Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCups
technically "here"
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Heffy]
    #15151814 - 09/29/11 09:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
Quote:

AIRDOG said:
if the shaman is juan ruiz you should not take the ceremony at all... they are demons in the dress of angels and they want to mind control you and get your energy

If someone tried to mind control me, and steal my energy, I would totally fuck them up. Most of these "Sorcerers" I meet couldn't take a punch if their life depended on it.

Damn.  You got to wonder how real the delusion must be for him sign the contract (if the translation is correct). 

Then get his ass kicked in front of his students.  :whoa:

--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefilthydee
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Cups]
    #15152059 - 09/29/11 10:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wonder if that was all planned from his students..faking for months that his garbage/hand waving had some sort of affect on them.
lol

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: filthydee]
    #15157085 - 09/30/11 09:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The people in the martial arts community who practice this no-touching technique garbage tend to use hypnosis on their students. This is why it only works on people who believe it will work, much like other magick or sorcery. Sometimes they keep up with it so long they start to actually believe in their powers themselves. He must have honestly thought he could win that fight, but that's magical thinking for you.

Most of these "magicians" are nothing more than tricksters and storytellers.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Invisiblefilthydee
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Heffy]
    #15157192 - 09/30/11 09:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you see him pretty much try to slap him slowly?
wtf..delusional

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: filthydee]
    #15166679 - 10/02/11 12:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

SOOOOOOOOOO howd OP's trip go!? i know its a little early just bumping the thread!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Invisiblefilthydee
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Rewindicus]
    #15168699 - 10/02/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

could be happening right now:tongue:

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #15168740 - 10/02/11 07:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rewindicus said:
SOOOOOOOOOO howd OP's trip go!? i know its a little early just bumping the thread!

Where to even begin?

Now, I like to think that I'm a pretty open-minded person, and pretty accepting as well of other people and their beliefs.. But that was totally messed up :eek:

After experiencing a full on 8 hour ayahuasca session with 100+ people, it is my official opinion that the Santo Daime, or at least this particular church in Ashland, is for sure a cult, with heavy emphasis on brainwashing participants through music while they are in a vulnerable psychedelic state, under the guise of "spiritual healing."

I will walk you through the entire day for anyone who is interested or thinking about attending a session with them:

I arrived in Ashland, Oregon at 2:30PM on Friday and met John and Chante at the Santo Daime offices for an interview at 3PM.  It was me, and 4 other people being interviewed with the intention of attending that evening at 6PM and/or Sunday evening at 5PM as well.  The interview took like a half hour, we all shared our personal stories in less than 5 mins each and explained our interest in ayahuasca, or as they must legally call it, "the Daime" or "the Sacrament", due to their court case with the federal government.  They shared with us some information about the ayahuasca, and about what they do here, and how it all works with them...etc.  Then interview was over, we all left and we're to meet at the Havurah Jewish Synagogue at 6PM.. which I thought was kind of strange, but whatever.

Stupidly though, I had decided to carpool with the older couple I was sitting across from during the interview.  Mainly because I didn't think I would have the energy to ride my motorcycle at night after an ayahuasca session, all the while trying to find the campground i left my stuff at, so, I wen't with them.  We arrived at the Synagogue at 6PM, just as they we're setting up, but still waiting on the church leader.

Now, the people who interviewed us we're very normal.. they we're positive and friendly, kind of funny even.. but the rest of the night was straight up insanity.

The first thing that I found to be weird was they wanted everyone to wear white.. and pretty much only white.  White shirts, white pants, white socks.. and then men were to wear blue ties, and the women, blue bowties.  I didn't have any white pants (and I wasn't going to where any anyways, hell no.) but I did have my blue and grey meditation pants which they said we're alright to wear.. and then I picked up a white t-shirt at K-mart on the way over.  So then I check out the seating arrangement.  It was pretty much 100+ chairs, all facing the center where the shamans (or leaders as we have to call them) sit, plus the church leaders as well.  And then men and women are divided down the middle.  A very uncomfortable seating arrangement for me.. ESPECIALLY if I am to be tripping on a powerful psychedelic!

So then I sat down and took a look at the hymn book that contained all the hymns they go through during this particular ayahuasca session called "the concentration."  They are all in Portuguese, but each song had the English translation on the following page.  Here are some of the English translations I have found online that are most similar to the kind in the hymn book:

Oh, Divine Virgin Mother
Antonio Gomes  19

O Divine Virgin Mother
Ordered to teach us
To know this Light
And to love th eDivine Father.

But they don’t want to believe
That this power exists
They only maintain their illusion
And no one tries to learn.

The Divine Eternal Father
Is the Owner of this power
It is He who gives strength to our Master
For whatever he wants to do.

Being within the Light
Everyone must believe
Because He has the discipline
And can discipline.

O Divine Virgin Mother
You are our Protectress
Give comfort to my brethren
You as Mother Creator.

Everyone must humble himself
With love in his heart
Before this power
Of the Virgin of Conception.

FIRMNESS
Sebastão  3

Firmness, firmness in love
Firmness, firmness where I am
I am firm with my Jesus
I am firm in this light where I am

Firmness, firmness in love
Firmness, firmness where I am
The Master orders me to work
The Master orders me to firm myself
In the place where He is.

I am Firm with my Jesus
Sebastião  4

I am firm with my Jesus
It was He who gave us this holy Light

This Light is of the Virgin of Conception
It was She who sent me to unite with my brethren

It was She who sent me to unite with my brethren
For the reunion from the separation

On this day, many people will cry
For there are many who don’t know how to love.

Okay, so I picked out some of the really religious ones :lol: there are some I found online that are more "spiritual" rather, as opposed to religious.  Though these religious ones we're the only type I came across in the book, and I read through most of it.  Here are some of the less religious ones I found online:

I Saw God in the Sun
Chico Corrente  20

I ask God to forgive my sins
To forgive me and my brothers and sisters
I ask God to give me the Holy Light
For me to love You in my heart.

I saw God in the Sun, in the Moon & in the Stars
I saw God in the wind, the earth and the sea
Everyone knows that God is in everything
Everyone be firm and composed in your place.

I say to everyone, with love in my heart
God is who gives us the Holy Light
God is who gives us our destiny
For us to leave this world of illusion.

FROM THE FOREST
Alfredo 14 (waltz)

From the forest I receive
Strength enough to  do my work
From the forest I have everything
Everything that God gives me

Oh, the forest is a splendor
In the way that it is made
It is with love that it is harmonized
And leaves the earth satisfied

We must all live on the earth
Each with total satisfaction
And if we want to have life
We give thanks to our Mother.

No Title
/…  Irineu  64

I always live in this world
Viva!  All who wish
Viva! God in the heights
And the patriarch, St. Joseph

I give viva to the Virgin Mother
Viva to Her companions
Protect us in this world
You as Mother of Truth

The Sun which came to the earth
To illuminate everyone
To it there is no beautiful or ugly
He illuminates all equally

The Moon has three passages
All three are enclosed within Her
It is necessary to understand
That She is who controls the earth.

So yeah there are a mix of both out there associated with the Santo Daime.  However keep in mind that this particular church seems to reject the more down to Earth poetry and sticks to the brainwashing material instead :rolleyes:

You know what, I'm going to have to leave you guys hanging.. sorry lol.  This is taking longer than I thought and I really need to get some sleep.  Will update tomorrow. :peace:

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Satyapriya]
    #15168933 - 10/02/11 08:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wow that's sucky. :thumbdown:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#15169055 - 10/02/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! im dying to hear the real bat shit crazyness! i hear the sound of 100 people puking is quite the jarring experience on aya!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Invisiblefilthydee
 User Gallery

#15169476 - 10/02/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

leaving me on the edge of my seat here man.
can't wait to hear the rest!

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #15170143 - 10/03/11 03:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shrooomtastic said: loss of vision + chronic back/neck pain, and feel as though I need some sort of reminder as to why I am here and why I should continue the fight.  I feel like ayahuasca can help me to reconnect to the answers to some of these questions.

How long have been suffering loss of vision? Do you know there are excercises you can do to retrain your vision--so to speak. there are videos on youtube

I have recently started experimenting Qigong. You familiar with this?

I am DEEELIGHTED you are thinking about partaking of the sacred Ayahuasca!! :smile:

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: zzripz]
    #15170269 - 10/03/11 05:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Shrooomtastic said: loss of vision + chronic back/neck pain, and feel as though I need some sort of reminder as to why I am here and why I should continue the fight.  I feel like ayahuasca can help me to reconnect to the answers to some of these questions.

How long have been suffering loss of vision? Do you know there are excercises you can do to retrain your vision--so to speak. there are videos on youtube

I am DEEELIGHTED you are thinking about partaking of the sacred Ayahuasca!! :smile:

he already did the ceremony he thinks the particular church he went to is a cult we're waiting on pins and needles for the rest of the report!

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15170560 - 10/03/11 07:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh right LOL. I see. I didn't say anything before because i didn't wanna ruin your OWn finding out about this. I personally have never taken to this cult at all and was shoked to see them all dressed in white and it looks so straight and stiff--definately not my flva at all. But thanks for letting know the words of their hymns. This is a good expose of their brainwashing technique

Quote:

The Divine Eternal Father
Is the Owner of this power
It is He who gives strength to our Master
For whatever he wants to do.

That is typical patriarchy, for all the others call to the 'Divine Mother'--it makes it clear who is 'owner'. So it is just carry-on of the patriarchal BS that has caused and carries on causing the dissocation from nature.

Christian Rätsch is scathing about the Santo Daime church!

Psychonautica 73 - Interview with Christian Rätsch

DOWNLOAD PODCAST HERE:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/psychonautica073.mp3

InvisibleCups
technically "here"
 User Gallery

#15170584 - 10/03/11 07:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see what the big deal is.  :shrug:

Whats so outrageous about a bunch of people, bombed out on DMT/harmala saying God is in everything? 

:awecid:

You chose to take this at a church if you recall.

Estou confuso!

--------------------
What's up everybody?!

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Cups] * 1
    #15170682 - 10/03/11 08:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I warned him it had a christian affiliation, what was he expecting?

--------------------

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Icelander]
    #15174672 - 10/03/11 11:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

The vision problem is due to a botched LASIK procedure that happened 3 years ago.  Vision therapy is not an option really as it is an issue with the cornea.  The only option left is another surgery, or patching, which I am looking into since I have recently discovered that they make a contact lens that acts like an eye patch that can be made to appear roughly the same as my eye.

Quote:

Cups said:
Estou confuso!

:lol:

Quote:

Icelander said:
I warned him it had a christian affiliation, what was he expecting?

Yes you did.  I guess I made the mistake of assuming that the ayahuasca may have made the community them more down to Earth or something :shrug:  But actually it was quite the opposite lol.  They we're sky high and I don't think they're coming down any time soon!  Seriously though, there was some intense negativity directed at me for simply wanting to sit outside amongst nature, in their garden which I might add, was within limits, and fucking meditate in peace.  I'm talking about a lot of power hunger, deep seated need to control, and just like general fakeness about their personalities.  Some of them we're cool and understanding of my situation, but others we're like straight up schizo-should not be taking psychedelics type people!

I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow perhaps.. Really I'm sorry about the hold up to whoever is reading, there is just a lot going on right now, and a lot to process still about this weekend.  I would much rather forget it already to be honest :sad: but i will share the experience. :peace:

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

Edited by Satyapriya (10/04/11 12:20 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#15175431 - 10/04/11 06:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This nonsense is to be expected from any group imo.  That's why I avoid them all like the plague.  I know John and Chant from other places and for maybe 20 years and don't trust either of them as far as I can throw them.  They are the main reason I didn't want to be involved in that shit. Once I knew they were in it and high up I knew I didn't want that shit.  Still I've heard of some folk having good experiences there. :shrug:

I choose my tripping companions very carefully.  I need to trust them with my life so to speak and do.  There are only a few and most of my tripping is solo.  Solo is best imo.  You can buy the mixture easily on line now and expect good quality and a good experience.

Chalk it all up to experience and get on with it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Icelander]
    #15179725 - 10/05/11 02:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think it is a BIG shock and disillusion when you find that some people who take psychedelics do not 'get it'. I have had this feeling when I first came into contact with online psychedelic forums and found some others didn't have the same insights as me about nature etc and seemed to adhere to scientific materialism---The Lycaeum forums are the worst for that, because the mods back it up so you have that power-influence, and people have to write an ESSAY to even be able to register---so it is like a school
I also found out cults from the past also would do this. So for example, the Dionysian Mysteries originally were very wild, and open regarding their interpretation of the ecstatic experience inspired with entheogenic sacrament--they were also oral, not writing anything down and pushing a dogma, yet within this school appeared this other mindset which was Orphism, and the did write their myth down and it was claiming that a divine spirit 'Dionysos' was trapped in the physical body, and only through this cult's 'purification' rituals could it escape back 'home'. So in other words they were making their followers paranoid about their own bodies and the natural world. THAT cult influenced Christianity!

So this is why I really really really encourage QUESTIONING. If something dont feel right to you, no matter HOW many people believe it, or what they take for inspiration, question it and question yourself. So I am glad to see you are doing that

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15179880 - 10/05/11 04:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would love then for this tyhread to share ideas what you would like psychedelic experience, whether individual or communal or both or mixture of both to explore? Ie., you make it clear that Santo Daime is defo not for you :smile:---So can we explore what we would LIKE as a community regarding taking these powerful substances. The only way we can explore this is communicating and not being afriad to ask questions

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#15180065 - 10/05/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think it is a BIG shock and disillusion when you find that some people who take psychedelics do not 'get it'.

Maybe that is because there is no "it" to get outside of each persons subjective experience and desires.  There is no way for me to know if what I take away from the psychedelic experience is "it".  It is it for me personally however.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder