Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: TheDutch]
    #15161537 - 10/01/11 08:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I agree. I hope the site will come back, with some other fundings, perhaps. And if it does not, I hope that we will be able to access to the informations, or to have some backup, so that we can proceed with the conversations elsewhere.
Some years ago, the edot site disappeared in a similar way for some days, and then come back, so there is still some hope!
Thanks to shroomery for allowing this thread about edot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: ferrel_human]
    #15162127 - 10/01/11 11:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
Quote:

fantasticfungus said:
www.entheogen.com has this forum closed? I cant access it, sad if it's gone :frown:

you are better off here. fuck those guys. they deserve it. for being such uptight pricks. :yuno:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can't understand how you think that losing almost 15 years worth of information is a good thing.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

Offlineixtli
Stranger
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: cowfodder]
    #15162814 - 10/01/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You can still access www.entheogen.com if you add the following line to your "hosts" file:

67.205.53.152 www.entheogen.com

In Windows, the "hosts" file is located in c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and you have to be admin to edit it. Use a simple text editor such as notepad. Google the following if you need more info or further instructions: hosts file

Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

#15162815 - 10/01/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cowfodder said:
Quote:

ferrel_human said:
Quote:

fantasticfungus said:
www.entheogen.com has this forum closed? I cant access it, sad if it's gone :frown:

you are better off here. fuck those guys. they deserve it. for being such uptight pricks. :yuno:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can't understand how you think that losing almost 15 years worth of information is a good thing.

Well, I really hope that is not the case. I can understand that a server went down, not that the information disappear. Still no explanations?

Offlineixtli
Stranger
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: salvialover24]
    #15162823 - 10/01/11 02:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

salvialover24 said:
Well, I really hope that is not the case. I can understand that a server went down, not that the information disappear. Still no explanations?

The server seems to be just fine - see my post above. However, the domain name has expired few days ago. One year registration only costs a few bucks, so it looks like someone just forgot to renew it :-(

Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: ixtli]
    #15162860 - 10/01/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ixtli said:
You can still access www.entheogen.com if you add the following line to your "hosts" file:

In Windows, the "hosts" file is located in c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and you have to be admin to edit it. Use a simple text editor such as notepad. Google the following if you need more info or further instructions: hosts file

Thanks for that info.
For the mac you can find "hosts file" instruction here
Hosts file for Mac Leopard

Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

#15162880 - 10/01/11 03:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ixtli said:
The server seems to be just fine - see my post above. However, the domain name has expired few days ago. One year registration only costs a few bucks, so it looks like someone just forgot to renew it :-(

Good news. I still hope it will come back though. Especially if it is just a question of few bucks.

It is not that I do not appreciate shrooms, to be sure, but there was a very nice salvia forum there :smile:

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: salvialover24]
    #15163208 - 10/01/11 04:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (10/24/11 03:51 PM)

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: FrenchMachine]
    #15163224 - 10/01/11 04:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FrenchMachine said:
The EDOT forums are like a 5 star hotel while the Shroomery is a cesspool like the DMV.

:lmafo:

--------------------

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15163718 - 10/01/11 06:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ixtli said:

Thank you for the suggestion, it works!  I'm logged back on right now.  It is still probably related to the domain having expired though.  When a domain expires it gets pulled from the DNS servers immediately, and then after a month it will usually get dropped entirely, and is available for sale.  We'll see what I can figure from here.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15163773 - 10/01/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm now able to log in, thanks to ixtli's suggestion.  It looks like no new posts have been made in the last 2 days.  I'm in the process of creating a complete, offline copy of the site just in case it stays down.  I'll try to keep everyone up to date as I learn more.

As far as what exactly happened, I'm not sure.  What I know is that the current owner was considering letting the site go, and there had been some discussion amongst a few of us mods over there about buying the site.  That seems to have fallen through, and at this point it's possible that the owner is intent on letting edot die.  If it can be helped, I won't let this happen.

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Edited by cowfodder (10/01/11 06:40 PM)

OfflineYacub
Psychedelic Redneck
Male User Gallery

Loc: NOLA Flag
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: FrenchMachine] * 2
    #15164028 - 10/01/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FrenchMachine said:
This is unfortunate. Hopefully they get that all worked out. The EDOT Salvia Forum is legendary. No other forums on the net come close. Too much good information to lose.

Cowfodder, thanks for the info & please keep us updated. Good luck with whatever needs to be done.

Hey salvialover24, good to see you. If EDOT doesnt come back then one of you guys needs to start a new Salvia forum somewhere. You or BurningMouth or Dioxopus. But I'm worried about you now, you are too intelligent for the Shroomery! Run for your life before this place corrupts you!

The EDOT forums are like a 5 star hotel while the Shroomery is a cesspool like the DMV.

KEEP EDOT ALIVE!

:blueorred:

If you don't like it here than GTFO. :shrug:

I don't have a problem with the edot people showing up here to sort things out, but there's no need for pompous douchebaggery to your hosts.

OfflineG77
Nutritionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jax
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: Yacub]
    #15164494 - 10/01/11 09:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah that was a bit rough around the edges French...
The shroomery is being pretty righteous about all this.

Anyways, is there anything I can do CF?
I haven't spoken to catfish or teeko this week, so I am not sure if they are aware of whats going on or not. I can text them if you want me to pass something along.

Are you saying the "owner" has officially been contacted finally? I'd like to give him a piece of my mind...

--------------------
--

"To live content with small means. To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion. To be worthy not respectable, and wealthy not rich. To listen to stars and birds and babes and sages with an open heart. To study hard, think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions. Never hurry. In a word, to let the spiritual, the unbidden and the unconscious rise up through the common. This is my symphony." --William Henry Channing

Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

#15165107 - 10/02/11 01:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FrenchMachine said:
This is unfortunate. Hopefully they get that all worked out. The EDOT Salvia Forum is legendary. No other forums on the net come close. Too much good information to lose.

Cowfodder, thanks for the info & please keep us updated. Good luck with whatever needs to be done.

Hey salvialover24, good to see you. If EDOT doesnt come back then one of you guys needs to start a new Salvia forum somewhere. You or BurningMouth or Dioxopus. But I'm worried about you now, you are too intelligent for the Shroomery! Run for your life before this place corrupts you!

KEEP EDOT ALIVE!

:blueorred:

Nice to see you FrenchMachine, thanks for the kind word. I wouldn't criticize the shroomery though, they seem very nice, but EDOT deserves to live, especially if this is a question of paying some bucks. I am sure many members would accept to give some funds for maintaining it alive.
Cowfodder, I am glad that you make a copy of the site. Still, I hope very much that it will not stay down. In any case, thanks for the help and news. Thanks again to Ixtll for the "hosts file" info". Let us hope.

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: salvialover24]
    #15165287 - 10/02/11 03:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (10/24/11 03:50 PM)

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15166302 - 10/02/11 10:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was intensely interested in one particular thread on entheogen.com.  The thread was a 47 page discussion about Amanita Muscaria and Donald E Teeter's idea's about growing a wooly mold like fungus 'on and from' the AM mushroom.  Mr Teeter calls this mold "the holy fleece" and he says it provides psilocybin effects if processed properly and also some medicinal property's as well.

I have just collected some of these AM mushies and dried them correctly i.e. air dried at room temperature (last years samples was dried to quick and where sterilized) and I was successful in getting this grey wooly growth out of em.

Its reckoned that this 'growth' is probably not AM at all but more likely a mucor fungus that lives on AM.  I wouldn't consume this mucor fungus until more research on it has been done and this thread about the matter on entheogen.com was about the best I had found anywhere on the net.  Hope they get it going again just for this fascinating thread about AM.

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #15166321 - 10/02/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

FrenchMachine said
Quote:

Calm down guys, I was just bustin' balls.

I didnt think anyone was going to take it that seriously.

I was just sayin' ya know...

It's like the EDOT forum is a nice clean building I walk into with a nice lobby. The staff is usually friendly although can occasionally be dicks like any in business in the service industry. You have a good time, a nice meal, and maybe meet a few nice mature folks. The Shroomery is like the dark seedy alley behind this nice building. I walk down the dark alley feeling that I'm mostly safe but it's possible I might get stabbed or raped at any moment. I'm just waiting for someone to come out of the dark shadows and ask me if I want some crack rock or if I want to shoot up. If all the people who post on the Shroomery were all gathered in the same exact place at the same exact time in one big group and I was stuck in the middle I would be fucking terrified. I would be like "Oh my god this is it...this is the end. This is how my life is going to end. I'm not going to make it out of this alive. Any minute now someone is going to start shoving a load of drugs into one of my orifices while simultaneously stealing my money and giving me an STD."

Ok all kidding aside, I like the Shroomey obviously, or I wouldnt have posted 800 messages in the last few years on here. Enough with the shits & giggles.

Cowfodder, thanks for making a backup of the site. Too bad to hear that the owner wants to just let it disappear. I hope you guys can do something about it.

I dont know anything about hosting sites or designing sites...how does that work? You just transfer the backup to a new forum? All the posts transfer over like nothing ever changed?

Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.

:lolsy:

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #15168024 - 10/02/11 05:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Offline backup is completed.  I have a complete mirror of all the posts at least.  I've had some contact with Teeko, and he's not sure what's going on either.  We're still in a holding pattern for now.

As an aside, thank you to the mods and admins here for letting us use your board to communicate what's going on.  It's really appreciated!

:nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:

--------------------
—Bill Hicks

Offlinesalvialover24
Stranger

#15170297 - 10/03/11 05:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cowfodder said:
Offline backup is completed.  I have a complete mirror of all the posts at least.

That is already a relief. That ought to be a big file!

Quote:

cowfodder said:
I've had some contact with Teeko, and he's not sure what's going on either.  We're still in a holding pattern for now.

This is rather mysterious. I hope it is not related to the Universal Dovetailer Thread (UDA).
Some (influent) people are quite mad about it. UDA is a quasi illegal stuff in some countries. But frankly I doubt this is the case.
Still it is weird that nobody seems to know what is really going on with edot.

Quote:

cowfodder said:
As an aside, thank you to the mods and admins here for letting us use your board to communicate what's going on.  It's really appreciated!

Yes. It is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Too bad that swim's favorite shrooms have been made illegal in The Netherlands, he would have been a member of this forum much earlier most probably. Swim still consumes (rarely) some truffles and other philosophical stone, but the trips are rather dark :ooo: He might send some reports here some day.
Thanks a lot to you cowfodder, for given us news and hope :smile:

Edited by salvialover24 (10/03/11 05:23 AM)

OfflineG77
Nutritionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jax
Re: www.entheogen.com [Re: salvialover24]
    #15174029 - 10/03/11 08:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

salvialover24 said:

This is rather mysterious. I hope it is not related to the Universal Dovetailer Thread (UDA).
Some (influent) people are quite mad about it. UDA is a quasi illegal stuff in some countries. But frankly I doubt this is the case.
Still it is weird that nobody seems to know what is really going on with edot.

I was really looking forward to delving into your esoteric shenanigans, the UDA threads in particular. I don't believe that thread was the reason for Edot's offline status though...

We Mods were aware of this situation, and we tried our best to address it. Problem is we don't have contact with any of the first generation owners. In the Mod section, Mingarden and I discussed that the domain was to expire at the end of September, but no one knew who to contact about it.

See here for more:
http://www.who.is/whois/entheogen.com/

Catfish told me he is unsure of how to move forward at this point as well.

If this becomes a more serious issue, please PM me here with the UDA thread if you have a copy of it.
I'm not sure how CF backed up the site, nor how available the saved data will be once backed up.

--------------------
--

"To live content with small means. To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion. To be worthy not respectable, and wealthy not rich. To listen to stars and birds and babes and sages with an open heart. To study hard, think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions. Never hurry. In a word, to let the spiritual, the unbidden and the unconscious rise up through the common. This is my symphony." --William Henry Channing

Edited by G77 (10/03/11 08:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag