Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesat1va
always a heroic dose
 User Gallery

Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!)
    #15141809 - 09/27/11 12:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey fellow tripsters! "Long time listener, first time caller." Looking forward to sharing my couple years of bulk grow trials and tribulations with the community. :grin:

Many times before I've had success with the "Hunter GT Baby Bottle Tek", but this recent problem has me scratching my head..

IMMEDIATELY after opening the cooled PC, there is a settled layer of film that looks like a bacteria contamination.. I don't know how this could be possible after just 12 hours of cooling before a MS syringe is even introduced

I'm using 4% Honey, PC'ing @ 15 PSI for 60 Minutes, and have had the same "contamination" in all 3 baby bottles, on three separate attempts.. The 3rd attempt I added 4% peroxide to each bottle and had the same result. I'm so confident in this tek with my previous success, that my only hypothesis at this point is a bad batch of Honey.. I really appreciate any opinions, thoughts, and feedback!

Thank you greatly,

- Sat1va

UnShaken

Shaken

--------------------
Sat1va

“If at some point your are not afraid that you took too much.. Then you didn't take enough..”

― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediatom
Strangler
Male

Re: Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!) [Re: sat1va]
    #15141833 - 09/27/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've never used LC but from what I understand honey will sometimes leave sediment in the liquid, especially if it isn't good filtered honey.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!) [Re: diatom]
    #15142617 - 09/27/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Normal, I think it is proteins falling out of solution. I prefer mine clear so you can differentiate between this and myc.

A tip is to microwave for a while it first and leave it overnight in the fridge. Then the stuff settles to the bottom and you can slowly pour the clear layer into jars and properly sterilize them.

Offlinesat1va
always a heroic dose
 User Gallery

Re: Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!) [Re: blackout]
    #15148436 - 09/28/11 05:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:

A tip is to microwave for a while it first and leave it overnight in the fridge. Then the stuff settles to the bottom and you can slowly pour the clear layer into jars and properly sterilize them.

Thats an absolutely brilliant idea! Thank you Blackout!

--------------------
Sat1va

“If at some point your are not afraid that you took too much.. Then you didn't take enough..”

― Terence McKenna

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!) [Re: sat1va]
    #15148805 - 09/28/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

my $ is on caramalized honey. I recommend getting your water to a boil, then adding the honey, which you must then *thoroughly* mix, then PC that. what probably happened is your honey didn't mix, it sank to the bottom, and caramalized from all the heat.

Offlinetrophycase
Dickface

Re: Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!) [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15149183 - 09/28/11 07:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know why everyone on this site sucks at making LC's. Everyone is always complaining about contams and yadayadayada.

This is exactly how I do my honey LC's: http://mushroompalace.com/grow-your-own/liquid-culture

Works like a charm, I don't have contam problems, and I promise you that a fucking monkey could do it.

This is essentially the same tech, but opening the lid to drop in spores is risky business, IMO: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5238137#5238137

--------------------
All of the cultivation photos uploaded by this account were taken in an area of the globe where such practices are legal and uninhibited.

Offlinesat1va
always a heroic dose
 User Gallery

Re: Honey Liquid Culture Contamination Pre Inoculation / Pre Injection (w/ PICS!) [Re: trophycase]
    #15164455 - 10/01/11 09:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

trophycase said:
I don't know why everyone on this site sucks at making LC's. Everyone is always complaining about contams and yadayadayada.

This is exactly how I do my honey LC's: http://mushroompalace.com/grow-your-own/liquid-culture

Works like a charm, I don't have contam problems, and I promise you that a fucking monkey could do it.

This is essentially the same tech, but opening the lid to drop in spores is risky business, IMO: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5238137#5238137

An interesting sweeping assumption with an unparalleled ability to articulate.. I'm fully capable of using the search function on how to make LC, thanks. And what exactly is a yadayadayada?

--------------------
Sat1va

― Terence McKenna

OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smurf Village Flag
    #15164474 - 10/01/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Is the honey getting old????  My honey jars seem to get a lot of buildup after they've sat in the cabinet a while....

Ive started using LDME for LC, and I have to tell ya... Im impressed!!

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder