Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Portabella mixed in with my friskys [Re: Primal Call]
    #15436333 - 11/28/11 04:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Day around the Bay!!!

:persistence:

note the cyan-friscosa mix in a couple of photos..Very very closely related in some cases

Edited by auweia (11/28/11 04:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMulch Sausage
Male User Gallery

Loc: mulch
Re: Portabella mixed in with my friskys [Re: auweia]
    #15436369 - 11/28/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Im speachless. Just know its your fault when I move to the bay area auweia.

--------------------
“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”  -HST

PNW ACTIVES

Bfogg's Skills

Offlinekryst0pher
Curiousity
Male
Loc: Alemeda County CA
It had to happen eventually.... [Re: LanLord]
    #15436441 - 11/28/11 05:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

had to happen eventually....  Out harvesting, (Note, NOT hunting.. :smile: ) and ran into a fellow boardie here.. 

Well met by the way Gravity.

Had a nice conversation and invited him to pick some with me.  I understand the need for secrecy with these things as you never know when you'll tip off a patch killer, and it was the first time I've ever been approached while harvesting so I didn't know what to expect, but I was surprised by his shock when I invited him to pick them with me.. 

After all they don't belong to me I just know what they are, and so did he. So it was an entirely positive experience (On both parts I think) He mentioned running into you Auweia on a hunt last season, he was knowledgeable and harvested with precision and care.  I'd like to big up the shroomery in general for his (and my) knowledge and respect for these wonderful teachers. and thank you too Auwiea for your thoughtful spreading of wisdom.

Bless

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: kryst0pher]
    #15436557 - 11/28/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yes kryst0pher..I did meet Gravity last year and i know the area well. You found it on your own and it's no problem. Gravity also found the area on his own too. I've known about it for 6 years. There's certainly more than enough for us, but not hundreds of people - like could happen if we're not careful

the only thing we ask is to keep the general area a secret (not even mention the city or the county). You can guess that it can easily turn into a circus if too many people found out about it

we don't want the area to end up like Golden Gate Park. So if you can, just visit the area by yourself and be discreet

post photos is fine too, just no background so people can figure out where it is. Learn how to recycle the extra mycelium back into the area and it'll be there the rest of our lives

It's basically the last refuge, our San Francisco National Park wood chip preserve..There isn't any other places quite like that in the Bay Area

It's up to us to keep it that way

Edited by auweia (11/28/11 06:25 PM)

Offlineionsight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: auweia]
    #15436833 - 11/28/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My first cyans EVER! so excited. I found these under a rosemary bush right by a walking trail. They're good right?

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: ionsight]
    #15436853 - 11/28/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yes they are good ionsight....Congrats!

btw, if you feel comfortable with it, you can often leave them out there and they'll get twice that size...Not sure about this week tho being so dry...foggy and cool and humid so far, but still no rain

Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay area
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: ionsight]
    #15436859 - 11/28/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Congratulations on your first cyans

--------------------

Offlinekryst0pher
Curiousity
Male
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: savage.renegade]
    #15437305 - 11/28/11 08:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No problem Auwiea, I found that area last year at the end of the season and have been keeping it under my hat ever since...

I'm glad to know too that you (and Gravity) know of it, it has been a bit of a weight on me as so many fruits just go un-harvested, Ive felt a responsibility to it and as you are well aware it is WAY more than one person can handle.

I was glad to have run into Gravity there and am stoked to find you know of it. No worries about revealing its location... After having a patch raided because of GPS data in a photo, I do not take habitat shots at that location. (precisely because of the circus it would create.)

I have a myriad of questions, and a couole theories about how that place came to be... I look forward to running into you there and picking your brain, should you see a lone dread wandering around and looking at the ground, please say "hello".

Bless

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#15437377 - 11/28/11 08:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I had the same thing happen to me in 2006 after I posted a photo with background images..Somebody then used Google satellite and tracked it down within an hour

as far as the area, I have known about it for years, but only in the last few years I've had time to really go and explore the whole thing.

the place is huge and you're right, more than any one person can handle, at least on foot...It actually takes me five hours just to hunt through part of it, on a bike

and spreading more spores the whole time

however, as big as it seems, it's not unlimited..Golden Gate Park was once like this 30 years ago, and that's a big park too..I know, I was there. I hunted in Golden gate Park 30 years ago and that used to be what this area looks like today

what happened with GGP is long term pin raping, over many many years with just too many people. I have actually seen over the years, roving packs of 12 teenagers, caravans and buses camped out from the PNW - in GGP just to hunt shrooms...Now it's just a remnant of what it used to be like...I still go out to GGP sometimes, but it's kind of depressing...LOL

so now we have a second chance

It really is up to us to preserve it

and don't worry about a few places rotting....It will be much less rotting than in the past, and we know how to keep it going and spread it further, don't we  :smile:

and PS, in the 6 years that I've known the area, I never once mentioned the city publicly. not to anyone..Not the OPS here, and especially nobody at the MSSF either

they may not like it, but I learned my lesson and you did to..We learn that lesson once..no need to learn it again...hehe

I found this out personally in the last few years with a now infamous stretch of parkland road connected to GGP that used to be great picking years ago. I noticed a huge increase of hunters on this stretch the last few years so I talked to a few of those hunters and guess what

they told me that the head of the MSSF, Hi Dennis (Dr. Dennis Desjardin)!!, has been telling people about this stretch of road in his class at San francisco State mycology department

and of course you know the result....the entire 2 mile long stretch of road is almost now devoid of cyans..You'll be lucky to find 5 pins in 5 hours

thanks a lot, Dennis  :P

pretty damn effective in killing off that stretch of San francisco

Quote:

kryst0pher said:
No problem Auwiea, I found that area last year at the end of the season and have been keeping it under my hat ever since...

I'm glad to know too that you (and Gravity) know of it, it has been a bit of a weight on me as so many fruits just go un-harvested, Ive felt a responsibility to it and as you are well aware it is WAY more than one person can handle.

I was glad to have run into Gravity there and am stoked to find you know of it. No worries about revealing its location... After having a patch raided because of GPS data in a photo, I do not take habitat shots at that location. (precisely because of the circus it would create.)

I have a myriad of questions, and a couole theories about how that place came to be... I look forward to running into you there and picking your brain, should you see a lone dread wandering around and looking at the ground, please say "hello".

Bless

Edited by auweia (11/28/11 08:42 PM)

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
    #15437391 - 11/28/11 08:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If you want your spots to stay secret then post find like this and you are golden...

--------------------
:irishtoast:

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: cacharstar]
    #15437470 - 11/28/11 08:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Went up to the north coast, and like a dumbass didn't take a camera, so I apologize for the quality. I found cyans and I believe "friscosas", I'm going to be a pest and call them Ps. cyanohumboldts though :lol:

Half the cyans were found in woodchips, half were found in the beach dunes. The friscosas were found in 2 seperate wood chip patches. Unfortunately all the spots were mostly pins that got left behind, my harvests were pretty small...

Cyans:

Friscosa:

Side by side:

Offlinekryst0pher
Curiousity
Male
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: cacharstar]
    #15437488 - 11/28/11 08:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Shots like those can be used as evidence... Maybe I'm paranoid, though these grow wild in our area, it is still federal, state, and local "f**k me up the A**" prison time to have them in your possession... Like I said maybe I'm paranoid... But I post pics for identification purposes only. If I know what they are I feel no compulsion to brag. And do not relish attention to my activities.

I have found a new hobby in the IDENTIFICATION of local mushrooms, edible and otherwise... That is all... I also wish to stay under the "hunters of hunters" radar... (that mindset knows who I'm talking about) besides, it's wonderful exercise and stupid exciting to find natural useful things on my own, in all forms, edible, valuable, medicinal or otherwise.

One.

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #15437557 - 11/28/11 08:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kryst0pher said:
If I know what they are I feel no compulsion to brag. And do not relish attention to my activities.

Seems like you're bragging about how much smarter you think you are than the rest of us.. All that coming from someone who posts the county they live in, and spells it wrong :lol:

Edited by Ran-D (11/28/11 08:50 PM)

OfflineCapMeh
RX Jazzist
 User Gallery

Loc: The Holy Mountain
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: Ran-D]
    #15437571 - 11/28/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey auweia, will the fruiting in the bay still peak around the new year? Looks like its pretty active right now.

--------------------

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
    #15437579 - 11/28/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

True.  I don't even know what they are thou.  Just looked pretty and I always dispose of them:grin:

--------------------
:irishtoast:

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#15437584 - 11/28/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yes I agree....That's why I only post habitat shots, out in the wild, and only closeups

not really good to post pickings, tho that's a personal choice

Truth be told tho, not a single hunter has ever been in serious trouble in the San Francisco bay Area..There's bigger problems than us hunters

The only time I ever heard of anyone getting hassled for hunting is somebody who told me he got caught once hunting in the Presidio, long before it was a national park and it was still a military base..They took him to the brig for one night, confiscated his pickings, then let him go the next morning...no charges

then they bulldozed the area he was picking in the next morning, and it only came back bigger the next year

it's much different now tho since it's been converted to a National park...far more damage has been done by George Lucas alone..I got pictures of that before and after

depressing

the entire purpose of posting photos like this in the wild is to show off, but not the way you think

The purpose is to show others what is possible in your area of the San Francisco bay Area...It can happen and it's not that hard...The tools and information are easy and free, both here in the hunting and cultivation forums..It just takes years and lots of patience

you can easily spread it around with a single live specimen

Edited by auweia (11/28/11 09:05 PM)

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #15437618 - 11/28/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

auweia said:

So then the entire mushroom cultivation forum should be photoless?

I harvest small amounts of mushrooms for species identification/observational purposes. End of discussion.

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: Ran-D]
    #15437638 - 11/28/11 09:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well heck, you said cultivation forum..we just went through that with Alan a couple hours ago, no?...LOL

c'mon man

do you know which forum you're in?

not to be anal or anything, but you will not find a single posting by me in any cultivation forums..I just don't do that...I hunt, that's it..that's all I've ever done....sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't

can't speak for others tho :P

I can tell you one thing..If I was a-cultivating i sure as hell wouldn't be posting here, or anywhere in public for that matter

but like I said, that's a personal choice....I can't speak for others who do cultivate..I just wouldn't do it myself

Hunting and in the wild shots I have no problem with...basically for no other reason than it happens in peoples front yards sometimes (right on their doorstep), through no fault of their own, and wouldn't it be better if they can know what is happening on their doorstep, rather than be ignorant and try and kick it as usual?

I've actually talked to local residents about this very thing (little old ladies in their 70's) and pointed out that some of it could be a rare and unidentified species --no need whatsoever to mention that it could be psychedelic ---and that kicking it won't really do anything except spread it around some more

and they'e like 'oh ok...well, we'll leave it alone I guess, no big deal'

the point is, they don't really know how rare it is and neither do I half the time, and once they understand how easy it is for it to happen, simply because their apartment unit complex decided to dump lots of wood chips (as weed control), they understand it's not really any sort of threat, and can't possibly be. It's not like they're going to grow legs and gang up and suddenly invade their apartment at 3am, tie them up and have at their cookies all night, huh?

it only becomes a problem if it becomes a circus around those chips..and that's never going to happen on my watch

cheers!

Quote:

Ran-D said:
Quote:

auweia said:

So then the entire mushroom cultivation forum should be photoless?

I harvest small amounts of mushrooms for species identification/observational purposes. End of discussion.

Edited by auweia (11/28/11 09:49 PM)

Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay area
    #15437831 - 11/28/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So you saying its a smart idea to only post habitat shots?

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: savage.renegade]
    #15437845 - 11/28/11 09:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm saying that's the best idea in the hunting forum, if you can help it

because that is what the hunting forum is all about..showing people the different habitat they can grow in

there are some tight situations where it's impossible to take habitat shots....then take shots of the pickings for ID purposes

not a big deal

many of us hunters respect cultivators immensely, but that's a whole different area....there is a good reason why the forums are seperated

Quote:

savage.renegade said:
So you saying its a smart idea to only post habitat shots?

Edited by auweia (11/28/11 10:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract