure as hell know i wont get a comment. i may have already posted it here already, i know i posted it in another forum and i've put it up on other sites too.

so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and giver you 10 years before you develop some kind of disorder... red meat has recently been linked to diabetes... it's already linked to colon cancer... some of the experts claim it's due to the growth hormones coming in dierect contact with the colon walls... 18 hours of transit time through the colon before elimination... eating it everyday, so the colon is exposed to the hormone pretty much 24 hours around the clock... but there are studies that have proven there is an indirect relationship between getting colon cancer and the use of specific supplements... these were in studies i found on PubMed... some of the researchers were so impressed some of them said these results can't be ignored and further studies must be done, so there you go, prove me wrong by using the specific supplements... but i'm not gonna tell you what the supplements they are, i'll let you search PubMed for the info for yourself... after all, this your colon we're talking about here, not mine... :ass:

and like i've said, if a world class runner like gary null who really isn't primarily a runner in life can eat 80 grams of protein a day since he was 5 and he's now 68 or so. well, i want some of that... i look at meat eaters at that age and i swear they sometimes look hollow inside... kind of dead, like the meat they eat... and converting huge amounts of solid vegetable carbs isn't going to cause me any sugar issues, so don't you worry your head about me, worry about this quality of meet and fat you're eating.

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: daz01] * 1
    #15702789 - 01/22/12 04:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Fucking software. One I hit a certain amount of sentences, thing bugs out.

I disagree on counting what you eat and going off percentages. People should there fucking heads and eat a balanced diet.
For people on low carb eating habits, the "low" part is still based on how active you are. Shit. Use your common sense. For example, some might consider 50 grams low. I could not survive on that. I guesstimate I consume at least 100 grams of carbs, I don't count and never will. Our bodies are designed for when and if.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: daz01]
    #15702967 - 01/22/12 04:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Do my homework? Really? :lol: I'm a nutrition major. I've done more than my homework.

I asked for proof of toxicity and proof that carbs are bad. You tell me to go find out myself.

Derp. I can see how well the bro science is in you, the force is strong young one.

Invisiblethodub

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: Uzziel]
    #15702998 - 01/22/12 04:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone knows excess carbs turn into unnecessary fat that it why I am weary of having a large carb intake. I'd rather get most of my energy from lean protein and some fat but of course I know your body does need some carbs to function so I try to incorporate some into my diet especially after a hard workout where my body will make the best use of them. Too much protein is a myth and for people that body build over 100g per day is not unheard of.

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: thodub]
    #15703102 - 01/22/12 05:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

thodub said:
Everyone knows excess carbs turn into unnecessary fat that it why I am weary of having a large carb intake. I'd rather get most of my energy from lean protein and some fat but of course I know your body does need some carbs to function so I try to incorporate some into my diet especially after a hard workout where my body will make the best use of them. Too much protein is a myth and for people that body build over 100g per day is not unheard of.

This is why I facepalm at the general populations knowledge on the human diet. Over 100g per day for BODY BUILDERS. YES. PROFESSIONAL BODY BUILDERS. Do you see how much mass and muscle they have? A normal person does not even half of that.

Too much protein a myth. Really now. Do you have any merit to what you're saying, or this is more bro science?

I can GUARANTEE you there is such a thing as too much protein. There are long term health effects. I'll give you the biggest hint: Your kidneys and liver.

This is why I stop bothering posting. It's when people don't know and they spout the shit they believe to be true as fact. A normal person doesn't need more than 60-70 grams of protein a day, and yes, that is if they are exercising and using weights. Most of your diet should be coming from healthy fats and healthy carbs. NOT lean proteins..

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

#15703371 - 01/22/12 06:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You are funny, at best. We have provided you with reasons, use your initiative and look yourself. Stay in denial, little boy.
I'm not getting into the discussion about protein and shit, BUT, the general  recommendations are the same for all sports, recommendations made by experts i.e. 1 Gram of protein per pound of body weight. Me = 210lb = 210 grams of protein, which is rather easy. Oh shit, everyone is wrong, you've got a major in nutrition, you're right.
Everything is toxic in excess quantity, even water. It's ridiculous to say protein will be negative in quantities we are talking. Do you realise how easy 70 grams of protein could be reached by a normal, inactive person? You are honestly saying average Joe and the motivated weight lifter have the same protein needs? I am struggling to take what you say seriously.

I repeat myself. You were hand fed lies and refuse to believe anything else you are told. Denial and ignorance at its best.
Enjoy your early life with your recommended daily intake of 300 grams of carbs? ROFL.

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: daz01]
    #15703422 - 01/22/12 06:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I asked for scientific proof multiple times. Surely that would be possible if what you are saying is true. I'm just a boy in denial, right? So help me out here and show me some studies backing your claims. Especially the protein claim.

Just show me some proof, and I'll believe you. Like I said before, I am eagerly awaiting to be proven wrong, and the best you've done is insult me. Shows a lot about you, not about me. Unlike you.. I actually just want to know the truth and tell people as it is from what I've learned in a professional setting.

So, again, provide some proof or keep your childish insults to yourself, thanks.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#15705717 - 01/23/12 02:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hello my friend!  Sorry your thread got hijacked by the whole grain v. no-grain thing, it is a hot debate these days.  No grain does seem to make sense in terms of cutting out unnecessary calories from a diet, but it is not a cure-all by any means.

Quote:

anyone have tips for when I crave things that are not allowed, especially when I am in this introduction phase?

Eat breakfast everyday first thing when you wake, even when you don't feel like it.  Eggs are incredible, as the slogan states.  A good breakfast has a huge impact on reducing food cravings later in the day.

Get high % cocoa bar, the fancy kind, and have a little bit of that when you need a sweet fix, it is good for you.

It is important that you develop a routiene that you can stick to, make it a lifestyle change not a diet.  When you slip up, and we all do, don't try to starve yourself to make up for it, just get back onto the routiene ASAP and stay focused on the long term.

Good luck!  :peace::saladbowl:

Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: Uzziel] * 2
    #15705740 - 01/23/12 03:06 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Just show me some proof, and I'll believe you.

Would you like me to take a pic of my body so you can see how much better off it is now? Or is that not 'proof' enough for you? Want me to dig something up on wikipedia for you? you and kensho seem to rely on that site for 'trusted' information a lot.

Quote:

i just got done saying about 55-60% of my diet calories is vegetables

yawn... actually you said 55-60% comes from carbs. Not just vegetables. Nice try though.

Quote:

i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. 2400 calories?

again, nice try. You like assuming weird stuff dont ya? I only eat 1800 calories roughly each day. Also, I dont count dietary fiber towards carbs, I subtract it. Do you know why? You should.

Quote:

ohh, you're eating chicken... same shit, hormones and antibiotics

Nice try. I live very close to an organic farm and only eat grass fed chickens. I actually pick out the unlucky bastards that I will be eating the next week.

Quote:

ohhh... ohh ... you eat fish!!! great!! fish farming use the highest amounts on antibiotics out of all of the factory farming processes per pound of meat in order to kill off bacteria that rapidly accumulate in the over crowded growing ponds

Yep... haven't seen this one before. Oh wait, more assuming. I live in Hawaii sir, and half of my family are fisherman and we own a lot of boats and do our own fishing. I have many freezers full of fish ready to go that haven't been 'farmed'. And we also test them for mercury. Guess what? There wasn't shit.

Quote:

so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and giver you 10 years before you develop some kind of disorder...

Kinda like how you got your 'schizoaffective' disorder? :lol:

Quote:

i had a total of 4 treatments using IV C, because it has to be used with the chelator, but you were the knuckle head who said the metal's were all in my head and accused my doctor of ripping me off, you know, the old placebo effect... i didn't have cancer idiot, i didn't need a longer use of IV C then necessary to pull the metals...

Aren't we humans such amazing creatures? We have a profound ability to take words someone said in the past, twist them into shit and make it look like they said something completely different. I never accused your doctor of shit. What I did say, was that there's basically no way for you to know for sure and it's all credulous at best. But I guess you missed that, and also missed how I said 'hey, if it works for YOU though, then have a great day fucker!' But it doesn't seem like you have any peripheral vision... hmm maybe a lack of protein? :wink:

Quote:

and when you reached out to me, wanting to do Skype i was like "look at this mother fucker dropping back into my life out of nowhere" i laughed my fucking ass off

Quote:

i used to respond to your pleas as anonymous

so brave

Quote:

and i phrased things in a way to tip my hand because i wanted you to know it was me... and i have a real strong gut feeling you knew it was me too

well that gut feeling was definitely wrong mr. grudge holder. I don't look at anon posts and try to decipher who it actually might be. I usually consider anon posters to be young teens on the verge of suicide. I guess I was pretty close :shrug:

Quote:

has your MD been able to remove just one patient off any med? short of you stopping adderal?

I don't really give a shit to be honest. MD's are in it for the money regardless of what you, they, or anyone else says. I got on adderal because I wanted to. And I don't regret it- it was an experience that came with some great life lessons. And i'm off it now and did it through willpower alone... didn't need any IV vitaminC either!!! holy crap.

a complete stranger fucked with my head out of desperation trying to defend an honest man

Yep, because you obviously can't be the one to blame here :lol: Your own psychology obviously has nothing to do with the fact that you allow external figures to 'fuck with your head'. Maybe you should stop fucking with your own head and projecting the blame to other people? Internet people of all:rofl2:

Quote:

i even thought about you one day when i was tripping out in the woods with my dogs, days after receiving your PM and it started to ruin my trip man

really? Me wanting to have a mindful conversation with you ruined your trip? :lol: Glad the trees were there to help:shrug2:

but right now you represent too much negative energy for me at the moment.

I guess it's comforting knowing that you can project your 'negative' energy and blame me as the culprit... I guess if it makes you feel better:shrug:

tell me man, is it some sort of placebo that i no longer express symptoms of bipolar and schizophrenia?

maybe:shrug: There's no way to know for sure so why bother speculating? The power of the mind and the power of rituals is beyond our comprehension.

because if it is, how can you be so fucking sure your diet change isn't a placebo effect?

It probably is for all I know. All I know is that it's working and thats all that matters to me right now. But who cares, were all going to rot and die regardless if you eat hormone'd chicken or not... or if you're a vegan or not... jokes on you:lol:

Quote:

because i'm telling you now, doing this will not bother me in the least

We can tell.

wow, you seem like such a humble person. I definitely admire you more than ever now.

Yep, you hold grudges just as much as any fat plug who eats fast food every day, seem to stress over shit on the internet just like I did when I was 15. I guess some transcend and some dont:shrug:

--------------------
^v^

Edited by foliocb (01/23/12 03:09 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: ApopGirl] * 1
    #15705871 - 01/23/12 05:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to the wonderful world of nutrition... try not to drown in the conflicting information.  I'm a vegan and I train for endurance sports, thus I have spent a lot of time researching nutrition.  The one thing I have learned is that the world of nutrition is full of contradictory BS.  My advice is based upon my own observations, thus it may be good or bad, but it works for me.

Ignore the fad diets.  All protein is bad.  All carb is bad.  No carb is bad.  No fat is bad.  All fat is bad.  etc, etc, etc.  Learn to listen to your body and eat balanced meals.

Avoid sugary drinks at all costs.  Drink water or tea rather than fruit juice, soda, milk, energy drinks, alcohol, etc.  I have to run two miles to burn off the calories from one can of soda.

Change your eating habits rather than what you eat.  Three big meals a day leads to obesity.  Lots of tiny (healthy) snacks throughout the day leads to weight loss.  Never 'stuff yourself' with a big meal.  Instead, eat a small handful of something when you get hungry.  I usually eat twice an hour, throughout the day, but never more than a small handful of anything at any given time.

Do not reward yourself with large meals / sugary drinks (sports drinks) after exercise.  Instead, eat a healthy, low calorie portion of something that is high in protein after exercise.

Be gentle on yourself and don't expect results to happen quickly.  Look at the long term of years, not the short term of weeks.  Some weeks will be good, some will be bad, but the trend over years is what matters.  It is very easy to consume a pound of calories.  It is very difficult to exercise away a pound of calories.  I have to run around 30 miles to burn away one pound of calories, and about half of that will come back immediately as soon as I eat.

The big things... change your eating habits more than your diet and be careful listening to the marketing hype.  Instead, learn to listen to your body.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15705939 - 01/23/12 06:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well let's face it sport, you popped in out of nowhere and dropped that shit in my lap... and the only reason why the thought of you stressed me out is i was tripping on an eighth. i don't know what your experience is regarding a psychedelic like psilocybin but i began to be in a sort of crisis, but like i've said, this flies right over your numbskull head... :lol: you clearly have no fucking clue about anything regarding hallucinogens and how they can rip you apart. and you did accuse my doctor... on a number of occasions... was it not you who said he'd be able to find out anything about me over the net? did you see if you could find much on me? tell me everything about me man. you'll find somethings, but my dad made sure everyone in my family has a very low net profile. you can do it for less then $600.00... was it worth it for him to do this for my sisters and i? fuck yes! i don't have to worry about my identity being ripped to shreds, but i digress... you said, how could i be really sure i had metals? i even think you agreed with cherokee that it would have been wise to get a second opinion... and yes, believe it or not my diet played a huge roll in developing schizoaffective disorder, a poor diet and genetic factors tripped me over... some people develop cancer, some MS, one might get lupus and someone like me get's mental illness... that was one of the points i was trying to make in that thread U ass.. you know diet, vitamin d deficiency, hypothyroid, adrenal issues and heavy metals that included copper and arsenic... check out what the effects of arsenic on the cell, and i expressed every symptom... dick! it's called cell oxygen starvation... at least that's the term my MD coined for it... maybe you can come up with something more brilliant, if it sounds cool, i'll pass it onto him when i see him again in february... :flipthebird:

so you have a great food source and fish that have been tested for mercury, awesome, you're lucky, i really enjoyed fish. cool that you get to pick your victim :lol: do you point at it and say yo mine bitch!

look let's face it man... you were trying to trip me over when i was dealing with two other people at that time, but instead of just ignoring you i tied to engage you too. so let's see you try to engage three people who are saying you're wrong when just three days ago i produced evidence that IV C is being widely used in teaching hospital settings... this is fucking awesome news, because we'll have a group of MD's who aren't jaded by chemo and radiation... but this is insignificant to you, that i fought hard for something that turned out to be true... that i was relying on what is real, that the AMA tested that shit at low doses in the 1970's because they weren't interested in it, yet today it's being used at the proper doses. yeah, i see that you only want to see what's convenient for you to see, but instead of saying damn dude, shit! THIS MAY SAVE MY MOM ONE DAY!!! no, you make your cute remark regarding me having schizoaffective disorder... fuck you and your own self defense mechanism that's quite easy to read... shit bro.. i think the problem is U! not your friends, you may be projecting your shit on them for all we know. how in gods name do they deal with U... your psychology is interesting to say the least... you're the type of person some dumb jock pours a beer on just for the kicks, just to see what you would do, just to shut you the fuck up... so get the last word in because i'm done with you...

(edit) a few families have been planning a vacation for this coming summer and Hawaii is one of three possibilities. to be honest with you i've already voted for Australia but Hawaii is still in the running, if it does turn out to be Hawaii i think it would be cool if you and me hook up... i'm sure i can break away from the group for several hours and we can do lunch or something... it would be interesting to actually meet the person i've dealing with... i'll even eat sushi for the occasion. maybe you can give us a heads up on what to see because quite honestly i voted no to Hawaii because i'm just not into that whole don ho shit... is that you in your avatar? or is it some significant counter culture figure?

Edited by cateyes (01/23/12 08:51 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate