Home | Community | Message Board

The Hawk's Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesmithers
Stranger
Spores stuck on syringe walls
    #1545204 - 05/13/03 03:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have been lurking for quite a while and finally have a question that I can't answer by reading the guides on this site, or other sites as well.

I have successfully been making my own spore prints and syringes for quite some time.  My problem is with the spores sticking to the sides of the syringe.  I know this will not really be a problem in the short term, as there are plenty of spores to go around.  In fact, I have been making fairly dark syringes in hopes of speeding up colonization time.  The problem is when I re-use a syringe.  I find the old spores are hard to clean out.  The syringes don't really come apart, and simply filling and purging them with boiling water does not really do the job.  I worry that these unused spores will eventually build up enough to cause contamination (rotting?) during storage.  I?m not worried about different strains getting mixed up because of this, as I?m sure boiling these in water for 20 minutes will kill the remaining spores.

So let me narrow the question down: Is there something I can do to help prevent the spores from sticking to the sides?  I have heard the idea of using "jetdry", but have been unable to find anything on it through the search.  Is ?jetdry? the solution?  If so, can someone point me in the right direction... How do I use it?  I assume you add it to the water, but at what dilution?  Am I totally wrong about the jetdry idea?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
P.S> Please don?t flame me for being a newbee.  :confused: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

Re: Spores stuck on syringe walls [Re: smithers]
    #1545239 - 05/13/03 03:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

1 drop of dishwasher rinsing liquid per 200 ml of water

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation