Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Loc: van bc
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Rahz]
    #15382073 - 11/16/11 11:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i don't post thing to have people read them if they do that their choice no sweat off my back i come her to unwind and share my mind with those who want to hear those who do not oh well lmao u act like having some internet community reading my post are important to me i come here to read info and share with those who want to share

--------------------
FUCK OFF FEDS PEOPLE NEED THEIR MEDS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegiza
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: metall]
    #15382106 - 11/17/11 12:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lol good point, i feel the same way, but sometimes i want the more veteran users to read my posts to get some feedback

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: metall] * 1
    #15382117 - 11/17/11 12:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well that's the thing, I want to share too. And although it is 'readable', it's also sloppy and there is a natural tendency to skip things that are sloppy. It has nothing to do with me in-particular. I'm just the sucker that's trying to be helpful at the moment. Starting a thought with a capital, and ending the thought with a period is not a difficult thing. A few commas here and there, and you're good to go. More people will read the things you post.

And when they start doing that, they might be helpful and point out your incongruencies which you hide with your bad grammar.

Quote:

I don't post things to have people read them.

I come here to read info and share with those who want to share.

:strokebeard:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Kickle]
    #15382754 - 11/17/11 06:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ya, i feel you. I just think that Markos probably has a different justification, and i wanted to debate it.

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Loc: The un-united kingdom
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: 4896744]
    #15383387 - 11/17/11 10:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I understand what you mean but does an 11 year old have the experience and depth of thought to really consider ending their life?

I do think it's a bit intrusive in some ways to intervene and stop someone from killing themselves especially if that's what the person really wants to do and have thought about alot.
The thing is that some people survive suicide attempts, like a guy that jumped off the Golden gate bridge, and regret it after jumping. And suicidal thoughts can obviously be caused by Mental illness, and it may be more of a symptom than a concept and action that they really want to follow through with.

InvisibleSly Stone

Loc: Never get out of the boat
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: metall] * 1
    #15383407 - 11/17/11 10:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:
i don't post thing to have people read them

:confused2:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Sly Stone]
    #15383479 - 11/17/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You mess with the 'fro, you got to go! ~ UB

--------------------

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: beneath]
    #15383814 - 11/17/11 11:57 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think we should give people the resources to painlessly kill themselves. If they want to expedite their impending non-existence, i see no reason to try to stop them. It's not as if we have underpopulation problems.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#15384147 - 11/17/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:
I think we should give people the resources to painlessly kill themselves. If they want to expedite their impending non-existence, i see no reason to try to stop them. It's not as if we have underpopulation problems.

no one knows if there are consequences (or not) to such actions.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

#15384874 - 11/17/11 03:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm open to hearing any negative that you think might result from such legislation.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #15384916 - 11/17/11 03:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:
ma did u ever think this irl had othe roblems such asa abusive home picked n at school etc i do not believe mental illness especially in young is wrong neurotransmitter just people's despretnes in this cruel horrible society we live in and what happens in those places is cruel and in most caes horrible abuse of hat person right just because some 1 is what u consider delusional doesn't mean they need to be locked up and drugged against there will. WHY O U THINK ASSOCIETY BECOME CRUELER AND HARSHEr MENTAL ILLNESS GOES UP ESPCIALLY IN THE YOUN WHO SEE IT MOST BECAUSE THY ARE OT INORANT TO IT LIKE THOSE WHO AVE BEEN SLOWLY CAUSING IT

Um...I assessed the situation and I have been working with this girl. I met her mother today. There is no indication of child physical or sexual abuse. She returned with a clinical diagnosis of "mild depression," so no meds were prescribed, but she does have an appointment for some psychotherapy.
Your lack of 'belief' or unbelief in mental illness is irrelevant. From your comment, it seems that you are expressing personal experience with regard to abuse. I was also expressing experience - clinical experience. I have seen suicidal kids be turned around with medication, and I have seen the benefits of caring, in the guise of psychotherapy. Fortunately, I have never lost a kid through overt suicide - cocaine use yes, but not obvious suicide.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #15385167 - 11/17/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i was never abused but i have seen the effects you think wat you want but when test cannot even prove the "disorders exist" i have to trust what i see an that peoples mental problems are caused by unreolved issues in thier life or severe stress from source in life

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#15385188 - 11/17/11 05:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:
I'm open to hearing any negative that you think might result from such legislation.

I didn't say there was a negative. No one knows if there are consequences to killing yourself. That neither affirms a negative consequence nor denies the possibility of an absence of consequences nor even the possibility of reward. There isn't much that makes sense to me so I just assume I don't know. Humanity is hard-wired to survive and I don't know why that is.

If legislation passes, then it passes. I'm not in a position to push for it because quite simply I don't know what I'd be pushing for. I'm not in chronic pain nor am I suicidal. I don't have any ideas about death being an escape either, because quite simply, I don't know what it is. The idea of it being an escape is a projection and not verifiable at all.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #15386331 - 11/17/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:
i was never abused but i have seen the effects you think wat you want but when test cannot even prove the "disorders exist" i have to trust what i see an that peoples mental problems are caused by unreolved issues in thier life or severe stress from source in life

I do think what I want. Whatever you're doing with my post is unfounded speculation about a situation unknown to you. I was commenting on a real-life situation. I have no idea what you are trying to communicate.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #15386343 - 11/17/11 09:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"From your comment, it seems that you are expressing personal experience with regard to abuse."

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #15387076 - 11/18/11 02:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well he is married you know. :satansmoking:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #15387301 - 11/18/11 06:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Quote:

iThink said:

I didn't say there was a negative. No one knows if there are consequences to killing yourself. That neither affirms a negative consequence nor denies the possibility of an absence of consequences nor even the possibility of reward. There isn't much that makes sense to me so I just assume I don't know. Humanity is hard-wired to survive and I don't know why that is.

If legislation passes, then it passes. I'm not in a position to push for it because quite simply I don't know what I'd be pushing for. I'm not in chronic pain nor am I suicidal. I don't have any ideas about death being an escape either, because quite simply, I don't know what it is. The idea of it being an escape is a projection and not verifiable at all.

There is lots of evidence that our consciousness is a result of our brain functioning, which would imply that experience ends at brain death. You can't be sure that you will need food and shelter tomorrow, but i have a feeling you assume it based on the information you have.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: 4896744] * 1
    #15387893 - 11/18/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

There is evidence that "my" consciousness will end with death, yes. But that is not evidence of much. Somehow "I" ended up here with a brain in the first place and I don't know how. As far as I can tell I didn't choose it. What neuroscience is out there to suggest something similar or even exactly the same can't happen again? From my studies there is nothing. It's not something we have evidence for or against, it's an unknown.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainstem
_@_y
Male User Gallery

Loc: In my shell Flag
    #15387920 - 11/18/11 10:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
There is evidence that "my" consciousness will end with death, yes. But that is not evidence of much. Somehow "I" ended up here with a brain in the first place and I don't know how. As far as I can tell I didn't choose it. What neuroscience is out there to suggest something similar or even exactly the same can't happen again? From my studies there is nothing. It's not something we have evidence for or against, it's an unknown.

This really bugs me. :mad2: the mystery and uncertainty of it all.(...and the advancing deadline on it)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Brainstem]
    #15388124 - 11/18/11 10:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

People came to the Buddha and said, "I am leaving your teaching because you have not told me about whether there is a life after death. Or, whether there is another world." And the Buddha says, "Did I ever say that I would give you the answer to these things?"

"No lord you did not"

"Why do you think that I never said I'd give you the answer to these things? It's because these are not the things you need to know. The thing that you need to know, is how to deal with suffering. Because at this very moment, what made you ask that question, is suffering."

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order