Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedeadhor5
Collector
Male User Gallery

Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips
    #15179844 - 10/05/11 05:42 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

i myself have experienced visuals on cubes multiple times of vast mayan temples and architecture, and ive heard it mentioned in many trip reports (mostly mescaline).

Ive been wondering a lot about why that particularly... im still trying to come to my own conclusion on why and if this generates interest ill share my thoughts with you, but do any of you shroomerites have any thoughts on the subject? or any experiences with seeing mayan imagery while tripping?

--------------------
Please :pm: me if you have any interesting cacti seeds for trade/sale/giveaway :laugh: U.S only..

My Garden!!!!

All posts i make are merely fictional rants that i transcribe for the schizophrenic goldfish people in my mind.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepachoo
Female

Loc: Northern VA
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: deadhor5]
    #15179850 - 10/05/11 05:47 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

i do!!

and i see hindu, tibetan. i see all that stuff. i've only tripped twice but i got really crazy visuals. like... detailed stuff. i wish i could draw it. i should. i'm pretty good at drawing. but it never sat still. the visuals kept morphing into more and more....

and i saw a red dragon... it blew fire on me....

--------------------

Offlinedeadhor5
Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: pachoo]
    #15179856 - 10/05/11 05:56 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

hahaha i definately know what you mean! If i could draw, even one frame of one of my CEVs it would be the most epic creation ive ever made haha. I also see lots of other styles (all of them older civilizations) but that mayan temple style is always the most prominent, or common, especially on my higher dose mushroom trips.

--------------------
Please :pm: me if you have any interesting cacti seeds for trade/sale/giveaway :laugh: U.S only..

My Garden!!!!

All posts i make are merely fictional rants that i transcribe for the schizophrenic goldfish people in my mind.

Invisiblemistamonsta
psychonaut
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: pachoo] * 1
    #15179861 - 10/05/11 06:06 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I will explain my theory briefly...
All the Aztec, Mayan and Incan peoples were into psychedelics for visionary purposes and spiritual guidance. Ergo they made their temples and images based off what they saw in their sacred visions. I too have seen patterns that resemble many Mayan and Incan images while on natural psychedelics. Another one is the rainbow serpent of Australian Aboriginal dreamtime... While on Aussie native shrooms I myself have experienced plenty of hallucinations of rainbows, particularly big long twisty ones not unlike a certain rainbow serpent.

Now I dont expect this to be completely correct but surely there is something of what I said to be true, at least in part. An interesting experiment would be to give these different natural psychedelics such as peyote, cubes, salvia and Ausssie P. Subs to someone who has never seen any of these types of images before. Then we could see if they come to hallucinate the same type of patterns as seen in the images previously mentioned, with attention paid to the origin of the substance used in relation to the origins of the patterns and visions experienced.

--------------------
Your mind is a weapon...USE IT!!!

OfflineiDmt
Humbled
Male

#15179883 - 10/05/11 06:23 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I have always had Egyptian style visuals.  My first cid trip, all I could see no on every surface was this face virtually indentical to Queen nefertiti.  I mean everything; the sky, walls, on beds.  It was really cool.  On shrooms I see egyption style faces on earthy surfaces like rocks etc.  It's all so beautiful :mushroom2:

Offlinedeadhor5
Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: mistamonsta]
    #15179910 - 10/05/11 06:39 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mistamonsta said:
All the Aztec, Mayan and Incan peoples were into psychedelics for visionary purposes and spiritual guidance. Ergo they made their temples and images based off what they saw in their sacred visions. I too have seen patterns that resemble many Mayan and Incan images while on natural psychedelics. Another one is the rainbow serpent of Australian Aboriginal dreamtime... While on Aussie native shrooms I myself have experienced plenty of hallucinations of rainbows, particularly big long twisty ones not unlike a certain rainbow serpent.

Now I dont expect this to be completely correct but surely there is something of what I said to be true, at least in part. An interesting experiment would be to give these different natural psychedelics such as peyote, cubes, salvia and Ausssie P. Subs to someone who has never seen any of these types of images before. Then we could see if they come to hallucinate the same type of patterns as seen in the images previously mentioned, with attention paid to the origin of the substance used in relation to the origins of the patterns and visions experienced.

interesting, this is similar to my thoughts on the matter, but ive been leaning more towards the idea that these early civilizations worshipped the visionary state and their legacy is preserved into some sort of global consciousness that were more in tune to on psychedelics. At least thats what the part of me that is drawn to mystical spirtual type things wants to believe.

However my rational mind says these images are something everyones at least partially exposed to in one way or another in their daily life and its definately possible that the state of mind your in, or the part of your brain that is active while tripping just makes some connection to architecture in foreign societies (it is the only material mark they put on this planet)

i agree the only way to truly test this would be by collecting trip reports from various people whove been sheltered from knowledge on foreign cultures their entire life, as well as media representations of them (mayan apoclypse movies, indiana jones,  etc etc)

--------------------

My Garden!!!!

Offlinedeadhor5
Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: iDmt]
    #15179911 - 10/05/11 06:41 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iDmt said:
I have always had Egyptian style visuals.  My first cid trip, all I could see no on every surface was this face virtually indentical to Queen nefertiti.  I mean everything; the sky, walls, on beds.  It was really cool.  On shrooms I see egyption style faces on earthy surfaces like rocks etc.  It's all so beautiful :mushroom2:

Everythings beautiful on shrooms ;] the only trips id have that had an egyptian feel to them were my few experiences with dmt and salvia, but i might only be saying that because they feel.... smoother... than  other psychedelics, and i mean smooth as in the physical sensation of touching a smooth object. which i always associate with the smooth pyramids and feilds of sand in egypt.

--------------------

My Garden!!!!

OfflineiDmt
Humbled
Male

#15179923 - 10/05/11 06:53 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deadhor5 said:
Quote:

iDmt said:

Everythings beautiful on shrooms ;] the only trips id have that had an egyptian feel to them were my few experiences with dmt and salvia, but i might only be saying that because they feel.... smoother... than  other psychedelics, and i mean smooth as in the physical sensation of touching a smooth object. which i always associate with the smooth pyramids and feilds of sand in egypt.

That's interesting how you associated smoothness of the touch and ride of certain psychedelics with the Egyptian style, very cool.

Offlinedeadhor5
Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: iDmt]
    #15179929 - 10/05/11 06:59 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know if it makes sense, its just the only way i can put it into words, acids very... mechanical, mushrooms are very earthy and rooted, mescaline is liquid, and salvia and dmt are smooth, at least in my mind :3

--------------------

My Garden!!!!

OfflineiDmt
Humbled
Male

#15179942 - 10/05/11 07:08 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deadhor5 said:
I dont know if it makes sense, its just the only way i can put it into words, acids very... mechanical, mushrooms are very earthy and rooted, mescaline is liquid, and salvia and dmt are smooth, at least in my mind :3

I can see what you mean with the acid, mushrooms and mescaline.  I'm yet to try salvia and smoked dmt.  I've only done a light dose of ayahuasca, and a resin hit of dimitri.

Aya also feels very earthy and rooted, at least at the dose I experienced.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male
    #15180085 - 10/05/11 08:34 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

mandala?

--------------------
Yay people can run their mouth and belittle me on here and when I defend myself its not ok.  What a fucking great place this is huh??      Then people can give me bad ratings and when I return the favor  an admin deletes it for them.
  WELL FUCK YOU ASSHOLES
  I SEE HOW THIS PLACE IS

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#15180513 - 10/05/11 11:31 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deadhor5 said:
im still trying to come to my own conclusion on why

:shrug:

your boy CARL JUNG has already got it figured out.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlineinfectedstyle
Stranger
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: k00laid]
    #15180548 - 10/05/11 11:41 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

deadhor5 said:
im still trying to come to my own conclusion on why

:shrug:

your boy CARL JUNG has already got it figured out.

Can you elaborate? Not to bash on Carl Jung , but i'd like to hear why you say that. (never read his books. :shocked: i'm planning to)

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: infectedstyle]
    #15180568 - 10/05/11 11:50 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

um, he proves that universal knowledge is an actual phenomena.

ideas and concepts seem to transcend time and space.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlineinfectedstyle
Stranger
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: k00laid]
    #15180613 - 10/05/11 12:01 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ah, yeah. That's also what a lot of string theorists say. No information is ever lost and we can regain it at any time. Can't wait to hear how Carl Jung proved it when i finally read his books. Is it in Dreams, memories, reflections?

I have different visuals than most. It seems. Closed eye visuals are incomprehensible 4d fractals and sometimes laser beams that feel really uncomfortable. Or weird fractalled 2d woman wearing sunglasses.

OEV consists of people i share a connection with. And even people i didn't have a connection with but did later. Like visions coming from the future. But ONLY people that are into psychedelics aswell.

lol sorry, these are my thoughts kind of off-topic. I have no idea WHY you would see mayan architecture in particulair.

Offlinereachingtosee
Stranger

Loc: noho
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: infectedstyle]
    #15180720 - 10/05/11 12:32 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that we are all connected somehow. Most of my trips I seem to get flashes of all the ancient cultures. One trip at of 2 8ths and 4 tabs of lsd I was sitting alone and turned to my left and an old native shaman was sitting there smoking a peace pipe turned ssmiled at me and blew the smoke in my face...later that night I encounted a being I later learned could be described as shiva...crazy stuff but somehow these plants connect us to another plane and we all reach those planes depending on how deep we want to go

OfflineAlyDrops
Stranger
Female
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: mistamonsta]
    #15180744 - 10/05/11 12:40 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mistamonsta said:

:whathesaid:

I think a more accurate title for this thread would be "Thoughts on psychedelic imagery in Mayan architecture", not the other way around.

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: AlyDrops]
    #15181181 - 10/05/11 02:27 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Doesn't happen to me very often... but when I was in  mexico that's almost all I saw! it was very awesome

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:
Never get bunked again! Cheap test kits for shroomerites

-Marquis-Mecke-Mandelin-Simon-Ehrlichs-

Test almost any substance

:sun:

real life shit has put this on hold.  Sorry to all who have sent me PM's!
will be resuming regular service within the month.

OfflineHarryLS
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: NWlight]
    #15181382 - 10/05/11 03:09 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Mushrooms go more egyptian in motif
DMT heavily Mayan or Incan ...

Could be the simple geometry of thier architecture and art....

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineLittileSkierDude
Wandering Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Behind You
Re: Thoughts on Mayan imagery in trips [Re: HarryL]
    #15181468 - 10/05/11 03:33 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

this for some reason makes me think of ancient aliens. maybe ancient cultures across the world don't have similar stories, practices, and architecture because of aliens, but rather similar psychadelic experiences induced by similar drugs hmmmmmmm:awesomenod:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience