Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAmanita virosa
botanist by day
Male User Gallery

Loc: north kakalacky
Trusted Cultivator
spore farmer (buyer beware) * 1
    #15640609 - 01/09/12 03:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

spore farmer.  well, i was skeptical of syringes for 8.88.  I ordered seven syringes.  The first time I went straight to finch seed;  Out of the seven, six were contaminated with high levels of cocci bacteria;  the exception was the syringe supposidly containing P. eryginii, which grew fine, BUT turned out to be Blue oyster instead.  I didn't order blue oyster!  I complained about the contam and they sent me seven more syringes.  This time, I went straight to agar, to check for contams and grew some lovely sepidonia colonies from two of them.  the others grew out on the agar fine but http://The final straw was when one of my bags of what was supposed to be lions mane began to fruit and it ended up being shitake, yes, shitake, which I didnt even order!  Never harvested shitake off of finch seed before.  question is, do I trust that my other cultures are true or trash them all?  also, i am having trouble getting the remainging three bags of what is supposed to be lions mane to fruit at all.  wondering if I somehow ended up with a monokaryotic mycelium... FRUSTRATING!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: Amanita virosa]
    #15640659 - 01/09/12 03:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jallawos said:
spore farmer.  well, i was skeptical of syringes for 8.88.  I ordered seven syringes.

:picard:

Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
    #15640708 - 01/09/12 03:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

But we dont grow their spores, just look at them.

--------------------

OfflineAmanita virosa
botanist by day
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: dtowntoker]
    #15641076 - 01/09/12 04:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I grow edible mushrooms.  So, no problem there...

OfflineAmanita virosa
botanist by day
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15641133 - 01/09/12 04:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i did actually see sporefarmer advertised on this website.  That is where i got the link... Although it didnt SAy sporefarmer till you clicked on the link.  It just said something like "mushroom spore syringes"...

InvisibleTurbanJuice
Pokemon Master
Male

#15641248 - 01/09/12 05:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dang, thats sum shitty luck yo. I recomend SporeWorks, they are nice and everyonce in a while if your lucky and on santas good list theyll throw you an extra.

I orderd one of there specials or 10.50, 16.50 with cheapest shippin and them lovely bastards sent me 2 full of dark spores.

Sorry if this wasnt helpful.

~G0lf WANGIN~

--------------------

My Trade List

Offlinebobbob1
Salvia Smoker
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: TurbanJuice]
    #15641302 - 01/09/12 05:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

shit just ordered 3 syringes of edibles from sporefarmer

--------------------
TRADE-------------> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15538322/vc/1#15538322

Trichocereus Peruvianus Seeds--------> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130633244587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

HELP A FELLOW SHROOMERY BROTHER OUT, GENERATE SOME BITCOINS-----> http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=13417786

OfflineAmanita virosa
botanist by day
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: bobbob1]
    #15641864 - 01/09/12 07:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well,maybe you will have better luck than me

OfflineSpookyCupid
Stranger

#15642570 - 01/09/12 09:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In the future order syringes from the vendors that have positive reviews. Just look at this as a learning experience. I made the same mistake when I ordered from spores101, but I did get some real growth. I guess I just got lucky, but it sure isn't a gamble I'll make again.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any and all statements are purely fictional, and for educational purposes only.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #15645368 - 01/10/12 02:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jallawos said:
wondering if I somehow ended up with a monokaryotic mycelium... FRUSTRATING!

Its more likely a contaminate fungus which doesn't make mushrooms.  Most fungi are unnamed because they don't create fruiting bodies of any kind, so the only way to ID them is via dna sequencing.

OfflineAmanita virosa
botanist by day
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15646032 - 01/10/12 04:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

but if it is a zygo or deutero mycete won't it make asexual spores eventually?  It has to reproduce at some point.

InvisibleSporeFarmer
Work In Progress...Learning Much
 User Gallery

Loc: MI
    #15646167 - 01/10/12 05:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Amanita virosa said:
spore farmer.  well, i was skeptical of syringes for 8.88.  I ordered seven syringes.  The first time I went straight to finch seed;  Out of the seven, six were contaminated with high levels of cocci bacteria;  the exception was the syringe supposidly containing P. eryginii, which grew fine, BUT turned out to be Blue oyster instead.  I didn't order blue oyster!  I complained about the contam and they sent me seven more syringes.  This time, I went straight to agar, to check for contams and grew some lovely sepidonia colonies from two of them.  the others grew out on the agar fine but http://The final straw was when one of my bags of what was supposed to be lions mane began to fruit and it ended up being shitake, yes, shitake, which I didnt even order!  Never harvested shitake off of finch seed before.  question is, do I trust that my other cultures are true or trash them all?  also, i am having trouble getting the remainging three bags of what is supposed to be lions mane to fruit at all.  wondering if I somehow ended up with a monokaryotic mycelium... FRUSTRATING!

Wow...that is absolutely terrible to hear. We admittedly had some serious screw ups with our edible cultures...mainly from contamination creeping in from breathable LC port we later found.

Originally we worked with agar and thought our transfers were clean..but found out our means of creating the LC's was flawed in some cases. 

We also made the unfair presumption that certain sources for our cultures were indeed what they were claimed, and expanded without doing full grow outs to confirm the mushrooms species.

Long story short...no excuses on our part are acceptable...

Anyone...past or recent that had an issue with edible cultures can contact us for a full refund (include order # and name) or we will be happy to include a free colonized plate/slant for whatever species you had contam or similar issues with.  That way there is no question of their sterility upon arrival.  Again, sorry to you and the rest of the community who got a botched culture.

--------------------

OfflineSpookyCupid
Stranger

Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: SporeFarmer]
    #15646437 - 01/10/12 06:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Selling cultures without verifying the species is awful business. Serious lack of sense, and for that reason you've lost the trust of some customers that probably will never be back. Despite the stupid pointless mistakes, I have to commend you Sporefarmer for admitting the foolishness. It's also a standup thing to make amends for those mistakes. It seems like you guys are new to the business world, and as such I'll be watching to see how you guys develop as a company. A lot of companies that are now very successful had rocky starts.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any and all statements are purely fictional, and for educational purposes only.

OfflineAmanita virosa
botanist by day
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: SporeFarmer]
    #15646685 - 01/10/12 06:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well... I appreciate the offer but you also have to consider the amount of frigging TIME I spent growing your "cultures" out, not to mention the money on agar, plates, substrate, electricity, etc.  Although I am new to this forum, I have been growing fungi on and off for 20+ years.  I got rid of the last of my culture collection in 2007, and decided to get back into it this year. Thanks for coming clean, but DAMN...  Can you let the community know WHICH cultures were cross contaminated with other edible cultures?  Do you even know?  I have Hypsizygus and Enoki on agar that I would love to knock up some grain with, but I wanna KNOW thats what it is before I waste anymore time.  And I will DEFINITELY take you up on a refund.  Do I contact your company directly via email to take car of that?

InvisibleTurbanJuice
Pokemon Master
Male

#15646711 - 01/10/12 06:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:rockon: justice is served!  :bigblunt:

--------------------

My Trade List

OfflineOGTubs
Stranger

Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: TurbanJuice]
    #15646726 - 01/10/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Go spore depot 45$ for 7 no shipping. Mind blowing deal #2 i think

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: OGTubs]
    #15649109 - 01/11/12 08:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OGTubs said:
Go spore depot 45$ for 7 no shipping. Mind blowing deal #2 i think

no, if they ain't on this list, don't buy from them. These guys are time tested and approved, and if there is a problem, you will get straightened out. Plus they pay to make this site what it is
http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

OfflinepsyShroomer
I love this shit!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX, USA
Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: SomeGuy]
    #15649137 - 01/11/12 08:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:whathesaid:

That cannot be stated enough!

--------------------
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
-Abraham Lincoln

OfflineGarfelt
Dragonslayer
Male User Gallery

Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: psyShroomer]
    #15649342 - 01/11/12 09:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lil shop of spores is awesome. Around holidays and whatnot they will have sales on ALL SYRINGES. Last time it was 20 percent off everything. That's a sweet deal.

And when I ordered from them I got exactly what I ordered, plus a second syringe of a different strain. I don't know if it was a mistake or just damn good business, but I know that I will recommend them and use them forever, barring some horrible incident.

--------------------

Offlinejwalt420
Terpin master
Male User Gallery

Re: spore farmer (buyer beware) [Re: Garfelt]
    #15649653 - 01/11/12 11:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

don't EVER EVER EVER EVEVERERER BUY FROM THE SPORE STORE!!!!!VERY BAD!! BOUGHT TEN SYRINGES OF WATER...
im shopping around this time looking for good vendor....i will only buy from sponsors.. no more noob moves for me.. i think it happens to the best of us good luck on your adventures.:getstoned:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures