Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMushie23
Entheogens
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: Shpongle1]
    #15678615 - 01/17/12 03:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shpongle1 said:
I disagree because it's not like the general population isn't getting any information about it if I wouldn't say anything.  They are simply getting incorrect and slanderous information, making it out to sound evil.  All of those people now, if and when they hear of DMT again will think "Oh, that's that stuff that's like meth!  A church near me wants to use that as a sacrament?!!  I can't have that and all of the other soccer mom's better hear about this too..."

I do get what you're saying about it being an article on a DMT bust, but still that doesn't give them the excuse to publish false information.  They may not want to post any positive information about it, but by specifically reporting untrue and negative information, it's crossing the line in my opinion.  It's just more scare tactics and misinformation.  It may not really result in any type of change, but I alone recycling doesn't do much of anything either but I still do it because I believe it is the right thing to do.  (Questionable analogy but you get what I mean...)

As much of a respected poster and moderator as Veggie is, I agree with Shpongle1.  Even though the story was about a bust and not the drug it's self, puking out false info, once again, is ridiculous.  People always say, "then do something about it rather than whining about it"...Shpongle1, you did just that!  You may have spread a little knowledge to this writer and perhaps he'll pass it along to someone else.  Of course, this wont get on the evening news or the paper, but I applaud you for speaking/making your voice heard!

--------------------
Eat Mushrooms----plug into life and nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShpongle1
Male

Loc: Above The Clouds Flag
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: Mushie23]
    #15678717 - 01/17/12 03:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man, and thanks to the others who rated me for writing the letter.  Like most of you said, I'm sure it will do very little good but still I believe it's better than sitting back and saying nothing while they continue to drag another compound through the mud that many of us hold in high regard.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: Shpongle1]
    #15682092 - 01/18/12 06:02 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by PinsWellWithOthers (03/06/12 06:14 PM)

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #15682957 - 01/18/12 11:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Epidemiologists should really focus their efforts on how information is completely fucked up while being conveyed in the media.  Seriously.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Offlinespiritinthesky112
Stranger
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #15702350 - 01/22/12 02:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well I believe he is completely incorrect as classifying DMT as a narcotic.  A narcotic is "Any psychoactive compound with sleep inducing properties" I cant speak for anyone else but dmt does NOT induce sleep for me.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: spiritinthesky112]
    #15702958 - 01/22/12 04:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spiritinthesky112 said:
Well I believe he is completely incorrect as classifying DMT as a narcotic.  A narcotic is "Any psychoactive compound with sleep inducing properties" I cant speak for anyone else but dmt does NOT induce sleep for me.

He was using it by this definition: "When used in a legal context in the US, a narcotic drug is simply one that is totally prohibited, or one that is used in violation of strict governmental regulation."

--------------------

Offlinespiritinthesky112
Stranger
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: muistrue]
    #15703085 - 01/22/12 05:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I always thought narcotics were almost exclusively CNS depressants, but what you say makes sense.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: spiritinthesky112]
    #15704264 - 01/22/12 08:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Also, who the fuck snorts DMT? Additionally, they describe as some casual drug that provides a euphoria comparing it to meth, as if you could just go to the bathroom and do a line of DMT and go out and be all euphoric and functional.

To Sphlonge1: you should have added the fact that this drug has been illegal for about 40 years and was known about and being used before that for not only thousands of years but indigenous cultures in ceremonies but was around during the psychedelic scene of the 60s while they were all still legal.

I like how the author doesn't even bother to do a google search or something, he just goes ahead and firmly states it is factual due to the source being the PA attorneys general office. What an embarrassingly shitty ass reporter. In conclusion, someone should take a pee on that guy or something with a mask on and post it on youtube. The pisser could wear a guerilla costume and maybe hide in a tree near the authors parking spot and pee on him as he exits the building and goes to enter his automobile. It'd be funny.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Edited by PsilocybinMike (01/22/12 08:51 PM)

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #15704426 - 01/22/12 09:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
I like how the author doesn't even bother to do a google search or something, he just goes ahead and firmly states it is factual due to the source being the PA attorneys general office. What an embarrassingly shitty ass reporter.

Welcome to the wide world of reporters.
You must be new here, so I will tell you this, most reporters report, they don't investigate.

But yes, I do feel your pain. It's just something we all have to learn to live with, it's been this way for generations, it won't change tomorrow.

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: 4runner]
    #15704493 - 01/22/12 09:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I like how the author doesn't even bother to do a google search or something, he just goes ahead and firmly states it is factual due to the source being the PA attorneys general office. What an embarrassingly shitty ass reporter.

Honestly, if the world were what it was supposed to be, or at least professed to be, it should, by all means, be true that what the general attorney's office is true :shrug:

I don't know why this surprises any of you; of course the know-nothing reporter thinks he is getting factual information, wtf else would he think?! Why would he question anything?!

:lmafo:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: [PA] Girard resident arrested in DMT bust [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15710258 - 01/24/12 04:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to re-rail this thread back on track, but I want to know more about this story. What's happened to the guy since? What is his bail? Is he gonna spend life in prison or what?

Yes the article was shitty. I still want to know more details though.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale