Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIrwin Fletch
Stranger

Back for the season [Re: AstaCrazyBull]
    #15186794 - 10/06/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm glad to see this thread i was getting sick of scrolling through crap to get to peoples finds.. In other words thank you maynardjameskeenan. I'm waiting for my spots to yield me some good news aswell as the rest of us waiting for the cyans to pop up. with the setting in the PNW being as wet as it has been, and the past few mornings being chillier than normal my money is resting on next week after the 8Th being quite plentiful.

Also I don't know if anyone has noticed this but on the east side especially people this year have been a little more curious than normal about my hunting habits. I recently read a few articles one in the Seattle times and i cant remember where the other was, but both were centered on the public's new found fascination with fungi in the PNW. These articles concerned me because I rely on peoples ignorance to what i am doing to succeed in hunting public parks and such. so if anyone else has noticed this i would appreciate your feedback because this could be a problem for everyone...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomNinja
Humbled Bastard Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Twilight zone
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: HighOregonCouple]
    #15186798 - 10/06/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jet li said:
Just a moment, let me talk to the spirits......they say no, because you're not willing to go on a hunt, you just want people tell your fortune.  So no.

That being said...

...I am now checking google earth for possible awesome locations.  You should do the same.  Keep in the mind many of the ...many images incorporated into google's earth may be years out of date.  So, don't be surprised if something doesn't turn out to be what you'd imagined based on google earth. OK I will now stop saying google earth.

Have a nice day.

I am receiving a message from the spirits also, they say you are a not a friendly guy! I'm not asking anybody to tell my fortune. as i have been hunting for 6 years, stop being arrogant & assuming that I am lazy or uninformed. I'm not just asking about actives either. if anything I'm super excited for whatever is going to come this season, in the past it's been more about actives but I want edibles as well.

Quote:

HighOregonCouple said:
Good thing there is enough reefer for this fucking wait... :rasta:

Offlinenonchalant
Hobbyist

Loc: The Sea at Le
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: jet li]
    #15186829 - 10/06/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jet li said:
Quote:

nonchalant said:
Do you mean to say that you feel that most mushrooms taste like them, in your experience?

No.  Rather, no mushroom tastes as good as.

I have some morel friends who'd like to meet you and have a word with your tastebuds. You should go see about finding them in the crowd out there.

Offlineloco801
The lone ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Washington
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: nonchalant]
    #15187436 - 10/06/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The Actives forum is getting a little ridiculous. :facepalm: Went on a hunt today and found many different variety of panaeolus where horse would travel. Printing them now.  Along with 3 fairy ring mushies.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Species found::mushroom2:
P. azurescens
P. cyanescens
P. semilanceata
P. pelliculosa
P. stuntzii
G. luteofolius
Pan. cinctulus

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: loco801]
    #15187456 - 10/06/11 04:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

loco801 said:
The Actives forum is getting a little ridiculous. :facepalm: Went on a hunt today and found many different variety of panaeolus where horse would travel. Printing them now.  Along with 3 fairy ring mushies.

Good luck to you. :wizard:

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineSiriustar
Enthusiast
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #15187571 - 10/06/11 04:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Got out today, found some Psathyrella, some fairy rings, other various LBMs, but no actives or edibles. Good to know I'm not just plain blind, though!

--------------------
"Disrespect the octane, yo' plane'll crash."

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: Siriustar]
    #15187583 - 10/06/11 04:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah there is just not a damn thing out there at the moment. well i mean not without getting fucking very serious about it.  I think I'm going to call it a day for a weed or so, and see if things get a little more weathery before putting anymore effor into this early season.

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: jet li]
    #15187603 - 10/06/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't seen much fungal growth at all to be honest, and yes I have been looking daily. what gives :shrug: I would have thought I would see tons as soon as the fall rains came in. Maybe the ground isn't saturated enough or the temperatures are still to high. I think I might call it a "weed" also a give up for a bit until the active posts start coming in.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Offlinenonchalant
Hobbyist

Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #15187741 - 10/06/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I went out mushroom hunting today and found a highly desirable species. This is the extremely rare Nintetytwodollaricus Winningescen. I never thought I'd find one in the wild. Although a lot of its weight is water, it's a real hearty specimen. I'd estimate its value at $92 at market.

I really hope they propagate and reproduce. If I could find one or two of these each time I went mushroom hunting I'd probably never do anything else.

Invisibledhpgetsit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: nonchalant]
    #15187916 - 10/06/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nonchalant said:
I went out mushroom hunting today and found a highly desirable species. This is the extremely rare Nintetytwodollaricus Winningescen. I never thought I'd find one in the wild. Although a lot of its weight is water, it's a real hearty specimen. I'd estimate its value at $92 at market.

I really hope they propagate and reproduce. If I could find one or two of these each time I went mushroom hunting I'd probably never do anything else.

Awesome haul, dude!

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

#15187958 - 10/06/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nonchalant said:

Dry them and send me a few samples.  I'll try to clone them.

--------------------

Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
    #15188141 - 10/06/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jet li said:

Hahahaha! :brilliant:

I hear the ones on the right are slightly psychoactive.

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Edited by suchen (10/06/11 06:39 PM)

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

#15188159 - 10/06/11 06:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
I think I might call it a "weed" also a give up for a bit until the active posts start coming in.

:laugh2:  :wetself:

I was like huh?  had to weed my comment again, bwaha!

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #15188169 - 10/06/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nonchalant said:

The most destructive drug know to man.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Re: **THE OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPECULATION, ANTICIPATION AND WEATHER REPORTS** [Re: suchen]
    #15188223 - 10/06/11 06:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

suchen said:
Quote:

jet li said:

Hahahaha! :brilliant:

I hear the ones on the right are slightly psychoactive.

I smoke Denirocus jacksonii every day yo.

--------------------

Offlinenonchalant
Hobbyist

#15189084 - 10/06/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Very nice, everyone. I got some great laughs :smile:

And yes it's quite an addictive high. Got some green and some grub for myself today, and paid part of a bill. Booja.

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #15189092 - 10/06/11 09:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You know your old when you pay bills with free money that you find.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Offlinenonchalant
Hobbyist

#15189095 - 10/06/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Stop it. Stop it right now. Don't go there. Hahhahahaha.

Offlinenonchalant
Hobbyist

#15189107 - 10/06/11 09:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not old I'm just part of the 99%. Hell I should be in NYC, anyway... just not this time of year? So conflicted...

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #15189199 - 10/06/11 09:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah so no ps.cyan pins in portland yet. 10-day forecast doesn't show it getting cold enough - want some lows at least 40F. bummer. but cold enough to light the wood stove!

i still have half of last year's haul, and i've given away 10x as much as I've used myself. funny that i'm still excited about getting moar.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale