Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: NYC (Intra Deitate...)
Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up * 1
    #15283044 - 10/26/11 08:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The Vatican called on Monday for the establishment of a "global public authority" and a "central world bank" to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises.

A major document from the Vatican's Justice and Peace department should be music to the ears of the "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrators and similar movements around the world who have protested against the economic downturn.

The 18-page document, "Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of a Global Public Authority," was at times very specific, calling, for example, for taxation measures on financial transactions.

"The economic and financial crisis which the world is going through calls everyone, individuals and peoples, to examine in depth the principles and the cultural and moral values at the basis of social coexistence," it said.

It condemned what it called "the idolatry of the market" as well as a "neo-liberal thinking" that it said looked exclusively at technical solutions to economic problems.

"In fact, the crisis has revealed behaviors like selfishness, collective greed and hoarding of goods on a great scale," it said, adding that world economics needed an "ethic of solidarity" among rich and poor nations.

"If no solutions are found to the various forms of injustice, the negative effects that will follow on the social, political and economic level will be destined to create a climate of growing hostility and even violence, and ultimately undermine the very foundations of democratic institutions, even the ones considered most solid," it said.

It called for the establishment of "a supranational authority" with worldwide scope and "universal jurisdiction" to guide economic policies and decisions.

Such an authority should start with the United Nations as its reference point but later become independent and be endowed with the power to see to it that developed countries were not allowed to wield "excessive power over the weaker countries."

Effective Structures

In a section explaining why the Vatican felt the reform of the global economy was necessary, the document said:

"In economic and financial matters, the most significant difficulties come from the lack of an effective set of structures that can guarantee, in addition to a system of governance, a system of government for the economy and international finance."

It said the International Monetary Fund (IMF) no longer had the power or ability to stabilize world finance by regulating overall money supply and it was no longer able to watch "over the amount of credit risk taken on by the system."

The world needed a "minimum shared body of rules to manage the global financial market" and "some form of global monetary management."

"In fact, one can see an emerging requirement for a body that will carry out the functions of a kind of 'central world bank' that regulates the flow and system of monetary exchanges similar to the national central banks," it said.

The document, which was being presented at a news conference later on Monday, acknowledged that such change would take years to put into place and was bound to encounter resistance.

"Of course, this transformation will be made at the cost of a gradual, balanced transfer of a part of each nation's powers to a world authority and to regional authorities, but this is necessary at a time when the dynamism of human society and the economy and the progress of technology are transcending borders, which are in fact already very eroded in a globalized world."

Copyright 2011 Thomson Reuters.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45013499/Vatican_..._Be_Set_Up

Can anybody say "plans to implement one world government well under way"? :tinfoil:

Your thoughts, Shroomery?  :pope:  :evildog:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: sunset_mission] * 1
    #15283097 - 10/26/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Vatican = Illuminati

OfflineZpw
The looker
Male

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: sunset_mission] * 1
    #15283101 - 10/26/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

new world order

--------------------
:peace: Things you can do, some can't be done. :peace:
Z-pw
Not everything I say is true.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Zpw]
    #15283111 - 10/26/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well you guys doomed this to the recesses of the conspiracy forum

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #15283120 - 10/26/11 08:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nope, three posts after this one, then forgotten.

Offlinenoosphere
Stranger

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: domite] * 1
    #15283139 - 10/26/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck the NWO
I'm so ready for this shit to just go down and for the rapture to happen.

OfflineNanoAugmented
Stranger

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #15283144 - 10/26/11 09:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
well you guys doomed this to the recesses of the conspiracy forum

Erm this isn't conspiracy. It's mainstream news, every outlet

Why doesn't the Vatican start by giving some of it's billions and billions to aid Africa?

Oh that's right, the Vatican is evil incarnate so that won't happen. Google 'Vatican money laundering'

InvisibleCool Beans
Stranger

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: NanoAugmented]
    #15283185 - 10/26/11 09:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

im confused...

--------------------
Straight Dick Hard!

OfflineLoveYourLife
MDMA

Loc: Cincinnati
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Cool Beans]
    #15283196 - 10/26/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It doesn't sound much worse than the state we're in right now :shrug:

Invisiblecasket
Closed Casket
Male

Loc: psw
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: LoveYourLife]
    #15283217 - 10/26/11 09:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

awesome, everyone will be poor.

--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15283221 - 10/26/11 09:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i think they are making the right call. its clear as day that an international financial framework needs to be created, for a number of reasons.

my only question is what the hell does the vatican have to do with anything economics related. are they trying to grab at some popularity from new age people? who knows.

its just that last time i checked, economics and religion were fairly distinct spheres of influence.

--------------------

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #15283240 - 10/26/11 09:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

That's a great idea! Can't believe I didn't think of it.

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

OfflineNanoAugmented
Stranger

#15283269 - 10/26/11 09:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:

my only question is what the hell does the vatican have to do with anything economics related. are they trying to grab at some popularity from new age people? who knows.

Didn't I just say to google vatican money laundering?

Here is one article, out of hundreds

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/22/world/europe/22vatican.html

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

#15283283 - 10/26/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NanoAugmented said:
Oh that's right, the Vatican is evil incarnate so that won't happen. Google 'Vatican money laundering'

One can also simply google "Vatican Svali" for a rather interesting correspondence regarding their alleged 'evil', but that's a whoooole 'nother story...

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
i think they are making the right call. its clear as day that an international financial framework needs to be created, for a number of reasons.

its just that last time i checked, economics and religion were fairly distinct spheres of influence.

How would this international financial framework be set up and function? Would every currency in the world need to be liquidated/destroyed and a completely new currency emerge? What would back its value?

OfflineNanoAugmented
Stranger

#15283323 - 10/26/11 09:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sunset_mission said:
Quote:

NanoAugmented said:

One can also simply google "Vatican Svali" for a rather interesting correspondence regarding their alleged 'evil', but that's a whoooole 'nother story...

Yeah, and a bunch of stupid conspiracy sites pop up when you google that. "Vatican money laundering" on the other hand, leads to legitimate stories

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

#15283372 - 10/26/11 09:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

so if you had billions of dollars, you'd be paying the %50 tax rate as well right?

interesting article though. i've heard alot about this ' gods banker ' character.

Quote:

sunset_mission said:
Quote:

DosileFlynn said:

How would this international financial framework be set up and function? Would every currency in the world need to be liquidated/destroyed and a completely new currency emerge? What would back its value?

well, the currency issue is again a seperate and distinct issue. i don't think they will bing together all world currencies and make a one world currency, although there would be benefits and drawbacks for doing so i think. if they were to establish a one world currency i'm guessing they would peg its currency to the value of antoher, similar to how the saudi dollar is pegged to the american dollar. but there would be practical issues involved in that and it may upset the balance of values if they aggregate all currencies to the same value. i.e. valuable currencies get devalued, useless currencies like zimbabwes get over valued.

essentially i think they would just set up an international tier of legislation. at current we have state, and federal law. but no international uniformity provided. which creates alot of logistical problems. so i think it would be beneficial to set up ontop of each countries state and federal laws, broad international rules and standards that are binding. at current we have plenty of international standards and covenants like the BASIL accord and many other similar organisations, but these are just guidelines.

and also the creation of a one world bank, similar to the IMF, or something. that can monitor and co-ordinate the world economy. because alot of these financial crises are severely deepened by the fact that a strong and timely response is not presented around the world. when crises like these occur, there needs to be FAST and DECISIVE action on a global scale. otherwise it turns into a global clusterfuck, and all the world economies are intertwined like a game of dominoes. so once one collapses, it puts alot of strain on the other countries that it has strong financial linkages to, then they collapse, so on so forth.

theres alot of practical issues involved with the implementation and functioning of such a system, but i think it has plenty of merit. being able to co-ordinate and present a unified response to these issues will make a tonne of difference. similar benefits in regulation of interest rates world wide - however that is a questionable one. and also just the benefit of having the same standards being applied around the world, more or less.

i don't mean that they completely take control of the world economy 100% , but rather they set the basic framework, standards and co-ordinate, then countries and states are free to fill in the gaps as they please. and ofcourse the international authority needs to be seeded by the countries that wish to participate.

we live in interesting times indeed. these are some big changes they are thinking of bringing through. great changes in my opinion :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

#15283506 - 10/26/11 09:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

by the way i just ordered three books from amazon . . .

The Last Supper: The Mafia, the Masons, and the Killing of Roberto Calvi - Philip Willan

The Vatican Exposed: Money, Murder, and the Mafia - Paul L. Williams

Dark Mysteries of the Vatican - H. Paul Jeffers

all for about $30 including shipping :awehigh::awedance::cheers:

--------------------

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

#15283546 - 10/26/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:

well, the currency issue is again a seperate and distinct issue. i don't think they will bing together all world currencies and make a one world currency, although there would be benefits and drawbacks for doing so i think. if they were to establish a one world currency i'm guessing they would peg its currency to the value of antoher, similar to how the saudi dollar is pegged to the american dollar. but there would be practical issues involved in that and it may upset the balance of values if they aggregate all currencies to the same value. i.e. valuable currencies get devalued, useless currencies like zimbabwes get over valued.

Bolded part, exactly what I was thinking. Not every currency has the same value or is backed by the same value. I would even go as far as say that if it were based on a system like that, that the US would be a bit screwed considering fiat currency is circulating.

Quote:

essentially i think they would just set up an international tier of legislation. at current we have state, and federal law. but no international uniformity provided. which creates alot of logistical problems. so i think it would be beneficial to set up ontop of each countries state and federal laws, broad international rules and standards that are binding. at current we have plenty of international standards and covenants like the BASIL accord and many other similar organisations, but these are just guidelines.

I'm pretty sure the most basic laws/regulations that need to exist already do in most regions of the world, so adding another set of rules that would be international would either end up being redundant or it will just call for unnecessary regulations and tightening down.

Quote:

and also the creation of a one world bank, similar to the IMF, or something. that can monitor and co-ordinate the world economy. because alot of these financial crises are severely deepened by the fact that a strong and timely response is not presented around the world. when crises like these occur, there needs to be FAST and DECISIVE action on a global scale. otherwise it turns into a global clusterfuck, and all the world economies are intertwined like a game of dominoes. so once one collapses, it puts alot of strain on the other countries that it has strong financial linkages to, then they collapse, so on so forth.

What crises do you postulate would have been better solved with this increased reaction time brought on by a one world bank? Would't there also be a chance that we will be predisposed to even worse risks considering the extremity of it? There will be only one institution governing EVERYTHING. It would abolish financial issues between nations sure, but at the same time it would need to maintain itself very proficiently.

Quote:

theres alot of practical issues involved with the implementation and functioning of such a system, but i think it has plenty of merit. being able to co-ordinate and present a unified response to these issues will make a tonne of difference. similar benefits in regulation of interest rates world wide - however that is a questionable one. and also just the benefit of having the same standards being applied around the world, more or less.

i don't mean that they completely take control of the world economy 100% , but rather they set the basic framework, standards and co-ordinate, then countries and states are free to fill in the gaps as they please. and ofcourse the international authority needs to be seeded by the countries that wish to participate.

we live in interesting times indeed. these are some big changes they are thinking of bringing through. great changes in my opinion :strokebeard:

I do agree with your last few sentiments, and yes, we are in very interesting times indeed. Let's see if such a plan would be executed to success or if greed and corruption will prevail.

OfflineNotwoodyallen
Stranger
    #15283559 - 10/26/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

go Vats. religious kooks with ideas

--------------------
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun

take drugs seriously
say no to :guns:
dealing isn't a game guns shouldn't be a part--- PSA

also, the forum index symbole is the above the influence symbol. what up with that?

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15283636 - 10/26/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the most basic laws/regulations that need to exist already do in most regions of the world, so adding another set of rules that would be international would either end up being redundant or it will just call for unnecessary regulations and tightening down

the laws of majority of the world generally cover the same subject matter, but the problem is that the content can slightly vary from place to place. and when you are looking at things on an international scale - as just about all of the large scale financial entities are, there starts to be problems on working out which laws apply, where the transactions or conduct occured. it creates lots of logistical problems. thus if there was one regime applying uniformly i think it would provide alot of potential benefits.

Quote:

What crises do you postulate would have been better solved with this increased reaction time brought on by a one world bank? Would't there also be a chance that we will be predisposed to even worse risks considering the extremity of it? There will be only one institution governing EVERYTHING. It would abolish financial issues between nations sure, but at the same time it would need to maintain itself very proficiently.

the initial 2008 GFC and its recent 2nd round backlash. when it comes to global crises, countries generally have two main levers they can manipulate to dampen the crises, these being monetary policy (interest rates) and fiscal policy (spending money). alot of these have large time lags assosciated with them. so that they don't have instant effect. this means that the timing with which they are implemented is crucial! in the 2008 GFC, countries like Australia and China, used a combination of decisive monetary and fiscal action to stifle the crisis as much as possible. the australian government literally gave out ~$1000 to the people, and said ' go and spend '. :grin:

the benefit i think is that, when a big crisis like this happen, world interest rates could be regulated instantly to an optimum level. the world market could be made aware instantly and present a uniform plan of attack to the crisis areas where it is most needed. further fiscal measures and spending could be also targeted to where they are most needed.

the world bank really would need to be set up and controlled adequately i agree, because there is alot of potential for abuse of process.

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
    #15283652 - 10/26/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
so if you had billions of dollars, you'd be paying the %50 tax rate as well right?

interesting article though. i've heard alot about this ' gods banker ' character.

Quote:

sunset_mission said:
Quote:

DosileFlynn said:

Think about who the official calling for this is and the mentality of his followers. I would not want religion to intermingle with the financial system and I dont want any one of the current superpowers at the helm of it. All the past shit they pulled, the current problems they dont seem to give a fuck about. A single world governing body is way to much aggregated power. Look at the current systems track record, the pattern is periods of booms in which small groups of people are made incredibly rich and then bust cycles where the rich stay rich and the rest experience depression. It's a flaw in the system and I dont believe that homogenizing and centralizing the current model is going to fix that problem.

Offlinejamminshaman
I am the pope of dope
 User Gallery

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15283671 - 10/26/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

its on...

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: Vatican Calls For "Central World Bank" To Be Set Up [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15283722 - 10/26/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i dont think the vatican or any religious figures would be involved in the situation at all, i think they are just calling for changes to be made.

i dont think any one superpower should be at the head of the organisation, but i think it should be representative of a cross section of all of the main financial superpowers.

the cycles of booms and recessions is just the way of the world. thats not going to be changed regardless of how they regulate the system. thats just he market at work.

i disagree on the non-centralization thing though. i think there are a tonne of benefits to be realized over a plethora of different areas. so much so that it seems illogical to me as to why they would not pursue a one world government.

--------------------

OfflineNanoAugmented
Stranger

#15283849 - 10/26/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think humans can ever effectively govern other humans. There will always be massive corruption

I want an AI supercomputer to deal with this shit.  :bender:

Edited by NanoAugmented (10/26/11 11:20 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Vatican Calls For [Re: NanoAugmented]
    #15284291 - 10/27/11 01:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:huxleyfacepalm:

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

#15285186 - 10/27/11 09:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NanoAugmented said:
I don't think humans can ever effectively govern other humans. There will always be massive corruption

I want an AI supercomputer to deal with this shit.  :bender:

So I take it then, that you learned absolutely NOTHING from the Terminator movie series, did you?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom