Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Satyapriya] * 1
    #15216010 - 10/12/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

WOWEE! that is quite the experience right there! your lucky they didnt off you! that cliff guy sounded like a nutjob the whole story gave me a disturbing behavior/stepford wives feel.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCups
technically "here"
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Rewindicus]
    #15216558 - 10/12/11 09:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wow man.  I know I gave you some shit at the beginning, but the more I think about it the more I am fairly sure that would've sketched me out pretty good.  The idea of someone arguing with me for 10 minutes about whether or not I could sit outside...fuck all that noise.

A couple of thing were pretty funnny though.

#1- Vive la purga!

#2-
Quote:

i said "i have to leave, this whole thing isn't vibing with me, and i need to get to sleep."  he said "you know, you signed a contract that you would stay for the entire session.." blah blah blah.. and i said "yes, well i'm going to have to break that contract. what are you going to do about it?"

:rofl2:

#3- Walking five miles tripping balls would take me like...3 hours at least.  I can't believe you made it there and then only to discover you couldn't put up your tent and just slept under the stars...which you could have done anytime along the five mile trek!

:rofl2::rofl2:

I picture you just collapsing into a heap of broken shards of a man at the campsite and I can't help but love you for it. :lol:

Cool story man.  :thumbup:  I'm giving you five shrooms just for the epicness of the tale in totality.

:mushroom2:

--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Invisiblevenetianblinds
cabbage

Loc: Flag
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Cups]
    #15217084 - 10/12/11 11:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

pretty badass trip report

--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Cups]
    #15217838 - 10/13/11 05:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cups said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
He probably offed himself. :shrug:

That seems to be your default response whenever someone stops posting for a while.

Then you seem disappointed when they come back.

:strokebeard:

Yeah everyone tends to disappoint.  My exes are all still alive also. :sad:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Icelander]
    #15218760 - 10/13/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Cups said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
He probably offed himself. :shrug:

That seems to be your default response whenever someone stops posting for a while.

Then you seem disappointed when they come back.

:strokebeard:

Yeah everyone tends to disappoint.  My exes are all still alive also. :sad:

:lolsy:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #15220235 - 10/13/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Damn that was crazy. See, the internet is awesome like that, now we don't have to be molested by a Brazilian priest in the psychedelia mutiverse.

Invisiblefilthydee
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: domite]
    #15227520 - 10/14/11 10:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

a+ trip report bro!

i can't imagine having to try to explain myself towards all that hostility from strangers while tripping nuts.
sounds like you handled it perfectly.

even after hearing all this, if there was a church in MN, i'd give it a shot.

thanks for the epic report, was worth the wait

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Satyapriya]
    #15228098 - 10/15/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shrooomtastic said:
now its probably just my paranoia, but at that exact moment i got the distinct feeling that they we're channeling some sort of dark energy.. either that, or stealing people's energy and diverting it into the shaman.

Interesting... I wouldn't completely dismiss this as paranoia.  Cool trip report!

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: deCypher]
    #15228375 - 10/15/11 05:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I doubt it's any thing so sophisticated even if such a thing were possible.  I know several of these people personally.  They are your average, self absorbed, bleeding heart liberal, dishonest,  new age mystical, emotionally immature, death anxiety obsessed, religious nuts I meet on the street every day.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #15228737 - 10/15/11 09:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I doubt it's any thing so sophisticated even if such a thing were possible.  I know several of these people personally.  They are your average, self absorbed, bleeding heart liberal, dishonest,  new age mystical, emotionally immature, death anxiety obsessed, religious nuts I meet on the street every day.

i loled so hard :thaaannks:

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

#15228744 - 10/15/11 09:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well since I am now allowed to post in this thread again, let me add this post for those who are investigating the Santo Daime by using the search feature of this website:

For anyone who read through this entire thread, I would like to add that I have somewhat of a bias against organized religion, especially modern Christianity, as well as a conditioned distrust in just about everyone I meet.. until I at least get to known them.  This no doubt shaped my view and the way I experienced the ceremony.  Keep in mind that there we're good people there who we're very positive and friendly, but simply just that there we're negative people there as well.  Also, consider that it may just be this particular church that is like this.. to me it is still conceivable that other Santo Daime churches, most likely those in other countries, are much more down to Earth and benevolent.  I still might check out another one sometime in the future, it would just depend on my evaluation of the church on its particular views and intentions with allowing newcomers to experience the effects of the ayahuasca, among other factors as well.  I am guessing though, that the next time I do it, IF I have the desire to do it, and capability to go there, it would be in the Peruvian Amazon with a shaman I trust.

The main reason I was so interested in the Santo Daime, aside from having the opportunity to try ayahuasca, was the contents of the foreword of the book they recommended I read, Forest of Visions:

I will write out the portion of the foreword that really made me believe in the power of ayahuasca, as well as the beliefs and intentions of the Santo Daime. It reads as follow:

"In 1992 a mysterious visitor arrived at our little personal growth center in the Shawangunk Mountains of New York State. He was an Andean shaman, a Quechua-speaking Yachag. He told us in his fluent Spanish that he was an appointed spokesman from the traditional peoples of the Andean high plateaus, and he delivered a message that gave us goosebumps!

Exactly five hundred years had passed since the coming of the European conquerors to the New World, and an Incan prophecy was asking for fulfillment. The white brother, forgetful of many things, would enact awful cruelties on the native peoples during the first five hundred years. There would be disrespect of the most fundamental rules of the proper human relationship to the Earth, and the resulting catastrophes would affect Pachamama, the Great Earth Mother.

But after five hundred years, a great turnabout would occur. The white brother would awaken, like a sleepwalker, from his violent trance. There would be an amazing healing that would affect the entire world, helping with the purging catastrophes that were coming.  The spirit of the Condor (South America) was asking to dance with the Eagle (North America). From their flight would emerge great joy and brotherhood between the peoples of North and South America and a new understanding between the children of the white brother and of the traditional peoples. A new relationship between the Earth and all of humanity would ensue."

:psychsplit:

The chapters of the book are as follows if you are interested:

1.  The Magician of Rio Branco
2.  The Prophet of the Amazon
3.  The Divine Gardener
4.  Zen Canoeing in the Igarape Mapia
5.  The Doctor of the Jurua
6.  Padrinho Sebastiao and Mestre Irineu
7.  I Raise This Banner
8.  The Duel with the Sorcerer
9.  The Spiritual Rebirth
10.  Memories of the Past
11.  Love Is to Be Shared
12.  New World New Life
13.  The End of Time The New Beginning
14.  The Future of New Jerusalem

Probably going to a little bit deeper this week.. and NO, I'm not brainwashed!  I am turned off by that particular church in Ashland, yes, and by some of its asshole participants, but I still have an open mind, as I believe we always should.

:peace:

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#16123474 - 04/22/12 08:02 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Dude - I know this thread is old. But your story came to me as exactly the right time. I just got through spending nearly two years in the Santo Daime religion, and am done with those mother fuckers for good.

I don't have a lot of time to write. But here is a letter I sent to a friend that kind of explains it. Those assholes are lightweight, wannabe fucking shamans who are filled with so much gad-damned ego that it is fucking insane. But then, ultra-massive egos tend to follow Jesus around.

In a nutshell, those assholes betrayed me, and left me for dead in a field. Seeing your experience affirms the egotistical nature of many who are in the Santo Daime. There are good, mature people there. But the ego-cases so out number the good ones that it is essentially a totally egotistical religion. Most of those people seem like they're in it to feel good about themselves. They're just a bunch of new-agers who glom onto spiritual vocabulary to make themselves seem wonderful. But just hope you're not someone like me with very extreme spiritual needs. Because those betrayers will fuck a guy HARD!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey bro - Have I got a story for you. I'm just reaching out to you. That's all. I'm not looking for any answers or anything. But I've ended my time in the Santo Daime.

This started back in August. I think I told you about it. I was being a dense hard-head about a matter, and a woman attacked me after a work with relatively great ferocity. I mean, she literally followed me around a house and through a field skull-hammering me with her 'inspiration' about what a selfish, unaware-of-the-needs-of-children-asshole that I am.

(This woman also spiritualizes her cuntishness by calling it her "Kali nature'....thus her 'inspiration' is in quotes).

In the meantime, it is turning out that my spiritual needs are so off the charts that it is totally mind-blowing. So this has the effect of launching me into a four month long nightmare. Dude, I could feel worms crawling on my brain. It was like insanity and death were doing everything to try and overtake me. My spiritual vision was surrounded by oceans of dead bodies. And this just would not stop....day after day, week after week, and month after month. You wouldn't have believed it.

One night I wound up on a Further concert (the latest incarnation of the Grateful Dead minus Jerry). Dude, I wound up in Lotus crawling all over the place, walking up and down the steps in lotus at the concert hall. And then I started sitting on three foot tall walls screaming and throwing myself off of the wall in full lotus onto hardened concrete. I did it again again without hardly even getting cut. It was amazing I didn't get hurt. When the show ended I was sitting on a wall screaming; "PEACE YOU MOTHER-FUCKERS!!!!" and then chucked myself off of a wall screaming in lotus, got up in the middle of a circle full of 'heads looking at me like; "WTF?!"; shouted "NO MORE FUCKING MUSHROOMS FOR THAT GUY!!!"; asked if everyone felt safe, and marched on out of there.

And I became very, very ugly during this time towards the person who did this to me. This was me truly discovering the total depth of my spiritual need, and my need for healing. And this was the leadership of Boulder current discovering the total depth of my spiritual need. But (name edited out) and (name edited out)and (name edited out)(the woman who attacked me) are total lightweights.

Even as much as a hard-head as I was being, a person with over a decade of Daime drinking should have known waaaaaaaay better than to attack someone while they were still high on Daime.

And because I became so ugly, they abandoned me. They just left me to rot dude. They saw my whole personality change on a dime, and they saw it stay changed. See, part of what happened is that I went on this really far out writing spree. Basically, all I wanted was for someone to just say they were sorry. I apologized profusely.....going so far as to compose a line-by-line apology for everything I ever said.

All anyone had to do was bend their ego just a little bit and say they were sorry. All anyone had to do was just reach out to me a little bit. But they wouldn't. So what could have been resolved in a couple of weeks time evolved into an extremely dangerous four month long nightmare. I could have died (name edited out). I could have lost my fucking mind.

All it would have taken is just a few words to reach out to me and alleviate huge suffering. But they wouldn't even do that.

And ever since that happened, I've tried to find some kind of sense in it. I've been back to four works, but told the Santo Daime to fuck-off the last time I went. And I'll never go back because the extremely ugly reality of what happened is starting to really settle in.

Those fucking lightweights encountered the true depth of my spiritual need, and they freaked out. And then they abandoned me. They literally betrayed me. I'm a fardado and a member of a family. Some family bro. Those people might as well have said to me; "Whoah! You're just a little much for us. So fuck off. But if you come around, then feel free to give us a call. We'll love to hear from ya".

When I was literally going through the very darkest period of my entire life (BY FAR)......those mother-fuckers abandoned me. They left me in a field to be eaten alive by my demons and they didn't give a fuck. And from trying to ferret out what happened over the last four months, a pretty clear picture has evolved.

Boulder current is comprised of a central core of about four people who comprise a Daime equivalent of a good old boy network. (name edited out)and the (name edited out) are three of those people. And after everything went down, those three got in the business of insuring their own egos were intact, and that they could go to bed feeling good about being (name edited out), (name edited out)and (name edited out)......and whatever was going to happen to me didn't matter at all.

On the first work I went back to, (name edited out)even said to my face; "We were really worried about you. We were even afraid for the safety of your children". But even then, that fucking betrayer would do nothing to reach out to me.

They're HUGE fucking ego-cases. There's (name edited out) who spiritualizes being a cunt. And (name edited out) spiritualizes his laziness with some bullshit philosophy about how its bad for people to disturb them while they're in their process....or some such bullshit that isn't even understandable.

He's a fucking moron. Yep. Fuck the Santo Daime.

This has evolved into true, blue trauma for me. I'm like...totally devastated. Given the leadership of the Boulder current, the Santo Daime is the worst possible place on earth I could have ended up.

Fuck the Santo Daime.

--------------------

May All Beings be Peaceful, Happy and Free

Edited by FugueRider (04/22/12 08:08 AM)

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#16123502 - 04/22/12 08:22 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I know several of these people personally.  They are your average, self absorbed, bleeding heart liberal, dishonest,  new age mystical, emotionally immature, death anxiety obsessed, religious nuts I meet on the street every day.

No shyte! You just summed up the Boulder current PERFECTLY. Those ass-clowns are TOTAL lightweights. They have virtually ZERO idea how serious Working on Ayahuasca/Daime is. Do NOT wind up at a Santo Daime work if a person has very severe spiritual needs.

You'll wind up the religious/spiritual equivalent of jail-raped.

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#16123519 - 04/22/12 08:28 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"you know, you signed a contract that you would stay for the entire session.." blah blah blah.. and i said "yes, well i'm going to have to break that contract. what are you going to do about it?" 

No shyte dude! Fucking control freaks.

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: FugueRider]
    #16123697 - 04/22/12 09:40 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Been walking my dogs and have been thinking about this thread, and about how huge egos dominate the Santo (prison rape me) Daime religion.

I used to be xian.....for nearly 20 years. And I was the real deal. I memorized enormous passages from the Bible for one thing. I KNOW the Bible very well (at least from a xian perspective). And after the event in August, I started to become jaded and began to question other fardados (fardado = a person who has been baptized in xianity) about why xrist is so venerated in The Santo Daime given His teachings.

Well, it turns out that I haven't been able to find one single person who even knows one single verse of the new testament. A bunch of 'em are just idiots who worship Jesus, and Mary in the hymns, and they don't even know why. And I am able to actually open up a Bible and show how Jesus very clearly taught that a loving God who is good will burn almost all people who have ever lived in hell forever.....for having 'wrong beliefs'. It's like Jesus said: "Yeah dude, my teachings are real peaceful and loving and stuff. But just in case you're not buying my message, you're going to burn in hell if you don't shove my message into your anus and keep it there".

And those mother-fuckers are so egotistical that even though the text is staring them right in the face, they will deny it and insist Jesus never taught anything like that. I've actually had a fardado say to me (after I totally destroyed him in debate, but he wouldn't admit it); "I don't actually even need to read the Bible to understand what is in it. The 'Holy Spirit' tells me everything I need to know".

WTF kind of a person actually walks around saying: "Check me out dude! I'm like...so totally holy that I don't even need to read a book to understand what is in it. God just fills me in on the details"!

What a self-stroking, ego-masturbator. There are enough ego-masturbating worshipers of themselves in the Santo Daime that it is just best to stay the hell away from it.

--------------------

InvisibleSymbols
§✪λⓡɕHⒶŠƎƦ

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: FugueRider] * 2
    #16123761 - 04/22/12 10:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You seem caught up on the abandonment issue and your disappointment with how your expectations with the group were violated.

Regardless of the purpose, context, time or place, human dynamics are going to be a part of ANY group. I don't care what drugs and mystical texts you throw in the works. This is another reason that McKenna recommended to explore yourself alone. People are strange enough creatures completely sober.

There is no holiness surrounding ayahuasca, surrounding any church, or surrounding any one experience. If you contact the Mystery, then that source exists in you and everything else. Don't try an seek it out in a group or an idea. It's the ever-present happening all around us.

Keep walking your dog. That's more holy than the fruitloops with a noble savage bias.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Symbols]
    #16124031 - 04/22/12 11:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #16124256 - 04/22/12 12:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:whathesaid: yah sucks your ass got tapped but that's the risk you take. There's a lot here on the boards with similar experiences.

--------------------

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

#16124481 - 04/22/12 02:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, not cool that they abandoned you in a field mid-trip. That's the type of shit that's ganna get them shut down... :thumbdown:

Though I never expected them to help me with my personal demons. I wanted a safe environment to work through some of my issues and to do a little self-discovery, that's all. And they couldn't even give me that! Kept trying to force me back into the "ritual" or "ceremony", which was giving me seriously dark and sinister vibes at that point.

What were some of your experiences like with the vine though? Positive or negative? What do you think of some of the rituals they do? without the insanity of some of their members polluting it. I still think it's pretty #@$%#$^ crazy...

--------------------

OfflineNARYA
/WAKE/DREAM/SLEEP/

Loc: Here.
    #16124966 - 04/22/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I cant help but agree with everything symbols says <3

My ego would love to participate just to completely override the fuckedness of it all. I would have fun showing them TRUE light. But my actual self is typically silent on the matter.

After thought: you took ayahuasca. Nobody can twist the beauty of it, not really. Even though that was so meh you, took ayahuasca. Youve beten changed in ways that may not have arrived yet. And I guarantee its all for the best
:awecid:

--------------------

Edited by NARYA (04/22/12 04:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies