Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #15668023 - 01/15/12 01:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by FractalXplora (09/03/21 02:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDebuteMachine

Re: Quiting weed after 20 years daily abuse [Re: FractalXplora]
    #15668203 - 01/15/12 03:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I stopped smoking the gang due to economic issues really, and my thought patterns and dreams have been so fucked up.

god i miss weed. everyday feels so uneventful. my last smoke was on christmas day, and it took about 3 weeks to start dreaming again. how about you man? hows your sleep been? im on a totally different schedule right now.

Edited by DebuteMachine (01/15/12 03:32 AM)

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15668502 - 01/15/12 07:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

awesome on the cigarettes and maybe you don't need to go the entire 6 weeks because i'm not really sure where eliminating blood levels will help you remain more in control when you start again, but you know U more then anyone here does that's for sure... i don't see a problem returning to smoking if it hasn't caused any mental or physical issues for U. what you have to do from this point on is just be honest with yourself... if you see it getting out of control you need to check yourself, say "damn! what the fuck am i doing?" and step away again and dig deep... if it turns out you're psychologically addicted to it then maybe at that point you do have a decision to make because needing something isn't cool at all.

Kensho :psychsplit:

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Quiting weed after 20 years daily abuse [Re: DebuteMachine]
    #15669086 - 01/15/12 10:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DebuteMachine said:
I stopped smoking the gang due to economic issues really, and my thought patterns and dreams have been so fucked up.

god i miss weed. everyday feels so uneventful. my last smoke was on christmas day, and it took about 3 weeks to start dreaming again. how about you man? hows your sleep been? im on a totally different schedule right now.

Well done man, getting this far, my sleep has been surprisingly good, sometimes struggle a bit to drop off but av been sleeping pretty sound, seem to wake up at 6.30am on the dot thought everyday with a spring in my step!

Dreams are freaky for sure and coming back slowly, it may be different/easier for me as hash is my smoke not super strong weed.

Quote:

awesome on the cigarettes and maybe you don't need to go the entire 6 weeks because I'm not really sure where eliminating blood levels will help you remain more in control when you start again, but you know U more then anyone here does that's for sure... i don't see a problem returning to smoking if it hasn't caused any mental or physical issues for U. what you have to do from this point on is just be honest with yourself... if you see it getting out of control you need to check yourself, say "damn! what the fuck am i doing?" and step away again and dig deep... if it turns out you're psychologically addicted to it then maybe at that point you do have a decision to make because needing something isn't cool at all.

sound advice m8, thats what Im gonna do, Im sick of cravings, so need ot keep a strict check on it, and avoids the everyday sesh habit, even if it is only on a night time, weekends only and see how it goes from there.

Thanks all.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
    #15669412 - 01/15/12 12:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Any advice from quitters I'm just taking each day as it comes, and saying ok, so Im not gonna smoke today.

That's really the best advice I can give.  Don't worry about the future and just stay in the present. 

I quite dope about 3 months before I quite smoking weed and noticed once all the drugs were out of my system my dreams got crazy.  I slept a lot better and just had the most vivid shit going on.  Sometimes I dreamt about using or smoking and it actually gave me the feeling of being high...I always had to be extra careful on days after a using dream cuz that feeling sorta lingered...

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Offlinekeeno
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Quiting weed after 20 years daily abuse [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #15682018 - 01/18/12 05:00 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

good stuff mate! I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Started smoking at 18. by 20 it was every day. by 32 I was proper getting the yips off of it. paranoia, anxiety and I'm pretty sure it weighed down on my depression making it deeper and last longer.
So I gave up for 2 months and was like "holy shit! I can sleep*, I'm more focused, I'm more confident, this is grand!"
but I love it so, and know I'll never give it up.
*= I was convinced I wouldn't be able to get to sleep without a joint... pah!

I've not smoked for a week now and and feeling grand, and generally smoke one week, then have a couple of weeks off. Works ok for me, but I'd like to be able to do that with some in the house. which I can't in any shape or form. haha. so fair fucks to you for having some and not smoking it. I deffo can't do that! If I have it, I want it.
But when I did give up, I guess I looked at it that sobriety was going to be like being on drugs (i.e. an altered state of consciousness :smile:

so my advice is enjoy the fact you're doing a good thing, and just keep going. I find I have mad dreams after day 2 of not smoking. well, I say mad dreams, they're all fucked up aren't they? haha. unbridled imagination would suck it it was a "normal" dream :smile:
So I have a cross over period where I'm as knackered/ brain dulled as if I'd been caning it, just through lack of proper deep sleep. but it's all good! doesn't last more than a few days.

and the longer you leave it, the better the stone is when you eventually go back to it.

best of luck bruv!

--------------------
Check out my Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa (Allenii) TEK

Top fungi-knowlodgy with THE TRIBE!
THE TRIBE

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Quiting weed after 20 years daily abuse [Re: FractalXplora] * 1
    #15682141 - 01/18/12 06:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

> My plan is to quit completely for two weeks and then try to become a non daily and social smoker again.

That never worked for me.  I would stop, but as soon as I started up again, I would quickly revert back to my daily habit.  I had to decide to completely stop smoking and never look back.  It took me around two weeks to lose the urge to smoke and around three months before I was back to normal (no more insomnia, strange dreams, etc).  It took a year or two for my lungs to recover.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Quiting weed after 20 years daily abuse [Re: Seuss]
    #15682390 - 01/18/12 08:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
That never worked for me.  I would stop, but as soon as I started up again, I would quickly revert back to my daily habit.  I had to decide to completely stop smoking and never look back.

My case is the same. In regard to your lungs.. what was it like? Did you ever cough up any gunk or did the lungs just clear them out slowly over time?

--------------------

Offlinemarmarwoohoo
Male

#15683850 - 01/18/12 02:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> My plan is to quit completely for two weeks and then try to become a non daily and social smoker again.

That never worked for me.  I would stop, but as soon as I started up again, I would quickly revert back to my daily habit.  I had to decide to completely stop smoking and never look back.  It took me around two weeks to lose the urge to smoke and around three months before I was back to normal (no more insomnia, strange dreams, etc).  It took a year or two for my lungs to recover.

A year or two??? wow. Didn't realize weed could do that kind of damage. How did you determine this was how long it took.  Yes, could you talk about how quiting affected your overall wellbeing.  (also an on the fence quiter myself)

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15684197 - 01/18/12 03:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

I fear I will be the same man, heres hoping not! But deep down its all or nothing with me, thanks for all the comments!

Looking forward to friday as its 2 weeks and  :volcano: , :devito:

smokey fri and sat and then off through the week, fuck it, i can do it i know i can :wink:

will report back with my progress regardless......

--------------------

Offlinekeeno
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#15684720 - 01/18/12 05:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:saulgoodman:
you can do it kid :smile:

--------------------
Check out my Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa (Allenii) TEK

Top fungi-knowlodgy with THE TRIBE!
THE TRIBE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale