Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now.
    #15199520 - 10/09/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

A friend of mine just called me from the ER where her boyfriend was taken via ambulance. She says they tripped at about 2am, and at 7am her boyfriend was coming down and looked real pale in the face and complained of not feeling well. He then stopped breathing according to her, and her sister had to give him CPR. I didn't believe this at first thinking she might have been impaired, but her sister is an EMS.

I'm just a little confused as to what would cause this. The mushrooms taken were not wild, and the person isn't on any other drugs, pharms, or alcohol.

I am usually the most knowledgeable person in the group when it comes to hallucinogens, but this kinda seems to contradict most things I've learned about cubensis. The dose was around 3g.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15199532 - 10/09/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The spirits got him! :facepalm:

......seriously i have no idea

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Almond Flour]
    #15199559 - 10/09/11 09:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Did his heart also stop beating or was it just the actual breathing in and out?

What did they say at the hospital?

I remember when I would get stoned as a kid I would "forget" how to swallow but that was more funny than scary and it always went away once I forgot that I forgot.

Hope your friend is ok :smile:

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15199607 - 10/09/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

that is just too weird for me... i've never heard nor read of any case where someone just stopped breathing due to psilocybin ingestion but in all honesty i can't say that it is impossible... :frown: i hope your friend is alright and out of the woods by now... please keep us posted...

Kensho

OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #15199633 - 10/09/11 10:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It helps to have a little background info. He may have taken something no one else knew about. He may have had a previous condition that no one else knew about. Maybe the source of the shrooms is questionable. Perhaps he had a respiratory arrest AT THE TIME of tripping. It may have been an independent occurrence that the mushrooms weren't even responsible for. That seems to be the most logical possibility.

Bottom line: Get some more info. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered before jumping to the conclusion that mushrooms were responsible for this accident. I wish your friend the best and I hope he gets better. I also hope the little brush up with the authorities goes smoothly.

--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

InvisibleRebel_At_War
REBEL
Female

Loc: Wherever the wind blows
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: XeR0]
    #15199710 - 10/09/11 10:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I havent heard of anything like this before eighter, but id like to know if u get more information on the subject... I hope your friend is allright...

--------------------
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives his life to the fullest is prepared to die at any time...

OfflineLawL mushrooms
El Gringo Loco
Male

Loc: New Mexico/Nevada
    #15200299 - 10/09/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have witnessed a person tripping on mushrooms have some kind of seizure, the just fall down, It seems like his CNS is shut off. he recovered within seconds, but felt ill, looked pale, and it happened to him again 5 minutes later when he sat down on the floor, he fell forward flat, unresponsive for 3-5sec. he regained consciousness and was shaky, but Ok, he remained stable for the rest of his trip. he was tripping on 3.5g He was ~3 hours into his trip.

I have also read of reports of people  having weird seizures from shrooms, also theres a report on here of a kid falling dead from shrooms.

--------------------
Living A Wild Life-LawL

"Why are we here?" "I am here to help others, i don't know why the others are here"

Edited by LawL mushrooms (10/09/11 12:53 PM)

OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: LawL mushrooms]
    #15200749 - 10/09/11 02:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LawL mushrooms said:
also theres a report on here of a kid falling dead from shrooms.

Can you link us to such a report? I'd like to research into this because if indeed mushrooms are responsible, then a lot more care needs to be taken when anyone takes shrooms. Any psychedelic needs to be taken with care anyway but not to this extent that I'm hearing about.

It's important to let us know if the tripper in question has had any conditions. It's hard to isolate shrooms as the main cause for these "attacks". There are a lot of factors that come into play in cases like these.

--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
    #15201634 - 10/09/11 05:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've had a friend who took some of my shrooms and passed the fuck out while we were walking around a park. She was sitting on a bench and she simply leaned over and went limp. It scared the fuck out of me, but it just turned out that she needed some water.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

OfflineLawL mushrooms
El Gringo Loco
Male

Loc: New Mexico/Nevada
    #15201927 - 10/09/11 06:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, earlier i was trying to search for the thread to link it. I think the poster deleted the thread. it was posted like 10 months ago with a title of, I saw my friend die infront of my eyes tonight. there may be some other posters who remember the thread.

--------------------
Living A Wild Life-LawL

"Why are we here?" "I am here to help others, i don't know why the others are here"

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: LawL mushrooms]
    #15202377 - 10/09/11 08:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ive definitely felt like i was getting close to not breathing and dying on mushrooms before.
It was scary, it was like I forgot how to breathe and had to figure out how to do it again. Seemed liked id go without taking a breath for ~1min at a time.:uhoh:

--------------------
I need Jesus.

OfflineImaginingEmotions
SkyjumpingDude

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: thoughts]
    #15202887 - 10/09/11 10:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, i've been to that point too. I personally believe that if I wanted to I could just stop breathing and fall into the darkness while tripping on shrooms. It's fuckin scary tho, being right there on the edge.

--------------------

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: MoxyOx]
    #15202921 - 10/09/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MoxyOx said:
I've had a friend who took some of my shrooms and passed the fuck out while we were walking around a park. She was sitting on a bench and she simply leaned over and went limp. It scared the fuck out of me, but it just turned out that she needed some water.

the only time i've really heard of anyone having serious trouble on a psychedelic was from dehydration, like you mentioned

who knows though..

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: owls]
    #15203053 - 10/09/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oh wow...that's some crazy things going around in this thread.

Common sense tells me if you "forget" how to breathe while shroomin', you seriously need to re-consider the motivating factors for ingesting hallucinogenic mushrooms...or at the very least lower your dosage.

I have never had such a bad reaction....ever.

No body is the same. Each person has a slightly different in-vivo chemistry, therefore a trip can never be the same from individual to individual.

As far as OP goes - it's medically impossible for him to stop breathing solely off of a such a dose or mushrooms alone(at least according to known research data...no research has ever recorded such a bad reaction). There's more to what you know/telling. My guess is the kid popped something before ingesting or is on meds or something that could be reactive with psilocybin/psilocybe. The only possible explanation would be that he is allergic - except that psilocybin is hypoallergenic.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Tien]
    #15203098 - 10/09/11 10:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow great post bro :rolleyes:

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

#15203134 - 10/09/11 11:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tien said:
My guess is the kid popped something before ingesting or is on meds or something that could be reactive with psilocybin/psilocybe. The only possible explanation would be that he is allergic - except that psilocybin is hypoallergenic.

I figured the same thing. Also (and yes I know I'm repeating this), it's possible the kid went through a coincidental respiratory arrest. Mushrooms may not be to blame. Who knows? Further info is needed both for you, your friend, and the rest of psychedelic community.

--------------------

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
    #15203149 - 10/09/11 11:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

XeR0 said:
Quote:

Tien said:
My guess is the kid popped something before ingesting or is on meds or something that could be reactive with psilocybin/psilocybe. The only possible explanation would be that he is allergic - except that psilocybin is hypoallergenic.

I figured the same thing. Also (and yes I know I'm repeating this), it's possible the kid went through a coincidental respiratory arrest. Mushrooms may not be to blame. Who knows? Further info is needed both for you, your friend, and the rest of psychedelic community.

I'm also thinking he may have had a bad psychiatric reaction that showed itself physiologically (stopped breathing), but that's a bit of a stretch.

The more I think about this, the only thing that fits is him taking something other than shrooms.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #15204938 - 10/10/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

why are you such a dick?  his post had content and was relevant to the thread

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: Cherk]
    #15206147 - 10/10/11 04:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Even if you do 'forget' how to breathe and pass out, when you do pass out, you'll start breathing again.

OfflinePacmanpth
Stranger

Re: Friend stopped breathing while tripping, in hospital now. [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15206557 - 10/10/11 05:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If he was coming down, he may have been very dehydrated.  Dehydrated + subjective reality can cause some very frightening experiences.  I've had severe panic from that plus insomnia before, and I could easily see how enough of that could cause heart issues, the scarily negative large scale existential thoughts that I had in that state made me literally go into full panic flight mode until I passed out and rolled off the back of a golf cart.  Stress kills...seriously, make sure your body is well prepared before an adventure.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate