Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSobercolober
Tuft checker
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Does lemon tek change the balance of tryptamines?
    #15369385 - 11/14/11 02:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I made a loose lemon tek tea today simply adding some lemon to a steep cup.

I actually did not enjoy the buzz that much, partly due to the oft cited  "set and setting" for one reason or another. I think I will give getting f*cked up on a Monday a miss for a while, lol. It kind of goes against the collective consiousness vibe of activity at the start of a week.

I don't think I will use lemon next time.

It was a different buzz. I felt like my blood sugar plummetted and felt weak and drained in my arms, quite anxious, slightly faster heart rate and has a very heady buzz, more like "too much cannabis attack" but not the euphoria so much or "high" feeling. This pretty much went on most of the short trip.

I put 12 libs in the tea and drunk only the fluid (I normally eat the slime after) but this time did not eat the slimey shrooms. I waited and wondered if the balance of alkoloids released during the steeping had been changed a little due to lemon addition. I ate the slimy shrooms after 2 hours had passed and the effects were very briefly extended but not by much.

Who knows maybe it was just the natural balance of actives in these exact shrooms. It's all so unpredictable with shrooms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Normal weirdness is one thing but it's the weird weirdness that gets me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Does lemon tek change the balance of tryptamines? [Re: Sobercolober]
    #15369473 - 11/14/11 02:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

should have eaten the sludge

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#15369496 - 11/14/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've never bothered with the Lemon Tek. If want a more intense experience i'll just up the dosage.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #15369647 - 11/14/11 03:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It kind of goes against the collective consiousness vibe

Fuck the collective consciousness - what has it ever done for you?:lol:

Seriously, Mondays are great for tripping.  Uhm, and Tuesdays, Wednesdays. Sometimes Thursdays.  Definitely Fridays.  Never mind the weekend, which can also be great.  The rest of the days suck though.

No, lemon tek (or any sort of acid treatment - see the link in my sig to tea) doesn't change the available balance, but it will get the maximum amount of psilocin out of the shrooms.  Psilocybin is easily soluble, but it needs to take a pass through your liver to be dephosphorylated into psilocin before it becomes active.  That's why acid extraction tends to hit you faster and harder - it's the available psilocin being taken up rapidly.

But this only applies to mushrooms with a good psilocin content - like cubes - liberty caps are stronger in psilocybin, so it wouldn't matter much.  And the sludge isn't active anyway.  So it could have been whatever was in the libs, not the method.  Potency and actives vary, but y'all knew that. :lol: 

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Does lemon tek change the balance of tryptamines? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #15369976 - 11/14/11 04:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

But this only applies to mushrooms with a good psilocin content - like cubes - liberty caps are stronger in psilocybin, so it wouldn't matter much. 

Your backwards, What lemon tek does is turn Psilocybin into Psilocin, So the more Psilocybin that is in the mushroom the better Lemon tek is

And sludge definitely has a higher concentration of actives in it than the liquid, extractions never extract 100% of the active. throwing it away is a waste lol, unless your making the tea/tek in order to avoid the taste or nausea and not just trip harder.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Does lemon tek change the balance of tryptamines? [Re: Adolin]
    #15370030 - 11/14/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Lemon tek is a myth... Urban legend

Has no basis in reality... It's simply an aqueous extraction ... The effects are due to it being in a liquid state...  So your stomach does not have to extract it, so quicker up time, shorter trip

Your stomach acid is much much stronger then lemon juice... So whatever you think lemon is doing... Stomach can do it faster

So... Believe is lemon tek if you want... Santa... Eater bunny and lemon tek

I agree... Want more of your experience, up your dose...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#15370045 - 11/14/11 04:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

But this only applies to mushrooms with a good psilocin content - like cubes - liberty caps are stronger in psilocybin, so it wouldn't matter much. 

Your backwards, What lemon tek does is turn Psilocybin into Psilocin, So the more Psilocybin that is in the mushroom the better Lemon tek is

And sludge definitely has a higher concentration of actives in it than the liquid, extractions never extract 100% of the active. throwing it away is a waste lol, unless your making the tea/tek in order to avoid the taste or nausea and not just trip harder.

No, wrong everywhere. Psilocybin is readily soluble in neutral pH water, psilocin is not (see Gold on quantification of alkaloid content where he talks about psilocin extraction.) Normal tea will extract all the psilocybin.  Acidified tea will extract the psilocin rather than oxidize it.

"Lemon tek" converts nothing, "Psilocybin (O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine or 4-PO-DMT) is a prodrug that is converted into the pharmacologically active compound psilocin in the body by a dephosphorylation reaction.[44] This chemical reaction takes place under strongly acidic conditions, or under physiological conditions in the body, through the action of enzymes called phosphatases...Psilocybin is metabolized mostly in the liver, where it becomes psilocin,..." Wikipedia.

Lemon juice has nothing on stomach acid, which is roughly the same pH as battery acid. :lol: But it's your liver that does the heavy lifting.  I ate libs and I made ordinary tea from them - no difference. Even for cubes a right-made tea wastes nothing - you can easily tell by trying the extract twice. :thumbdown: 

Raise the dose and you trip both harder and longer - 6-8 hours cannot be wrong. :Awemush:

:peace:PS

Edited by PrimalSoup (11/14/11 05:28 PM)

OfflineAdolin

Folding@home Statistics
    #15370157 - 11/14/11 05:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Then what is Lemon Tek doing?

Its ability to make you trip harder for a shorter duration must be accounted for, and all of the information i've read says its converting the psilocybin into an active psilocin. I realize it could be wrong but when even the intellegent peoplle of the board and other fairly truistworthy sources say it, its what i'm most likely to believe

Some people don't have tons of mushrooms to just eat more of them when they want to trip harder, and some people can only trip when tehir kids are in bed or at school or something and need to 'get there and back' in time.  thats just one of a multitude of examples. You ignore tons factors when you just say "raise the dose"

And again you're totally wrong in saying that the left over mushrooms from tea have no actives. of corse extracting twice doesn't work, and thats a horrible way to test LOL, because your only getting like 15-20% of the origional content, so if you ate it alone it wouldnt even be threshold dose probably(depeending on how much you put in the tea), but if you add that 15-20% on top of the tea it makes a REAL difference.

but at this point i'm just arguing for the sake of arguing, OP got his answer. :cool:

Edited by Adolin (11/14/11 05:28 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#15370268 - 11/14/11 05:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Then what is Lemon Tek doing?

Already explained this.

:bye:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

InvisibleSobercolober
Tuft checker
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
    #15373158 - 11/15/11 06:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for replies I lean towards primals explanation for the moment.

In fact I seemed to have a little more nausea by drinking the lemonny shroom infused fluid only.

Put it this way the "come up" is quantifiably different I timed 38 mins  with lemon vs 1 hour 20mins with no lemon. (this has happened 2 times with lemon addition). To me it reminded me of a sole 4-Aco-DMT experience and did not care to repeat, I felt pretty un euphoric througout on the 4-Aco. Something very different appears to be happening with the lemon. It is hard to nail it down as it could be balance of actives in the shrooms.

2 weeks back I have a much more mellow trip with the same amount of libs in tea brewed in identical way except no lemon. This was very pleasant though it came in waves 20mins high 20 mins not so high because of the small dosage I suspect and probably due to having eaten before hand. When I add lemon it seems much more anxiety filled and no waves of intensity modulating, blood sugar drops quick and feel weak, no such vibe when water only. It is definitely affecting or adjusting something.

-------------------------------------------
My friend Hippypotandmush wrote all this nonsense and he said "Normal weirdness is one thing but it's the weird weirdness that gets me."

Edited by Sobercolober (11/15/11 06:10 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag