Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
What supplements do you take?
    #15612778 - 01/03/12 10:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im curious as to what substances you take
I take:
Multi
B12
D3
K2
Niacin
EDTA
Phenibut
Piracetam
Gaba
L-Glutamine
L-Tryptophan
Enzymes
Glucosamine MSM
C
L-Tryptohan
Sam-E

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCavemanJohnson
Real Classy

Loc: NorCal
Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #15612838 - 01/03/12 10:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Is that your daily regimen?

I take:

Vit D3 2x daily
Aniracetam 1-2 times daily
I will cook up some eggs if I double dose the Aniracetam. Choline supplements make me jittery and uncomfortable
Spirulina
Gaba occasionally

Edit: fermented cod liver oil as well

Edited by CavemanJohnson (01/03/12 10:44 PM)

InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: CavemanJohnson]
    #15613103 - 01/03/12 11:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Multivitamin
Omega-3
D3
B complex
BCAA stack

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

OfflineNatorade
LsDmThC
Male

Loc: WI Flag
Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #15613707 - 01/04/12 03:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

multivitamin
b-complex
fish oil
gingko biloba
piracetam (+ choline)
acetyl-l-carnitine (w/ alpha lipoic acid)
picamilon
gaba
whey protein
creatine

and i got some pramiracetam on the way. im excited to try that one out!

Edited by Natorade (01/06/12 01:36 PM)

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15613710 - 01/04/12 03:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

that's quite a list... you're definitely looking out for yourself. why do you take edta? i know that people take it orally for mercury and other metals. intravenous edta is killer for metals. i've also read that gaba doesn't cross the blood brain barrier but you're taking l-glutamine which is cool. valerian is something to seriously consider taking if your interested in gaba action, at least that's what i've read and this includes info from the NIH. i take my b's and minerals separately and in capsule form. i noticed you're taking niacin separately, this is a very good thing. niacin was one of my life savers, fucking literally... you can never get enough of vitamin c, i don't give a fuck what my old doctor says. it's good that you're taking vit d because there seems to be a real problem with that, at least here in the US. i haven't found any evidence it's a problem anywhere else in the world but here. it may have something to do with the type of foods we eat, because this is the only difference between our cultures that i could think of. everything is processed and over 70% of it has been modified. who the fuck knows what these franken foods are doing to us long term in relation to genes. i know for a fucking fact it's a MAJOR player in inflammation today. a vitamin d deficiency can cause so many problems it's unreal. enzymes are cool but i never heard phenibut, i'll have to look that up. i used to take piracetam in school and that shit messed me up in the long haul. don't use more then 3.2 grams, some people are now saying 2.4 grams is enough. i also learned it's a good idea to take choline with it and not just any choline because it's supposed to have problems crossing the blood barrier too, but i'm not quite positive on this. i use a form called cdp-choline, there are other forms too. this is a good thread i found on it i found this web site about a month ago. this poster has looked at all of the studies and has done the calculations for each form of choline.  i honestly feel piracetam works because i did notice a rise in cognition at the time and i gained alot points in my chess game against strong players without doing any theory study during a very long period. just don't use too much of it...

definitely consider milk thistle, high quality though... finally main steam medicine is applying it in treating major issues. it's probably the best liver detox agent out there, at least natural ones. as a matter of fact i recently posted that if i were forced to chose only one herbal it would be milk thistle.

eat one whole lemon everyday too, pulp and all, add lemon to your water along with a small pinch of sea salt... hmmmmm, good stuff!

i'm keeping my personal use private for now... it's changed over time,  somethings have been removed and others have been added... i'm just following instructions at this point in time... in the end i'll have a final list and then i'll post to your thread. i'll toggle this so i don't forget you.

Kensho :psychsplit:

Edited by cateyes (01/04/12 03:27 AM)

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

Loc: fl
Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: Natorade]
    #15613726 - 01/04/12 03:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

At the moment:
b complex
coq10
standard multivitamin..

when i can afford it:
Vitamin Code RAW multivitamin
SuperLysine+
D3 + vitamin c
Raw honey
coq10

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Edited by evildee125 (01/04/12 03:28 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #15613854 - 01/04/12 05:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
I take:
... huge list...

I'm glad that I'm not your liver and kidneys.  I don't take any supplements on a regular basis.  If I'm doing a lot of training and building muscle, I will take iron and D3 along with an increase in leafy greens and high protein produce in my diet.

> that's quite a list... you're definitely looking out for yourself.

Or seriously overtaxing your liver and kidneys and in some cases increasing your risk of cancer.  Too much of something can often be worse than not enough.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblepsyke101
Test Subject

#15613867 - 01/04/12 05:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Fish oil tabs
Vitamin D supplement
Multivitamens

--------------------
Useful bulk substrate calculator

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: Seuss]
    #15614438 - 01/04/12 09:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i take EDTA to decrease heavy metals (I got mercury and lead poisoning when I was younger and thought Id be forever mentally slow because of it but I think EDTA may show promise)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
I take:
... huge list...

I'm glad that I'm not your liver and kidneys.  I don't take any supplements on a regular basis.  If I'm doing a lot of training and building muscle, I will take iron and D3 along with an increase in leafy greens and high protein produce in my diet.

Or seriously overtaxing your liver and kidneys and in some cases increasing your risk of cancer.  Too much of something can often be worse than not enough.

Dude this isnt a daily list thatd be crazy. On any given day I maybe take 2-3 of those

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

Loc: fl
    #15614971 - 01/04/12 12:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

First, happy birthday mistermuscaria.. and second, im just throwing this out there, but if you're concerned over levels of heavy metals in your body, i would implore you to consider this: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/cilantro-chelation-therapy-heavy-metal-detox.html

and also

List of Cilantro Benefits:
-Powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis
-Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
-Acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
-Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
-Wards off urinary tract infections
-Helps reduce feelings of nausea
-Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
-Has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping.
-Adds fiber to the digestive tract
-A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
-Gives relief for diarrhea, especially if caused by microbial or fungal infections
-Helps promote healthy liver function.
-Reduces minor swelling
-Strong general antioxidant properties
-Disinfects and helps detoxify the body
-Stimulates the endocrine glands
-Helps with insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar
-Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema
-Contains immune-boosting properties
-Acts as an expectorant
-Helps ease conjunctivitis, as well as eye-aging, macular degeneration, and other stressors on the eyes.

source for above list: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/benefits-of/cilantro

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: evildee125]
    #15615168 - 01/04/12 01:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Used to take glucosamine chondroiton for cartilidge damage until I started to read that there is no good proof that it does anything beneficial.

Quote:

A systematic review found that effect sizes from glucosamine supplementation were highest in industry-funded studies and lowest in independent studies. [13] A Cochrane 2005 meta-analysis of glucosamine therapy for osteoarthritis found that only the Rotta brand of glucosamine appeared to be superior to placebo in the treatment of pain and functional impairment resulting from symptomatic osteoarthritis.[14] However, when the low quality and older studies were discounted and only those using the highest-quality design were considered, there was no effect above placebo.  wiki

I can't afford to spend money on things I'm not sure are doing anything, rather spend it on things I know will be good for health.

Now I just eat good food, a balanced diet, as well as yoga and light exercise.  I'm feeling as healthy as I ever have since I took a more natural approach towards health and healing, I believe everything we need was here before man pressed the first pill.

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#15615186 - 01/04/12 01:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Cool, even more reasons to eat cilantro. I LOVE cilantro. I just hate how it doesn't stay good for very long and I have to use it up quickly.

I take a multivitamin, green tea extract, b complex, fish oil, and a calcium/vit D supplement. This isn't all on a daily basis, maybe two in one day and I rotate them.

--------------------

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15615212 - 01/04/12 01:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i love cilantro... this is a good thing to know! cilantro it is! everyday! i hope i don't overdose on the shit though.

Kensho :psychsplit:

Anonymous #1

#15615301 - 01/04/12 01:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

i agree, too much of anything can be harmful but what are these limits? certainly not the rda, that's for sure. what type of cancers are we talking about? just curious...

Edited by Anonymous (04/19/12 08:35 PM)

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #15616670 - 01/04/12 06:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

> Dude this isnt a daily list thatd be crazy. On any given day I maybe take 2-3 of those

Good to know; you had me worried.  I've known people that consume handfuls of pills (supplements, vitamins, and who knows what else), multiple times a day, thinking it will keep them healthy.

Also, be careful of the quality of what you are taking.  There are a lot of studies that have found many brands of supplements to be less than honest about what is in them.  Google is your friend.  Research the brands that you are consuming and make sure they are unadulterated.

--------------------

OfflinelillFish
Daydreamer
Female User Gallery

Loc: Recliner Flag
    #15616732 - 01/04/12 06:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Optimum Nutrition Women's Multi-Vitamins
Vitamin D3 2KIU
Barlean's Fish Oil Orange Flavored

sometimes at night I'll have

melatonin 3g
Valerian Root

Cilantro is so so good. I have a nice 2x2 dense patch doing nicely in this cool weather right outside the door. I hope it survives the winter and on into the spring! It doesn't seem to last long once the temperatures get higher (80F+) It goes to seed fast. I didn't know it had so many benefits. :thumbup:

--------------------
My Wish & Trade list

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#15616773 - 01/04/12 06:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I got a rash last night from niacin, I think I'll lower the amount.
Im very careful to select reputable brands and dont just go for the cheapist I can find or the generics at the grocery store.

I think Ill also upload my cilantro...I love it on rice, in thai food, mexican and just about anything really.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #15617159 - 01/04/12 08:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i eat strawberrys every now and then.  sometimes cherry's.  also, tylenol when i hurt.

Offlinetedthekid
Stranger

Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: memes]
    #15618509 - 01/05/12 01:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I take these everyday:

. Fish Oil
. St.John's Wort
. C
. B-12

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What supplements do you take? [Re: memes]
    #15619108 - 01/05/12 07:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

> also, tylenol when i hurt.

Be careful with Tylenol.  Take with a lot of water and absolutely no alcohol while it is in your system, including alcohol from cough syrup.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale