Home | Community | Message Board

Sublicious Farms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedetest86
Psychonaut

Best Temp For Golden Teacher?
    #15657004 - 01/12/12 09:24 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Best temp for Golden Teacher in the fuiting chamber?  I am finding conflicting info.  some say 80F is best cus they grow faster and others say 70F is best cus they grower denser

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshamanheart
Yogi
Male

Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: detest86]
    #15657278 - 01/12/12 10:04 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Both temps are fine. At 80 they will grow faster. All cubies have roughly the same growth parameters. I've grown GT in the summer and they grew very quickly. It was probably 75-80 on average.

OfflineKoD
Vive liber
Male

Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: shamanheart]
    #15657687 - 01/12/12 11:22 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Although risk is low on a fully colonized cake, I imagine warmer temperatures ever so slightly increase the chance of contaminant growth. Cubensis like warm tropical weather, those temperatures are well within acceptable range- I would make a guess that the 80F would produce better fruits.

OfflineSpookyCupid
Stranger

Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: KoD]
    #15657923 - 01/13/12 12:19 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Higher temps are what people use during colonization. But in the fruiting chamber most people leave them at room temp and they'll be fine. My own GT fruits are a perfect example. Seriously, cubes are cubes. Golden teacher, treasure coast, pes Hawaiian, they're all the same species. Don't try to over complicate by thinking strain really means anything. Strain is a bad term that is overused. Strains with mushrooms are definitely not the same concept as strains with weed.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any and all statements are purely fictional, and for educational purposes only.

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: SpookyCupid]
    #15658470 - 01/13/12 02:32 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by PinsWellWithOthers (03/06/12 08:43 PM)

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #15658557 - 01/13/12 03:04 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Keep your jars and your FC's at room temp.  Incubation of jars is old outdated info.  It is more prone to contam.  I and others have found that the longer the fruits take the more potent they will be.  Cubes grown at colder temps say 60F produce denser fruits.  Thats a fact the potency argument is still up in the air

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Do Good Asshole
Male

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #15658717 - 01/13/12 04:17 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:
Keep your jars and your FC's at room temp.  Incubation of jars is old outdated info.  It is more prone to contam.  I and others have found that the longer the fruits take the more potent they will be.  Cubes grown at colder temps say 60F produce denser fruits.  Thats a fact the potency argument is still up in the air

^This

--------------------
How to get a bunch of bad ass edible cultures

Currently trading quality professionally made spore prints for coir bricks, crypto currency, and Big Dog Choppers.

OfflineSpookyCupid
Stranger

Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #15660539 - 01/13/12 02:09 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

What you mean is strain is often times misused. Their is a very wide strain selection in mushroom cultivation. The problem is when people use strain when they really mean verity.

That's what I meant to say, thank you for correcting me. When people see the term strain they sometimes assume that means there are large differences in "strains". I just assumed this is why he OP asked about a specific temp for golden teacher, when the conditions he should be placing them are the same for any cubensis. People use the term strain with specific questions, but it's like asking if protein is just as important for a white person as it is for an Asian person. I was just trying to help clarify another noob. I myself am a noob to mycology, and every bit of information or clarity is always appreciated.

I didn't know about the colder temps producing denser fruits. That's something I'll have to do myself, since my b+ cakes have been producing somewhat hollow stems. The GT I have fruiting are looking fat, I wonder if those will be hollow as well....

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any and all statements are purely fictional, and for educational purposes only.

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
    #15660639 - 01/13/12 02:28 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:

I kinda dislike using the term room temperature. Different people keep their homes at different temperatures and those can range 10-20 degrees difference depending on time of year and ones propensity for hot or cold temps.  Me personally, I like to keep is as cold as I can possibly afford to.  I know others that love 80+ degrees. I keep my jars in a FC kept at about 80.  I am gonna try some out at lower temps to check out the density thing, but I understand that slows it down as well. Growing mushrooms, especially for the beginner is going to be an experiment in trial and error. I say try both temps and see what works best for you.

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: SpookyCupid]
    #15661136 - 01/13/12 04:25 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by PinsWellWithOthers (03/06/12 08:17 PM)

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #15661373 - 01/13/12 05:17 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yea room temp can be miscalled.  I consider room temp low 70's

Offlineshamanheart
Yogi
Male

#15661491 - 01/13/12 05:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't say that higher temps are a direct cause of increased contamination rates. What I would say, is that higher temps will bring out already latent contamination problems that much quicker. But given ideal growth parameters and properly applied sterile technique, colonization/fruiting will definitely occur at a faster rate. 

All this is of course assuming that you aren't cooking your cakes above 86.

OfflineShamrocker
mst3k
 User Gallery

Re: Best Temp For Golden Teacher? [Re: shamanheart]
    #15661508 - 01/13/12 06:03 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Bacteria love higher temps. I always try to keep room temps below 70°f at all stages of growth. That's always works well for me

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation