Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekirix
Stranger
 User Gallery

Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics?
    #15435118 - 11/28/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ever since I've done weed, mdma, LSD, etc the effects of alcohol have been permanently altered for me. When I drink now, I notice a positive effect in my appreciation for music and I get a much different, more euphoric or insightful buzz when I drink. I would also say that I get a mini-flashback but I don't think I would even call it that. Last drug I did was MDMA and now alcohol has those effects now.

Is that the case for anyone else?

Edited by kirix (11/28/11 11:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: kirix]
    #15435127 - 11/28/11 11:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Opposite for me, actually. I noticed that I didn't really like the alcohol buzz after seeing what I truly could be experiencing.

Imo, psyches are embracing life, and destroying your ego.

Alcohol is for hiding from life, and inflating your ego.

All imo of course. If it works for you, awesome!:thumbup:

--------------------

I am the storm. I am the wonder.

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: AcidStrippedMind]
    #15435208 - 11/28/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alcohol now makes my joints hurt and has a general :feelsbadman: feeling. I also never used to get hungover but now I do a bit so I'm just gonna pretty much avoid it now. MDMA is much better to go out on :smile:

--------------------
[

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: chooken]
    #15435271 - 11/28/11 12:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I too do not share the OP's experience

For me it has become harder and harder to drink

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: kirix]
    #15435278 - 11/28/11 12:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kirix said:
Ever since I've done weed, mdma, LSD, etc the effects of alcohol have been permanently altered for me. When I drink now, I notice a positive effect in my appreciation for music and I get a much different, more euphoric or insightful buzz when I drink. I would also say that I get a mini-flashback but I don't think I would even call it that. Last drug I did was MDMA and now alcohol has those effects now.

...wow, I know exactly what you mean!

I drank very heavily before I did psychedelics; after my first psychedelic experience, I completely quit drinking. It was a really good thing for me, as I was basically an alcoholic by age 15 :rofl2:. At 18, the experience changed my life.

Then, I had many psychedelic experiences. After maybe a year or so of never drinking, I started to enjoy it again, but with a new found sense of "respect". Never really drinking lets me get a buzz quickly, and with very little booze. I have a good relationship with booze now.

BUT, the effects seem VERY different indeed! I get visuals from drinking, which is something that never happened before all of this. It brings me to a different place mentally, as you say, though I never feel the need to "push it" with booze, aka, drink a lot. Its really weird and none of my friends irl seem to notice anything like it. It feels very good to read about someone with similar experiences, finally!

:peace::gd_icon:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15435289 - 11/28/11 12:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alcohol is ok, but no it hasn't changed, even after thousands of trips. Tripping and smoking reefer are better than drinking.

OfflinemUsH_sHrOoM
just some dude
Male

Loc: a flying rock Flag
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: AcidStrippedMind]
    #15435297 - 11/28/11 12:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AcidStrippedMind said:

so true... i still like to get drunk tho once in a while

--------------------

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #15435452 - 11/28/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LongStrangeTrip said:
Quote:

kirix said:

...wow, I know exactly what you mean!

I drank very heavily before I did psychedelics; after my first psychedelic experience, I completely quit drinking. It was a really good thing for me, as I was basically an alcoholic by age 15 :rofl2:. At 18, the experience changed my life.

Then, I had many psychedelic experiences. After maybe a year or so of never drinking, I started to enjoy it again, but with a new found sense of "respect". Never really drinking lets me get a buzz quickly, and with very little booze. I have a good relationship with booze now.

BUT, the effects seem VERY different indeed! I get visuals from drinking, which is something that never happened before all of this. It brings me to a different place mentally, as you say, though I never feel the need to "push it" with booze, aka, drink a lot. Its really weird and none of my friends irl seem to notice anything like it. It feels very good to read about someone with similar experiences, finally!

I kinda know what you guys mean.

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: mUsH_sHrOoM]
    #15435515 - 11/28/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I get minor visuals with alcohol, too. But I credit my HPPD with causing that one.
I don't really drink anymore though, because the high from booze just feels toxic and uncomfortable to me now.

--------------------
:smoking:

Invisibleborntoroam

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: Meteloides]
    #15435768 - 11/28/11 02:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I realized how much I did not like alcohol after experiencing psychedelics.

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: borntoroam]
    #15435797 - 11/28/11 02:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

lol I am a borderline alcoholic. I drink like 5 beers a day on average, but i have a job and stuff so its not bad. Although maybe it is... hmm. Either way whenever I drink im smoking weed too so its hard to discern whether or not the drunk has changed at all.

InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: mUsH_sHrOoM]
    #15435880 - 11/28/11 03:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mUsH_sHrOoM said:
Quote:

AcidStrippedMind said:

so true... i still like to get drunk tho once in a while

Haha, yep. Never said I didn't either, though it's really rare. Eventually I'll get to the point where I'll never drink but sometimes you just gotta say fuck it.

--------------------

I am the storm. I am the wonder.

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15436041 - 11/28/11 03:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AcidStrippedMind said:
Opposite for me, actually. I noticed that I didn't really like the alcohol buzz after seeing what I truly could be experiencing.

All imo of course. If it works for you, awesome!:thumbup:

I agree on this. I think I can APPRECIATE alcohol more, but in general I see what a fucking GARBAGE intoxicant it is, compared to what you could be ingesting and experiencing, with no hangovers or blackouts.

Alcohol really is only good in low/low-mid doses, but it sucks cause after a short while in your sweet spot, you get a bit more tired and drained and irritable cause you've lost it, so you drink more to compensate, leading to shit.

OfflineBargainBab
Hey Dere Ho Dere
Male User Gallery

Loc: Callisto
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #15436920 - 11/28/11 06:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alcohol has always been iffy for me. Even when I first started drinking, and it only took me four beers to be staggering around I'd basically begin to sober up the second I stopped drinking. Within an hour I could see/speak/walk fine. I figured all of that was just because I didn't drink often and my health.

More recently I went with the bronado and we got bottle service at teh clubez. I had about half a bottle of crystal, eight shots of jack, some patrone and I didn't keep tally on the beers. I was just about off my ass and by the time we left I was walking straight enough and speaking coherently enough that the cab driver asked me why we were taking one if I wasn't drinking.

Since taking psychs I can operate on alcohol with what seems like a clearer mind, and my motor skills don't suffer as much.(Not a huge difference though) Maybe it's from dealing with the mindfuck of mushrooms, I dunno:shrug:

--------------------
Oh wow, GOOD Nyborg!

OfflineShpongle1
Male

Loc: Above The Clouds Flag
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: BargainBab]
    #15437047 - 11/28/11 07:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I drink pretty much every weekend because that's just the way my friends are....  :crazy:

I really want to stop drinking but I feel like I'd lose all contact with my friends if I did.

I do know what you mean though, after my first intense MDMA experience when I'm at a club, bar, party or something, I feel like I can almost put myself into that headspace at will.  Like get the euphoric/dancey vibe.  Never was really too into dancing before but after that first night I realized how fun it can be haha.

--------------------

There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: Shpongle1]
    #15437344 - 11/28/11 08:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I like to "drink" because I like the tastes / varieties of different good beers, liquors (Absinthe being my all time fav :laugh:), and wines. You will never catch me drinking a silver bullet or a pbr :rofl: the thought just makes me rofl

But when I "drink", I actually dislike having more than 2 or 3 drinks. And for sure, drinking three beers in a few hours WILL get me a buzz, but I hate the feeling of being really drunk (which I used to love).

You can drink and still be doing it responsibly :rolleyes:

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Invisibleeveryman
The Rza-rector
Male

#15437952 - 11/28/11 10:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know if the experience has changed, but i do know I love getting drunk. :shrug: Unlike it seems everyone else in this thread

--------------------

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: borntoroam]
    #15437960 - 11/28/11 10:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

borntoroam said:
I realized how much I did not like alcohol after experiencing psychedelics.

--------------------
Of course, then there's the problem of eating vermiculite. On the bright side, it makes your poop and teeth glitter.  Just pretend it's christmas.
-RR

Those mushrooms are fine.  Your friend is a pussy.
-RR

Outdoor Patch

OfflineSliggy
Stranger
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: M11]
    #15437990 - 11/28/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, alcohol is a boring and shitty substance that I RARELY use.  Beer is tasty, but alcohol as a substance that you use to feel its effects is useless by comparison to basically everything else.

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

#15438002 - 11/28/11 10:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

no, but i am more aware of how boring of a buzz it is.

i used to think it was "all that". nothing can be further from the truth and my eyes are open to that fact now.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #15438019 - 11/28/11 10:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like psychedelics cause people to become more sensitive.. or rather to recall the sensitivity they once had as a child.

Often this can cause someone to become too sensitive, which leads them to rely on a "desensitizing" drug like alcohol, opiates, or benzos to "bring them back down".

I've gone through this process myself, several times.. and most of my friends have as well.

We all started out solely interested in psychedelics and weed..
But after having our shit blown wide open, we couldn't handle coming back to reality and having to deal with things like school, jobs, family, etc...
So we then became addicted to drugs like alcohol and opiates.. just to stay sane.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: Adamist]
    #15439832 - 11/29/11 11:26 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Some of my close friends love to get bombed on good ole EtOH.  I used to enjoy this.  But more and more I have realized how lame it really is; I have a high tolerance to alcohol (thanks dad!).  Therefore, for me to get "in the zone" :rolleyes: it takes a lot of drinking.  Contrarily, I can simply brew up a nice cup of tea and have an amazing 6 hour experience.

--------------------
Of course, then there's the problem of eating vermiculite. On the bright side, it makes your poop and teeth glitter.  Just pretend it's christmas.
-RR

Those mushrooms are fine.  Your friend is a pussy.
-RR

Outdoor Patch

Offlineelgatogordo
weightless

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: Adamist]
    #15441914 - 11/29/11 07:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
I feel like psychedelics cause people to become more sensitive.. or rather to recall the sensitivity they once had as a child.

Often this can cause someone to become too sensitive, which leads them to rely on a "desensitizing" drug like alcohol, opiates, or benzos to "bring them back down".

I've gone through this process myself, several times.. and most of my friends have as well.

We all started out solely interested in psychedelics and weed..
But after having our shit blown wide open, we couldn't handle coming back to reality and having to deal with things like school, jobs, family, etc...
So we then became addicted to drugs like alcohol and opiates.. just to stay sane.

Seems like you are using psychedelics as an excuse to be opiate addicts and alcoholics.

--------------------
"To those who doubt - your wounds will never heal
To those who question my creation - I'm not real"

OfflineTripJunkie
Stranger
Male
Loc: Southern California
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: elgatogordo]
    #15441977 - 11/29/11 08:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yes...when i drink i feel like I'm on ecstasy sometimes

--------------------

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
    #15442215 - 11/29/11 08:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i enjoy alcohol alot,,,,,,,,,, cocktails and trippin, one of my favs

InvisibleBlueIndian
Maestro
 User Gallery

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: ant61]
    #15445070 - 11/30/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I`ve been 2 weeks dry today. Solidified my resolve against the bottle a couple of weeks ago while getting into some cambodians. My proposal is maybe we can start a sub forum for those of us who are tired of booze and want to share with others our struggles, triumphs, and/or support.

If this sounds like a good idea to any of you PM me and if there is enough interest maybe we can get something positive going. :cool:

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: chooken]
    #15448009 - 12/01/11 12:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chooken said:
Alcohol now makes my joints hurt and has a general :feelsbadman: feeling. I also never used to get hungover but now I do a bit so I'm just gonna pretty much avoid it now. MDMA is much better to go out on :smile:

I used to think this, until i realized how often i did MDMA because of how much partying i was doing. I felt off when i was sober between my usage. I don't like drunk people at all when I'm rolling and partying isn't as much fun as lets say, being with a close group of friends rolling or just another person and you.

just my two cents

OfflineBlindSoothsayer
Architect
Male User Gallery

Loc: Minkowski Space (0,0,0,0)
    #15448138 - 12/01/11 01:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't say the effects of alcohol have changed for me.  I would say the effects are however less enjoyable in comparison to the relatively recently discovered (for me, I don't mean in general) and more pleasant effects of psychedelics (and disassociatives, and cannabanoids).

I can't be 100 % certain about this though.  Since I've started using psychedelics and other drugs, I don't drink the same way I used to.  I usually drink in moderation now, and often I combine with other drugs (with marijuana, or on the comedown of a trip).  So I'm not feeling the full-on uncombined force of alcohol, like I did when I used to drink to the point of vomiting nearly once a week.

I feel like the specific effects haven't changed (eg dizziness, drowsiness, lowered social inhibitions etc.).  What I mean is they seem somehow, subtly, different.  I just don't enjoy them the same way now that I've seen the self-destructive nature of my former habits.  I just don't enjoy them the same way now that I have new habits (drug related and non-drug related), which better suit my nature.

The effects haven't changed, they're just relative.  Realization of new experience brings the past into perspective, and only then is experience ever realized.

Damn guys, I'm a little high on cannabis right now, so I'm sorry if this seems irrelevant, narcissistic, or unnecessarily lengthy.  But this is from the deeps.

I've been doing a lot of tripping lately, and I've been doing disproportionately little reflecting lately.  I honestly feel that this is one of the best formulations of thought I've had in months.  I must write it down, if not for your sake, then at least for mine.

--------------------
I like whiskey in my water and acid on my blotter.

The past is brought into perspective only after new experience is gained:  before that point, experience is never truly realized.

Edited by BlindSoothsayer (12/01/11 08:07 AM)

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: Everything]
    #15451833 - 12/01/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Everything said:
I used to think this, until i realized how often i did MDMA because of how much partying i was doing. I felt off when i was sober between my usage. I don't like drunk people at all when I'm rolling and partying isn't as much fun as lets say, being with a close group of friends rolling or just another person and you.

just my two cents

I'll keep that in mind. I've only recently found molly, but I will keep an eye on my usage :smile:

--------------------
[

InvisibleFuzzyShark
The purveyor of rare herbs
Male User Gallery

Loc: 10K feet above sea level... aw...
    #15451839 - 12/01/11 09:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Milk thistle

--------------------

[gradient:#1D8C7C,#]“We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.”[/gradient]
—Old Talmudic saying

InvisibleFuzzyShark
The purveyor of rare herbs
Male User Gallery

Loc: 10K feet above sea level... aw...
Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: FuzzyShark]
    #15451841 - 12/01/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have found psychedellics effect alcohol

--------------------

[gradient:#1D8C7C,#]“We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.”[/gradient]
—Old Talmudic saying

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: FuzzyShark]
    #15451893 - 12/01/11 09:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

When im tripping and have a few beers i start ravenously devouring them. The odd thing is is that I dont get drunk at all, i just get really thirsty for some reason. Although i have found that gtting drunk while tripping is kinda like taking the easy way out of it, and you get what you put into it so it diminishes the effects.

OfflineMegaGoomba
1UPer
Male

Re: Has the effects of alcohol changed for anyone else who has done psychedelics? [Re: underfliptown]
    #15452640 - 12/02/11 12:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I got all of the heavy drinking :puke: out of my system in high school, but never took much to drinking. I have always preferred the holy herb.:ganja:  now days if I do drink it usually is not more than 2 drinks just enough to make a little more talkative and not enough to cause nausea or the spins. That will not mix well when it comes time to chief up cant drink with out a toke:stoned: I just don't have the stomach for alcohol and it rarely seems appealing. I have always preferred psychedelics and bud think its just my personality.

--------------------
You buy furniture.  You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life.  Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled.  Then the right set of dishes.  Then the perfect bed.  The drapes.  The rug.  Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.  Chuck Palahniuk

:mariopeace: My First Grow    My Strain List:mariopeace:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds