Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSNiPerXP
Stranger

Thought on Black Holes.
    #15270945 - 10/24/11 02:40 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I was just reading Eschalt's trip report and was thinking of the energy that flows through the whole universe. I've always thought that maybe universes are created by black holes, even before it became a popular theory. Well, since black holes absorb light around them it only makes sense that the light would be transferred to energy which could explain why our universe is constantly expanding.

So where does consciousness come from? It seems to me that when a massive star died, it created a black hole and our universe. Some energy that was released must have evolved/transformed into matter. I'm thinking that consciousness must have evolved from matter itself. It's all multidimensional in that each form has a higher awareness.

I think of energy as pure and constant. It doesn't need to be aware because it's everywhere. I'll call this one dimensional. With matter, there's no self-awareness but it is aware of it's surroundings in terms of atoms coming together to create elements, compounds and all things we can see. This is two dimensional. Therefore, consciousness should have evolved from matter. Allowing our three dimensional world to exist, starting from global consciousness and slowly quantizing into human consciousness, self-awareness and the ego. So what lies beyond consciousness... hmm? This is where I'm stuck, as there are too many variables in the science behind evolution. I can only presume it will be four dimensional, but I'm not sure how to picture that other than when under the influence of psychedelics.

This also should allow us to study more into death. When a star (matter) dies, it turns into energy. It also releases quantized matter such as white dwarfs, black holes and such. If enery->matter->consciousness, then our consciousness should turn back into matter. At the same time is should also release some sort of quantized consciousness. I also believe that when we die, we either are temporarily or eternally under the influence of endogenous Dimethyltryptamine, since our brains our flooded with the stuff. I remember watching a documentary where people had near-death experiences and it reminded me very much of DMT. Perhaps, this is the quantized consciousness we'll experience?

It's funny how all this came to me when I was just reading a trip report after smoking some lovely cannabis. There's almost a euphoric faith connected with these theories, like I feel it is real as much as think it. I would love to finally be able to talk about this kind of stuff with other shroomerites, as many other college students are more focused on materialistic things.

Edited by SNiPerXP (10/25/11 04:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSNiPerXP
Stranger

Re: Thought on Black Holes. [Re: SNiPerXP]
    #15274680 - 10/25/11 04:54 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

If black holes are constantly absorbing everything around them, won't they eventually suck in our entire universe into a singular massive black hole? This could possibly create an entire fourth dimensional universe considering that time stops at the event horizon.

OfflineSNiPerXP
Stranger

#15274693 - 10/25/11 05:04 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Can;t believe I called them Dark Holes the entire first post, sorry! Too high at the time -_-

Offlineshazoomies
Stranger
    #15277793 - 10/25/11 08:34 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Firstly, to correct you- light is a form of energy already, you don't convert them into each other.

Black holes are rather overdramaticized for the most part.

A case in point- the LHC scare, where everyone thought the scientists were going to create a black hole that would eat the entire earth up. Well sure, it could make an itty bitty black hole- with a mass equivalent to the energy released by the impact of the two colliding particles.

Which in scientific terms, is shit fucking all. The created black hole would weigh infinitesimally less than a single grain of sand. Its gravitational pull would be effectively null.

Black holes aren't magic vacuums, they are just very dense clumps of mass. The reason why they are known as the cosmic end-all fucker uppers is because yes- they can even pull in photons, with their massive bending of spacetime, if they are sufficiently massive. But they can only be as big as the sum of their parts.

If our sun turned into a black hole (which it is probably far too small to ever do), we would continue our orbit the exact same as always- its mass would be completely unchanged.

Anyways, long story short- a black hole is not going to eat the universe, no more than any star will.

OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

#15283136 - 10/26/11 10:59 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SNiPerXP said:
If black holes are constantly absorbing everything around them, won't they eventually suck in our entire universe into a singular massive black hole? This could possibly create an entire fourth dimensional universe considering that time stops at the event horizon.

The universe's expansion is accelerating. From what I know of supermassive black holes, they can get really big/warp the shit out of space, but don't expand in size along with the universe so eventually (100 trillion years+) the remaining black holes will be few and far between.

It's interesting that if the universe were to collapse into a "big crunch" or if gravity were suddenly to become superstrong allowing the remaining black holes to create a fourth dimensional universe then its new state might mirror the starting conditions of the universe (before the big bang. IE primeval atom)

also, time appears to stop at the event horizon if you are an outside observer (the light you see coming off a person falling into it takes longer and longer to escape the e.h. so eventually just seems to freeze). If you are falling into a black hole, you won't notice a difference in the passage of time even as you are accelerated to the speed of light and subsequently obliterated as you hit the singularity.

I like the white hole universe thing. It's a nice idea.

OfflineSNiPerXP
Stranger

Re: Thought on Black Holes. [Re: Eschalt]
    #15284818 - 10/27/11 08:57 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, I don't have too much background information on this. Just ideas that I thought of. However, yes out of all the above ideas, I think the blackhole->whitehole theory to have the coolest beans.

OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

#15285702 - 10/27/11 01:47 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Don't gata apologize brah...

I've been reading Kip Thorne.

I think since black holes are so much smaller than the primeval atom (less mass), they do not create universes. To me, a black hole is simpler than the initial state of the universe. In other words, there is just not enough energy in a black hole to create a new universe.

But then I do not understand physics at the singularity, so it's hard to say if it is not totally impossible (imo). Maybe quantum gravity would allow it for all I know. It is fractal in nature as each successive black hole universe is creating potentially infinite new universes at any given time. If there are infinite universes embedded within some kind of 4-dimensional fractal matrix, then the universes themselves would be finite in both size and theoretical age but infinite other universes would exist "alongside" each other.

It would explain why our universe supports life and is generally the way it is. If there are an infinite number of black holes within the multiverse (possible as it would be larger than our universe both in space and time) then there are an infinite number of possible universes that can be created over time, thus there's a %100 chance that some sort of life will evolve, actually that all possible things will happen alive or not. This is assuming that time has no beginning or end from the point of view of a human observer, and/or that time operates differently in higher dimensions (the ones that contain the multiverse.)

Edited by Eschalt (10/27/11 01:58 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism